Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word (63152 Views)

Secret Sins & Consequences / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD’S Word / If Adam And Eve Didn't Know Right From Wrong, How Was Disobeying God A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
horlumiday:
You can't compare the BIBLE with other books...

The Bible is the best selling book of all time.. till now :PYou can't compare the BIBLE with other books...

The Bible is the best selling book of all time.. till now

My brother you waste your time on a pure child of hell. I know we should try as much as possible to win sinners souls but when one has made up his mind to deny God at all cost. it is better you leave him with his Father Satan. Judgement awaits them together. it's a matter of time.
I perceive he is not even mentally stable. Read all his comments and You'ld see

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
horlumiday:
Use simple english...
Birds of a feather flock together. . If you wanna blow grammar.. I think you should take 'TOEFL, IELTS OR GMAT... V said my own sha, iwolomo..

U are wasting ur time arguing with them. Don't forget the bible already said that "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God".1COR 1:18. I love the yoruba interpretation of that verse.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
Bubu4Sea:

If na Christian Insult Mohammed no be ban dem go get?

Well Jesus did good.

Unlike that pedophile that married a 6yr old baby from mecca that gave the world jihad.

he is the origin of terrorism.

And all his followers are terrorists.

Just like the so called Fulani Herdsmen that are actually Boko Haram.

You think this guy is a Muslim? he is not. he is one of those mentally derailed ppl called atheists. Wasting your time on a child of perdition is not wise bro. Ppl like this only Christ himself can arrest him like he did Paul.
Leave him to his satanic babbling.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
Rejoiceavl:

after reading all ur comments..all I can say is...Tank u lord Jesus 4 counting me wordy of knowing u..u r d best thing dat happened to me..I love u love u to enternity...Have mercy lord
grin grin grin... What about we hook up and get to know each other better since i kind of inspire you to know your god better?

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
davtosh:

You think this guy is a Muslim? he is not. he is one of those mentally derailed ppl called atheists. Wasting your time on a child of perdition is not wise bro. Ppl like this only Christ himself can arrest him like he did Paul.

Such people are clear example of what Apostle Paul said: "Because that when they knew God, they glorify Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imagination and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools...... Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleaness through the lust of their own hearts...... Romans 1 21:23, 24a
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
davtosh:

Mentally derailed? Thats a new one grin
grin
Jesus said he is the son of God and your didnt doubt his mentall stability but i am calling him out for what he is and you call me mentally derailed?
Not fair bro
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by horlumiday(m): 5:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
holahmihdeh:

U are wasting ur time arguing with them. Don't forget the bible already said that "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God".1COR 1:18. I love the yoruba interpretation of that verse.
Tired already self
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by horlumiday(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
davtosh:

My brother you waste your time on a pure child of hell. I know we should try as much as possible to win sinners souls but when one has made up his mind to deny God at all cost. it is better you leave him with his Father Satan. Judgement awaits them together. it's a matter of time.
Thought as much, Reason why i stopped arguing
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
davtosh:

You believe Adam and Eve populated the earth alone
You believe a mad jew is god or son of god
You believe a man built an ark with his bare hands with some help from his children
You believe its okay to kill first born innocent children
You believe its okay for a man to marry the girl he raped since he can pay her bribe price
You believe its okay for Abraham to attempt the murder of his son because god directed him to
You also believe a lot of nuisance in the bible but yet i am the one that's mentally unstable?
I graduated top 10 in my class from one of the best Universities in Nigeria and can vouch for my own mental stability. Can you vouch for yours?

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
sweetyme001:
Christians are ordered to stone
people to death for various sins
in the bible.
Christians now say that that was
in the Old Testament and it
doesn't apply now.
But Isaiah 40:8 says the God's
word is forever..

You are right to have said that it was in the old testament my sister and same Bible says His words are for ever. But do you know God can change his mind on some issues.
He has the right and ability to so.

When Christ came He as a mouth piece of God announced changes in some of Gods decisions and that settles it.

If Christians were to follow the old Testament Nigeria would have seized to exist because every act of terrorism against them would have being met with violence too.

Old Testament was an eye for an eye
New Testament is turn the other and leave God to judge.

be blessed
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

You believe Adam and Eve populated the earth alone
You believe a mad jew is god or son of god
You believe a man built an ark with his bare hands with some help from his children
You believe its okay to kill first born innocent children
You believe its okay for a man to marry the girl he raped since he can pay her bribe price
You believe its okay for Abraham to attempt the murder of his son because god directed him to
You also believe a lot of nuisance in the bible but yet i am the one that's mentally unstable?
I graduated top 10 in my class from one of the best Universities in Nigeria and can vouch for my own mental stability. Can you vouch for yours?

The book of proverbs says
26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

the next verse says

26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

this is why I'm repling you, even arguing with a mad man in my culture is forbidden but because of what my Bible says I will answer you.
And it is good that you said you are a graduate, I am glad to tell you that science as critical as it is has not been able to fault the Bible but instead confirm every word written there.
I'm just going to give you three. examples.

1. Do you know that the ark of Noah you referred to in your babbling has been found exactly where the Bible recorded it landed on mount Ararat in today's Turkey.
Pls Google

2. Do you know that apart from the history in the Bible that the Israelites once lived in Egypt and all what the Bible said happened, no Egyptian historians has ever faulted it.
Rather they believe it because about 95% of Egyptians of today are Muslims and it there in their Quran too. Now
presently artifacts have been discovered under the sea that confirms the biblical history of crossing the red sea.

Google my claims and com back with sick babblings again.

Many of these facts were discovered by atheists Archaeologists. ppl like you

3. Sodom and Gomorrah is still where it was and the whole cities are full of ashes and sulphur like the Bible said. There are videos of archaeologists on the site picking sulphur samples.
The Bible says God rained sulphur and brimstone on the cities.

The fact that you don't believe in God does not change the fact that he exists.

After you have googled and found the authenticity of the Bible stories. then continue in your unbelief.

Oo ba mbe loruko re nje.

about all your bragging about academical poweress. bros who knows when your mental problems started it might be after graduation. Shalom
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by emmkeffs(f): 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:
In our day and age, I have noticed, and please correct me if I am wrong, that some people including Christians do not take God's commands or doctrines very seriously. Some people think that when the new covenant, the covenant of grace, came into effect, God stopped caring about doctrine. Some feel that doctrine is insignificant in the new covenant, only serving and loving God's people are what's important today.

Brethren, I am a firm believer that serving and loving God's people are important. However, obeying God's commands and doctrines are very important as well. In fact, not only are we going to be judged on our service to others, but we will also be judged on how faithful we are in following the Word of God.
. ....
“As for the person who hears my .words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day" (Jn. 12:47, 48)....

We will be judged on how faithful we are in following the Words of the Lord...,,. As you can tell, I am very concerned with the laid back attitude that some people have concerning the doctrines and commandments of God. Furthermore, I am also very concerned how some people are distorting the Scriptures to justify their own desired beliefs. Some people, instead of excepting and obeying God's specific teaching on a subject, manipulate or distort God's Word to support their own human views. The Bible on many occasions warns us not to distort truth.

My friends, we need to see that it is a very serious thing to distort God's Word.

(1) According to ( Gal. 1:9 ), people who distort the Word of God will be eternally condemned.

(2) According to ( 2 Pet. 2:1-3; 3:16 ), people who distort the Word of God will bring upon themselves destruction.

(3) We must never intentionally distort the Word of God to satisfy our human and worldly beliefs. If we do, we are jeopardizing our souls.

(4) If we distort or disobey a commandment of God, we commit sin ( 1 Jn. 3:4 ). And you know, as well as I know that sin is a very serious offense.

(5) When God gives us a command, we need to do our very best to follow it. We need to start taking God's commands more seriously. In the Bible, when people disobeyed God's instructions, they were punished.

a.Just because Adam & Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which God told them not to, death came to all people ( Gen. 3 ).

b. Just because Moses struck the rock instead of speaking to it like God told him too, he was not allowed to enter the Promised Land ( Num. 20:8-12 ).

c. Just because Nadab & Abihu offered an unauthorized fire while worshipping God, fire came down from the presence of the Lord and consumed them ( Lev. 10:1, 2 ).

d. Just because Ananias & Sapphira lied to the Holy Spirit and held back some money from a land deal, they both fell down and died ( Acts 5 ).

My dear brothers and sisters, we must start taking the commandments of God more seriously. Although we are living in new covenant of grace, we still must obey the Lord. We must revere the word's of our creator. We must obey the commands that even seem insignificant to us. I realize that none of us are perfect, and on occasions, we will make mistakes. But we must do every thing we can to faithfully obey the commands of God and not distort His Word.
hmmmn I see too many research from one book. the bible.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by ismayl: 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
blackjack21:
I HAVE SAID, YE ARE GODS. Psalms 82:6

this is an ILLUMINATIST. all working towards a goal, A GODLESS SOCIETY.
if u ar a god, them commant urself to be the president of U.S now
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by sekundosekundo: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

Merciful and Slow to anger? I dont think the innocent first born sons of the Egyptians would agree with you or the countless of people murdered on the orders of your god.
Your God is dead and powerless.

Hmmm, I remember when I was an Atheist. Thank God for saving me and showing me the right way.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by jossyphobia(m): 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

Do you know, there are over 5000 religions and over a million Gods. YOur god is just one of them
So, i dare your God to strike me down with thunder and banish my soul into hell, if he cant do this small thing, then he should forever remain silent for he is impotent and powerless
He's merciful I believed you are still blind. and mind you we are not slave we are children of the living God.
Good news!!! yourself can still be forgiven. like I've said you know not what you say.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
davtosh:

The book of proverbs says
26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

this is why I'm replying repling you, even arguing with a mad man in my culture is forbidden but because of what my Bible says I will answer you.
And it is good that you said you are a graduate, I am glad to tell that science as critical as it is has not been able to fault the Bible but instead confirm every word written there.
I'm just going to give two examples.

1. Do you know that the ark you referred to in your babbling has been found exactly where the Bible recorded it landed on mount Ararat in today's Turkey.

2. Do you know that apart from the history in the Bible that the Israelites once lived in Egypt and all what the Bible said happened, no Egyptian historians has ever faulted it.
presently artifact have been discovered under the sea that confirms the biblical history of crossing the red sea.

Google my claims and com back with sick babblings again.

about all your bragging about academically poweress. bros who knows when your mental problems started it might be after graduation. Shalom
The nonexistent ark was found? Hope you didnt get your fact from your deranged pastor? Check him well for his mental stability.
The bible is collection plagiarised of folk tales of ancient Jewish tribes, some of this are just fair tales and some are facts.
Thats why most of the prophets are jews. Its just like if we revert back to African religion, All the prophets would definatly come from Africa.
You believe alot nuisance in the bible like where rapist can redeem themselvs if he pays her bribe price? And i am the mentally unstable one?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Bubu4Sea: 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
davtosh:

feel you bro smiley
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

The nonexistent ark was found? Hope you didnt get your fact from your deranged pastor? Check him well for his mental stability.
The bible is collection plagiarised of folk tales of ancient Jewish tribes, some of this are just fair tales and some are facts.
Thats why most of the prophets are jews. Its just like if we revert back to African religion, All the prophets would definatly come from Africa.
You believe alot nuisance in the bible like where rapist can redeem themselvs if he pays her bribe price? And i am the mentally unstable one?

So you don't believe the archaeology findings and you claim you went to school. You don't know before they come out with their facts they must have gone into the lab to work on it and are certain of what they claim.

You must really have been brilliant truely in school.

Continue wining and dining with Lucifer.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
davtosh:

So you don't believe the archaeology findings and you claim you went to school. You don't know before they come out with their facts they must have gone into the lab to work on it and are certain of what they claim.

You must really have been brilliant truely in school.

Continue wining and dining with Lucifer.
There is no authentic archeological findings to back your noah ark theory, Your pastor might have lied to you that there is but please use Google to cure yourself of such lies
And please read the whole article not just the headlines, dont behave like a typical Nigerian
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

From a laymans perspective, The Question is valid. Then you realise the earth is just a tiny inconsequential piece of whats out there. We have trillions of planets, billions of stars and millions if of solar systems in just our own Galaxy of which we have millions of Galaxies.
New stars are being formed daily, new planets, new solar system but we currently lack the ability to create a planet by our self but considering we started from sticks and stones to Space crafts and computers then the journey as not ended.
Look, there might be a God or there might not be a God but one thing is certian, the more knowledge Humans have, the less powers we attribute to a God-like being, like for example we all know whats caused the solar eclipse, we all know what causes cholera , we all know you can actually travel out of our planet without god striking down your craft.
The more we know, the less powers God has

Yes bro. New stars are made every day.

Yes. Knowledge is power.

Yes. Civilization & Evolution have redesigned mans rational mindset. To make Him see Himself as a "near-god". As a matter of fact, Christians believe that we (humans) are made in the image & likeness of God.

So We have every right to work wonders with our minds.

However, Our fast growing level of wisdom does not change the unmistakable fact that there is a God somewhere.

He gave us wisdom to beautify our lives & the world We live in.

Not to get drunk with power & question His supremacy.

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by blackjack21(m): 11:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
ismayl:

this is an ILLUMINATIST. all working towards a goal, A GODLESS SOCIETY.
if u ar a god, them commant urself to be the president of U.S now

Did you also ask your god to prove himself that way?

1 Like

Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by ferguson17(m): 2:52am On Jul 25, 2016
I love this Keeping God's commandments is very essential and paramount in our lives
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by awesomeJ(m): 6:42am On Jul 25, 2016
Afrokan:
Ridiculous
When shall men break free of the shackles of slavery brought upon by a mad jew who called himself the son of God ?

Dude, the real question is "when are you going to break away from the foolishness that clouds your mind, and prevents the light of the Gospel from illuminating your heart?"
We'll keep praying for guys like you though, but until then let your sense teach you that if you're not interested in a subject, you don't have to view threads on it let alone make funny comments about your loving Creator.
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by Afrokan(m): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2016
awesomeJ:

Dude, the real question is "when are you going to break away from the foolishness that clouds your mind, and prevents the light of the Gospel from illuminating your heart?"
We'll keep praying for guys like you though, but until then let your sense teach you that if you're not interested in a subject, you don't have to view threads on it let alone make funny comments about your loving Creator.
Freedom of speech.
Besides i only insulted the mad jew caled jesus, so whats the big deal? The church near my house keeps disturbing with its loud speakers of how unbilivers are going to hell and suffer, you don't see me telling them to shut up?
You should exercise restraints, if you don't like my comment just ignore
Re: 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word by whoisuche: 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:
In our day and age, I have noticed,
and please correct me if I am wrong,
that some people including
Christians do not take God's
commands or doctrines very
seriously. Some people think that
when the new covenant, the
covenant of grace, came into effect,
God stopped caring about doctrine.
Some feel that doctrine is
insignificant in the new covenant,
only serving and loving God's people
are what's important today.

Brethren, I am a firm believer that
serving and loving God's people are
important. However, obeying God's
commands and doctrines are very
important as well. In fact, not only
are we going to be judged on our
service to others, but we will also be
judged on how faithful we are in
following the Word of God.

“As for the person who hears my
.words but does not keep them, I do
not judge him. For I did not come to
judge the world, but to save it.
There is a judge for the one who
rejects me and does not accept my
words; that very word which I spoke
will condemn him at the last
day" (Jn. 12:47, 48)....

We will be judged on how faithful we
are in following the Words of the
Lord...,,.
As you can tell, I am very
concerned with the laid back attitude
that some people have concerning
the doctrines and commandments of
God. Furthermore, I am also very
concerned how some people are
distorting the Scriptures to justify
their own desired beliefs. Some
people, instead of excepting and
obeying God's specific teaching on a
subject, manipulate or distort God's
Word to support their own human
views. The Bible on many occasions
warns us not to distort truth.

My friends, we need to see that it
is a very serious thing to distort
God's Word.

(1) According to ( Gal. 1:9 ), people who
distort the Word of God will be
eternally condemned.

(2) According to ( 2 Pet. 2:1-3; 3:16 ),
people who distort the Word of God
will bring upon themselves
destruction.

(3) We must never intentionally distort
the Word of God to satisfy our
human and worldly beliefs. If we do,
we are jeopardizing our souls.

(4) If we distort or disobey a
commandment of God, we commit
sin ( 1 Jn. 3:4 ). And you know, as
well as I know that sin is a very
serious offense.

(5) When God gives us a command,
we need to do our very best to
follow it. We need to start taking
God's commands more seriously. In
the Bible, when people disobeyed
God's instructions, they were
punished.

a.Just because Adam & Eve ate from
the tree of the knowledge of good
and evil, which God told them not to,
death came to all people ( Gen. 3 ).

b. Just because Moses struck the rock
instead of speaking to it like God
told him too, he was not allowed to
enter the Promised Land ( Num.
20:8-12 ).

c. Just because Nadab & Abihu
offered an unauthorized fire while
worshipping God, fire came down
from the presence of the Lord and
consumed them ( Lev. 10:1, 2 ).

d. Just because Ananias & Sapphira
lied to the Holy Spirit and held back
some money from a land deal, they
both fell down and died ( Acts 5 ).

My dear brothers and sisters, we
must start taking the commandments
of God more seriously. Although we
are living in new covenant of grace,
we still must obey the Lord. We
must revere the word's of our
creator. We must obey the
commands that even seem
insignificant to us. I realize that
none of us are perfect, and on
occasions, we will make mistakes.
But we must do every thing we can
to faithfully obey the commands of
God and not distort His Word.

Thanks for this information. I copied the bible verses and the words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas / Pastor Caught Tearing And Burning The Quran In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.