Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) (37449 Views)

6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children / Pregnancy Photos Of A Woman And Her Oyinbo Husband / See Viral Photos Of A Woman And Her Daughter That Will Blow Your Mind. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by SaffronSpice: 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
So this guy had to invent this ruse to get asylum LOL.
Where do people beat up parents for not allowing their child to get circumcised? Hehehe grin.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by MayorofLagos(m): 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Did not know it was practiced in the West of the Country too,I taught the Yoruba's were too enlightened for this Rubbish.

I am surprised.

In the part of the Niger Delta I come from,it is expected females do this circumcision,as a prerequisite for getting married,but I think it is voluntary,and it does not apply to the women married from other cultures.

So one day I asked my mom as a young guy,why do women from our culture get circumsized?and she replied that it is done so the woman don't become promiscuous,by removing the very thing inside a woman that makes them sexually active.

This is Barbaric,but hey it is the culture of the land.

Then as regards this man?the one that claimed he was attacked. I will leave his discussion for another day,because most times,those seeking Asylum in most Western Countries bring up stories like this,so as to get papers.

And as for the picture?could be a picture of anybody that got beaten to a pulp,which just happened to be in the Newspapers,and which the man can claim to be him.

An unrecognizable face like this here,is even hard for Nigerians to decipher if it is the man,let alone White people,so this man stands a chance of getting his papers.

Economically, it is very bad in the country at moment. Add to that high level of insecurity everywhere. Getting visa to travel out is also highly difficult. It is so terrible in Nigeria that a visa to Cambodia is celebrated as a success. So people find loopholes in the system to exploit.

There are controversial hot topics, often defined around cultural values in the West, embodied by the media as standard practice and packaged as liberty under democratic principles. Some are as follows:

1 - gay and lesbian rights
2 - transgender and gender change identity
3 - non binary identity
4 - female circumcision
5 - abortion rights
...and so on.

So if a person can make a convincing claim, as these couple have done, however absurd it sounds, to hint and produce evidence on social media that their liberty of life is threatened and they are victim or targeted under any of these hot points, then they will be contacted and soon be sponsored by a rights advocacy group from a Western country.

It is untrue that Yoruba practice female circumcision. There are numerous Yoruba cultural rites and texts that attest to the female as a equal and powerful gender. There is even a deity in the culture and which is venerated as the gateway of cosmic benevolence.

However, these parents have a need and are exploiting the culture, falsely, to meet that need.

2 Likes

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by JustHere2Observ(f): 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
Oh Africa, oh Mother Africa! Cry for your children.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by kulumo: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
sademola:
if you believe this poo then I will believe that Emir of Kano once ruled Onitsha!

Yes, mutilation may still exist but to lay siege and beat up the parent?
The story is unbelievable my Brother. The place where he was beaten doesn't have a name, state , local government? This is a news publication to corroborate asylum abroad I believe. No culture in the entire Southwest will do this to anyone for genital mutilation. It's a sponsored propaganda to procure or backup an asylum application abroad. Afterall. Oyinbos finds it hard to recognize blacks let alone one with a swollen face.

1 Like

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by lolaluv1(f): 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ramcie:

I have no idea she doesn't want to talk about it again cause she thought I was going to say I've been circumcised too. When she saw my reaction she stopped. They also give incision with blade on all the kids faces said its their way of identification shocked

Which is why it's good to do KYC (know your customer) before getting hitched. God forbid bad thing. I'll fight with everything I've got even if I didn't know before getting married to him.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by lolaluv1(f): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
hoodboy:
In my opinion I think most of us Nigerians that abhor FGM majorly do so because of western propaganda. If not why would male circumcision be correct and female circumcision evil, violent, again women right and all what not, is it not the same cutting?

Rather than criminalise FGM, they should try to advocate for safer FGM so that for those whose culture/religion demands it, it can be done without avoidable risk such as HIV, 'mutilations' etc, a proper standard shouldn't ld be created as it is with male circumcision.

Western culture is not the sole judge of moral standard and they should stop the denigration of other cultures that do not entirely agree with theirs. If female circumcision is a mutilation, so also is male circumcision, and in both cases it can be viewed as the abuse of a child's right because it's nor even done with their permission if babies could talk do you think they'd readily agree to cut their peepee

Which one is safe FGM?
Research actually shows that circumcision done on a male could be beneficial as the foreskin can harbour dirt, bacteria and become infected. It also does not affect a man's sexuality and if anything, heightens his sexual experience.

For a female, the least done is to cut off the clitoris which makes her to not enjoy sex. It could also lead to issues during childbirth and is a very traumatic experience for those who experience it.
The irony (for those who think it keeps a girl decent), is that she could start sleeping around in the search for elusive satisfaction.
In fact, I know someone who made a sex tape with a girl who comes from such a culture.
Also, Edo girls are mostly circumcised, and you and I know what's up with a lot of Edo girls....

It's time we teach our daughters restraint and self control while single. But when it is time, she also has the right to enjoy sex.

3 Likes

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by Ramcie(f): 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
lolaluv1:

Which is why it's good to do KYC (know your customer) before getting hitched. God forbid bad thing. I'll fight with everything I've got even if I didn't know before getting married to him.

Same here I'll never take such. It's barbaric what nonsense. I'm sure if she had spoken out they won't do it but you know how some women can be just for the Inlaws to see them as the best

1 Like

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by organicfoods(m): 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
This story Looks like a lie...what is the name of the community?...the names of the kinsmen that are not battling this Buhari time and have time for enforcing genital mutilation.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by hoodboy(m): 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
sonnie10:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. However I disagree with your premise which pivots around cultural relativism. What is cultural relativism? It is the understanding that no one cultural is right or wrong, and none is superior to the other. Female Gentile Mutilation (FGM) is considered to cause harm to the individual, so based on this, any social benefit is considered secondary. FGM has no known health benefit. Therefore cultural relativism argument cannot be used as a cover for this harmful practice.

Any cultural practice that causes physical harm as well as exposes the woman to health risks should be condemned. FGM exposes the woman to painful childbirth and deprives her of sexual pleasure. A woman is tortured and butchered in the name of tradition. Does a woman not have the right over what happens to her body? They should never be forced to under go such painful cultural practice which only serve to subjugate and establish control over them.

Please enlighten me, how do you know female circumcision has no health benefits? just to let you know that same way some scholars say it has no benefits is the same way other scholars argue that it does, just that research around female circumcision is poorly funded and largely ignored due to western bias. How do you know male circumcision has any health benefit, beyond the religious injunction that makes it acceptable to the people who promote it?

All I am saying is don't criminalise female circumcision, rather, promote healthy ways to go about it e.g. the ability to get it done by trained professionals in a clinic using industry set safety standards
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by hoodboy(m): 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
SaffronSpice:

-Male circumcision is exclusively about removing only the foreskin while female circumcision is more invasive.

-it affects their sex life negtively;whereas,men don't experience the same.

for your information, there are different types of female genital cutting that vary in degree of what is cut off. all i'm saying is if male circumcision is ethically okay, so also is female circumcision, however cultures that allow it should be sensitised so as to reduce identified risk, such as too much cutting or disease transfer through unsterilised equipment.

Just so you know there are cases of male circumcisions that are quite harmful, http://ulwaluko.co.za/Photos.html
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by fm4real2k6(m): 5:44am On Jul 25, 2016
Well it is REAL . I even heard in a particular state, their Government Hospitals does this.

For me I desire to do a documentary on this.

I need a good Investigative Journalist or individual and someone/company that can produce a CNN-standard Documentary.

You can call or whatsapp me on +2348066920770

Its urgent plz, let saves lives.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by TRHM: 6:11am On Jul 25, 2016
lolaluv1:

Which one is safe FGM?
Research actually shows that circumcision done on a male could be beneficial as the foreskin can harbour dirt, bacteria and become infected. It also does not affect a man's sexuality and if anything, heightens his sexual experience.

For a female, the least done is to cut off the clitoris which makes her to not enjoy sex. It could also lead to issues during childbirth and is a very traumatic experience for those who experience it.
The irony (for those who think it keeps a girl decent), is that she could start sleeping around in the search for elusive satisfaction.
In fact, I know someone who made a sex tape with a girl who comes from such a culture.
Also, Edo girls are mostly circumcised, and you and I know what's up with a lot of Edo girls....

It's time we teach our daughters restraint and self control while single. But when it is time, she also has the right to enjoy sex.

what you said is total nonsense!
first, you owe Edo girls an apology.....

Female circumcision has been practiced by dozens of African cultures for centuries in Ethiopia, Erithrea, Nigeria, etc.
here in Nigeria, the Igbos and most southern communities are well known for practicing it and it is extremely beneficial in terms of hygiene.

it's sad now that western countries are pushing their stupid culture on us under the guise of female liberation and they always find something in African culture to attack and at the same time, they want us to start practicing their homosexual and pedophiliac cultures.

let's look at your logic....
you said girls who are circumcised don't enjoy sex.... that is total rubbish.
i know (and have been with) dozens of circumcised girls who totally enjoy sex...
sexual satisfaction is a function of the person you are doing it with, love and personal mood. there is no scientific research to support that it's better for those who are uncircumcised.

also,

circumcision has NO negative impact during childbirth....
infact, it's the other way round as those who are uncircumcised are easily exposed to diseases that can affect them during childbirth.
most veginal infections are air/water bourn which can easily stick to a flapping clitoris during urination or just squatting down.

Also, the danger of sleeping around is mostly found with uncircumcised girls because they cannot be easily satisfied sexually.
girls who are not circumcised, their men don't easily satisfy them... and they mostly resort to lesbianism, sleeping with different men, using all kinds of dildos and other forms to satisfy their ever raging sexual urges.

It's sad that most ppl in this forum are condemning female circumcision as a bad practice without any proof of its adverse impact.
they don't know that the western cultures that are pushing these practices on us are not doing it because they love us so much....

Oyibo ppl don't give a flying (cow dung) about our girls...
they are only trying to get us to relinquish our culture and copy theirs.
and, as long as Africans keep copying oyibo culture, Africa will never be free.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by SaffronSpice: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2016
hoodboy:

for your information, there are different types of female genital cutting that vary in degree of what is cut off. all i'm saying is if male circumcision is ethically okay, so also is female circumcision, however cultures that allow it should be sensitised so as to reduce identified risk, such as too much cutting or disease transfer through unsterilised equipment.
Just so you know there are cases of male circumcisions that are quite harmful, http://ulwaluko.co.za/Photos.html
The anatomy of the female g3nitalia is such that even little mutilation can be dangerous.
I can't remember saying male circumcision is unharmful;I only hinted at the difference in the tissues removed in both cases and its effect on their sex life.

1 Like

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by hoodboy(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2016
SaffronSpice:

The anatomy of the female Instruments is such that even little mutilation can be dangerous.

I can't remember saying male circumcision is unharmful;I only hinted at the difference in the tissues removed in both cases and its effect on their sex life.

And who told you i hasn't affected our sex life, I've read that uncircumcised men get heightened sensation as against circumcised men. Plus like they say what you don't know won't kill you, just like a lady here that said she didn't know she was circumcised till her bf told her.. if he was none the wiser, i'm sure they would have carried on like there was nothing amiss.

Westerners tell you little mutilations can be dangerous, yet it's not illegal to get piercings and what not in the very same Instruments
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by SaffronSpice: 11:04am On Jul 25, 2016
hoodboy:

And who told you i hasn't affected our sex life, I've read that uncircumcised men get heightened sensation as against circumcised men. Plus like they say what you don't know won't kill you, just like a lady here that said she didn't know she was circumcised till her bf told her.. if he was none the wiser, i'm sure they would have carried on like there was nothing amiss.
Westerners tell you little mutilations can be dangerous, yet it's not illegal to get piercings and what not in the very same Instruments
This is not about Westerners or piercings.
Anyway, a circumcised willy looks better than an uncircumcised one(no homo),and "heightened sensation" is subjective.
It depends on the ability of who is using the tool(no homo).
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by Klare(f): 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
HaneefahRN:
Never knew this crazy practice is still so rampant enough to beat a man that refused it up for.

Also heard about a particular community any woman that marries a man from there will be circumcised while in labor for her first child. Don't know if it's still practised till now. Then men wonder why some of their wives are frigid

Its still pratice
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by lolaluv1(f): 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
TRHM:

what you said is total nonsense!
first, you owe Edo girls an apology.....

Female circumcision has been practiced by dozens of African cultures for centuries in Ethiopia, Erithrea, Nigeria, etc.
here in Nigeria, the Igbos and most southern communities are well known for practicing it and it is extremely beneficial in terms of hygiene.

it's sad now that western countries are pushing their stupid culture on us under the guise of female liberation and they always find something in African culture to attack and at the same time, they want us to start practicing their homosexual and pedophiliac cultures.

let's look at your logic....
you said girls who are circumcised don't enjoy sex.... that is total rubbish.
i know (and have been with) dozens of circumcised girls who totally enjoy sex...
sexual satisfaction is a function of the person you are doing it with, love and personal mood. there is no scientific research to support that it's better for those who are uncircumcised.

also,

circumcision has NO negative impact during childbirth....
infact, it's the other way round as those who are uncircumcised are easily exposed to diseases that can affect them during childbirth.
most veginal infections are air/water bourn which can easily stick to a flapping clitoris during urination or just squatting down.

Also, the danger of sleeping around is mostly found with uncircumcised girls because they cannot be easily satisfied sexually.
girls who are not circumcised, their men don't easily satisfy them... and they mostly resort to lesbianism, sleeping with different men, using all kinds of dildos and other forms to satisfy their ever raging sexual urges.

It's sad that most ppl in this forum are condemning female circumcision as a bad practice without any proof of its adverse impact.
they don't know that the western cultures that are pushing these practices on us are not doing it because they love us so much....

Oyibo ppl don't give a flying (cow dung) about our girls...
they are only trying to get us to relinquish our culture and copy theirs.
and, as long as Africans keep copying oyibo culture, Africa will never be free.

I read your long epistle and I'm lmao here. You are soooo ignorant.

Flapping clitoris ko, flying clitoris ni! cheesy

In your ignorance you alluded to the fact that you slept with numerous circumcised girls. Thought the circumcision was supposed to make them remain virgins. cheesy

And stitching shut the vagina and scar tissue from circumcision cannot cause birth issues, Abi?

What level of education have you attained please?? cheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by TRHM: 7:00am On Jul 26, 2016
lolaluv1:

I read your long epistle and I'm lmao here. You are soooo ignorant.

Flapping clitoris ko, flying clitoris ni! cheesy

In your ignorance you alluded to the fact that you slept with numerous circumcised girls. Thought the circumcision was supposed to make them remain virgins. cheesy

And stitching shut the vagina and scar tissue from circumcision cannot cause birth issues, Abi?

What level of education have you attained please?? cheesycheesy

flapping female clit...you know, that thing that causes your camel toe.

my education level is not important at this point, just know that it's sufficient to expose your crappy logic....
you call someone ignorant, but you don't seem to understand auto-correct for vulgarities.
(i expect you to understand that nairaland auto corrects some words..... like Clits....)

actually, there is no stitching with circumcision, it usually heals within 4-5 days.
perhaps you shouldn't talk about circumcision as you really don't know much about it.

and circumcision is not done in the vagina .... its done in the clit.... as someone who has one of those, you should know the difference.

i didn't say circumcision is done to keep girls virgins....
i said it's mostly done for hygienic purposes.
Re: Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) by chiraqDemon(m): 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
So u mean most of them nor get cletoris embarassed cry...eiyah so dem never enjoy d koko wey if i suck my babe she go be like who wan faint....im just pitying them....btw i never heard this in my side..aks...its just barbaric. ...btw wetin concern d ppl wey beat am.....if e nor wan do free am

And in other news send d man back to naija....my town nor de practice this thing so instead of am to use excuse gain papers go overpopulate person country make e come back come live for my town.....now because of the way he will explain this practice to the white ppl they will now be thinking that all of naija is full of barbarians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Your Wife Mistakenly Sleeps With Another Man, Pray & Fight For Her - Bukunmi / Brother Gifts Her A Car On Her Wedding Day: Sparks Mixed Reactions Online / Missing Little Girl In Cocain Village Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.