Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? (1359 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / Ladies, See Why You Should Never Take Your Prayer Life For Granted / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? by helpee(m): 7:39am On Jul 24, 2016
i want to discuss this concept of prayer with an open mind this Sunday morning. There are certain verses in the bible that makes it look certain GOD will always answer our prayers but reality shows otherwise. If you think deeply about all your prayer request in your entire life, you will realise probably less than 10 percent have been answered so far. The funny part is that out of fear, you will most likely deny this reality so you wont be indirectly saying that GOD is a failure. Dont worry, the pastors have created an alibi for you....YOU DONT HAVE FAITH such that when GOD answers your prayer, it is all glory to God and when he doesn't answer your prayers, you are at fault due to lack of faith or Gods time is the best or he knows the best for you. While i agree that Gods time is the best and only he knows that time, why ask us to pray anyway knowing fully well if it is not time he wont answer. The meaning is that no matter your faith, once it is not yet time, God wont answer your prayers. Why ask us to pray then? why not just do things for us when it is time rather than ask us to put faith in something that has failed everybody more than 90 percent of the time? Is he not indirectly weakeaning your faith with such unanswered prayers. Meanwhile, Jesus never gave a condition of faith for answered prayers. in the book of john 16;24, he said UNTIL NOW YOU HAVE ASKED NOTHING IN MY NAME, ASK AND YOU WILL RECEIVE THAT YOUR JOY MAY BE FULL. Two conditions here... 1)ask 2) in my name....no faith prerequisite. why do we have so many poor people in Nigeria? unanswered prayers. There is no single poor people that don't ray for success. why is nigeria so backward with all our prayers in jesus name which is the only criteria for answered prayers yet prayerless countries with gays and other vices are denying us visas because they are more prosperous than us. Dont tell me we don't know how to pray...because even you that knows how to pray probably have less than 20 percent success in your prayers. in my encounter with people, i discovered the same fate befell people wether they pray or not. Infact most people that rely mostly on prayer get disappointed more than people that dont pray. My own conclusion is this,,,PRAYER IS LIKE A LOTTERY. It doesnt depend on you. you cant control it. you cant measure its success rate. you cant challenge because of fear of religious people that will tell you you are blaspheming. If God cant give us a criteria for answering prayers that will always work then prayer is like a lottery. If you know the criteria that makes prayer foolproof, why noot pray it for nigeria to be better? What you will be you will be prayers or not. If you like, lock yourself for fourty nights and pray till death, the chances that God will answer your prayer based on EVIDENCE is less than 20 percent . You may have a contrary opinion based on proofs though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? by hungryboy(m): 7:42am On Jul 24, 2016
The odds that your prayers will be answered by God, is the same with the odds of you winning the lottery,
God and Baba Ijebu dey do remix

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? by helpee(m): 8:00am On Jul 24, 2016
hungryboy:
The odds that your prayers will be answered by God, is the same with the odds of you winning the lottery,
God and Baba Ijebu dey do remix
lol. based on evidences i agree with the odds but the remix aspect----my hands no dey o

1 Like

Re: What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? by Uyi168: 8:13am On Jul 24, 2016
I've come to realise that gods do not answer prayers...
those things we prayed for,and they coincentally come to pass,are the things we actually WORK HARD for..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? by brodalikeme(m): 8:25am On Jul 24, 2016
God definitely hears and answers prayer but He won't answer us based on a pre-conditioned mindset, It is not I need a car, he gives you a car, I need chicken in my soup, chicken jumps into your soup.
God answers our prayer with the entirety of our life in view. He will not give us a gift today that will distroy our tomorrow. Let me explain this a bit, our parents did not give us everything we asked for, not because they couldn't afford it or because they were wicked. They understood timing and relevance.
Finally answers to prayers is not just based on what we can touch alone, but also things that you can't touch or even see. On what money can provide and what money cannot provide.
When we pray to God, we should keep an open mind because God ways are different from ours and He sees things we do not see.
God bless you
Re: What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? by helpee(m): 8:36am On Jul 24, 2016
brodalikeme:
God definitely hears and answers prayer but He won't answer us based on a pre-conditioned mindset, It is not I need a car, he gives you a car, I need chicken in my soup, chicken jumps into your soup.
God answers our prayer with the entirety of our life in view. He will not give us a gift today that will distroy our tomorrow. Let me explain this a bit, our parents did not give us everything we asked for, not because they couldn't afford it or because they were wicked. They understood timing and relevance.
Finally answers to prayers is not just based on what we can touch alone, but also things that you can't touch or even see. On what money can provide and what money cannot provide.
When we pray to God, we should keep an open mind because God ways are different from ours and He sees things we do not see.
God bless you
you are still saying the same thing. so, if i pray to God that i need a car, he may not answer it but if i work real hard, that car becomes less of a miracle because i don't even need to pray to get it again. you are right about parent but your parent will still give you 80percent of what you ask for unless they cant afford it at least once you attain a certain age. But in prayers, we dont understand the ways of God so he wont answer most of our prayers so why PRAY. it is a gamble because you dont even know whether what you are asking for is not what God is prepared to give you at that time so it is better not ppray. Just let things happen naturally and you wont be different from the so called prayer warriors or even be better. The time spent praying can be used to work hard and you wont need to beg for your daily bread in prayers

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? by brodalikeme(m): 8:53am On Jul 24, 2016
helpee:
you are still saying the same thing. so, if i pray to God that i need a car, he may not answer it but if i work real hard, that car becomes less of a miracle because i don't even need to pray to get it again. you are right about parent but your parent will still give you 80percent of what you ask for unless they cant afford it at least once you attain a certain age. But in prayers, we dont understand the ways of God so he wont answer most of our prayers so why PRAY. it is a gamble because you dont even know whether what you are asking for is not what God is prepared to give you at that time so it is better not ppray. Just let things happen naturally and you wont be different from the so called prayer warriors or even be better. The time spent praying can be used to work hard and you wont need to beg for your daily bread in prayers

May God give you understanding in Jesus name-amen
Re: What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? by helpee(m): 9:05am On Jul 24, 2016
brodalikeme:

May God give you understanding in Jesus name-amen
The same understanding he gave you that you cant explain here. keep living in self denial and can you be honest to your God by telling us honestly what percentage of your prayers have been answered since your sojourn on earth?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Probability That God Will Answer Your Prayer ? by hopefulLandlord: 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
It depends on the prayer

Prayers like a healthy person praying to wake up tomorrow before he sleeps is close to 100%, although it must be said that an atheist gets just the same result without praying

But prayers like an amputee praying for his limb to grow is 0%

The pic below says it all

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Mysteries About Water And The Marine Kingdom / Bishop Oyedepo Obeys Authority, Has Online Service (Photo) / Christians Obviously Don't Believe The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.