Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,015 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:30 AM

Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) (3358 Views)

Women Cheat More In A Relationship: Here Are My Reasons / Why Do You Cheat In A Relationship? (here's My Reason) / Five Abusive Words You Should Not Say To Her, No Matter What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 11:13am On Jul 24, 2016
I come from Anguilla but I came to Nigeria to school at OAU, Ife. I fell in love with a girl and we started a relationship that was so abusive that I had to quit after two years.

During this period, I couldn't keep a friend (male or female) because Miss wanted all the attention. I was studying medicine but she wouldn't understand that I needed space to read. I liked to stroll (alone) in the evening to clear my head but Miss always insisted to follow me and she always had her way because she would scream and be unreasonable.

Every argument always ended up in a fight and when I noticed she always wanted to win all argument, I avoided arguments. She hated Muslims, criticized me for being a traditionalist (even though I told her before the relationship became more serious) and was very troublesome. She once insulted a girl on FB for daring to call me "Dear" while wishing me a happy birthday.

I couldn't pick what to wear. She always picked for me. I am a very simple person who liked to wear clothes that I find comfortable. She wanted me to wear suits and ties and jalamia in the heat.

She was very nice to me and very hardworking but she was trouble. Most of her demands were unreasonable. There were neighbours I couldn't greet and neighbours I could greet.

So many other terrible issues. I am so grateful to be free from her. Who else has stories similar to mine.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 24, 2016
I don't need to read ur drama.... cool

NEXT!

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 24, 2016
undecided
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 24, 2016
HMMM interesting, thank jah you finally left her. i have never bein in any serious relationship, though the ladies IV met wanted something serious as in real relationship with me but im not just ready. i dnt even know when i will be ready.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by 247Potential: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2016
Well, it's past now. On to the next one. And please, don't go all 'puppy love' 'please you my mistress' in the next.
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 11:36am On Jul 24, 2016
Estharfabian:
undecided
What happened
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 11:36am On Jul 24, 2016
TrapQueen77:

NEXT!
Why
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 11:40am On Jul 24, 2016
TrapQueen77:

NEXT!
Can we be friends?
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2016
247Potential:
Well, it's past now. On to the next one. And please, don't go all 'puppy love' 'please you my mistress' in the next.

Thank you, bro. Well, nothing is happening again. I am facing my job squarely. Friends, yes. But girlfriend/fiancée/wife, no for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by dilini(m): 11:44am On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=TrapQueen77 post=47839238]I don't need to read ur drama.... cool
after reading and commenting? smh...

NEXT! [/bold]
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by theEYe21(f): 11:57am On Jul 24, 2016
Op you are her bitch! grin for you to let her treat you that way, your self esteem must be -0 shio!

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Opistorincos(m): 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
I don't know if my gf is abusive or not cos I am in a long distance relationship but I know for sure she's an attention monger cos she wants me to be on the phone with her 24/7/366
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
Opistorincos:
I don't know if my gf is abusive or not cos I am in a long distance relationship but I know for sure she's an attention monger cos she wants me to be on the phone with her 24/7/366

That is one of the signs.
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by sinaj(f): 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
Interesting story

U lucky to b out smiley

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
sinaj:
Interesting story

U lucky to b out smiley

Thank you very much.

Ever been in an abusive relationship?
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Apelex(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
sinaj:
Interesting story

U lucky to b out smiley

Tru
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
op!
please tell me that her ass was big
please!!!!
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Opistorincos(m): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
LordofNairaland:

That is one of the signs.

I will have to agree with you on this

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by sinaj(f): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
LordofNairaland:

Thank you very much.

Ever been in an abusive relationship?
nah

I evn avoid authoritarian or strict guys like plague let alone dating them.
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
2BB4CB3E:
op!
please tell me that her ass was big
please!!!!

Yes. But, bro, she was poison, trust me. She had serious insecurities. But she was very hardworking and very caring.

You will enjoy her hard works but she will stifle you.
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
LordofNairaland:

Yes. But, bro, she was poison, trust me. She had serious insecurities. But she was very hardworking and very caring.

You will enjoy her hard works but she will stifle you.
No offence bro!! but after i saw "yes" every other thing you said was blah blah blah blah blah
me and big yansh eh lmao

1 Like

Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by faruz: 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
. make i book space 1st...

now back to ur stowri.
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
sinaj:
nah

I evn avoid authoritarian or strict guys like plague let alone dating them.

Good!! Everyone has a fault but when somebody is always trying to change your faults while blind to theirs, then, there would be trouble.

I have noticed one thing with abusive people. In all my life as a psychiatrist who has a solid background in psychology, abusive people always look for whom to blame for their shortcomings. So, if you are unlucky to get into a relationship with someone with complex issues, you will always get the blames. They never take blames.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
2BB4CB3E:

No offence bro!! but after i saw "yes" every other thing you said was blah blah blah blah blah
me and big yansh eh lmao

Smh...
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Cadamlk: 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Cadamlk: 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
2BB4CB3E:

me and big yansh eh lmao

Na wah for you ooo!! grin grin
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by cezarman(m): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
No, But If She Was Trouble And Also Made Unreasonable Demands, Then In What Way Was She Nice To You By Fvcking You Well?
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by LordOfNaira: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
cezarman:
No, But If She Was Trouble And Also Made Unreasonable Demands, Then In What Way Was She Nice To You By Fvcking You Well?

She will cook, pester you to eat, be sweet but once you ask for a little freedom like "can I stroll down the road alone?" face will change. You will be hearing stuffs like "I feel like strolling too. Let us walk together"

She was very caring to me personally but she never wanted me to be free. Just the two of us.
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by Swissheart(f): 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
Sorry about all that. There ppl like that actually though I think you should have come out all clear to her about how her attitude annoy/frustrate you. There is nothing as risky as having a troublesome/possessive woman as bae smiley.Sometimes you doubt if she has a got a working mind for herself. You can't just predict the height of her mischief.
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by curvysola(f): 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
mine! the guy was always accusing me of cheating! any call i receive shocked am a cheat! angry i come late am cheating! cry i forget about something am cheating sad was really bad! painful part was that he was a boring person but i really loved him so i managed till i met my present and i left his lame sorry ass!
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by princeakins(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
TrapQueen77:

NEXT!

Lol.. afta readin the whole drama cool
Re: Ever Been In An Abusive Relationship? (here Is My Story) by dewhaley: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nay

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Female Behaviors That Men Just Love: Number 5 Will Blow Your Mind! / Mojo Movie Role Wanted / "Slay Queens" Are The Most Useless Individuals Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.