Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard (18229 Views)

Ghana Begins Fuel Exports To Nigeria / Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise / Obiano Lied About $5Million Vegetable Exports - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by HungerBAD: 3:37am On Jul 25, 2016
AWKA—

In a bid to underscore the importance of diversifying the economy and attracting more industries to Anambra state, Chief Willy Obiano has confirmed that the concise Economic Blueprint, made up of The Four Pillars of Development; including Agriculture, Industrialization, Trade and Commerce and Oil and Gas he developed on assumption of office has started yielding dividends.

The governor who spoke in Abuja in an interactive session he had with the People of Anambra living in the North central part of the country at the Transcorp Hilton stated that the state is now a socially stable, business-friendly environment attracting both indigenes and foreigners to seek wealth-creating opportunities.

To this end, he told the audience which included the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe, Dr Oby Ezekwesili both PDP and APC members of the National Assembly, former Governor Chinweoke Mbadinuju and several others that Anambra State Investment Agency, ANSIPPA, charged with the mandate of attracting and fast-tracking investments in the state has so far attracted over $4.2 billion deals to the state.

The latest investment he confirmed was sealed on Tuesday last week with Zolt Energy Limited to build a 40 megawatts Embedded Power Generating Plant in Ogbaru. When completed in the next 18 months as scheduled, all the power generated from it will be distributed mainly in Anambra State.

On the state of agriculture, Obiano who was giving a score card of his two and half years stay in office disclosed that “in January this year, Anambra made headlines when it became the first state in Nigeria to export vegetables (Ugu and Onugbu) valued at $5million to Europe.

At the same time, our locally produced brand of rice known as Anambra Rice recently emerged the Best Rice in Africa at an African Products Forum in Lagos. Anambra Rice was adjudged better and more wholesome than other competing brands from South Africa, Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Namibia and Cameroon.

Our agricultural sector has also attracted investments from 7 companies valued at $1.011bn while the large industrial farms have pushed our local rice production from 90,000 metric tons to 210,000 metric tons. At this rate, we shall soon surpass the 320,000 metric tons we consume in Anambra State per annum” Obiano told the capacity crowd at the Congress Hall that the Oil and Gas Advisory Committee headed by Dr.Emmanuel Egboga, the former Special Adviser to the President on Petroleum Matters has been charged with drafting a comprehensive Blueprint for the Oil & Gas sector and advising the State on the necessary steps that would ensure the recognition of Anambra as the 10th Oil Producing State in Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/anambra-records-5m-vegetable-exports-europe/

46 Likes

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by HungerBAD: 3:37am On Jul 25, 2016
I am Proud to be from Anambra.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by anonimi: 3:39am On Jul 25, 2016
Do you know if the exports went through the Enugu airport or had to go through Lagos or what other transport channel was used?
Thanks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by naijaking1: 3:43am On Jul 25, 2016
Very good. Soon, nobody will actually depend on the so-called federal allocations. IGR all the way.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by martha89: 3:49am On Jul 25, 2016
I thought this OP was from Edo the way he was talking and trying to cause division in the election..busy body....

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by eleojo23: 3:54am On Jul 25, 2016
HungerBAD:

You are now from Anambra?
That's a new one.

I thought you are from Katsina (Buhari's village to be specific) ?

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by DonMaxxy(m): 4:02am On Jul 25, 2016
Somewhere in the West somebody is sharing yams without oil and pepper to the indigenes of his state...

Somewhere in the East another is busy exporting and making more money cos the indigenes of his state are hardworking...

The rich keep getting richer and the poor poorer...

Take it or leave it all fingers are not equal.

God save Nigeria
God help Ekiti state
God bless the Light of the nation

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by BlackSeptember: 4:05am On Jul 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
You are Edo today, Yoruba tomorrow, Igbo next week.

You will never get a seat in buhari government because you are not HAUSA

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:51am On Jul 25, 2016
HungerBAD:

I thought you are from Niger Delta the other day) Okoroawusa will love you more, just leave our Anambra alone

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by TheNewIbadan: 4:57am On Jul 25, 2016
DonMaxxy:

You are the one that is bitter and angry with the truth..[s].Do you mean the five fingers on your palm are equal?

btw, you people have been trumpetting the developmental initiative going on in your region with nothing to show for them today....new policies and initiatives; same old problems..

It is your lack of vision that led you people to abandon the cocoa you are known for to scramble for oil blocs in the East..Today what is the result for such greed and laziness....oil don loose value; everybody is on the run....people begging for food in Ekiti and people selling their children to feed in Ondo.

One more thing, in all the so-called developmental strides you aforelisted, the expressions: 'to' , 'to become', 'set to become' are common. This shows that they are just mere propaganda to decieve, bemuse and confuse the gullible. Wake me up when they become realistic.

[/s]

Ibos, always envious of Yorubaland. No one in Yoruba economical threads even remembers Iboland. But before Ibos can celebrate, they must mention Yorubas as if they have complex issues.

The same sets of people begging in Ekiti are also begging in Abia for stomach infrastructure.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 25, 2016
That's a good one from Gov Obiano. I still wonder why the palm oil and palm fruit extract I use here are written made in Ghana when our people can process it better. Please, he should also think in that direction.

I'm glad Anambra is waking up but I still thank Peter Obi for laying a good foundation.

33 Likes

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by IstandWitBuhari: 5:24am On Jul 25, 2016
While the Afonjas are busy hailing Sai buhari in an empty stomach, the South easterners are making huge economic progress.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by modath(f): 5:44am On Jul 25, 2016
anonimi:
Do you know if the exports went through the Enugu airport or had to go through Lagos or what other transport channel was used?
Thanks.

Does it matter? Really? Why stoke embers of tribalism unnecessarily? Vegetable arrived in Europe or it didn't?

Can't you just laud the state & K.I.M?

DonMaxxy,

Will it diminish from your celebration of fortunes if you don't go gyrating in front of your neighbour's edifice?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by wristbangle: 6:09am On Jul 25, 2016
Excellent news from Anambra. Much respect to their indigenes and the governor.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by DaBullIT(m): 6:27am On Jul 25, 2016
If you want to quote , please quote with sense , Odinarily one page allows up to 35 comments , but when you quote an author / a OP with all the long messages , you reduce that number to 30 at times 29

Now my question is where did they plant the vegetable in anambra ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by HungerBAD: 6:31am On Jul 25, 2016
DaBullIT:
If you want to quote , please quote with sense , Odinarily one page allows up to 35 comments , but when you quote an author / a OP with all the long messages , you reduce that number to 30 at times 29

Now my question is where did they plant the vegetable in anambra ?

Hehehehehehehehehehe.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by Taeewo(m): 6:39am On Jul 25, 2016
Good
Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by onyepapa(m): 6:43am On Jul 25, 2016
HungerBAD:

you must be high on wet weed. mad people are not from Anambra

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by flyca: 6:45am On Jul 25, 2016
E be like say I go exit this yellow-man country, enter back to my Anambra state and align myself with all these progress and development. So many good news from Anambra wink

Oganiru ka anyi choro kiss

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by ZeroTolerance: 6:58am On Jul 25, 2016
HungerBAD:

You are nothing but a Yoruba Muslim

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by massive1019(m): 7:01am On Jul 25, 2016
nowww that's what we call diversification.....read english though grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by blackpanda: 7:02am On Jul 25, 2016
I love obiano so much! One of the best Governors in Nigeria. He doesnt make noise but rather his actions speak loudest. This is how to be opposition. The day obiano will open his mouth to criticize buhari everybody will listen and suppport.

Unlike that slowpoke in ekiti shouting like a market woman

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by ashjay001(m): 7:15am On Jul 25, 2016
Fantastica! Good governance at work! All these within his 1st 2yrs. Hopefully, all our leaders will start thinking of how to better our lots.

President of the Federal Republic inthe making.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by Jay542(m): 7:21am On Jul 25, 2016
ashjay001:
Fantastica! Good governance at work! All these within his 1st 2yrs. Hopefully, all our leaders will start thinking of how to better our lots.

President of the Federal Republic inthe making.
Very well. I think the government has been doing more than whats reported.
Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by EzeNri(m): 7:22am On Jul 25, 2016
I love IgboLand. I luv Biafra

16 Likes

Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by kherington: 7:32am On Jul 25, 2016
willie the clown is working happy working week fellow nairalanders i approve this post
Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by Justiyke4u: 7:32am On Jul 25, 2016
I was not disappointed to see some people engaging in tribalistic wars here. Is it not time that people grew up
Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by Mylove55(f): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2016
naijaking1:
Very good. Soon, nobody will actually depend on the so-called federal allocations. IGR all the way.
and u ipod wailers said apc govt is not good, thank God anambra is now a progressive state,is time for enugu,abia, and ebonyi to also become progressive by increasing their IGR. no state should depend on FG.
Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by Adeoba10(m): 7:46am On Jul 25, 2016
Good
Re: Anambra Records $5m Vegetable Exports To Europe- The Vanguard by Kenny223(f): 7:48am On Jul 25, 2016
Nice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her / Hassan Bako Dumps APC, Defects To PDP / Street Begging In Kwara State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.