Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs (15785 Views)

30-Year-Old Nigerian Arrested In India For Trafficking Cocaine, Hard Drugs. PICS / Nigerian Arrested In India With Drugs Worth N161 Million / Lagos Students Abduction: Traditional Ruler Held For Supplying Kidnappers Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by dridowu: 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nigerian arrested in Delhi for supplying drugs.
Two other Punjab residents also arrested.
Nigerian was staying on business visa which expired in May.

A team from Narcotics Control Bureau on Sunday arrested a Nigerian who had been supplying drugs to a youth from Punjab. The team also apprehended two Punjab residents who were taking over the consignment of 25 gms of heroin from the Nigerian near Mata Roop Rani Maggo Devi Hospital in Uttam Nagar, Delhi on July 24.

In the follow up search at the house of the Nigerian, named Ifeanyi Okafor, in Uttam Nagar, another 180 gms of heroin and 620 gms of amphetamine was recovered.

DRUGS SUPPLIER HELD

Ifeanyi Okafor revealed that he had been dealing in drugs for the last four years, ever since he had come to India. He was staying in a rented accommodation in Vipin Garden area of Uttam Nagar, Delhi. He further revealed that he was dealing in all kinds of drugs, including heroin, amphetamine and other synthetic drugs.

Zonal Director, NCB Delhi Zone, Rohit Sharma revealed that Okafor was one of the major suppliers of drugs to the Punjabi youth. The agency had received a specific tip off in this regard and was on the look out for Okafor for the past two months, revealed Sharma.

The Nigerian, had been staying in Delhi on a business visa which got expired in May 2016. The claims of Okafor that he had got his visa renewed are being verified by the NCB.

Rimpu, one of the Punjab youth arrested, is a resident of Muktsar, Punjab. He revealed that he was a drug addict and was not getting high quality drugs at affordable rates in Punjab while in Delhi they get cheaper and good quality drugs. He had been coming to Delhi to buy drugs from the Nigerians for the last five months.

Accused Balwinder Singh is a labourer and had been taking drugs for the last 15 years. He had recently sold off his vehicle for Rs 3 lakh and spent the entire amount to fund his problem of drug addiction.

NEW TREND OF INDIGENOUS HEROIN

NCB is now inquiring into the sources from where Okafor was procuring drugs in Delhi. Top officials in the NCB have revealed that a new trend of indigenous heroin is being manufactured in illicit labs in UP and opium is being sourced from West Bengal's Malda. This is in addition to the traditional South West Asian heroin of Afghanistan origin which has been finding its way to Delhi through Pakistan via the border states.

Sharma revealed that there have been recent reports that indigenous heroin manufactured in parts of UP was being smuggled into Delhi and from there it was reaching Punjab with the aid of some African natives.

http://m.indiatoday.in/story/drug-racket-nigerian-held-punjab-youth-busted-delhi/1/723329.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by soberdrunk(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
India? No need to check the name, we know the squad way dey handle that area......

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
At the mention of drugs...
The men from the East are always involved.
Why is it so?

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by dridowu: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by Proffdada: 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
In the follow up search at the house of the Nigerian, named Ifeanyi Okafor, in Uttam Nagar, another 180 gms of heroin and 620 gms of amphetamine was recovered.
Never disappointed

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by Isoni(m): 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2016
NCAN where is Okafor from?

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by crisycent: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
It's Don Jazzy again. Na them ooooo!!! Dem and drugs be like....

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by Destined2win: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hmmmmmm.. see as people dey troop in just to check names grin

27 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by BlackSeptember: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Since igbos are sellers and not users then nsogbu no dey

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by MzPecs(f): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
God bless the Igbo Boys Movement (IBM) cool cool

Haters can goan "rie nsi" grin grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by blaise00700(m): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2016
Get rich or die trying mentality.

My brothers and Drugs trafficing be like Siamese Twins, so inseparable. grin

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by sportark(m): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
Name checkers Ass,Ekiti Branch reporting

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
Lol its the lost junkies of Mexico grin

Dem don take drug swear for these ones .

I'm starting to think it's a competition cheesy. E be like say spare parts no dey sell again grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by AngelAhnie(f): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
Okafor why

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by IamQuins: 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
My Igbo bro at it again, Nna make una cal down na biko. Weneva I see such thread I get scared checking their fckin names.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by AngelAhnie(f): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
greatness22:
NCAN delta chapter, pls keep off.

This is not our news!

Signed;
Greatness22 (state chairman)
gringrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by nkemcd(m): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
y are u so tribalistic

after now una go say one Nigeria.

kenkenn:
Igbos I greet una o.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by naijaforlife: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
The culprits of this drug peddling crime are not only always Igbos going by their names they are also always christians by faith. Do they represent the Igbo cultural and ethical moral standing? I doubt. Do they represent the teachings of Jesus Christ? Definitely not! Blame the culprit and not their race, tribe nor religion.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by Saheed9: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
naijaforlife:
The culprits of this drug peddling crime are not only always Igbos going by their names they are also always christians by faith. Do they represent the Igbo cultural and ethical moral standing? I doubt. Do they represent the teachings of Jesus Christ? Definitely not! Blame the culprit and not their race, tribe nor religion.
you've said the truth tho but this is far from being coincidental

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by 0955eb027(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
make i follow do name checking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by AntiWailer: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
This is serious.
Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by Kakamorufu(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
okafor........ Name checked, stamped. Na dem dem

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by daclint(m): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
Finally our food don land

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
Thank God i am not a nigerian but naijarian grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hold on pls.....I wanna check something........

Ifeanyi Okafor

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Arrested In Delhi For Supplying Drugs by Bleepyou: 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
naijaforlife:

I concur!!!!!!!
But then the way igbos are getting caught with drugs ish makes me wonder if that's the main occupation of a successful igbo man

34 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

India Police Arrested Fourth Nigeria Drug Trafficker Within 10 Days / 535 Nigerians In China Prisons For Drug Trafficking / FCT Residents Live In Fear As Insecurity Worsens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.