Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,323 members, 7,780,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:39 PM

DND (do Not Disturb) Problem. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / DND (do Not Disturb) Problem. (3096 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Subscribe To DND (Do Not Disturb) / MTN Introduces "DND" Do Not Disturb / Do-not-disturb SMS From MTN (at Last) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DND (do Not Disturb) Problem. by JerryQ: 5:31am On Jul 26, 2016
i feel there is a glitch in MTN DND. i did not subscribe for DND in my line yet i can't receive Bulk sms from 3rd Parties. i have Sent ALLOW to 2442 and it says Yello, you have not subscribed to DND or has unsubscribed from it. it sounds like i am neither in DND nor OUT of it. They put me in a Special class which has no name. i have tried other options like subscribing in DND with STOP and then Unsubscribing with ALLOW, yet it still does not work. i have called customer care and they can't help. Please i need help if you can. NOTE: i receive normal SMS its just 3rd Party SMS i don't receive. Websites i have researched reveals many MTN users have this challenge. To know if you have this challenge, TEXT ALLOW to 2442. This is meant to unsubscribe you from DND. However if you get same message as mine, then we are in same boat.
Re: DND (do Not Disturb) Problem. by chineduace(m): 6:54am On Jul 26, 2016
https://donotdisturb.mtnonline.com:8081/vasportal
log onto this and solve your problem...
Re: DND (do Not Disturb) Problem. by JerryQ: 7:19am On Jul 26, 2016
SOLUTION FINALLY: If you don't receive BULK Sms. (1) Activate DND by sending STOP to 2442. (2) Then deactivate DND by sending ALLOW to 2442. (3) Restart your phone and test it by sending sms from a bulk sms site. (4) if it does not work call MTN customer care on 180 and ask them to refresh your line. (5) if it does not work, then visit an MTN office. Mine worked at number 4. Then when you start receiving BULK SMS but can't still receive SMS from foreign online sites like receiving SMS from gmail(google) when you try opening an account or the like. Then install the add on anonymoX in your Mozilla so your change your IP address. it should work now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DND (do Not Disturb) Problem. by JerryQ: 7:21am On Jul 26, 2016
chineduace:
https://donotdisturb.mtnonline.com:8081/vasportal

log onto this and solve your problem...

That site is not working at the moment. MTN still has much work to do on the DND thing.

1 Like

Re: DND (do Not Disturb) Problem. by chineduace(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
JerryQ:

That site is not working at the moment. MTN still has much work to do on the DND thing.
yeah, seems it had issues but I tried logging in just now and it went through.
Just keep on trying, I think it has something to do with security of the site...
Re: DND (do Not Disturb) Problem. by chineduace(m): 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2016
JerryQ:
SOLUTION FINALLY: If you don't receive BULK Sms. (1) Activate DND by sending STOP to 2442. (2) Then deactivate DND by sending ALLOW to 2442. (3) Restart your phone and test it by sending sms from a bulk sms site. (4) if it does not work call MTN customer care on 180 and ask them to refresh your line. (5) if it does not work, then visit an MTN office. Mine worked at number 4. Then when you start receiving BULK SMS but can't still receive SMS from foreign online sites like receiving SMS from gmail(google) when you try opening an account or the like. Then install the add on anonymoX in your Mozilla so your change your IP address. it should work now.

na wa ooo, all these protocol just to get your sms working.
bros if i de use nokia touch light phone nko...

I think the subscribe and unsubscribe method plus logging into your own Dnd portal should resolve it..
Re: DND (do Not Disturb) Problem. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2016
JerryQ:
i feel there is a glitch in MTN DND. i did not subscribe for DND in my line yet i can't receive Bulk sms from 3rd Parties. i have Sent ALLOW to 2442 and it says Yello, you have not subscribed to DND or has unsubscribed from it. it sounds like i am neither in DND nor OUT of it. They put me in a Special class which has no name. i have tried other options like subscribing in DND with STOP and then Unsubscribing with ALLOW, yet it still does not work. i have called customer care and they can't help. Please i need help if you can. NOTE: i receive normal SMS its just 3rd Party SMS i don't receive. Websites i have researched reveals many MTN users have this challenge. To know if you have this challenge, TEXT ALLOW to 2442. This is meant to unsubscribe you from DND. However if you get same message as mine, then we are in same boat.
We are in the same boat Bro.
A lot of people are complain of not receiving sms most of them dont even knew that DND has been activated on their phones, there is need for mtn to address this challenge.
Meanwhile bulksms business may be kill.
Pls kindly update us when u resolve the issue
Re: DND (do Not Disturb) Problem. by LilChamp: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2016
JerryQ:

Pls Bro have you been able to resolve this issue. I'm currently having the same problem right now. Alot of people have been complaining about sending me bulk sms.
Pls Bro a reply would be appreciated thanks

(1) (Reply)

Airtel 6gb For #1500? How True? / MTN 4G Network Is Bad. / Free Unlock Code E5372 , ( Use All Networks Worldwide ) Free Code Calculator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.