Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:25 AM

Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? (9840 Views)

Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture / Make Up Your Minds Christians, Is The Law Done Or Not? / Christians, Is It A Sin To Name My Bulldog Yahweh? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2016
Hi Christians

Since Christians claim morality comes from the Bible, what is the Bible's view on pedophilia and child marriage?

Do you endorse child marriage and Pedophilia? If no, why is it wrong? Where does the bible condemn it?

If I marry a 12 year old that has hit puberty and/or have sex with her, is it wrong? Where in the bible was it addressed as wrong?

7 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 8:30am On Jul 26, 2016
Please, I need answers from: Winner01 , Richirich713, naijadeyhia scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2, Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia , Jeromejnr, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, Tellemall, Ishilove, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, KingEbukaNaija

Monitoring how things will turn out are: Plaetton , Johnydon22 ilovetheline, JackBizzle, Kay17, AgentOfAllah, Ayomikun37 , hahn , sonOfLucifer , frank317 muskeeto , Decker , PastorAIO , ValentineMary , Pyrrho , braithwaite , dragonEmperor , theoneJabulani , lepasharon , cloudgoddess , ifenes , brigance , stephenmorris , thehomer , dalaman , Ranchhoddas , weah96 , CAPSLOCKED , lilbrown007 , Elohim1

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 8:39am On Jul 26, 2016
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by stephendamsoho: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2016
Interesting question

I never saw god or Jesus condemn any of these in the Bible

I'm here to learn anyway, there might be parts of the bible I missed

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 8:56am On Jul 26, 2016
stephendamsoho:
Interesting question

I never saw god or Jesus condemn any of these in the Bible

I'm here to learn anyway, there might be parts of the bible I missed

I never saw condemnation of it too
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Amberon11: 8:57am On Jul 26, 2016
oo
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by KingEbukaNaija: 8:58am On Jul 26, 2016
Pedophilia is sexual perversion and can also be seen under fornication or sexual immorality . It is unnatural to lust after a child . Eww !

1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Child marriage wrong because the child is immature . It is usually done out of lust and the child is forced against her will or inveigled to commit to a man . Being married to a child is ungodly and can be seen as another form of pedophilia .

Lust is wrong . Persuasion using deceit -inveigling - is wrong . And the fact she is being coerced to do so means it is wrong

Jude 1:7
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Being married to a child or having sex with a child can be seen as an unnatural desire and that is perversion - so its wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Child marriage wrong because the child is immature . It is usually done out of lust and the child is forced against her will or inveigled to commit to a man . Being married to a child is ungodly and can be seen as another form of pedophilia .

Lust is wrong . Persuasion using deceit -inveigling - is wrong . And the fact she is being coerced to do so means it is wrong
@ bolded, what of those "other" times its not done out of lust? What of those times the child isn't forced or coerced but decided on his/her own? Is it right? If yes, why? If no, why?

So, I ask you, what is the "age of consent" according to the bible?

If there's no "age of consent" (I'm sure there's none)in the bible, at what age is it right to get married to someone? If you say 18, it is not stated in the Bible and only societal laws determined that

If there is none, at what age is this "Child" old enough to decide? Whatever your answer is, kindly quote the bible to backup your claim

I need you to ignore societal laws here and use the bible alone

In short, what is "Marriageable age" in the bible

5 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

If there's no "age of consent" (I'm sure there's none)in the bible, at what age is it right to get married to someone? If you say 18, it is not stated in the Bible and only societal laws determined that

If there is none, at what age is this "Child" old enough to decide? Whatever your answer is, kindly quote the bible to backup your claim

Christians are permitted to follow societal laws when it is congruous with God's laws .So if you are a Christian and you are of marriageable age according to your societal law then you can marry .

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by youngestland: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Christians are permitted to follow societal laws when it is congruous with God's laws .So if you are a Christian and you are of marriageable age according to your societal law then you can marry .

simply put societal laws gives moral and not your holy books

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 9:23am On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Christians are permitted to follow societal laws when it is congruous with God's laws .So if you are a Christian and you are a nubile woman then you can marry .

So If the society you're in allows marriage of 14 year olds, would you "follow" such societal law?

Age of marriage is not set in certain Nigeria states, so if I live in such a society and marry a 10 year old, is it wrong? If yes, why?

Since by Nigeria law, our age of consent is 11 (eleven), read on that if you don't believe me, if I marry a twelve year old and have sex with her, is it wrong? If yes, why?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by KingEbukaNaija: 9:26am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

So If the society you're in allows marriage of 14 year olds, would you "follow" such societal law?

Age of marriage is not set in certain Nigeria states, so if I live in such a society and marry a 10 year old, is it wrong? If yes, why?

Since by Nigeria law, our age of consent is 11 (eleven), read on that if you don't believe me, if I marry a twelve year old and have sex with her, is it wrong? If yes, why?

I've already answered this question . Read my first and second post to you
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I've already answered this question . Read my first and second post to you
No, you've not

In short: since age of marriage and consent varies from society to society, which of those "numerous" societal laws is "congruous with God's laws"?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Let me break it down to you in a manner that even a 5yr old would understand.

The world is filled with any and everyones idea of what is wrong and what ir right. It would have been wrong for God to itemize all the dos and don'ts as it would still be laws.

Rather he opted to change the nature of man itself through His spirit. The spirit of God gives us an exegesis of His word in a manner that even when the same word isn't written in black and white we all as Christians have the same understanding that the Spirit of God is against it.

God does not need to itemize error but rather to fix the error filled man. When you are fixed from the inside then you can make right judgements and choices.

If even you as an individual know for yourself that at 12 or 15 you still do not understand much about life why then would you think your own child at such age would understand life? This is why you are an elder and should learn from your own life how to impact and raise your own kids.

I am refraining from using scripture most of the time when talking to you Atheists because it's foolishness unto you. So let your own life suffice.

If your opinion is that there is nothing wrong with child marriage then why seek the christians view when you have no plans of becoming a Christian or do you?

I should be the one asking you about your views on this since you all lack a single moral fibre in you. So pray tell..... what is your take on child marriage? Is it wrong or right to you as an INDIVIDUAL?

4 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by kilo4sure: 9:33am On Jul 26, 2016
youngestland:

The Bible in the book of Romans says even the gentiles who do not have the law instinctively obey it by their conscience, they are a law unto themselves, it also says the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, etc against these there is no law.
Come on, l thought you atheists were former Christians? how come you don't know these things? Or you hated Sunday school?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 9:36am On Jul 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

[s]

You are so dumb that I think I would be insulting the word by even calling you that.

The world is filled with any and everyones idea of what is wrong and what ir right. It would have bedn wrong for God to itemize all the does and donts as it would still be laws.

Rather he opted to change the nature of man itself through His spirit. The spirit of God gives us an exigesis of His word in a manner that even when the same word isnt written in black and white we all as Christians have the same understanding that the Spirit of God is against it.

God does not need to itemize error but rather to fix the error filled man. When you are fixed from the inside then you can make right judgements and choices.

If even you as an individual know for yourself that at 12 or 15 you still do not understand much about life why then would you think your own child at such age would understand life? This is why you are an elder and should learn from your own life how to impact and raise your own kids.

I am refraining from using scripture most of the time when talking to you Atheists because its foolishness unto you. So let your own life suffice.

If your opinion is that there is nothing wrong with child marriage then why seek the christians view when you have no plans of becoming a Christian or do you?

I should be the one asking you about your views on this since you all lack a single moral fibre in you. So pray tell..... what is your take on child marriage? Is it wrong or right to you as an INDIVIDUAL?[/s]

This guy ranted and ranted and ranted some more without saying anything pertaining to the topic

I asked you a question and you used a deceitful way to turn it around in your own eyes

So why do you ask us questions too? Since you don't plan on becoming atheist

No use insulting you, you're doing a very good job of that already

If you have nothing to say, its not by force, even KigEbukaNaija that called himself a troll is answering much more respectfully

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by stephendamsoho: 9:59am On Jul 26, 2016
kilo4sure:

The Bible in the book of Romans says even the gentiles who do not have the law instinctively obey it by their conscience, they are a law unto themselves

So if me and a 12 year old girl's "conscience" agree to marry each other, there's nothing wrong?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by kilo4sure: 10:00am On Jul 26, 2016
youngestland:

I think you miss the point here, Christianity does not say morals are gotten from the bible, afterall the laws were not always there at least before the time of Moses. The new testament speaks of Agape love, if we love the young woman via Agape love we would put ourselves in her shoes, we wouldn't hurt a girl at puberty, by marrying her off at that age, so by love and the golden rule, societies can set up moral laws which they would agree to.
The question we ask the atheists is why is this Agape love or Golden rule the objective yardstick for our ethics? The atheists could then appeal to evolution saying evolution has taught us that love is necessary for the survival of our species, some other atheists like Nietzsche would disagree and insist on Nihilism. Christians have in their scripture that God is Love, therefore Love is the ultimate. Christians(wrong or not) have something objective to appeal to in the making of our laws, the atheists would only have subjective arguments. For if we are guided by evolution then there is no reason why evolution should lead us to this path, and even if it does we are ultimately stardust, it doesn't matter anyway so why should Nietzsche agree with you?
Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by winner01(m): 10:02am On Jul 26, 2016
I know the motives of atheists on Nairaland and thats why I have stopped giving to them Biblical explanations. Its better to discuss atheism with them so that they can see how empty and vain it really is.

For the sake of readers, I try to explain in the simplest manner.

Jesus expressed great love, care and concern towards children. He also stressed the truth of His father's concern for children in the opening parts of Matthew chapter 18.

In the same chapter, Jesus seriously warns; “But whosoever shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me or cause them to sin, it would have been better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the deepest part of the sea” (Matthew 18:6).

Offending a child or causing a little child to sin may mean many things.
We have heard of several murder cases in child marriage, where the child bride murders the husband. It may be because the child was obviously offended.

The word paedophilia does not appear in the Bible and so are several other words such as: age of consent, encyclopaedia, HIV, Cancer, Ebola and other contemporary terms.
And so to expect the Bible written several hundreds of years ago to mention all the words or laws we use today is folly.

This and the responses above are the answers to the Op, but sadly they are more interested in mocking rather than trying to understand the Word of God.

It seems to me that nothing would serve as someone for evidence for someone who desperately wants to wish God away.
But if you wish God does not exist, why try to encourage other people to share your futile wishes?. undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by dalaman: 10:03am On Jul 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You are so dumb that I think I would be insulting the word by even calling you that.

The world is filled with any and everyones idea of what is wrong and what ir right. It would have bedn wrong for God to itemize all the does and donts as it would still be laws.

Rather he opted to change the nature of man itself through His spirit. The spirit of God gives us an exigesis of His word in a manner that even when the same word isnt written in black and white we all as Christians have the same understanding that the Spirit of God is against it.

I am refraining from using scripture most of the time when talking to you Atheists because its foolishness unto you. So let your own life suffice.

I should be the one asking you about your views on this since you all lack a single moral fibre in you. So pray tell..... what is your take on child marriage? Is it wrong or right to you as an INDIVIDUAL?

Bla bla bla. Even during the time of Jesus the average age of marriage for the Jews was 13 for boys and 12 for girls. According to the Catholic encyclopaedia Mary the mother of Jesus married Joseph at age 12.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by stephendamsoho: 10:04am On Jul 26, 2016
dalaman:

Bla bla bla. Even during the time of Jesus the average age of marriage for the Jews was 13 for boys and 12 for girls. According to the Catholic encyclopaedia Mary the mother of Jesus married Joseph at age 12.

I was about to say that too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by dalaman: 10:10am On Jul 26, 2016
winner01:
I know the motives of atheists on Nairaland and thats why I have stopped giving to them Biblical explanations. Its better to discuss atheism with them so that they can see how empty and vain it really is.

Jesus expressed great love, care and concern towards children. He also stressed the truth of His father's concern for children in the opening parts of Matthew chapter 18.

In the same chapter, Jesus seriously warns; “But whosoever shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me or cause them to sin, it would have been better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the deepest part of the sea” (Matthew 18:6).

We have heard of several murder cases in child marriage, where the child bride murders the husband. It may be because the child was obviously offended.

The word paedophilia does not appear in the Bible and so are several other words such as: age of consent, encyclopaedia, HIV, Cancer, Ebola and other contemporary terms.
And so to expect the Bible written several hundreds of years ago to mention all the words or laws we use today is folly.

This and the responses above are the answers to the Op, but sadly they are more interested in mocking rather than trying to understand the Word of God.

It seems to me that nothing would serve as someone for evidence for someone who desperately wants to wish God away.
But if you wish God does not exist, why try to encourage other people to share your futile wishes?. undecided

The Jews whose customs you follow as sacrosanct and who happen to be your God marry their children at age 12 for girls and 13 for boys. That is why sex with kids does not appear as a crime in the bible. When Moses was to take ladies as war booty. Those that had never slept with a man before were to be shared including kids. They do not know anything like pedophilia. They mostly married teenage kids.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 10:11am On Jul 26, 2016
winner01:

We hear several murder cases in "adult marriage" too

"It may be because the " adult " was obviously offended "

Oga, Cancer, HIV, Ebola were not yet discovered then

However sex and marriage have always been, so these examples are invalid
grin

No one has answered, your posts here actually shows your intellectual dishonesty

How cute

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 26, 2016
dalaman:

Dala dala see why i said I refrain from using scriptures when talking to you guys? Even you do not understand what Law was and now what Grace is. So Jesus was born before Mary got married? So tell me when did Jesus's ministry begin and when did he Fulfil the law? Pls share with me.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by winner01(m): 10:19am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

We hear several murder cases in "adult marriage" too

"It may be because the " adult " was obviously offended "

Oga, Cancer, HIV, Ebola were not yet discovered then

However sex and marriage have always been, so these examples are invalid
grin

No one has answered, your posts here actually shows your intellectual dishonesty

How cute
Naah.'"
Yo do not see answers because you do not seek answers.

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by ifenes(m): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Pedophilia is sexual perversion and can also be seen under fornication or sexual immorality . It is unnatural to lust after a child . Eww !

1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Jude 1:7
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Being married to a child or having sex with a child can be seen as an unnatural desire and that is perversion - so its wrong.

A true Christian will fulfil the laws just as Jesus said he did not come break the laws but to fulfil it. How old was Mary when Yahweh "knewed her" ?

Numbers 31: 17-18

17. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
18. But all the women children ,that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Mr Ebuka, you must do as your bible commanded if you want to be a true Christians. The Muslims are the true Christians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by winner01(m): 10:23am On Jul 26, 2016
dalaman:

The Jews whose customs you follow as sacrosanct and who happen to be your God marry their children at age 12 for girls and 13 for boys. That is why sex with kids does not appear as a crime in the bible. When Moses was to take ladies as war boots. Those that had never slept with a man before we're to be shared including kids. They do not know anything liken pedophilia. They mostly married teenage kids.

We do not follow the customs of the Jews, we follow the teachings of Jesus.
Ive posted His take on littoe children and so you can wave your hands all you want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 26, 2016
ifenes:

A true Christian will fulfil the laws just as Jesus said he did not come break the laws but to fulfil it. How old was Mary when Yahweh "knewed her" ?

Numbers 31: 17-18

17. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
18. But all the women children ,that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

Mr Ebuka, you must do as your bible commanded if you want to be a true Christians. The Muslims are the true Christians

A true Christian does not live by laws but by grace through faith. You keep repeating what has already been tackled. Does your brain need a jump start so it can bring up a whole new argument?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 26, 2016
dalaman:

The Jews whose customs you follow as sacrosanct and who happen to be your God marry their children at age 12 for girls and 13 for boys. That is why sex with kids does not appear as a crime in the bible. When Moses was to take ladies as war boots. Those that had never slept with a man before we're to be shared including kids. They do not know anything liken pedophilia. They mostly married teenage kids.

Dalaman do you see that even though winner01 and I are not in the same place yet we posted the same answer to the same questions asked by you and ifenes?

This explains what I said earlier.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2016
winner01:
We do not follow the customs of the Jews, we follow the teachings of Jesus.
Ive posted His take on littoe children and so you can wave your hands all you want.

So which "teaching" of the Jesus addresses child marriage?

If there's none, what makes it wrong?

If such decisions are determined by Society, why do you then find it wrong for me to marry and have sex with a 11 year old in certain states where its allowed?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

So which "teaching" of the Jews addresses child marriage?

If there's none, what makes it wrong? If you lived amongst the Jews at the time, would you find it wrong to marry 12-14 year olds? If their society determines it at that time

Stop playing dense! Winner01 already told you that we follow the teachings of Jesus and here you are still talking about the Jews. The jews do not define the Word of God...Jesus does! Is that too difficult to understand?

1 Like

Re: Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? by hopefulLandlord: 10:37am On Jul 26, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Stop playing dense! Winner01 already told you that we follow the teachings of Jesus and here you are still talking about the Jews. The jews do not define the Word of God...Jesus does! Is that too difficult to understand?
I didn't read that properly

My apologies

I've edited it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hello Heathens! / Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. / Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.