Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,576 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer (18486 Views)

5 Secret Ways To Make Money As A Beginner Freelance Writer / 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria / How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by segxes23(m): 11:56am On Jul 27, 2016
whizqueen:
Segxes23, New yooror, msnelly Oya over to you guys

Ladywriter is a source of inspiration. Thanks Bee

1 Like

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Caspian22(m): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hello Ladywriter, I would love to network with you. I have sent you a PM please reply, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by ladywriter(f): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
AbuuUthaymeen:

Pls can you take a peek at my profile on freelancer and suggest any necessary change or ways to improve it. I've been on this for months and I haven't got a single order. This is the link to my profile: https://www.freelancer.com/u/Datepalm.html

Change your profile pic and put a good picture of yourself there. Bid continuously on different projects per day (like 10 bids daily). Within a week, you will get a project to do. Also, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your wings to other platforms. You can try Fiverr too. Build a platform (a blog) where you can market your skills directly to clients.
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by funstufz: 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
Yes, I have registered... but I don't get what you meant by 'working account'

Thanking you

Dexema:

Have you registered? Like do you have a working account?
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by lanlaw(m): 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
daclemx:

Thats a big big lie.................. let me share my identity with you....... i have been earning as a freelance writer since 1960.......if you are in delta, pm me........I will teach you step by step......I am also registered as a Nigerian

https://share.payoneer.com/nav/kxOdf-f2RLfEHzOgqw9Q44ejtOj1OoxVAoVp3aO2Gryqd1VJfdIULUTKThb4pGqtsUWyJBeRAqTxUYrz7mDIyg2

first, register your payoneer card

Hi bro, I am new to blogging and I would love to work as a freelance writer.

How does payoneer card work?
What is its usefulness to frelancing?
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Dexema(m): 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
funstufz:
Yes, I have registered... but I don't get what you meant by 'working account'

Thanking you

Ok good, now you need to market yourself.
First check online and write a good eye catching bio for yourself, make sure to include your experience or and certification if any.
Secondly you need to take basic tests, like numeracy (very simple you can use calculator sef), English level 1/2, (American and British) and other tests in your area of specialty. These tests cost $5 each (na investment). Once you have done this your profile will look catchy enough and a potential client can trust you to a level as a serious freelancer.
Btw, there are points you accumulate by completing your registration, these points can be used to take the tests I talked about above.
Finally, it would do you some good if you can subscribe for the $10-20 a month platform (just for the First or and second month) this would increase your chances to land jobs and also the amount of bids you have.
Kindly look up my comment to ladywriter and try to employ that tactic. Patience is key but you might just be lucky. Kind regards, Dexema.
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by taiwoakinlabi(m): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
awesome

1 Like

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Appleyard(m): 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
daclemx:

Thats a big big lie.................. let me share my identity with you....... i have been earning as a freelance writer since 1960.......if you are in delta, pm me........I will teach you step by step......I am also registered as a Nigerian

https://share.payoneer.com/nav/kxOdf-f2RLfEHzOgqw9Q44ejtOj1OoxVAoVp3aO2Gryqd1VJfdIULUTKThb4pGqtsUWyJBeRAqTxUYrz7mDIyg2

I am in Delta, man. please, help me through. Am finding it hard to sell at Freelancer and fiverr. Thanks. steveemem@gmail.com
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
@Ladywriter:
Thanks madam for this exciting piece. I want to thank you for all you've been doing concerning the financial empowerment of youths. You are a role model, a star and God will continue to bless you richly. I am a living testimony of your good works and I believe there are thousands of other people who have benefited from you. Of course, I want to earn more as a writer and I will urgently practice the tricks you enumerated in your post.

@Everyone:
Whenever Ladywriter issues out guides to make a successful living in writing, I advise you all to follow her. She is an amazing mentor and a very successful writer. I started writing in November 2014 and it took me 8 - 10 months to get my breakthrough on freelancer.com. Ladywriter was supportive during that period. If you are having issues with freelancer.com, i will advise you to persevere and keep working hard. Rome was not built in a day!

1 Like

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by ladywriter(f): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
Chidinho10:
@Ladywriter:
Thanks madam for this exciting piece. I want to thank you for all you've been doing concerning the financial empowerment of youths. You are a role model, a star and God will continue to bless you richly. I am a living testimony of your good works and I believe there are thousands of other people who have benefited from you. Of course, I want to earn more as a writer and I will urgently practice the tricks you enumerated in your post.

@Everyone:
Whenever Ladywriter issues out guides to make a successful living in writing, I advise you all to follow her. She is an amazing mentor and a very successful writer. I started writing in November 2014 and it took me 8 - 10 months to get my breakthrough on freelancer.com. Ladywriter was supportive during that period. If you are having issues with freelancer.com, i will advise you to persevere and keep working hard. Rome was not built in a day!

Hmmm! Thank you dearie!. Testimonies like this inspires me to impact more lives. The rate of employment in this country saddens me. This is a business any one can do legally without cutting corners or scamming anyone. God helping me, I will keep writing and sharing freely from my experience.
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
ladywriter:

Change your profile pic and put a good picture of yourself there. Bid continuously on different projects per day (like 10 bids daily). Within a week, you will get a project to do. Also, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your wings to other platforms. You can try Fiverr too. Build a platform (a blog) where you can market your skills directly to clients.
Thanks a great deal ma'am. I do appreciate this that you've done. You're one of a kind.

1 Like

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
@ ladywriter: You wrote how you send an invoice to clients for payment, but how do you circumvent Paypal as that's what almost every one uses?
Do you require clients to sign up on Payoneer?
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Pulcherdee(f): 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
Woaw. This is amazing. I didn't know of all these freelance websites until recently. Information really is the bomb. I blog at ayandola.com if ladywriter and Dexema can help check it out and let me know what next I need to do. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by ladywriter(f): 11:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
JohnXcel:
@ ladywriter: You wrote how you send an invoice to clients for payment, but how do you circumvent Paypal as that's what almost every one uses?
Do you require clients to sign up on Payoneer?

Actually, you can use any mode of payment that suits you. I like Payoneer because of its good invoicing system. Clients are not required to sign up to make payment. They can pay directly through the payment link in the invoice.
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 28, 2016
ladywriter:

Hmmm! Thank you dearie!. Testimonies like this inspires me to impact more lives. The rate of employment in this country saddens me. This is a business any one can do legally without cutting corners or scamming anyone. God helping me, I will keep writing and sharing freely from my experience.

Thanks ma! I owe you a lot cos you transformed my life. I will always reference you in my success stories because God used you to open doors for me.
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by 1miccza: 7:30am On Jul 28, 2016
ladywriter:

Yes please, get in touch with me on my email - virtualassistprof@gmail.com

I have just done that can you kindly respond??
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Techliet(m): 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
Go to techliet.com if you wana know how to get payoneer mastercard in nigeria and earn $25, follow the steps there and activate your card once it arrives.
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Macfortune(m): 9:08am On Jul 29, 2016
Chidinho10:
@Ladywriter:

@Everyone:
I am also among those that benefited from her guides... The first day I read her thread on making $1000 from researching and writing, I found it a bit hard to believe, but was moved when I found out it was a lady that created the thread, I followed the thread and became regular here.
To cut it short, freelancer.com is paying me, at least I've been training myself in school with the little I make there. However, it has not been like a bed of roses for me on that platform, but all the same, God has used Ladywriter, Chidinho, and Tranxo to bless me. I hope to earn higher there in no distant time.

@Everyone.
Perseverance, hardwork, patience and putting God first is just the secret. You can start as an article writer, and also learn to craft other kinds of writing as time goes...
I wish everyone more butter to our breads...

3 Likes

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
Macfortune:

I am also among those that benefited from her guides... The first day I read her thread on making $1000 from researching and writing, I found it a bit hard to believe, but was moved when I found out it was a lady that created the thread, I followed the thread and became regular here.
To cut it short, freelancer.com is paying me, at least I've been training myself in school with the little I make there. However, it has not been like a bed of roses for me on that platform, but all the same, God has used Ladywriter, Chidinho, and Tranxo to bless me. I hope to earn higher there in no distant time.

@Everyone.
Perseverance, hardwork, patience and putting God first is just the secret. You can start as an article writer, and also learn to craft other kinds of writing as time goes...
Keep it up dear
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by ladywriter(f): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
Macfortune:

@Everyone.

Wow! Another great testimony! Hmmm! Glory be to the name of the Lord God. He will put wings beneath your arms and you will fly high above your equals. This shows that I am not wasting my time here. Lives are being transformed. All Glory to the king of kings and Lord of Lords!.

1 Like

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Macfortune(m): 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thanks Bro @Chidinho

I say a big Amen to your prayer, Thanks a lot Ma @Ladywriter
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Th3mmy: 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
Good afternoon ladywriter, please I would like to know more of this write-up and I have a dozen questions for you. Can you please hit me up with this email: ttopoladipupo500@gmail.com since your registered email on here is unavailable.
will be waiting
Thanks for your care.
Huge fan though!!!
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by ladywriter(f): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
Th3mmy:
Good afternoon ladywriter, please I would like to know more of this write-up and I have a dozen questions for you. Can you please hit me up with this email: ttopoladipupo500@gmail.com since your registered email on here is unavailable.
will be waiting
Thanks for your care.
Huge fan though!!!

My email is working. I just replied your request to send me a message. Check your email.
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Th3mmy: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2016
ladywriter:

My email is working. I just replied your request to send me a message. Check your email.
Sorry but which email because my yahoo mail is not active at the moment, and that was why I dropped my Gmail account
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
ladywriter:

I am also one of the numerous beneficiaries of your tips and advice on making a living by engaging in freelance writing. I opened an account on Freelancer when I studied the important lessons you taught us in the original thread on this platform. And I have been making some money writing for people.

However, I have been stuck on just one American client whom I regulary write for since February; he pays $8/500 words. I have been searching for long-term projects of this ilk for some time now but am still unsuccessful.

Please, kindly critique my profile on Freelancer and and the new account I just opened on Fiverr: https://www.freelancer.com/u/Deji88.html and https://www.fiverr.com/skilledwriter88
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a million!
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Tabbaz(m): 2:58am On Aug 10, 2016
lanlaw:

Hi bro, I am new to blogging and I would love to work as a freelance writer.

How does payoneer card work?
What is its usefulness to frelancing?
Hi, as a freelancer, you get paid electronically. In order to cash the money out of the platform, you need an electronic account like payoneer or paypal. Once the money is in the electronic account, you can forward to your local bank account if you live in a country where this is possible. However, if you live in Nigeria, you can not transfer to your local bank. Thus, you need the card to withdraw your raw cash.

Advice: Using card is expensive for you as a Nigerian and the exchange rate is not favourable. You also pay card maintenance fee. You can sell your cash from these electronic account to any trusted buyer and get naira equivalent. this is more profitable for you. hope this help
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by eMidas: 3:29am On Aug 10, 2016
daclemx:

Please, I don't seem to find my way through Freelancer.com
Can you teach me? I'd like to contact you off Nairaland.
the360storm@gmail.com
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Porthos: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
ladywriter:

Hello... please I just wrote some articles on msword from my head but I was asked to still check it for plagiarism. Please, how do I go about it now?... I'll be submitting the articles in the night... pls assist me

1 Like

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by ladywriter(f): 8:18am On Aug 17, 2016
Porthos:

Hello... please I just wrote some articles on msword from my head but I was asked to still check it for plagiarism. Please, how do I go about it now?... I'll be submitting the articles in the night... pls assist me

You can use smallseotools.com. They have a free plagiarism tool that you can use to check your article.
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Porthos: 8:26am On Aug 17, 2016
ladywriter:

You can use smallseotools.com. They have a free plagiarism tool that you can use to check your article.

thanks. Please, I'll mail u later. kindly assist me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Wonders Of Hell: A Short Story / Chimamanda Adichie Calls Melania Trump Racist / Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.