Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer (18504 Views)

5 Secret Ways To Make Money As A Beginner Freelance Writer / 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria / How To Get Lucrative Writing Jobs On Twitter — the Ultimate Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by ayindepremier: 12:06am On Sep 05, 2016
ladywriter:

Hmmm! Thank you dearie!. Testimonies like this inspires me to impact more lives. The rate of employment in this country saddens me. This is a business any one can do legally without cutting corners or scamming anyone. God helping me, I will keep writing and sharing freely from my experience.

Hi Ladywriter,

You've done a wonderful job and I'm very grateful for the opportunity learn from you.

I'm a also freelancer, but I quit writing some years back.

I love writing engaging contents for the web, but I find it hard to find the right clients.

And now, it's even more hard to find the bad ones. Quite funny.

However, I'm looking forward to working with you, I'm open for works. You can contact me if you need my service.

Thanks!
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by AmuEwu: 5:44am On Sep 05, 2016
ladywriter:

Change your profile pic and put a good picture of yourself there. Bid continuously on different projects per day (like 10 bids daily). Within a week, you will get a project to do. Also, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your wings to other platforms. You can try Fiverr too. Build a platform (a blog) where you can market your skills directly to clients.

Hello.
Please I want to know if it's necessary to upgrade my profile on freelancer.com and other freelance sites. I've registered for some time now and no success in landing any job. I'm thinking of the upgrade so I can get more bids. Please with your experience is this advisable. I'm into writing and data entry.

Please I'm waiting for a response
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by AmuEwu: 5:46am On Sep 05, 2016
Dexema:

Ok good, now you need to market yourself.
First check online and write a good eye catching bio for yourself, make sure to include your experience or and certification if any.
Secondly you need to take basic tests, like numeracy (very simple you can use calculator sef), English level 1/2, (American and British) and other tests in your area of specialty. These tests cost $5 each (na investment). Once you have done this your profile will look catchy enough and a potential client can trust you to a level as a serious freelancer.
Btw, there are points you accumulate by completing your registration, these points can be used to take the tests I talked about above.
Finally, it would do you some good if you can subscribe for the $10-20 a month platform (just for the First or and second month) this would increase your chances to land jobs and also the amount of bids you have.
Kindly look up my comment to ladywriter and try to employ that tactic. Patience is key but you might just be lucky. Kind regards, Dexema.

Hello.
Please I want to know if it's necessary to upgrade my profile on freelancer.com and other freelance sites. I've registered for some time now and no success in landing any job. I'm thinking of the upgrade so I can get more bids. Please with your experience is this advisable. I'm into writing and data entry.

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by AmuEwu: 5:49am On Sep 05, 2016
Macfortune:

I am also among those that benefited from her guides... The first day I read her thread on making $1000 from researching and writing, I found it a bit hard to believe, but was moved when I found out it was a lady that created the thread, I followed the thread and became regular here.
To cut it short, freelancer.com is paying me, at least I've been training myself in school with the little I make there. However, it has not been like a bed of roses for me on that platform, but all the same, God has used Ladywriter, Chidinho, and Tranxo to bless me. I hope to earn higher there in no distant time.

@Everyone.
Perseverance, hardwork, patience and putting God first is just the secret. You can start as an article writer, and also learn to craft other kinds of writing as time goes...
I wish everyone more butter to our breads...

Hello.

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Dexema(m): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2016
AmuEwu:

Hello.

Hi! It's advisable you invest by upgrading your account, but the idea is that you need to be active ,also try to upgrade your profile with a catchy bio and take the tests that are related to your field (this is very important).

All the best.
Dexema
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by RedCapChief(m): 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
ladywriter, I have a client on Freelancer who wants 2000 words per day for a month. The only problem is his insistence on paying monthly; he won't even accept weekly payments. I'm not sure whether to go ahead with him. My concern is that I would do all that work and not get paid.
What do you think?
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by completey(f): 3:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
RedCapChief:
ladywriter, I have a client on Freelancer who wants 2000 words per day for a month. The only problem is his insistence on paying monthly; he won't even accept weekly payments. I'm not sure whether to go ahead with him. My concern is that I would do all that work and not get paid.
What do you think?

is he setting a milestone? if not ' tuule' because you won't be paid.

1 Like

Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by siralexis(m): 10:04am On Dec 23, 2016
ladywriter:

You can register with your Nigerian IP on Fiverr and freelancer.com. I started while I was in Nigeria and I made good money. Send me your profile links on freelancer and Fiverr. I will help you out.

Can you still help me out??

Www.fiverr.com/thegracedwriter

Cc:lady writer
Cc:Everybody
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by johngroo(m): 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2017
According to what i have been reading about these freelance sites, anyone can write for cash.
You do not have to have a degree on what you're writing about before you can be successful.
You just have to be good at researching and providing original articles.

What is quite surprising is-
I know most people who are very good writers who they're not getting paid... it's more of a 'hobby'.
I also know of most people who are being slaves at some jobs that don't pay as much as these sites.

How come it's just a handful of us who know about this?
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by dinosmiles(m): 6:36pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ladywriter? Where r thou?
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by TechCapon(m): 6:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
ladywriter:

Add videos to your gigs. It is not difficult to make. You can use PowerPoint and Windows Movie Maker to do it.
I'll like to add you on whatsapp. Gimme ur number
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Esther5050(f): 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
Pls can I get your contact, email address.
Re: Ultimate Guide: How To Earn More As A Freelance Writer by Mariana20: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2020
wadetaw202:

You Dont know what you talking about. I used my Nigerian ID on freelancer,com and I got work there repeatedly.

Did you upgrade your account as they say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Wonders Of Hell: A Short Story / Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 / Chimamanda Adichie Calls Melania Trump Racist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.