Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area (48764 Views)

The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion / Checkout The Aerial View Of Lagos Island During The Day And Night (photos) / The Beauty Of Lekki Toll Gate Lagos During Day And Night (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Tundeobama(m): 7:43am On Jul 27, 2016
keep deceiving your self about Abuja to Lagos. Best hotels, residential house, malls longest bridges, music and film location are most 90 percent in Nigeria are in Lagos.Abuja is second and the reason Abuja will neva meet Lagos in development again is Eko Atlantic
Atlantic City, Lagos is a city within a city,still under construction.Standing on 10 million square metres of landreclaimed from the ocean and protected by an 8.5 kilometre long sea wall, the $6 billion Eko Atlantic City will, according to its website, be the size of Manhattan’s skyscraper district. Self-sufficient and sustainable, it includes state-of-the-art urban design, its own power, clean water, advanced telecommunications, spacious roads and 110,000 treesThe city adjoins Victoria Island district of Lagos city and the Phase 1 area of Lekki, to the north, while the entire Western, eastern and southern borders is a coastline. Eko Atlantic is expected to rise as the next generation of property on the African continent; having a total of 10 districts, spread across a land area of approximately 10 square kilometres, the city will satisfy needs for financial, commercial, residential and tourist accommodations, with a state of the art high tech infrastructure in line with modern and environmental standards.The project is privately funded by South Energyx Nigeria Limited – the developers and city planners, a subsidiary of the Nigeria-based Chagoury Group of companies – working in strategic partnership with the Lagos State Government and supported by the Nigerian federal government. In other words, it is a public private partnership arrangement.Notable national and international banks have been quick to capitalise on the opportunities with three of Nigeria’s biggest – FCMB, First Bank and Guaranty Trust Bank– partnering with Eko Atlantic, with support from BNP Paribas Fortis and KBC.For savvy investors, Eko Atlantic City, according to its website “represents far more than just surging Lagos land value. As Nigeria continues its unstoppable trajectory to become the financial capital of Africa, investing in Eko Atlantic opens unprecedented opportunities for tapping intothe wider potential of the continent as a whole – widely recognised as the world’s most promising growth horizon.To get land, $1,500 per square meter(
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by WASMOG(m): 7:43am On Jul 27, 2016
englishmart:
these your pictures were taken long time ago
yer 2015
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by afrokid(m): 7:54am On Jul 27, 2016
englishmart:
shey the place I snap na Gombe?

No, na Jigawa
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 27, 2016
lagos is the best
Brymo:
I don't want to swear, but i don't understand, ko yé mi.
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by tete7000(m): 8:06am On Jul 27, 2016
englishmart:
if you speak English, finish am with English. Wetin be ko ye mi?

His mother's tongue meaning - I don't understand
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by vanvick247(m): 8:28am On Jul 27, 2016
Let there be light..... And there was DARKNESS tinz
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by suyamasta(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2016
englishmart:
exactly. Do you work there?
Nop i used to do things around there, what about you you work there?
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Preye1599(m): 8:54am On Jul 27, 2016
manny4life:

Really discouraging, Abuja of all places? Nigeria can't compete at all, we have a long way to go. embarassed
but this one is even 50times better than bayelsa
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Emmatdayo(m): 9:16am On Jul 27, 2016
mikron:
have u been to abj before?
wat is this 1 saying, am sure u hav never been to abj
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Emirate001(m): 9:45am On Jul 27, 2016
IF YOU WANT TO POST PICTURES SEARCH FOR GOOD AREAS IN ABUJA RATHER THAN BRINGING PICTURES FROM UNDERDEVELOPED CONSTRUCTION AREAS.......... ABUJA IS INDEED A VERY BEAUTIFUL CITY.

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by deloon(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2016
NaLaugh:

False.

Certainly, Nigeria's power problems aren't arguable. I lived in Nigeria a long time ago, so I know.
However, the power issue has very little to do with this particular case. It has everything to do with proper night time photography technique.

I'll give you a personal example. About 7 or 8 years ago, I took the dark, blurry image below with a DSLR camera at night, for a college photography class.
I parked on the overpass, put my hazard lights on, and attempted a quick shot of the Boston skyline.

Safe to say that attempt failed woefully. Why? Because I knew little about proper image capture at the time, and my settings were bad. It doesn't mean Boston has a power problem.

The bad pic is my failed attempt, and the second is someone else' image of the same place, from the same place, at night. I hope my statement makes more sense now.

Yeah. It makes more sense.
But the pic you took is terrible. I wonder why you would keep it for such a long time. Although it serves as a perfect example to your point.
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by francade(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2016
The pictures shown are the area under development. If you have been to Abuja you will certainly know that the road is far better than Lagos road and street light everywhere. The pictures are only comparable to akute, ibafo, Iyana Ipaja down to ìjàyè. Paste the right pictures for nairalanders to c.
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by dadaijboy: 11:41am On Jul 27, 2016
Lagos fine pass am
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by englishmart(m): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
suyamasta:
Nop i used to do things around there, what about you you work there?
yeah! I do

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by englishmart(m): 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
jaykaylegend:
I've been wishing to get myself on that WTC building every time I pass through there,, are you working there??
yes I do.

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by mikron(m): 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Emmatdayo:
wat is this 1 saying, am sure u hav never been to abj
im not THIS ONE, and for ur info i live in the heart of Abuja. GARKI
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Emmatdayo(m): 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
mikron:
im not THIS ONE, and for ur info i live in the heart of Abuja. GARKI
that should be around 90's abi?
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by suyamasta(m): 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
englishmart:
yeah! I do
ok thats cool but any vacancy for a job seeker?
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Viktor1983(m): 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
MDsambo:

Every sh*t oil money

wats wrong wit yhu guys?

Why are you annoyed? Did I say anything different from the truth?
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Viktor1983(m): 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
Emu4life:
u wan kill urself??

I simply stated the obvious, na you wan begin drink panadol for another man headache....
Take it easy so that you don't "over dose".
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by NaLaugh: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
deloon:

Yeah. It makes more sense.
But the pic you took is terrible. I wonder why you would keep it for such a long time. Although it serves as a perfect example to your point.

Haha. Terrible would be putting it mildly. It was all manual settings, which I didn't really have time to set on the overpass. Auto-settings would have produced better results with less effort, but that's for amateurs.

When I saw the first result, I abandoned the shoot before a cop would appear. My photography skills weren't nearly as bad as the pic suggests, but it makes its point.

I still have it because most image files from my college day camera are still in a folder on my desktop.

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by NaLaugh: 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
englishmart:
No need for any setting-up. If I didn't need that in the day pictures, then I shouldn't need it for the night pictures either. Besides, I was standing at a very high level.

Since the human eye and a camera lens work exactly the same way, by your above logic, I'll assume you drive your car at night without a need for headlights. cheesy

You don't need headlights during the day, so why should you need them at night?

Your ISO and shutter speed controls are how you get additional light into your shot. Assuming you're using a camera with manual controls, that is.

If not, then you're limited to the auto-settings of your camera phone or other point and shoot cameras. Most of which aren't really capable of such night shots. Which I assume is the problem you're facing.

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by manny4life(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
Preye1599:
but this one is even 50times better than bayelsa

What's my business with Bayelsa?

Abuja is our capital not Bayelsa, if after all the billions that's being spent and continually being budgeted annually for our famous Abuja and the city still looks like this, then there's trouble.
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by manny4life(m): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
kenonze:

Haba.
This is a satellite town of Abuja just like the OP stated.
This is not the main Abuja City.

Marry ur dictionary

I'm restraining myself from reacting at you, then again, what do you know? Abuja is Abuja whether it's the main city or satellite city, who cares? undecided undecided undecided

If Abuja has it's own minister (the only state with it's own federal minister and a HUGE budget with congressional or rather, national powers) and it's "satellite" town looks like this, please tell me another story.
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by englishmart(m): 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
NaLaugh:

Since the human eye and a camera lens work exactly the same way, by your above logic, I'll assume you drive your car at night without a need for headlights. cheesy

You don't need headlights during the day, so why should you need them at night?

Your ISO and shutter speed controls are how you get additional light into your shot. Assuming you're using a camera with manual controls, that is.

If not, then you're limited to the auto-settings of your camera phone or other point and shoot cameras. Most of which aren't really capable of such night shots. Which I assume is the problem you're facing.
well I don't know if my Q10 device supports that

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by englishmart(m): 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
suyamasta:
ok thats cool but any vacancy for a job seeker?
I don't think so

1 Like

Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by pincold25(m): 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
Na only bushes i dey see oo... Na diz be d Abj?
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by suyamasta(m): 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
englishmart:
I don't think so
Ok
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by 3RNEST(m): 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
englishmart:
this one don carry Gwagwa idu karmo come here. I don dey abuja before you o.
Lolz see your mouth.. U know when I enter Abuja?
Re: Day And Night Pictures Of Abuja Satellite area by Preye1599(m): 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
manny4life:

What's my business with Bayelsa?

Abuja is our capital not Bayelsa, if after all the billions that's being spent and continually being budgeted annually for our famous Abuja and the city still looks like this, then there's trouble.
abeg na Abuja get oilplace that has oil is still a village

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Loko Oweto Bridge, Benue River At Night. Very Beautiful... (Pictured) / Missing Russian Couple Found Dead After 12 Years In Their Car At Bottom Of River / Eko Boulevard Completed By Eko Atlantic City, Nigeria's 1st Eight Lane City Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.