Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,906 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released (25739 Views)

Tunde Adeniran Rejects Outcome Of PDP Convention, Calls BOT To Take Over Party / ​2019: South-East PDP Supports Zoning Of President To The North / The South East And The Insultive PDP Zoning Formula In 2019. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by engineerboat(m): 10:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Zoning Committee, on Tuesday in Abuja, released the zoning arrangements of the 21 available positions between the North and the South.

The report was presented by Gov. Dave Umahi, who headed the Zoning Committee, to the party National Caretaker Committee, led by Ahmed Makarfi.

The positions zoned to the North are:
Deputy National Chairman 2,
National Secretary,
National Financial Secretary,
National Publicity Secretary,
National Auditor
National Woman Leader.
Deputy National Treasurer,
Deputy National Organising Secretary,
Deputy National Youth Leader,
Deputy National Legal Adviser and
Deputy National Secretary.

The South got the positions of
National Chairman,
Deputy National Chairman 1,
National Treasurer,
National Legal Adviser,
National Youth Leader and
National Organising Secretary.
Deputy National Publicity Secretary,
Deputy National Woman Leader,
Deputy National Auditor and
Deputy National Financial Secretary,

Mr. Umahi, while presenting his report, said: “After robust deliberations on proposals presented by members, the committee proposed that all positions should be keenly contested for among the major zones they are zoned to.

“This will open the space and allow for full participation of members.

“That the chairmanship of the party be zoned to the Southern zone bearing in mind that the presidential ticket of the party for 2019 was zoned to the Northern zone.

“This is as was approved by the National Convention in Port Harcourt, Rivers on Saturday, May 21, 2016.”
In his remarks, Secretary of the Caretaker Committee, Ben Obi, who received the report on behalf of the chairman, commended the committee for timely completion of their assignment.

He noted that even though the zoning committee was given seven days to submit its report, the report was submitted before the expiration of the one week given.
“This is the new spirit in PDP. When you want to re-brand, your action must speak louder than your voice.
“We assure that justice will be done to the submission, and at the end of the day, you will be happy that you’ve done for the party and for your country a good job.’’

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/207573-pdp-zones-national-chairmanship-south.html

1 Like

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by otukpo(f): 10:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
PDP, i hope you people are serious this time.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Qmerit(m): 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good, I just think no issues would come up.
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by limeta(f): 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2016
North and south ke
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by engineerboat(m): 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
And the Politicking begins

Cc: lalasticlala, Myd44
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
APC should plant moles amongst them to disrupt their evil plans. Useless people

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by EazyMoh(m): 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ali Modu Sherif seems to be the next Ipods presidential candidate. Good luck to them.

13 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by mrvitalis(m): 4:46am On Jul 27, 2016
Voting PDP in 2019 means giving North a straight 12 years rule... While voting APC means giving them 8, so who will the igbos vote for....
We made a mistake giving our chances to the ijaws, so we would have to play very smart to win the presidency in 2019
In politics u calculate ans our calculations have been very wrong... APC remain the fastest means to igbo presidency (not as if that's important tho)

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Pavarottii(m): 5:09am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:
Voting PDP in 2019 means giving North a straight 12 years rule... While voting APC means giving them 8, so who will the igbos vote for....
We made a mistake giving our chances to the ijaws, so we would have to play very smart to win the presidency in 2019
In politics u calculate ans our calculations have been very wrong... APC remain the fastest means to igbo presidency (not as if that's important tho)
Why didn't u allow the igbo rule first in 2015?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by DamiBukola: 5:24am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:
Let me clear a point some of you misunderstood, Igbos never hated Northern candidate as president. If I may ask, who won old Eastern bloc in 1979 presidential election? Who won there in 1983 ? Who won there in 2007 ? The problem is Buhari, Buhari is their problem because me personally I haven't seen a northerner who hates the East like Buhari (via his speech and demeanor)

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by amuokuko: 5:33am On Jul 27, 2016
11 post to the North.
10 post to the south.

With the above, PDP will still inherit the Northocracy system of government of the present administration.

It's high time every Tribe or state manages it's own affair.

Nigeria!!! Obodo Nwa Mmebi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by adioolayi(m): 5:42am On Jul 27, 2016
I think they can have a fair share of governorship positions in 2019.....But, for the Presidency....It will be a very hard nut to crack....except PMB is not contesting again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by DamiBukola: 5:43am On Jul 27, 2016
amuokuko:
11 post to the North.
10 post to the south.

With the above, PDP will still inherit the Northocracy system of government of the present administration.

It's high time every Tribe or state manages it's own affair.

Nigeria!!! Obodo Nwa Mmebi.
The chairman dictates the pace so who get the chairman is what matters. Some of the offices there are just formalities, the chairman and the organising secretary as well as the NPS are what matters

4 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by jazinogold(m): 5:48am On Jul 27, 2016
make dem zone one to me now...even if na Youth leader grin

1 Like

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by mrvitalis(m): 5:48am On Jul 27, 2016
DamiBukola:

Let me clear a point some of you misunderstood, Igbos never hated Northern candidate as president. If I may ask, who won old Eastern bloc in 1979 presidential election? Who won there in 1983 ? Who won there in 2007 ? The problem is Buhari, Buhari is their problem because me personally I haven't seen a northerner who hates the East like Buhari (via his speech and demeanor)
Lying to oneself is a bad thing
In 2011 didn't Buhari meet igbos to support him that he would rule one term n hand over to igbos??
In 2003 am sure Buhari won alot of states in the south East but was rigged out
In 2015 we were told that APC is a northern Islamic party while PDP is a southern party... And u can't deny
this

Stop lying bro

39 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by omenka(m): 5:52am On Jul 27, 2016
Only came to read the comment of Bolustic. grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by amuokuko: 5:53am On Jul 27, 2016
DamiBukola:

The chairman dictates the pace so who get the chairman is what matters. Some of the offices there are just formalities, the chairman and the organising secretary as well as the NPS are what matters

The chairman dictates what
Pls can u tell me what Oyegun dictates in APC
The chairman dictates to even the President that was as well awarded to d North

We both know a chairman from the south is a ceremonial chairman ask Nwodo...

5 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by DamiBukola: 6:01am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lying to oneself is a bad thing
In 2011 didn't Buhari meet igbos to support him that he would rule one term n hand over to igbos??
In 2003 am sure Buhari won alot of states in the south East but was rigged out
In 2015 we were told that APC is a northern Islamic party while PDP is a southern party... And u can't deny
this

Stop lying bro
Tell me where he campaigned in the east in 2011. Stop deceiving yourself, Buhari has never campaigned in Abia State for instance except 2015.
Buhari has never won any Igbo town, even the votes he had in Imo State was via Rocha rigging

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by DamiBukola: 6:04am On Jul 27, 2016
amuokuko:

The chairman dictates what
Pls can u tell me what Oyegun dictates in APC
The chairman dictates to even the President that was as well awarded to d North

We both know a chairman from the south is a ceremonial chairman ask Nwodo...

I am talking about prior to general election (Primary). APC is a party full of god fathers so I don't expect d chairman prior to election without a sitting president dictates the pace.
PDP as opposition doesn't have a single leader who dictates the pace so it will be a different ball game

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by nwakibe: 6:26am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:
Wetin this one dey talk?

2 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by iokpebholo: 6:32am On Jul 27, 2016
joborskill:
APC should plant moles amongst them to disrupt their evil plans. Useless people
u just spoke as if u are one of monitoring spirit my pastor always talk about. Or are u a familiar spirit? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by blaqoracle: 7:22am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:
igbos are no longer relevant in the scheme of things in nigeria

8 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by cckris: 7:50am On Jul 27, 2016
DamiBukola:

I am talking about prior to general election (Primary). APC is a party full of god fathers so I don't expect d chairman prior to election without a sitting president dictates the pace.
PDP as opposition doesn't have a single leader who dictates the pace so it will be a different ball game
APC belong to 2 persons only.

Buhari OWNS the CPC

Tinubu OWNS the ACN

6 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by mrvitalis(m): 8:08am On Jul 27, 2016
blaqoracle:
The truth is this U can never rule out the strength of we igbos
I don't blame my brothers for the way they reason.. Among all the 3 major tribes we are the least used to politics... It's a new thing to us
Yorubas, fulanis, hausas and the others have been playing politics for hundreds of years before now.. For us igbos it's just a new thing we are trying to learn and we are not doing bad for learners don't u think??

10 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by MadCow1: 8:13am On Jul 27, 2016
East and West Nko? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by bright007(f): 8:13am On Jul 27, 2016
k
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by ATTAHDYE(m): 8:14am On Jul 27, 2016
Zoning simply means we are not ready to put the best man/woman forward.

1 Like

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 27, 2016
Pavarottii:

Why didn't u allow the igbo rule first in 2015?

GEJ was not Igbo....and if he had won in 2015...that means a Northern president in 2019...with 2027 being the earliest an Igbo could hope for top job.

If PDP wins in 2019....the same applies.

Ironically, the best hope for an early Igbo presidency is APC wining in 2019...which leaves 2023...open to Igbo land.

But then again, things change. In 2007....I thought that an Igbo man would be president in 2015. Of course.....things are not always in a straight line....

4 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by cyberdurable(m): 8:15am On Jul 27, 2016
My shocked
Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by kuntash: 8:16am On Jul 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

The truth is this U can never rule out the strength of we igbos
I don't blame my brothers for the way they reason.. Among all the 3 major tribes we are the least used to politics... It's a new thing to us
Yorubas, fulanis, hausas and the others have been playing politics for hundreds of years before now.. For us igbos it's just a new thing we are trying to learn and we are not doing bad for learners don't u think??

mrvitalis:

An epic response in my view !

3 Likes

Re: PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released by bigtalla(m): 8:16am On Jul 27, 2016
I hope the Middle Belt is part of NORTH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai: We Will Unmask Aso Villa Cabal Working Against Tinubu (Video) / Gumi On Afaka Students, RCCG Members Abduction: I’m Not A Negotiator For Bandits / Pictures Of President Muhammadu Buhari's Two-Day Working Visit To Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.