Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard (19744 Views)

Buhari: We Will Fund Budget With N512bn Recovered Loot.. / Revealed: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn / FG To Fund 2017 Budget With Recovered Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by GoodofNaija: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2016
anonimi:

Please note that all APC members in the Assembly are duly protected and pronounced saints by our grandmaster mafioso in Aso Rock.
Abi which party presented late Audu as candidate for Kogi state?
Which party presented Akpabio as candidate for Bayelsa state?

Why didn't your PDP fg probe and deal with corrupt politicians Oh sorry I forgot stealing is not corruption!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3900895_tmpfbimg14671496201601359061659_jpeg16b35e0420df707155480a7e11564764

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3055762_img2015110125972_jpeg66c3005a24a1d7fdf4b0957ab226a189
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by Firefire(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2016
jaybee3:

I believe the non-negotiable requirement that states requiring bailout was expected to endorse and implement already address some of these issues on transparency.

Trust me, the government has innovative ideas and true intention which if and when fully implemented will give us the expected dividends of democracy and good governance that we yearn for.

Of course they need to do more whilst resisting attempts to rest on their laurels

Time and tide wait for no man. Delay is more than dangerous now.
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by GoodofNaija: 10:54am On Jul 27, 2016
anonimi:

Please note that all APC members in the Assembly are duly protected and pronounced saints by our grandmaster mafioso in Aso Rock.
Abi which party presented late Audu as candidate for Kogi state?
Which party presented Akpabio as candidate for Bayelsa state?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3900895_tmpfbimg14671496201601359061659_jpeg16b35e0420df707155480a7e11564764

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3055762_img2015110125972_jpeg66c3005a24a1d7fdf4b0957ab226a189

Why didn't your PDP fg probe and deal with corrupt politicians. Oh sorry, I forgot stealing is not corruption! Yeye people
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by Thukzee01(m): 10:56am On Jul 27, 2016
Dnt leave them oo
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by anonimi: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2016
Paperwhite:
Welcome bro.

Thanks, bro.
They can try but they cannot kill the Beetle. wink

1 Like

Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by Iamdipson(m): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2016
ThisYourTatafo:

Not too expensive Bros... Send me your email I'll reply you everything you need to know
oladipupoolukoya@yahoo.com
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by Paperwhite(m): 11:41am On Jul 27, 2016
ceaser:

Hey Paperweight, you actually got some likes from fellow Paperweight readers. Have you wondered what would happen if it were to be the past regime? Of course the padded budget woulda being signed with much fanfare, implemented and funds disbursed with same. That still transpires to free money for lazy butts that was the mainstay for six years of the previous government. The PDPians would definitely protect their own interests to the detriment of the tax payers, but this time around you have some apparently sane individuals who cried out (even if forced to do so due to a fallout of agreements) and you are here outlining your warped and sick ideology of some party causing the mess?

Does corruption have a religion, belong to any race, political party or any ethnic group for that matter? That "C" word unites the various dumb personality diversities that make up governance in Nigeria, but you will rather pick up the fight against your fellow tax payers in their defence.
You should be concerned about the veracity or otherwise of the message passed & not dwelling on frivolities by writing such an endless & senseless epistle.Did Buhari signed & presented the 1st "grossly padded budget or not? Was the budget not hailed by all APC's zombies(esp.Femi Gbajamila) as a "budget of Change" or not? Was there not a nationwide outcry about this scandalous budget ever passed in the history of Nigeria or not? Was the so-called budget not later stolen when PMB & APC later discovered their foolishness in order to do damage control? Are all the principal characters associated with the "budget padding"esp.the current episode in the HOR,APC's members or not? So you see how helpless defending APC can be? Hence defend reasonably bro.
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by antispexish(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
Firefire:
What do you think should be the punishment for this high level fraud ?

1. Death by Hanging?

2. Death by firing squad?

3. Life Imprisonment?

4. Plea bargain ?

I support either 1 or 2.

The
Enough of stories, we need result. Let death by hanging be the wages for any corrupt Nigerians.
hang them
fire them while still being hanged
put their dead bodies In prison and don't allow their family Bury them
pass the stolen money to the family as debt then give them plea bargain if they agree to return the money

1 Like

Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by aisammy4: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
modath:
This vanguard sef, person almost fear sef!! Just 481bn out of 6.6T, beht dat iz not too mush nah. cheesy

It's just about 7.5-8%, which is an "improvement" tongue from the 25% of the country's budget overheads that they used to ear mark for themselves... They've seen the precarious economic situation of the country and they've decided to be "considerate". we should just appreciate, make gold bust of their images, place them on pedestals in our different religious centers and worship them for such magnanimity. tongue

Dis vangurd sef, ordinary 481bn!!

*For una reading pleasure*

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186883-how-david-mark-doubled-national-assemblys-budget-and-enthroned-secrecy.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/national-assembly-overhead-when-figures-don’t-lie/

http://saharareporters.com/2010/12/05/between-lamido-sanusi-and-nigerian-senate

U DE CALL N481,000,000,0000 (+Jara on top) "ordinary". My oga, u funny oh! uNTIL HIm take all the budget before u understand say no be joke. Abeg, Nigeria don pass the era wey some few people go maneuver our budget to suit their selfish interest. Bros., u know how many school fees this N481 Billion fit settle or hospital bills such an amount of money fit solve?
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by Firefire(m): 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
antispexish:

hang them
fire them while still being hanged
put their dead bodies In prison and don't allow their family Bury them
pass the stolen money to the family as debt then give them plea bargain if they agree to return the money

Your suggestion is complicated.
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by dadaijboy: 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nigeria is finished shocked
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by Charly68: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dogara &co should be jailed for life for budget padding ..Bunch of criminals calling themselves honorable men
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by mikron(m): 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
modath:
This vanguard sef, person almost fear sef!! Just 481bn out of 6.6T, beht dat iz not too mush nah. cheesy

It's just about 7.5-8%, which is an "improvement" tongue from the 25% of the country's budget overheads that they used to ear mark for themselves... They've seen the precarious economic situation of the country and they've decided to be "considerate". we should just appreciate, make gold bust of their images, place them on pedestals in our different religious centers and worship them for such magnanimity. tongue

Dis vangurd sef, ordinary 481bn!!

*For una reading pleasure*

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186883-how-david-mark-doubled-national-assemblys-budget-and-enthroned-secrecy.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/national-assembly-overhead-when-figures-don’t-lie/

http://saharareporters.com/2010/12/05/between-lamido-sanusi-and-nigerian-senate
these are not overhead costs allocated to the national assembly that is been discussed here but the dubius backdoor additional money they added to the aunthentic allocation they hope to get. example im suppose to give my driver N12,000 to get a tire for my car but he went and added N5,000 to the bill making N17,000 in other to fleece me of 5k. that is what the committee chairmen of the national assembly did to the Budget. they want more money in form of constituency funds which they hope to share among themselves. it has been happening in time past during the PDP era but things are getting tougher for them now, the present anti corruption war is really gaining ground. corruption has really eaten deep into the fabrics of my great nation. God help us
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by Yakasaii: 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
let the National Assembly be dissolve if they can't do anything
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by Yakasaii: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Paperwhite:
Amen son & much more so.
If it comes to looting they don't belong to any political party.... They are all thieves
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by steve6: 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
At least, now the whole world knows who actually padded d budget from d get go !
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by modath(f): 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Mikron , aisammy4 , 400billionman

Sarcasm smiley

Ceaser , chilltooo
wink
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by mikron(m): 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
modath:

Sarcasm smiley

Ceaser , chilltooo
wink
wetin i do nah?
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by antispexish(m): 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
Firefire:

Your suggestion is complicated.
yes! deal with them complicatedly!
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by erimmy(m): 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
God pls help us .We need your help in this country
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by nuelyoyo(m): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2016
omenka:
That was the kind of democratic culture our brethren from the Land of Rising El Chapos became so addicted to that they cursed and thrashed furiously when Baba refused to sign that damn treasonable document the same way the Ineffectual Buffoon kept signing it off for almost six horrendous years of ultra-hyper corruption.

This is why I keep insisting, sweetheart, it is very difficult for me to blame Baba for what we're going through- the league of extraordinary corrupt politicians still lurk around every corner you peer into even to this very dey, sparing no effort to maintain status quo as Baba tries to take a step into the future. They pose the biggest threat to our national security.

What they have been doing is akin to robbers breaking into a bank to ransack and plunder their vaults. The only difference is that they append an official seal to their guns (documents) making the robbery appear legit, and they don't need to wear ski masks to evade the cameras- their own ski masks are their ugly smiles on their ugly faces that look like decomposing feaces!

They do this all in a bid to live like kings on earth and secure the future of the product of the sex even their great great grand children are yet to have. Most insecure SOBs the world's ever seen are the Nigerian politicians!

Call it witch hunt or whatever, whichever methods the anti corruption agencies decide to adopt in ridding the system of these virmins, or some of them, would ALWAYS have my blessings- we just gotta start from somewhere!

Just look at that figure for moment and imagine how much that could do for a generation of Nigerian graduates if applied to their welfare!! Imagine what that could do for our schools. Imagine what that could do if channelled into provision of potable water across all 36 states of the federation!! Yet, some few sleazy bastards who do nothing but sit on their lazy oars all day, reading newspapers and exchanging banters while chorusing their useless Ayes and Nays, cornered same to themselves!! angry

Somebody tell me, what exactly is there to look up to in the National Assembly?? What good purpose do they serve?? What good purpose have they ever served except under Ken Nnamani??

I, this day, have TOTALLY lost faith in the National Assembly.
@Omenka, can u imagine how much David Mark would have stashed away considering the fact that he was senate president during GEJ (ineffectual Buffon) era?
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by omenka(m): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2016
nuelyoyo:
@Omenka, can u imagine how much David Mark would have stashed away considering the fact that he was senate president during GEJ (ineffectual Buffon) era?
You want me to "imagine" that so some dude can come spitting in my face talking about how Igedes hate Idomas?? I no dey abeg.

1 Like

Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by nuelyoyo(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2016
omenka:
You want me to "imagine" that so some dude can come spitting in my face talking about how Igedes hate Idomas?? I no dey abeg.
Oh! Can I conclude then that u are Igede by tribe?
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by ceaser: 4:37am On Jul 30, 2016
modath:

Sarcasm smiley

Ceaser , chilltooo
wink

Ceaser kwa?!

What I do? grin
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by ceaser: 5:39am On Jul 30, 2016
Paperwhite:
You should be concerned about the veracity or otherwise of the message passed & not dwelling on frivolities by writing such an endless & senseless epistle.Did Buhari signed & presented the 1st "grossly padded budget or not? Was the budget not hailed by all APC's zombies(esp.Femi Gbajamila) as a "budget of Change" or not? Was there not a nationwide outcry about this scandalous budget ever passed in the history of Nigeria or not? Was the so-called budget not later stolen when PMB & APC later discovered their foolishness in order to do damage control? Are all the principal characters associated with the "budget padding"esp.the current episode in the HOR,APC's members or not? So you see how helpless defending APC can be? Hence defend reasonably bro.
Haba! This is crystal clear na. First, dwelling on that "C" word is not frivolity, rather your attempt at downplaying the condemnation of corruption by tagging my response as, in your own words, "endless and senseless" is.

Second, there is no single truth in what you insinuated in that previous post of yours and even what you want us all to believe now. Majority of Nigerians did not vote on sentiments or hatred for GEJ, people got tired of the "Business as usual" that plagued that regime - corruption that stinks to the high heavens. The people doing the work going on empty stomachs and the criminals lounging in palatial mansions getting free and illegitimate monies and feeding fat therein.

Gross padding of the Nigerian budget is a yearly ritual. MDAs and Ministers "lobbying" the lawmakers with kickbacks to pass the inflated sums was standard practice. So your claim up there is erroneous. But at least you apparently agreed that budget padding is a norm for years if you could classify the 2016's as "grossly".

It was rightly tagged "budget of change" when it was presented by the presidency, yes. It was aimed at giving Nigerians the transparency the yearned for. Remember that the presidency did not single-handedly prepare the budget, ministries have input too, so do the lawmakers which are rightly majorly APC. But the presidency on suspicion of foul play, refused to sign it following the various antics by the lawmakers. This is something that will have been condoned by administrations before now. While many reasonable Nigerians stood with the presidency on this, few insatiable ones tried to railroad him into signing it. It's therefore no surprise that this same set of people presently tag the signed 2016 budget as "grossly padded".

The culprits behind this crime against Nigerians cut across various ethnicities and political parties, APC included. But aren't you pleased that an APC government will in the overall interest of Nigerians not overlook this terrible crime in which some her members are implicated? Truly, you should be, except if you have your conscience already sheared with hot iron not to see any good in a perceived enemy.

Your notion that I defend APC is also erroneous. I am Nigerian, I stand by and defend what is in the best interest of my fellow Nigerians. If any government in power threatens that interest, they automatically sign up for war from well meaning Nigerians, I included.
Re: NASS Padded 2016 Budget With N481bn - Vanguard by chikeorji123(m): 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
bluebabyboy1:
[[s]quote author=amuokuko post=47921495]And who re these NASS members if not same APC..

Same APC accusing the past government of being so corrupt.

Thunder that will Fire Buhari witch hunting just left North Pole.[/s]

Until you and your likes grow beyond playing the APC/PDP blame, then Nigeria will never move forward. Instead of calling for all those responsible for this devilish act to be brought to justice, you are here shouting APC as if it's APC that committed the act in question. Political Parties dont steal, but political party members do - so let's demand justice for these thieves, irrespective of party affiliation!!!

Please will like to reach you on WhatsApp Bros or call u personally..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Ghumbili, Adamawa, Kills Scores, Destroys 60 Houses / "Biafra Is A Fraud – It Was In The Mortuary, Now Gone To The Cemetery" -Nwabueze / APC Campaign: "We’ll Defend Tinubu’s Mandate By Every Means Necessary"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.