Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja (27335 Views)

Between Spectranet And Smile 4glte Service, Which Is Better? / Just Incase You Didn't Know: Smile And Spectranet Are Behind Data Price Increase / Spectranet Increases Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by justicejay(m): 7:00am On Jul 29, 2016
undecided tell me one reliable network in Nigeria. None, I say none. They are all duping us jst like our govt.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by JMystique(m): 7:05am On Jul 29, 2016
Bought smile in our office last year and it was awesome, from early this year i discovered my MTN data was much better.Couldnt use the smile to do any, I mean anything at all

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 29, 2016
its official, they are throttling users

between 1am to 7am, i am getting 50kbps. once its 7am, connection is back to 1mbps

so much for their 'unlimited night browsing' bs
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by texazzpete(m): 7:40am On Jul 29, 2016
ezzylee:

Me, I have no choice. I just have to stick with them coz the devil you know, is better than the angel you dont know. Dont wanna go and enter another ISP'S trap. grin tongue

You work for Spectranet, don't you?

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by proffc: 7:45am On Jul 29, 2016
alstacs:

you got the drift, Bro. They give a gift you you cannot reject but cannot use at the same time!
This snail speed started with Spectranet when they started their own double data promo in December 2015-Jan2016. I for nor even worry but they keep pursuing me about with phone calls urging me to subscribe.

I'm telling you. Even while out of the country they still call. I gave up on them over a year ago as I've come to believe no good thing can come out of their Nazareth. Spectranet that is, but from my findings they are all birds of a feather.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by pamcode(m): 7:50am On Jul 29, 2016
It seems all of the network providers are scam artist in codes.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by defash8: 7:53am On Jul 29, 2016
We just sign up to MainOne SME-in-a-Box, this is the best service in Nigeria. It is fibre to our office.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by enigma2007(m): 7:59am On Jul 29, 2016
ezzylee:
We use swift 4g in my place (lagos) and these days since swift started this their double your data promotion, the internet hasn't been so good. But im sure its way better than spectranet. My issue with them now is that , in a day for like 2 hours i wont have any internet connection. And this occurs multiple times in a day. But between the hours of 1am and 7am, i get speeds of 1.3mbps which for some people its slow but in Nigeria here, thats really fast. I think their strategy is to find means of not allowing us to finish our data before it expires.

Bros! I finish that their bonus data...In their life, they wouldn't try that double data thingy again... infact, schedule my PS4 to download another 48GB game while i am at work.

Anyways, swift seems to be the most stable around my end (Palmgrove/Onipanu side).. Fast enough to handle what i need to download sha..
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by musicwriter(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2016
alstacs:
After switching round all mobile networks looking for fast and reliable data services, a friend introduced Spectranet to me in January 2015. It was the best Internet experience I've had since I was born. I was the king, I could do all I needed to do and the kids could stream their animations and educational videos. I was the most reliable when making Skype video calls. If you come to my house, I don't offer you water or drink, I give you wifi password.
Despite having just two bars of signal around Durumi area, I streamed videos like they were stored on my tablet or laptop.
suddenly I became an apostle to spectranet. In fact somebody in the central area nearly cursed me once on Facebook for praising spectranet. His honeymoon oerios was over! I never knew Spectranet has a honeymoon period for everybody and every area in Abuja.

My/our honeymoon period expired January 2016 when they started their double offer promo. From that time, despite my steady signal strength, I have been using about only 2 or 3 gig out of almost 40gig I have every month. It became so poor that as bad as Glo network was, I preferred Glo data cos spectranet would not even open a page on a browser talk less of using VOI calls or streaming videos.
If you need to open a website now, you better start boiling beans at the same time, you page will open when you are done from the kitchen.
I went round my area asking apither subscribers and they all have the same story to tell. I mailed their customer service and an engineer was sent to my house and area. He confirmed that their service was no longer optimised there just like those people in the central area .
I have tried on a few occasions to subscribe again but I ended up wasting money every time. I tried Smile too but their own data costs an arm and a leg.
my options now:
1. Unlock the wifi device for a more customer friendly broadband provider
2. To give out my wifi device for free.
3. Seems as if I will try NTEL oh

You're right about the begining of their problem.

Their problem began December 2015 when they started the double offer promo. I had similar issues then and even opened a thread here to share my frustrations.

When MTN and all the other GSM networks go 4G as expected, then, spectranet, smile and all the current 4G networks would become history within 2 years. Their time is up!.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by babs50g: 8:04am On Jul 29, 2016
@op . At least they are trying compare to other ISP provider. Its not easy operating ISP , most of them go on CAPEX and OPEX to optimize operation. Although money for service should be the priority . Perhaps Stick with them instead of jumping from one to another. Had once worked with them and i did supervise all the equipments/machinery that was brought in and they are very good at what they do . Spectranet LTE is super rich .
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by mradjoy(m): 8:04am On Jul 29, 2016
justicejay:
undecided tell me one reliable network in Nigeria.
None, I say none.
They are all duping us jst like our govt.

Have you tried ipNX?
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by allanphash7(m): 8:11am On Jul 29, 2016
1.3mbps ke and you said some people will say it slow

Isnt that slow enough , while someone uses 50mbps

Well its not in 9ja tho
ezzylee:
We use swift 4g in my place (lagos) and these days since swift started this their double your data promotion, the internet hasn't been so good. But im sure its way better than spectranet. My issue with them now is that , in a day for like 2 hours i wont have any internet connection. And this occurs multiple times in a day. But between the hours of 1am and 7am, i get speeds of 1.3mbps which for some people its slow but in Nigeria here, thats really fast. I think their strategy is to find means of not allowing us to finish our data before it expires.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by ikombe: 8:14am On Jul 29, 2016
Chingyyang:
Lmao....... U no see smile buy Pele Oh
no be only smile undecided na laugh you go see grin
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by akonibobo: 8:18am On Jul 29, 2016
Sorry bro...Smile Wifi is now very affordable compared to what you experienced before. The prices on our data has been reduced and with what u said, I noticed you use data heavily. So I would advice you go for the unlimited data plan on smile which has no data cap and enjoy the fastest speed of an avg of 6-21 mbps. Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by wristbangle: 8:20am On Jul 29, 2016
Most of these LTE ISP companies are scams nowadays. Anyway I guess glo have upgraded their network because for the past 2 weeks, their network has been more reliable and steady.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by barragan: 8:22am On Jul 29, 2016
Currently using spectranet in Ibadan and the network is as good as always, but this 10k sub hmm, they've got to reduce it back o.

2 Likes

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Jainine(f): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2016
alstacs... I chuckled when I was reading, the way you illustrated your experience with such humor.

These companies only start to act up whenever they roll out promos.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by routik(m): 8:32am On Jul 29, 2016
I tried Smile too but their own data costs an arm and a leg.

That is the problem here. You didn't accuse Smile of being slow. You only accused them of being expensive.

You can't eat your cake and have. Why do you think that some organisations pay over N100k for just dedicated 1MBps bandwith a month? Mean while your so called 4G internet providers will be advertising bandwidth of over 21MBps speed.

Is either you enter drop and enjoy the car alone uninterrupted or you enter along and share the seat with other passengers.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by chatom143: 8:39am On Jul 29, 2016
Do you have a spectranet ( Big router box), or the E5573 ( the new white spectranet mifi) or any other mifi locked to any network. contact me for unlocking for use with any network of your choice.

1 Like

Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 29, 2016
Am with spectranet....and they work well for me.

Only problem is I cannot use it outside Abuja.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 29, 2016
akonibobo:
Sorry bro...Smile Wifi is now very affordable compared to what you experienced before. The prices on our data has been reduced and with what u said, I noticed you use data heavily. So I would advice you go for the unlimited data plan on smile which has no data cap and enjoy the fastest speed of an avg of 6-21 mbps. Thank me later.

i call bs. all these providers have taken a page from their counterparts in the us. unlimited no data cap - and funny 'fair use' clauses.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by stefanweeks: 8:55am On Jul 29, 2016
try vodacom

power to you
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by timmiezone: 9:06am On Jul 29, 2016
oyb:
a different kind of rubbish in lagos. i am getting 50kbps. at 3am

i am suspecting that they are throttling at night. it used to be 1.2mbps. a real mess. angry. glo is actually faster.

edit, its 7 am, and speed is up to 800kbps.

almost definitely throttling by spectranet

Spectranet aren't truthful with their free midnight browsing between 1am and 7am. They definitely throttle their speeds within that period. Once its 7am, the speed picks up.

My point is.. If you cant sustain a service, do not start it in the first place.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by yankeedude(m): 9:12am On Jul 29, 2016
alstacs:
After switching round all mobile networks looking for fast and reliable data services, a friend introduced Spectranet to me in January 2015. It was the best Internet experience I've had since I was born. I was the king, I could do all I needed to do and the kids could stream their animations and educational videos. I was the most reliable when making Skype video calls. If you come to my house, I don't offer you water or drink, I give you wifi password.
Despite having just two bars of signal around Durumi area, I streamed videos like they were stored on my tablet or laptop.
suddenly I became an apostle to spectranet. In fact somebody in the central area nearly cursed me once on Facebook for praising spectranet. His honeymoon oerios was over! I never knew Spectranet has a honeymoon period for everybody and every area in Abuja.

My/our honeymoon period expired January 2016 when they started their double offer promo. From that time, despite my steady signal strength, I have been using about only 2 or 3 gig out of almost 40gig I have every month. It became so poor that as bad as Glo network was, I preferred Glo data cos spectranet would not even open a page on a browser talk less of using VOI calls or streaming videos.
If you need to open a website now, you better start boiling beans at the same time, you page will open when you are done from the kitchen.
I went round my area asking apither subscribers and they all have the same story to tell. I mailed their customer service and an engineer was sent to my house and area. He confirmed that their service was no longer optimised there just like those people in the central area .
I have tried on a few occasions to subscribe again but I ended up wasting money every time. I tried Smile too but their own data costs an arm and a leg.
my options now:
1. Unlock the wifi device for a more customer friendly broadband provider
2. To give out my wifi device for free.
3. Seems as if I will try NTEL oh
The same thing is happening to me right now. How can I unlock the device?
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by chatom143: 9:19am On Jul 29, 2016
yankeedude:

The same thing is happening to me right now. How can I unlock the device?

I can unlock it for you.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Ekugbeh(m): 9:27am On Jul 29, 2016
Thukzee01:
Abeg how much is garri 1paint in your area
it is #600 in my area o....
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Thukzee01(m): 9:41am On Jul 29, 2016
Ekugbeh:
it is #600 in my area o....
buy and send it 2 my mail jaree, i cannot buy 40gb nd use 3gb i reject it
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by claremont(m): 9:42am On Jul 29, 2016
It would be better if you guys do a speed test and post the results here so that some of us can fully comprehend how slow the speeds are. I can't imagine paying to use 1.4mbps speeds, which I believe is the mainstream speeds in Nigeria like some have mentioned.
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by myungidbaloxy: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2016
How To Use Free Zenith Bank Wifi Even If You Are Not A Customer http://www.techsparkhub.com/2016/07/how-to-use-free-zenith-bank-wifi-even.html

Samsung Tab J Full Specifications And Price http://www.techsparkhub.com/2016/07/samsung-tab-j-full-specifications-and.html

How To Uninstall Pre-Installed System Apps On Your Android Phones http://www.techsparkhub.com/2016/07/how-to-uninstall-pre-installed-system.html

How to Erase Your iOS Device After Too Many Failed Passcode Attempts http://www.techsparkhub.com/2016/07/how-to-erase-your-ios-device-after-too.html
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by Ekugbeh(m): 9:46am On Jul 29, 2016
Thukzee01:

buy and send it 2 my mail jaree, i cannot buy 40gb nd use 3gb i reject it
oya send d money na
Re: Spectranet: The Honeymoon Seems Over In Abuja by drizzit(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2016
omolola15:
All these isp's and their wahala. Glo will keep advertising super fast Internet and its a lie. Any time I watch that RMD advert I am always very angry. I have spectranet and its ok here in my area. But sometimes I do have to put it on the window. I also use glo and that can be very very frustrating sometimes. The network will just keep dancing shoki. Just yesterday the mumu network make me lose a bid for a player on top eleven after I have used like 7 tokens. E pain me walahi.
I use spectranet because of the free night browsing and i do really enjoy it. I used 237gb last month, I'll use more than that this month grin . Immediately it's 1am I wake up queue my downloads and go back to bed. 10k no be small money na.
you sef dey play top eleven? I can relate to losing a player u bidding for due mad network. Anytime u wanna start bidding, look for a location where the signal strength is good...then carry go....to lose tokens dey pain die.... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six App Settings That Consume Your Mobile Data And Solutions To Them / The Dangers In Making & Answering Calls While "Charging" / Infinix Note 8 Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.