Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:11 PM

Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured (48279 Views)

Soldier And A Policeman Fight In Ijora, Lagos - Pictures / Ife: Dead Bodies Of Victims Of Yoruba-Hausa Clash In Osun (Graphic Pictures) / Boy Shot By His Gang Members At Ijora Badia, Lagos (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by pussyAvenger: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
BORN A COWARD...LIVE A COWARD.....DIE A COWARD.......

TRADEMARK NDI AFONJA

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by blackjack21(m): 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
codemaniacs:

the places u call ghettos have pipe borne water, electricity and other amenities that people living in Nigerian cities don't even have.. those places are just filled with mostly lazy people...

when Jay-Z visited an African village some years back and noticed that the village children had to trek for miles just to fetch water... He said this is the real ghetto... that the ghettos in U.S are nothing compared to the ones in the country he visited..

no Water and electricity is not what makes a ghetto.

noun (plural ghettos)
An (often walled) area of a city in which Jews are concentrated by force and law. (Used particularly of areas in medieval Italy and in Nazi-controlled Europe.)
An (often impoverished) area of a city inhabited predominantly by members of a specific nationality, ethnicity, or race.
An area in which people who are distinguished by sharing something other than ethnicity concentrate or are concentrated.
translations (area of a city in which Jews were concentrated)
French: ghetto
German: Getto, Ghetto
Italian: ghetto
Portuguese: gueto, judiaria
Russian: гетто
Spanish: gueto
translations (area of a city where people of another ethnicity concentrate or are concentrated) ▼ show
adjective
Of or relating to a ghetto or to ghettos in general.
(slang) Unseemly and indecorous or of low quality; cheap; shabby, crude.
My apartment's so ghetto, the rats and cockroaches filed a complaint with the city!
I like to drive ghetto cars; if they break down you can just abandon them and pick up a new one!
(US) Characteristic of the style, speech, or behavior of residents of a predominantly black or other ghetto in the United States.
Having been raised in a ghetto in the United States.
translations (of low quality; cheap; shabby, crude) ▼ show
verb (ghettoes, ghettoing; past and past participle ghettoed)
To confine (a specified group of people) to a ghetto.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by Emaprince: 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
prettyjo:
firstus la commentus .

a queen was born today.

happy birthday to me
you are pretty but you need to watch your weight.

Happy birthday to you!!!
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by AgentOrange: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
ceaser:

[s]But some Yoruba dudes have taken up arms to avenge their kinsman, Ojo's death in the hands of an alleged Hausa guy na. So what else so you want? Mind you I am not in any way supporting brute force approach on this o. But you are clearly being hypocritical in your assessment and it is due to nothing other than your tribalized position and ethnic leaning. Believe me, that is the least of your problems.

Maybe some scrutiny will give you a lil' bit of insight.

The injured Customs officer (glad he didn't caput) will most likely be a non-Yoruba, more likely Hausa extraction but it does not rule out the fact that he could be a South Easterner who almost got killed - that could have been your kinsman, and you're all smiles, heh?

Akiolu and some other Yorùbá elders should have encouraged further bloodshed, as I could infer from your position. Now if he ever makes such mistake, your likes will be the first to cry blue murder. And last I remember, you cheered Fáyòsé on when he declared literarily reprisal war on some herdsmen marauders. Oh I forgot he is anti-FG and your "role model" for the same reason, so forgive me.

Akiolu made a gaffe with his "lagoon declaration" and while he may have made it from a brief moment of unguarded emotion, his rather "Trump-ish" approach was not spared by notable and well meaning Yorubas, I inclusive (although I enjoyed the hearty jokes made out of that Akiolu declaration o grin). Mind you, such stance by the Yoruba intelligestsia against him was also not to indulge the excesses of Igbos that warranted such outburst from Akiolu in the first instance, rather such stance was a result of rule of law, freedom of association, freedom of existence and, please note this, moderation which are vital background elements of developed societies worldwide today. Note that similar issue of unwarranted territorialism almost got entrenched in Akure, Ondo state few months after when an attempt was made at installing a supreme Eze Nd'igbo in a Yoruba town with a reigning Oba. I mean, who does that?! Such brazenly preposterous act was rightly condemned by all and sundry, many reasonable Igbos inclusive.

Also from my knowledge, Igbos are not always linked to violent crimes committed in Lagos, Hausas, most rightly are. Hence it is only natural for the reaction to be a direct, opposite and equal one - violence. Akiolu's was mere rethorics, and rightly so as a reaction to the events that spurred it.

Lastly, I see the average Yoruba reacting equally to crimes or injustices against anyone irrespective of ethnic extraction, or even religious affiliation. "Badoo" the serial rapist and murderer brought down by Yorubas in Lagos is one example. One of his victims that was the last straw was not even Nigerian, but Ghanaian. An Igbo woman had once being his victim. And did you know he was Yoruba? Yeah, he was. What would you have alleged if he turned out to be Igbo and indeed committed those acts? I bet readers will have to live with your diatribes for weeks on end, maybe never ending. Ever heard of Colonel Fajuyi and Aguiyi Ironsi? Examples abound.

Summarily, my epistle: In everything we do, let us put humanity first before ethnicity, race, tongue, political party or religion, even kith and kin. Things will be better with that arrangement[/s].

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by MrGerald(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you dont throw stones into the market cos it may hit one of your family members.

If the government decides to clean the ghettos, majority of your brother will relocate to osun and Oyo state and I'm sure osun cannot pay NEPA bills now, let alone accommodating an extra agbero.

I'm sure omenka will end up going back to benue if this happens and he may end up at the edge of a fulani man's machete
grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by dadaijboy: 2:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
prettyjo:
firstus la commentus .

a queen was born today.

happy birthday to me

Happy birthday

1 Share

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by MasterofdRolls1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Ijaw killing Yoruba Hausa killing Yoruba Are yorubas chickens?
They will not face these people, just watch and see
They are chest beaters only.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by Spells(m): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
Kosy79:
Then d fake hausas are born in south Korea, trained in Iraq, nurtured by Osama, then imported to Nigeria for practising right........ ;DThen d fake hausas are born in south Korea, trained in Iraq, nurtured by Osama, then imported to Nigeria for practising right........
grin grin grin who knows It's very possible oh
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by Okeikpu(m): 2:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
mazichika:
Watch as the will leave hausas and start attacking igbos here now.
THOSE COWARDS BAFFLES ME SOMETIMES cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by Kosy79(f): 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
Spells:
grin grin grin who knows It's very possible oh
Lol!!!!! it might be possible.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by Spells(m): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
Kosy79:
Lol!!!!! it might be possible.
grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by Emilokoiyawon: 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Ijaw killing Yoruba
Hausa killing Yoruba
Are yorubas chickens?

They will not face these people, just watch and see

And what have your people done to avenge your millions wasted like real chickens?

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by nellyelitz(m): 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
Na brothers misunderstanding so they will resolve in no time, If they like them finish their selves na them sabi
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by nell2: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
mazichika:
Watch as the will leave hausas and start attacking igbos here now.
uche gi di ya.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by nell2: 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
PenSniper:

Who let you loose from the leash ?
The blood of hundreds of Enugu people slaughtered for suya festival are still begging for revenge but instead it was the survivors that got arredted with no finger raised by anybody.
Slaves in their own land.
There is a log of wood in your own eyes and you want to remove the speck in someone else's ?
so what point are you trying to make
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by nell2: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

Mofo!
truth hurts bae.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by HomeOfMe(f): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
Noneroone:
kanu is a free man in prison but you are in prison despite your physical freedom. He has unshacked his own mind and the truth he preaches breaks through the prison walls to liberate the minds of million. Here you are walking free but your brain imprisoned by lies and falsehood. Worst still, you are confined to think about him and only him, even in the face of the butchery suffered by your fellow one Nigerianists. What form of imprisonment could be worse!
Gbam!
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by ilovetheline: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
ceaser:

But some Yoruba dudes have taken up arms to avenge their kinsman, Ojo's death in the hands of an alleged Hausa guy na. So what else so you want? Mind you I am not in any way supporting brute force approach on this o. But you are clearly being hypocritical in your assessment and it is due to nothing other than your tribalized position and ethnic leaning. Believe me, that is the least of your problems.

The injured Customs officer (glad he didn't caput) will most likely be a non-Yoruba, more likely Hausa extraction but it does not rule out the fact that he could be a South Easterner who almost got killed - that could have been your kinsman, and you're all smiles, heh?

Akiolu and some other Yorùbá elders should have encouraged further bloodshed, as I could infer from your position. Now if he ever makes such mistake, your likes will be the first to cry blue murder. And last I remember, you cheered Fáyòsé on when he declared literarily reprisal war on some herdsmen marauders. Oh I forgot he is anti-FG and your "role model" for the same reason, so forgive me.

Akiolu made a gaffe with his "lagoon declaration" and while he may have made it from a brief moment of unguarded emotion, his rather "Trump-ish" approach was not spared by notable and well meaning Yorubas, I inclusive (although I enjoyed the hearty jokes made out of that Akiolu declaration o grin). Mind you, such stance by the Yoruba intelligestsia against him was also not to indulge the excesses of Igbos that warranted such outburst from Akiolu in the first instance, rather such stance was a result of rule of law, freedom of association, freedom of existence and, please note this, moderation which are vital background elements of developed societies worldwide today. Note that similar issue of unwarranted territorialism almost got entrenched in Akure, Ondo state few months after when an attempt was made at installing a supreme Eze Nd'igbo in a Yoruba town with a reigning Oba. I mean, who does that?! Such brazenly preposterous act was rightly condemned by all and sundry, many reasonable Igbos inclusive.

Also from my knowledge, Igbos are not always linked to violent crimes committed in Lagos, Hausas, most rightly are. Hence it is only natural for the reaction to be a direct, opposite and equal one - violence. Akiolu's was mere rethorics, and rightly so as a reaction to the events that spurred it.

Lastly, I see the average Yoruba reacting equally to crimes or injustices against anyone irrespective of ethnic extraction, or even religious affiliation. "Badoo" the serial rapist and murderer brought down by Yorubas in Lagos is one example. One of his victims that was the last straw was not even Nigerian, but Ghanaian. An Igbo woman had once being his victim. And did you know he was Yoruba? Yeah, he was. What would you have alleged if he turned out to be Igbo and indeed committed those acts? I bet readers will have to live with your diatribes for weeks on end, maybe never ending. Ever heard of Colonel Fajuyi and Aguiyi Ironsi? Examples abound.

Summarily, my epistle: In everything we do, let us put humanity first before ethnicity, race, tongue, political party or religion, even kith and kin. Things will be better with that arrangement.
I couldn't by Pasa this tale of holy genes. tell me more about thid
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by ilovetheline: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
ceaser:

But some Yoruba dudes have taken up arms to avenge their kinsman, Ojo's death in the hands of an alleged Hausa guy na. So what else so you want? Mind you I am not in any way supporting brute force approach on this o. But you are clearly being hypocritical in your assessment and it is due to nothing other than your tribalized position and ethnic leaning. Believe me, that is the least of your problems.

Summarily, my epistle: In everything we do, let us put humanity first before ethnicity, race, tongue, political party or religion, even kith and kin. Things will be better with that arrangement.
I couldn't by Pasa this tale of holy genes. tell me more about this
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by ilovetheline: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

And what have your people done to avenge your millions wasted like real chickens?
Wait for it. I do not forgive. I never forget. I advice: turn over obasanjo, Buhari, danjuma, adekunle's first and second children to Biafra. but people Are sometimes irrational on second thought
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by ilovetheline: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

Wait for it. it's coming. I do not forgive. I never forget. I recommend : turn over obasanjo, Buhari, gowon and his family, danjuma, adekunle's first and second children to Biafra. but people Are sometimes irrational on second thought
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by Emilokoiyawon: 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
ilovetheline:
Wait for it. I do not forgive. I never forget. I advice: turn over obasanjo, Buhari, danjuma, adekunle's first and second children to Biafra. but people Are sometimes irrational on second thought

cool what is this one saying? cool What have you done to avenge this yamirin child (who is just one of millions)?:

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by Emilokoiyawon: 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
nellyelitz:
Na brothers misunderstanding so they will resolve in no time, If they like them finish their selves na them sabi

who will avenge dis slaves:

Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by shosomtin: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
LEAVE THESE PEOPLE...GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT...LET THEM GO WITH THEIR SENTIMENTS.
U LIVE AND SCHOOLED IN THE WEST, AT LEAST U'VE LEARNT ENOUGH FROM US TO STAND ALONE AND LIVE BY UR PALM CANEL.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by UGONNAM: 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
ceaser:

Did you actually did summary in school?
Please learn how to always make your points clear with few sentences.
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by nellyelitz(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
Emilokoiyawon:

who will avenge dis slaves:
if u ask me na who i go ask
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by Deepfreezer(m): 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Slaves and masters playing its nothing new. Kwantinue
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by youngest85(m): 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
prettyjo:
firstus la commentus .

a queen was born today.

happy birthday to me

Ya camel toe me likey
Re: Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Ijora Badia, Lagos: 3 Killed, Customs Officer Injured by DaBullIT(m): 12:01am On Jul 28, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Mayoroflagos modath hundredhundred arressa orlandohowo joborskill johnnyessence pentiumpro ebukaboi dropshot dabullit vedaxcool come and make this thread lively for me.

Hausa are at the gates

Why would i do that ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Abuja-Based Man In His Farm (Photos) / Woman Bites Off Sister’s Nose During Fight Over Sex Patron / Gunmen Kill Pastor Yohanna Abashiya, Kidnap His Daughter In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.