Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Put On The Full Armour Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Put On The Full Armour Of God (4659 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 10/08/2017) Spiritual Armour / Put on the whole armour of God Almighty / When You Put On The Whole Armour Of God (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Put On The Full Armour Of God by bingbagbo(m): 7:44am On Jul 27, 2016
With the full armour of God
You are more than a conqueror

Ephesians 6:10-18

The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

1 Like

Re: Put On The Full Armour Of God by Preciousgirl(f): 10:38am On Jul 27, 2016
Thanks
Re: Put On The Full Armour Of God by bingbagbo(m): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
Preciousgirl:
Thanks

welcome
Re: Put On The Full Armour Of God by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Apr 20, 2023
bingbagbo:

With the full armour of God
You are more than a conqueror Ephesians 6:10-18
■ Starting in Isaiah 59, the prophet Isaiah informed us that the one who is in fact adorned with the full of armor of God is the Lord, the Redeemer, Himself.
15 Loyalty is gone, and people who try to do good are robbed. The Lord looked and saw there was no justice. He did not like what he saw.
16 He did not see anyone speak up for the people. He was shocked to see that no one stood up for them. So with his own power, he saved them. His desire to do what is right gave him strength.
17 He put on the armor of goodness, the helmet of salvation, the uniform of punishment, and the coat of strong love.
18 He will give his enemies the punishment they deserve. They will feel his anger. He will punish all his enemies. People along the coast will get the punishment they deserve.
19 People from the west to the east will fear the Lord and respect his Glory. He will come quickly, like a fast-flowing river driven by a wind from the Lord.
20 Then a redeemer will come to Zion to save the people of Jacob who have turned away from sin.
21And as for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord: “My Spirit that is upon you, and my words that I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, or out of the mouth of your offspring, or out of the mouth of your children's offspring,” says the Lord, “from this time forth and forevermore.” - Isaiah 59 vs 15 - 18
The Lord, our Redeemer, is the one who wears the
Helmet of salvation
The breastplate of righteousness
The Sword of Spirit
The Uniform of Punishment
The Coat of Strong Love
■ In Isaiah 52, Isaiah further informed us that the Redeemer wears
the shoes of Peace.
5 Now therefore what have I here,” declares the Lord, “seeing that my people are taken away for nothing? Their rulers wail,” declares the Lord, “and continually all the day my name is despised.
6 Therefore my people shall know my name. Therefore in that day they shall know that it is I who speak; here I am.”
7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.” - Isaiah 52 vs 5 - 7
■ In Isaiah 11, the prophet also informed us that the Lord, the King, is the one who is clad with the
Belt of Truth
1. A small tree[a] will begin to grow from the stump of Jesse. That branch will grow from Jesse’s roots.
[b]2
The Lord’s Spirit will always be with that new king to give him wisdom, understanding, guidance, and power. The Spirit will help him know and respect the Lord.
3 He will find joy in obeying the Lord. This king will not judge people by the way things look. He will not judge by listening to rumors.
4-5 He will judge the poor fairly and honestly. He will be fair when he decides what to do for the poor of the land. If he decides people should be beaten, he will give the command, and they will be beaten. If he decides people must die, he will give the command, and those evil people will be killed. Goodness(Righteousness) and fairness will be like a belt he wears around his waist. - Isaiah 11 vs 1 - 5

■ And in Psalm 91, we are instructed by David to make the Lord our refuge and our fortress for it is in fact His faithfulness — not ours — that is our shield and buckler
Shield of Faith
1. He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
5 You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
8 You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked.- Psalm 91 vs 1 - 8
The one who in fact does the fighting against the enemy on our behalf and wins all the time, meaning we have no battles to fight so long as we are under the Lord's refuge and fortress.

What all this means is that one cannot literally put on the armor of God as people like most in the religion of Christianity like to pretend a possibility. So, how does one then go about getting the armor to be on his side of things? Well, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer Himself, said in John 15 that He will abide in those who abide in Him.
5 “I am the vine, and you are the branches. If you stay joined to me, and I to you, you will produce plenty of fruit. But separated from me you won’t be able to do anything.
6 If you don’t stay joined to me, you will be like a branch that has been thrown out and has dried up. All the dead branches like that are gathered up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7 Stay joined together with me, and follow my teachings. If you do this, you can ask for anything you want, and it will be given to you.
8 Show that you are my followers by producing much fruit. This will bring honor[c] to my Father. - John 15 vs 5 - 8
To put on the armor of God means to get on the good side of the one who is in fact clad in the full armor of God, Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ said t do that is to love Him undecided
15 “If you love me, you will do what I command.
16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper[a] to be with you forever.
17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you.
18 “I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you.
19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live.
20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.
21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.” - John 14 vs 15 - 21
Re: Put On The Full Armour Of God by Kobojunkie: 5:05am On Apr 21, 2023
Preciousgirl:
Thanks
Hope you are not one of those who goes around pretending to be wearing the Armor of God as well? undecided

(1) (Reply)

One With God Is Majority / Why Am I Seeing Time Synchronicity? / The Pain Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.