Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

A Month And Two Weeks Into Blogging:- My Experience - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Month And Two Weeks Into Blogging:- My Experience (15187 Views)

Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? / How To Go Into Blogging Without Laptop / My Sojourn Into Blogging - A First Hand Experience For Intending Bloggers!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Month And Two Weeks Into Blogging:- My Experience by bunmi85(f): 9:28am On Mar 08, 2017
This blogger blog,http://nairapoints..com ,is just a month old, and I drive at least 2500 traffic to it every day.Check it out.
Re: A Month And Two Weeks Into Blogging:- My Experience by Grammywinner: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
bunmi85:
This blogger blog,http://nairapoints..com ,is just a month old, and I drive at least 2500 traffic to it every day.Check it out.

how do you do it?
Re: A Month And Two Weeks Into Blogging:- My Experience by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2017
macquis:
My names are Macquis Michelangelo Udochukwu and am a music Blogger.
Blarckbillboard a blog I started with the assistance of a friend and partner (Joshua) came into being on the 11th day of June 2016. In other words, the blog is barely two months old.

Being a music addict and a lover of literature I carefully thought of inventing a channel through which I could connect with music lovers as myself and most importantly contribute my quota to the growth of the Nigerian music industry. At that period in time in the year 2014 I conceived the whole music blogging idea. Though the idea of starting a music blog had been birthed in the year 2014, I never considered materializing the idea until after my service year in 2016.

My blogging experience so far ?

Blogging is quite difficult and time consuming, except you are nothing more than a plagiarist blogger.
Considering my blogging nitch the stress and difficulty is even doubled. Blarckbillboard most importantly deals with music news and reviews, and you will agree with me that the music industry both locally and internationally is always buzzing with one news update or the other.

Understanding the way things work in the media and blogosphere, the experienced news blogger strives to have a particular breaking news published on his/her blog first. If the news is hot enough, with adequate promotion of the blog post it could fetch the blog a lot of traffic. So I’ve had to constantly source for hot music news, rewrite them before publishing; write a detailed review on a new hit single; announce an upcoming music event and above all promote my blog posts on every available social media. Consequently, I’ve had to blog everyday, either in the sense of writing a new post or promoting one of my already published blog post, in other to make my baby-blog relevant to readers.

I recall nights when I’ve had to sleep for just 2 hrs owing to my sourcing for fresh music news to publish on the blog, and during the day spending long hours in a particular sitting position rewriting or typing a new post. The few hours I put into sleeping and relaxing my body both during the day and night began to take its toll on me as I fell ill few weeks into blogging. But my broken body wasn’t going to discourage me from pressing on. Even when the daily results I got paled in comparison to the hardwork and dedication I was putting into blogging.

Is my Blog being Successful ?

According to one source: “There are more than 164 million blogs… Most of these blogs get less than 1,000 visitors per month, and the harsh reality is, the majority of those blogs are, for lack of a better word, failures”.

Well, judging my blog’s success in the light of
Linda ikeji’s blog success from a traffic perspective would definitely spark up depression within me and kill my blogging drive, so I don’t ever make such insane comparisons. The problem with most newbie bloggers is that they make the mistake of comparing the traffic of their baby blogs with that of older blogs or bigger blogs. It’s no wonder most individuals who kick off a career in blogging throw in the towel 2 – 3 months into blogging. I have also understood that blogging success doesn’t come overnight and there is certainly hardwork that needs to be put in to eventually bring success.

As for my baby-blog’s traffic I’ve had great days when I got over a hundred visitors, days when I recorded between 5-8 visitors, and even days I recorded no visitor or reader at all, terrible days. The pressure builds up to the point whereby you continue to look at your blog stats to see if anybody has visited your blog. Such days alone were enough to make me quit blogging but my passion and interest in music has been the anchor holding me fast and keeping me from falling. The process of writing a blog post, editing, adding pictures and then proof reading is definitely time consuming! Not to talk of the longer minutes one has to spend publishing a single post in a country like Nigeria due to bad network. And so to feel that no one has read your post apart from yourself is undeniably quite upsetting.

During down times and periods I’ve considered quitting blogging, God has somehow always sent an angel in the guise of friends Felix Brambaiyefa, Idris Aliyu and Otosirieze Obi-Young. Their words of encouragement have been my strength and kept me going. The success stories of established bloggers have also been a source of inspiration and motivation for me.

As a newbie Blogger I’ve learnt that pressure will always remain as you want to do well and have people read and benefit from your blog. That is the reason you blog in the first place, so people read it and comment on your opinions and thoughts and so I try to reassure myself that people will come, and that I need to promote my blog more and not give up easily. I also tell myself that regardless of the Nigerian blogosphere being overly crowded, everyone has their position and followers, and if I work hard enough, make my blog posts more unique and stay focused on achieving my goals, I on the long-run will definitely establish myself as one of the most successful music bloggers in Africa.

Source:
https://blarckbillboard./2016/07/27/a-month-and-two-weeks-into-blogging-my-experience/
Get a custom domain..... its not that expensive
Re: A Month And Two Weeks Into Blogging:- My Experience by Ofoegbus(m): 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
Re: A Month And Two Weeks Into Blogging:- My Experience by Jacktheripper: 12:53am On Apr 23, 2019
obioji:
Wow! I have two blogs and its not easy getting traffic for them but I know one day, I will look back and smile at my days of little beginning smiley
www.aweleobioji..com

Are you smiling now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Facebook To Announce Large-scale Job Cuts / Types Of Websites | Softplace.com.ng / Most Web Developers Are Guilty Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.