|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,401,714 members, 5,373,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 January 2020 at 02:51 AM
Senator Barnabas Gemade Caught Sleeping In The Senate For The 3rd Time (PIX) / 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) / 7 Nigerian Politicians Caught In Akward Situations. (2) (3) (4)
|8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) by Thukzee01(m): 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2016|
Sometimes, you just can’t cheat nature. When the body is weak, the body is weak and there’s not much you can do but give in to its demands.
Some Nigerian politicians have been caught giving in to the demands of their weak bodies. They were caught sleeping on duty.
You can’t blame them, some of the meetings they attend can be so boring and take so long hours that they don’t even realize when they begin to doze off.
At other times, their busy schedule will not let them get the required rest needed.
Many Nigerian politicians are old and should be resting but they would never agree to leave the political scene for the younger ones.
Below are some Nigerian politicians caught in the act.
1. Governor Nyesom Wike: He is the governor of Rivers state and has been involved in a war of words with his predecessor,Rotimi Amaechi.The governor was pictured dozing during a Peoples Democratic Party retreat in the state. Maybe, all the fighting got to him and he just had to refuel the used up energy for the war ahead.
2. Olusegun Obasanjo: He is a former Nigerian Army general who was President of Nigeria from 1999 to 2007. During an event, the ex-president was taken over by a wave of fatigue and had to obey his body’s demand to take a nap. A man’s got to have his sleep.
3. Rochas Okorocha: The governor of Imo state was among the five governors in the 33 man entourage of President Muhammadu Buhari, to the United States in 2015. It looks like he decided to take a nap during the meeting with the World Bank President, Dr. Jim Yong Kim or maybe he was parying for the success of the meeting.
READ ALSO: 7 Nigerian politicians caught in awkward situations
4. Umar Ganduje:The Kano state governor is often referred to as the ‘sleeping governor’ as he sleeps almost all the time at public events. He was among the dignitaries that went with President Buhari to India for a 4-day official visit. The governor was caught on camera having a nap at the African-Indian Summit held in India.
5. Senator Barnabas Gemade: This is the most recent case of politicians caught sleeping on duty. Gemade representing Benue North-East senatorial zone was caught on camera sleeping at the National Assembly during a plenary session.
The senator also made headlines in 2015 when he was caught sleeping.
6. Babatunde Fashola: He is a former governor of Lagos state and is the minister of three of Nigeria’s important ministries, Work, Power and Housing. Maybe he had a hectic night dealing with all the problems that come with his position. You can’t cheat nature.
7. Honourable Essien Ayi: a PDP House of Representatives member representing Calabar South/Akpabuyo/Bakassi of Cross Rivers state was caught sleeping during the 2016 budget presentation by President Buhari. He got carried away and had to start dreaming of the ‘Change’ that the budget would bring. Maybe he foresaw the controversy that trailed the budget in his dreams.
8. Godswill Akpabio: The former Akwa Ibom state governor and Senate minority leader, Godswill Akpabio was caught on camera dozing on the floor of the Senate when his colleagues were deliberating on national affairs.
Have you ever dozed off in public?
|Re: 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) by nkemcd(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2016|
Body no be firewood........
but if it happens always like d guy 4rm Kano den something is wrong.
|Re: 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) by OGreat20(m): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2016|
|Re: 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) by emamos: 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2016|
Let sleeping dog lie
|Re: 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) by Thukzee01(m): 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2016|
|Re: 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) by Thukzee01(m): 4:34pm On Jul 27, 2016|
|Re: 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) by yanabasee(m): 4:59pm On Jul 27, 2016|
Learning some new sleeping techniques from my leaders....
|Re: 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) by Lifestone(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2016|
Rich, poor, powerful, powerless, influential or not we are all human at the end of the day.
Take am easy jor
|Re: 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) by ajepako(f): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2016|
OP you no try oh..
Na people grandpapas you dey yawa so abi?
The funniest sleepers are governor Ganduje of Kanu and SLEEPNATOR Barnabas Germade..
|Re: 8 Nigerian Politicians Caught Sleeping In Public (see Photos) by BlackSeptember: 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2016|
Buhari has been sleep walking since last year
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45