Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,985 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:55 AM

John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) (12544 Views)

21 New Political Parties Get Registration Certificates From INEC Chairman (Photo / Buhari Appoints James Momoh As NERC Chairman / Biography Of The Newly Elected BON Chairman, John O. Momoh OON (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by dre11(m): 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
The Chairman of Channels Media Group, Mr. John Momoh, was on Wednesday elected as the Chairman of the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria.

The election held at the annual delegate conference on Wednesday in Abuja.
Momoh polled 51 votes against Mr. Abbas Dalhatu from Freedom Radio, Kano who scored 12 votes.

In his acceptance speech, Momoh said his leadership was determined to address issues affecting the broadcast industry in the country.

Momoh, who thanked the delegates for electing him, however, said that almost three decades after its establishment, The Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria had yet to earn its deserved respect among professional bodies in Nigeria.

“BON is like the proverbial goose that lays the golden egg but is not accorded its due respect,” he said.

He promised that the organisation under his leadership would address the challenges bedeviling BON and “influence a new thinking, a new respect and a new vision for us all as professional broadcasters”.

http://punchng.com/john-momoh-elected-bon-chairman/

3 Likes

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by Olalan(m): 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
The man seems credible giving the reputation his TV station (Channels) have built over the years.

21 Likes

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by ajepako(f): 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
John Momoh....my teenage crush on NTA alongside Donald Ovberejo

He deserves that post because he has come a long way...

Congrats sir..

2 Likes

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by Mediapace: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by babyfaceafrica: 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nice
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by Qmerit(m): 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
Congratulations sir.
Pls represent well,
We are proud of you.
Edo people love you.

2 Likes

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by ijustdey: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
hard work always pays at the end of the day........

when a station for 10 consecutive years was voted as the TV station of the year, won't such accolades be given to the head of such management team.

that's what I feel he is reaping for now

4 Likes

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by veekid(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
Fits in for this

1 Like

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by akpumping7720(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
he deserves it!!!!
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by VocalWalls: 8:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
saw this coming
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by hemartins(m): 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
Congratulations to him
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by shobroy10(m): 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
Mediapace:
John momoh,another strategy to take buhari in as president in 2019 angry
oh oh what a troll u are

3 Likes

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by Flexherbal(m): 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
Congregations to him!
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by dokunbam(m): 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Mediapace:
if that is it, then am kool with it

2 Likes

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by karashita: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Good one. I pray he walks the talk. Congrats.
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by CoolAmbience(m): 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
Mr. John Momoh, very articulate and tenacious man. He is such an inspiration to young entrepreneurs in Nigeria. He deserve all the accolades he is getting and more. Congratulations to him!

2 Likes

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by Emodeee: 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
Wow!
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by gists: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
This man had a vision to establish the first news tv station in this country.
But his dream went even further than that and now his station has consistently won the best tv staion award for 9 (or 10) years CONSECUTIVELY!
Meanwhile, a certain Dokpesi also opened a tv station years before Channels came on air.

But while the younger Channels TV is busy signing MOU with UK partner, thus expanding its viewers' base, AIT is busy playing kalokalo with the funds that was meant to equip our army.
Well, what I know is if Mr John Mohmoh decides to approach the Nigerian stock exchange, I will definately buy handful of his shares.
Meanwhile, I sincerely console those unfortunate shareholders that bought into the Daar shares and those that fell for the Daarsat pay tv scam.

For the tribal bigots, this is not a tribal bash. Both Channels and AIT are from Edo state. Its just a case of one focuses on professionalism while the other on dirty politics.

I hope Mr. John will bring to BON the same quality of leadership that makes channels my best TV station (followed by NTA, TVC, BBC, CNN Al jazeera in that order)

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by oluwasegun007(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
what can i say, i love the man personality....
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by LilNetty(m): 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ok...
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
coolhmmmmmmnhmmmmmmnhmmmmmmn
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
The guy is good at broadcasting
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by Lankious(m): 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
Felicitations Sir,wishing you all the best as you serve your tenure
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by muhakeem(m): 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
Mediapace:
how?

1 Like

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
Congrats sir. Keep up the good work.
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by DICKtator: 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
erinalex:
you are a FOOL. Psychiatrist can NOT even deliver your wretched Soul.

Wooow!!!!
Hope you know that there is freedom of opinion?

I fully understand that you have expressed yours but it doesn't call for such "extreme" insults

Like seriously, Why so much bile?

grin grin grin grin
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by yomalex(m): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
Okay now

1 Like

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by Iyoma2(f): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
gists:
This man had a vision to establish the first news tv station in this country.
But his dream went even further than that and now his station has consistently won the best tv staion award for 9 (or 10) years CONSECUTIVELY!
Meanwhile, a certain Dokpesi also opened a tv station years before Channels came on air.

But while the younger Channels TV is busy signing MOU with UK partner, thus expanding its viewers' base, AIT is busy playing kalokalo with the funds that was meant to equip our army.
Well, what I know is if Mr John Mohmoh decides to approach the Nigerian stock exchange, I will definately buy handful of his shares.
Meanwhile, I sincerely console those unfortunate shareholders that bought into the Daar shares and those that fell for the Daarsat pay tv scam.

For the tribal bigots, this is not a tribal bash. Both Channels and AIT are from Edo state. Its just a case of one focuses on professionalism while the other on dirty politics.

I hope Mr. John will bring to BON the same quality of leadership that makes channels my best TV station (followed by NTA, TVC, BBC, CNN Al jazeera in that order)
commend him n stop comparing him God did not create John momoh n Dokpesi d same day.if u hav issues with Dokpesi why don't u meet him n confront him.

4 Likes

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by akinladejo: 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
dokunbam:

if that is it, then am kool with it
I love channels television
Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by samkpanam: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
Next to be celebrated will be AIT man,as the new PDP chairman, congratulations in arears to him all the way.

1 Like

Re: John Momoh Elected BON Chairman (Photo) by MrAcube(m): 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
Who the cap fits has just been crowned. More power to ur elbow Oga Momoh. Under ur leadership BON will surely breath a new life, of dat I'm certain.. .. . Congrats sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Clears EFCC To Investigate Akwa-ibom Finances / Sowore: DSS Invasion Of Court #nextlevel Of Dictatorship, Impunity- Timi Frank / 3 APC House Of Rep Members Defect To PDP In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.