Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Abc News (20/20) To Feature Story Of "Nigerian Scammers" On Friday At 10pm Et - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Abc News (20/20) To Feature Story Of "Nigerian Scammers" On Friday At 10pm Et (3199 Views)

"Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO) / October 20 [20/10] Birthday Celebrants / Breaking News: 20 Feared Dead Asgunmen Sacks Police Station, Prison Inadamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abc News (20/20) To Feature Story Of "Nigerian Scammers" On Friday At 10pm Et by Rubbermaid(f): 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2006

<warning: I heard this 2nd-hand but looked it up.>

The "Nigerian Scammer" epidemic to be featured on 20/20 on Friday, Dec 8th at 10pm ET. - I verified this much wink

I also hear that the story is supposedly going to show the problem as a government-endorsed, and culturally accepted practice in Nigeria.
The "I Go Chop Your Dollar" song will be used to underscore the perception that Nigerians widely endorse 419.

My biggest agro is that they continually say "Nigerian Scammer" - it irks me.

Anyway, don't miss it - ABC 20/20 on Friday at 10pm ET. Will also be aired on World News

Read more - http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/12/churches_minist.html
Re: Abc News (20/20) To Feature Story Of "Nigerian Scammers" On Friday At 10pm Et by Raymand(m): 7:50am On Dec 07, 2006
I knew Nkem Owoh went too far with that movie/musical. . . sad
Re: Abc News (20/20) To Feature Story Of "Nigerian Scammers" On Friday At 10pm Et by jaybaby(f): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2006
Please I need to submit dis on SATURDAY ---I’v searched cant seems 2 find answers

Techniques in design & dying ---plz frnds help me out
Re: Abc News (20/20) To Feature Story Of "Nigerian Scammers" On Friday At 10pm Et by hotangel2(f): 5:59am On Dec 09, 2006
Can you believe this? On ABC's 20/20, tonight, they were talking about scammers and all of that, and we all know where it led to. NIGERIANS.

So they talked about a whole bunch of stuffs, and scammers caught on tape and all of that. So well, here's what happened. They showed that we CELEBRATE SCAMMING IN OUR COUNTRY!!

HOW you ask? They said that we celebrate it oo, and they showed Nkem owoh's "i go chop your dollar". They said that Nigerian calls oyinbo's mugus.

Well considering nkem's song, i wouldn't blame them for the conclusion they made.

Here's the link, y'all can watch and talk about this.

What is black money? Money you wash with chemicals and it turns to dollars. WOW?!!

Here's a link to watch this.

http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=scamming%20the%20scammers&from=0&to=9&type=video

The first 4 videos explain it all.

--------

I just watched it today. Didn't know there was a topic like this already.
Re: Abc News (20/20) To Feature Story Of "Nigerian Scammers" On Friday At 10pm Et by ashewo(m): 7:15am On Dec 10, 2006
thats so fuckin bad. I cant even believe it. And as far as the music video goes, i think it shouldnt be approved, I dont even know why pplle do this, they just help pple tag the already bad tagged Africa. it is really Sad. i hope they catch all of em. Only God will help us. I recieve that shit almost every fuckin day,
Re: Abc News (20/20) To Feature Story Of "Nigerian Scammers" On Friday At 10pm Et by Rubbermaid(f): 6:27am On Dec 11, 2006
this is soooo sad!!!!!!!!!

Our government has got to put a stop to this --- people are losing their lives over the 419 business.

Read the article below - long but worth it.

http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/060515fa_fact
Re: Abc News (20/20) To Feature Story Of "Nigerian Scammers" On Friday At 10pm Et by Free(f): 5:53pm On Dec 12, 2006
yea i watched it

sooo shameful and sad

scammers r runing da name of naija and africa

ya'll need to put a stop to this oooooooooooo

"I go chop ur dollar"

i cant believe theres actually made a song for 419
how disgracefull, is like u embrace it or something

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Month To All Nairalanders / Barcanista: Writtings Of A Man In Search Of His Lost Integrity / $100 Give Away!! I'm Darn Serious Too!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.