Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? (12753 Views)

Opening A Joint Bank Account With Your Bbf/gf / Your Spouse Will Not Doubt Your Trust If ... - Bamisepeters' Blog / Your Take:joint Account Or Joined Wahala? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by johnstar(m): 1:58am On Jul 28, 2016
undecided
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Lexusgs430: 1:59am On Jul 28, 2016
mizzbouqui:
As for me I can.
Guys what is your take on this?

No. Your Money Your Liberty. My Money My Liberty !!!!
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 28, 2016
Of course.
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by korazon(f): 2:02am On Jul 28, 2016
princeakins:

Then u shld pay a visit to ma ggarage, amma tk u ard n u see for ursef .. cool cool cool

Pictures or its a big lie! lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by FregeneB(m): 2:03am On Jul 28, 2016
No
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by mizzbouqui(f): 2:06am On Jul 28, 2016
Lexusgs430:

No. Your Money Your Liberty. My Money My Liberty !!!!
Joint accounts gives room for transparency and with that both spouses will have a peace of mind about their money
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by otswag(m): 2:09am On Jul 28, 2016
Yes, that's d plan but will still have my own personal account and so will she. Nobody gets access to the joint account except we both sign up on it.

1 Like

Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Exponental(m): 2:10am On Jul 28, 2016
If necessary.....
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by princeakins(m): 2:12am On Jul 28, 2016
korazon:

Pictures or its a big lie! lipsrsealed

Lol.. i dont show off on net tongue.. prefer a pm

Check ma profile cool
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Lexusgs430: 2:14am On Jul 28, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Joint accounts gives room for transparency and with that both spouses will have a peace of mind about their money

You spend your money how you wish. I spend my money as my heart lead me. We can easily transfer funds back and forth for household chores and kids stuffs when required.
You work the work, you spend your money. I work the work , i spend my money

1 Like

Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by kulrunsman79(m): 2:14am On Jul 28, 2016
Lemme think about it.......
Will soon get back to you
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Odunharry(m): 2:34am On Jul 28, 2016
Wife, Of course...

It doesn't stop her or myself from owning our own personal account
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Badgers14: 2:38am On Jul 28, 2016
rawpadgin:
yes i can

mata fact, I intend to run a joint account with my girl as soon as i put a ring on her finger

That could be very dangerous...

Goodluck though
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Jectives(m): 2:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Why not? James St Patrick did(Ghost) grin cheesy
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 28, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Lolsss, why will you wish to mary someone that plays nairabet, I believe you are joking tho
hi...you are good looking.sure we can roll together.
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by axzon: 3:03am On Jul 28, 2016
Are you talking of my company Acct or your salary Acct, because my company Acct dont bear my name how much more my wife name.
.... rules for the poor.
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by lielbree: 3:05am On Jul 28, 2016
Every income account should be joint. It leads to agree happy and successful marriage.

1 Like

Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by diva90: 3:08am On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by lielbree: 3:08am On Jul 28, 2016
rawpadgin:
yes i can

mata fact, I intend to run a joint account with my girl as soon as i put a ring on her finger
Don't let anyone discourage you. That's the best decision.
I wonder why anyone would hide money from their spouse undecided
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by lielbree: 3:10am On Jul 28, 2016
Sexxkillz:
Yup.

I'll have a joint account with her while also running my personal account. We'll both decide what percentage of our earnings will go into the joint account.
Then you and your spouse will have secrets , why the need for that?
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by lielbree: 3:10am On Jul 28, 2016
Iolo:
If you don't trust your wife well enough to run finances jointly, then what's the point of getting married to her?

YES
Good question
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by lielbree: 3:13am On Jul 28, 2016
korazon:
So that he can use all the money in our joint account to play nairabet abi.......No thank you! grin grin grin angry angry

LOL your dating some with a gambling problem, dump him before its too late.
If u already married. Pray for him. Make your account in such a way the cheque must be signed by both parties.
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by lielbree: 3:20am On Jul 28, 2016
charix:
People do it. Nothing new there. It's all part of the 'love'.

Down the line though, the shared account would remain only for formality-sake. A few years into the marriage both individuals go don wise up; separate accounts for personal use and a joint account just to say we have one.
It goes beyond that. If one spouse dies, do you know the hell the other will go through in trying to recover money in an individual account?
From probate or letter of administration to bank manager wahala, it could take years not to mention the very high inheritance tax, in lagos it's like 15%! At the end you will lose 50% or more...
All this can be cured if your spouse is signatory to your account or you both have joint account.
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by AreaFada2: 3:20am On Jul 28, 2016
Can't see any big deal in it.

Better still, a joint account separate from personal accounts. A standing order will pay a certain amount into the joint account monthly.

Because if you operated alone an account for good 15 years before marriage or even from childhood, why not keep it personal?
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by AreaFada2: 3:25am On Jul 28, 2016
lielbree:

It goes beyond that. If one spouse dies, do you know the he'll the other will go through in trying to recover money in an individual account?
From probate or letter of administration to bank manager wahala, it could take years not to mention the very high inheritance tax, in lagos it's like 15%! At the end you will lose 50% or more...
All this can be cure if your spouse is signatory to your account or you both have joint account.

All nice about inheritance BUT.......

In majority of spousal killings, money is the root cause. Maybe the rigmarole of claiming the money might discourage such act a little bit.

You never can tell. The heart of man/woman is desperately wicked. A man's/woman's worst enemy is usually within his gates. grin cheesy grin
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Ndipe(m): 3:27am On Jul 28, 2016
Yup, for household expenses.
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by NigerianScholar: 3:27am On Jul 28, 2016
Iolo:
If you don't trust your wife well enough to run finances jointly, then what's the point of getting married to her?

YES
You are talking as if trust is a permanent something

Its very very easy to lose and almost impossible to get back
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by Kazrem(m): 3:31am On Jul 28, 2016
mizzbouqui:
As for me I can.
Guys what is your take on this?

Why not? If I can marry you, what else can't I do with you?
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by lielbree: 3:35am On Jul 28, 2016
AreaFada2:

All nice about inheritance BUT.......

In majority of spousal killings, money is the root cause. Maybe the rigmarole of claiming the money might discourage such act a little bit.

You never can tell. The heart of man/woman is desperately wicked. A man's/woman's worst enemy is usually within his gates. grin cheesy grin
You simply don't trust ur spouse then. No marriage can work without trust.
Besides your spouse dose not need a joint account before they kill for money...
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by NigerianScholar: 3:38am On Jul 28, 2016
MicTayor:

hi...you are good looking.sure we can roll together.
na woman u dey find on nairaland @3:00 am
I no say u go blame buhari
Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by NigerianScholar: 3:39am On Jul 28, 2016
Kazrem:

Why not? If I can marry you, what else can't I do with you?
by the time they born lyk 5 kids for u nd carry u to court for divorce and carry lyk 70 % of ur joint account. Dats wen ull no
Some girls r snakes

1 Like

Re: Can You Operate A Joint Account With Your Spouse? by AreaFada2: 3:50am On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=lielbree post=47952958]
You simply don't trust ur spouse then. No marriage can work without trust.

My dear, trust is good, control is better. grin grin

Joke apart, fact is you never can tell. We go into things blue-eyed. Think of tomorrow too.
Remember that 50% of marriages fail these days. Virtually all trust in the beginning but we know how many end up.

Many stars have regretted losing millions in divorce, when a simple pre-nup agreement could have sorted it.

If you were enrolling in a school & you were told that 50% will not graduate, won't you think carefully first?

But sadly nobody will warn you about this reality. It's all about the wedding, party, celebration, etc. Anyone who warns you would even become your enemy, a hater who doesn't wish you well. shocked grin

It is also not that simple. Change is the only constant.

A loving trusted spouse of today can change tomorrow. Bad friends can play a part. cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

After 15 Years Of Masturbating This Is What I Discovered. / What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? / Niaralanders What The Meaning Of "Wotowoto"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.