Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State (11033 Views)

Buy Land With Genuine Certificate Of Occupancy In Ibadan(pix) / Requirements For Certificate Of Occupancy In Ogun State / How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by platinumtt: 11:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
Valid C. of O. duly confers statutory right of occupancy on the possessor and this entitles the owner right to use the land for a period of 99 years after which the C. of O. can be renewed or the land revert back to the government.

Procedures:
1. Obtain application form from Lands Department of the State.
The following documents are to be provided along with the application form;

a. Deed of Conveyance
b. One Recent Passport photograph
c. Three years tax clearance
d. Survey Plan
e. Evidence of payment for Application Form
f. Evidence of payment for Publication (Advert)
g. Evidence of payment for Charting of the survey plan

Next step;
i. Physical Inspection by the Lands Department.
11. If all listed above satisfies the requirement of the lands department, the Lands Department prepares the Certificate of Occupancy in the name of the applicant and the purpose for which the application is made.
iii. The prepared Certificate of Occupancy is then forwarded to the Governor or the designated officer for signing.
iv Once signed, the land is then entered into the intelligence sheet to be charted to prevent re-issuing of C of O to another applicant within the stipulated period of 99 years.
v. Proceed to final Stamp Duties payment
vi. Finally, Collect your valid C of O.

http://www.naijalandproperties.com/community/documentation-approval-processes-oyo/how-to-obtain-certificate-of-occupancy-in-oyo-state/

2 Likes

Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by msogunro: 1:37am On Jul 28, 2016
platinumtt:

Valid C. of O. duly confers statutory right of occupancy on the possessor and this entitles the owner right to use the land for a period of 99 years after which the C. of O. can be renewed or the land revert back to the government.

Procedures:

a. Deed of Conveyance
d. Survey Plan

Next step;
11. If all listed above satisfies the requirement of the lands department, the Lands Department prepares the Certificate of Occupancy in the name of the applicant and the purpose for which the application is made.
iii. The prepared Certificate of Occupancy is then forwarded to the Governor or the designated officer for signing.
iv Once signed, the land is then entered into the intelligence sheet to be charted to prevent re-issuing of C of O to another applicant within the stipulated period of 99 years.

http://www.naijalandproperties.com/community/documentation-approval-processes-oyo/how-to-obtain-certificate-of-occupancy-in-oyo-state/

Timely information. Thank you.

I received my "red copy" survey plan just a few days ago, and now I want to obtain my C of O.

If you buy virgin land from a family, how does one obtain a deed of conveyance? Can the land sale agreement be used in its place?

Can you explain "evidence of payment for publication"?

If I don't live in Nigeria, how do I obtain a three years tax clearance?

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by olufoluke: 6:42am On Jul 28, 2016
Okay. Good info
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by Toluwani111: 6:42am On Jul 28, 2016
Good
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by Proffdada: 6:42am On Jul 28, 2016
Did you include "omonilę" certificate of occupancy? If no, do the needful undecided
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by jazinogold(m): 6:43am On Jul 28, 2016
hmm
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by Vendoor(f): 6:43am On Jul 28, 2016
Nice Info OP cheesy
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by justino57(m): 6:44am On Jul 28, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 28, 2016
Vendoor:
Nice Info OP cheesy

Mmuuah kiss
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by trusted(m): 6:45am On Jul 28, 2016
What is the cost?
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by Thukzee01(m): 6:47am On Jul 28, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by DCTrendy(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2016
Thank you poster for this.

I have some questions please:

What is this deed of conveyance? All I have is my reg or is it red copy and the agreement of sales from the seller together with approved building plan.

2. All the 3 payments here, can you break them down and tell us this sum

3. How long will it take all together from the day o application to the day of collection?

Thanks
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by umaryusuf(m): 7:05am On Jul 28, 2016
This is higher version of R.of.O
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by remiopash: 7:07am On Jul 28, 2016
platinumtt:

Procedures:

a. Deed of Conveyance
d. Survey Plan

Next step;

I am working outside Nigeria and I have some plots I need to secure their C of O..how can I do that since they will need tax clearance ??
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by Psalmuel92(m): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2016
Seen
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by project4OO: 7:10am On Jul 28, 2016
Simple and strategic
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by laurel03(m): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2016
remiopash:

I am working outside Nigeria and I have some plots I need to secure their C of O..how can I do that since they will need tax clearance ??
good question
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by aftatechbiz(m): 7:13am On Jul 28, 2016
The op should try to let us know the total cost and how long it takes.

Interested in Building, check out this 5 bedroom duplex in Ibadan: https://www.nairaland.com/3075906/construction-5-bedroom-duplex-ibadan
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by laplace19(m): 7:18am On Jul 28, 2016
Op, my main concern is the deed of conveyance..... pls explain...
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by Exponental(m): 7:38am On Jul 28, 2016
Oyo state and their tourist governor!
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2016
Vendoor:
Nice Info OP cheesy
kiss kiss
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by nurex01(m): 8:02am On Jul 28, 2016
I don't get it at all
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by 1kinggy(m): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2016
For tax clearances, you'd have to provide for yourself and all your vendors/sellers even if they are 1000.
As at last check, I learnt it's N50,600 for each person on the seller list, this covers the required 3 years. It used to be 18,000 or there about.
So if you've bought a land from a non-tax payer, you might have to bear the cost.

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by chris4gold(m): 9:02am On Jul 28, 2016
Informative
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by Omonigeriarere: 9:04am On Jul 28, 2016
platinumtt:

Procedures:

a. Deed of Conveyance
d. Survey Plan

Next step;

I have two plots of land in Ogbomosho and I live in Lagos where I pay my tax regularly: how can I prove the evidence of tax payment for three years?

However, how much do you think the whole process can cost someone to get C of O for two plots of land?
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by uvalued(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2016
platinumtt:

Procedures:

a. Deed of Conveyance
d. Survey Plan

Next step;

will other state besimilar
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by spako4(m): 9:55am On Jul 28, 2016
How long does it take to come out after submitting all the requirements
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 28, 2016
You can call ur document, Land sales agreement or deed of conveyance. Its acceptable. For the 2 plots of land, it depends on how much you bought the land and the location. You can call me on 09056086288, to do the calculation for you.
The C of O should be ready in 5 months ( you just have to tip the people who'll take ur documents to the Commissioner or Governor) if you meet all the necessary requirements. Good luck.
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by bigass123(m): 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
Good info √
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by dadaijboy: 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by platinumtt: 5:34am On Jul 29, 2016
Having fallen victim to forged documentation where i paid 250K for building plan approval in Abuja. I have created an online community to collate information on land acquisition and documentation procedure to help prospective property owners in making informed decisions and avoid being victims to fraudsters and other related issues.

For experienced people, let us endeavor to share useful information

http://www.naijalandproperties.com/community/
Re: How To Obtain Certificate Of Occupancy In Oyo State by platinumtt: 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2016
Attached below is cost implication on various land transactions in Ibadan;

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

[[DOWNLOAD.ZIP]] Drake Nothing Was The Same (ALBUM^) / Office Renovation Design / Plots Of Land For Sale In Attan Ota Just 7mins From Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.