Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? (26019 Views)

Pastor David Ekwueme Celebrates Wife Who Agreed To Marry Him When He Had Nothing / Husband Takes Back Cheating Wife Who Got Pregnant For Her Boss - Man Recounts / Ugandan Man Dies After Bumping Into Wife Who Claimed She Traveled Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2016
cococandy:
Tough choice. I don't envy you him. If the woman was old and helpless and the wife could handle things on her own, then maybe it made sense he went for the mother.

But what about the kids. Are they little? Don't tell me he left little kids to fend for themselves.
He didnt leave the kids alone they WERE WITH THEIR MUM!!! AND THEIR MUM IS NOT HANDICAPPED!!!!!
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 28, 2016
cococandy:

He wouldn't understand that. He'd be mad at his father. Because to him the world revolves around his mom. Not knowing that if the dad was to think like him too, the world would revolve around his grandma.

And if the wife was in a situation to save either him or her mom, he wouldn't find it acceptable if she chose to save her mom instead of him. That's how the world is. Everyone is selfish.
WTF?
HIS WIFE WAS NOT HANDICAPPED!!!! SHE IS YOUNG AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO HANDLE HERSELF!!!
the same can't be said about his mum
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 28, 2016
emerged01:

It is a very difficult question. I like your answer,it shows maturity. I love my mum but my family come first. It is left for my father to take full responsibility of the needs of my mother. In a situation where you don't have the privilege to marry again,na your mum u go nack,bear you children?
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? YOU RESPONSE SHOWS A CLEAR LACK OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE! CLEARLY YOU ARE TRYING TO SCORE CHEAP POINTS WITH THE LADIES ON THIS FORUM BY APPEALLING TO THEIR EMOTIONAL THINKING?

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID SO FAR IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!
1. HIS WIFE IS YOUNG AND NOT HANDICAPPED
2. HIS MUM IS OLD AND NEEDS HELP AND YOU ARE HERE TALKING RUBBISH?
3. I CAN BET YOU ARE NOT MARRIED AT ALL AND PROBABLY AN ORPHAN TOO
4. OR MAYBE SOME ANGST FILLED CHILD WHO HATES HIS MUM FOR NOT OBEYING HIS EVERY WHIM?
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by HomeOfMe(f): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2016
midolian:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/chinese-man-slammed-for-saving-mother-instead-of-wife-from-floods-a3305336.html

Are there people for real who would have gone for the wife instead of the mother? ..if you were in his shoes nairalanders, who would you have gone for? Give your reasons grin

Lalasticlala, who would you have gone for?
My husband has asked me this question a couple of times and my answer was the same;though he feels bad. I would save my mum because I can't have another mother..,but if I'm to choose between my mum and my children,I'd definitely save my children;even my mum would rather I save the children first.

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 28, 2016
cheekyleggy:

Just shut up and never u say anything directly to me ever. Id!ot. How dare u say what I should hopefully get. You must be one of the id!0ts who use religion to cover up their st.upidity. Wicked fool, tomorrow now, this foool would padlock his mother somewhere, claiming she is a witch disturbing his wife. Mumu of the highest order.

He must love his Mother, yes! because that to me is a great test of character. Children are entirely different in this whole issue. I expect him to save his children first.

I don't wait for anybody to do anything for me. I am a strong woman. I run miles a day, work out and I'm fit. Why would I expect him to come for me and leave his elderly mother. In fact, I will join him to care for her as I would my own mother.
YOU MY DARLING ARE HEADS OVER HEELS INTELLIGENT AND BRIMMING WITH WISDOM.
He is a sucker for love trying to appeal to weak minded women here by typing rubbish

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Afritop(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2016
mattywealth:
Yeye dey smell

I will surely save my mum and then my wife.

Yeah Mum's first, then wife second
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by emerged01(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2016
lestat:

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? YOU RESPONSE SHOWS A CLEAR LACK OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE! CLEARLY YOU ARE TRYING TO SCORE CHEAP POINTS WITH THE LADIES ON THIS FORUM BY APPEALLING TO THEIR EMOTIONAL THINKING?

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID SO FAR IS ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!
1. HIS WIFE IS YOUNG AND NOT HANDICAPPED
2. HIS MUM IS OLD AND NEEDS HELP AND YOU ARE HERE TALKING RUBBISH?
3. I CAN BET YOU ARE NOT MARRIED AT ALL AND PROBABLY AN ORPHAN TOO
4. OR MAYBE SOME ANGST FILLED CHILD WHO HATES HIS MUM FOR NOT OBEYING HIS EVERY WHIM?

You are a kid. You don't know anything about marriage. I'm legally married with a kid. I can't not trade my family for anyone or anything,not even my mother. It is not wickedness,it is reality. I love family pass anything. If you hate to hear that,just Waka pass.

Mark 10 vs 9

Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”. So I should separate myself from her because of motherly love when Bible said "no one".
When you know that your mother'slove is enough for you,why do you have to leave your mother to marry another woman?

Pls don't ever insult me again,your life can become miserable if you don't yield to my warning. Pass your message without insult.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by antunbel20: 11:28am On Jul 28, 2016
y dem go dey blast the man wen im make the best descision of all time, especially now wen e b say na junky wives full everywia. abeg u try jare oga china..........na u biko
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by maryjane1997: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2016
magicminister:

so, if your husbands puts his mother before you and your children you will be perfectly fine with that?
Hopefully, you will get a man that will love his mother more than you. smiley
Even the Bible said that "a man will leave his father and mother to become one flesh with his wife".
I love this post,we all love our moms but remember our children loves der mom too,

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by maryjane1997: 11:49am On Jul 28, 2016
if am de child and happen to be de only survivor in de incidence and saw my dad save his mum,while I lose mine and my siblings,and later on get married again all in de name of wives are replaceable....my dad,his wife,and his mother,would wish I died with my family....jst saying

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Pidggin(f): 11:52am On Jul 28, 2016
cheesy
chacoonder:
Wives can do somethings for you and not everything.
What can my mother not do for me, i still don't know.

She can't sleep with you nor can both of you procreate.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by jbnm: 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
Any1 who insult dis man has a rough childhood.No woman can ever take a mum place.simple
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by jbnm: 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
Any1 who insult dis man has a rough childhood.No woman can ever take a mum place.When am down ma so called will one day be fed up with me bt a mother will alwayz be there for u simple
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by leofab(f): 12:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
magicminister:
that was a tough call. I don't ever wanna be in such situation.
I would want my wife to rescue me first so i guess i would have to also rescue my wife and Children before my mom.
Its my dad's duty to rescue my mom.
I would also try to rescue my mom no matter how difficult it gets but my wife and children comes first.

As a child, i don't think i would ever forgive my dad if he rescued my grandmother instead of my mother.

am a woman but you disgust me.. Now the lady has left definitely to wife another man.. But your mother can't leave you to mother another man... What if after lossing your mother trying to save your wife and she leaves or cheat on you another day? Can your mother ever cheat on you ? Would she has left if the man went to get her own Mother ? Answer my questions okay...will your mother ever leave you because you saved your wife Instead of her ? no because her love for you is undiluting...

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
GdexFolami:
oro ago lon so mehn..oro rirun,am so disappointed in those words of yours.that your babe wil save her mother before thinking about you.
Lol, baba. I just dey joke. Na mention I dey find...

grin grin
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
lestat:

Lol, baba. I just dey joke. Na mention I dey find...

grin grin
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
emerged01:

You are a kid. You don't know anything about marriage. I'm legally married with a kid. I can't not trade my family for anyone or anything,not even my mother. It is not wickedness,it is reality. I love family pass anything. If you hate to hear that,just Waka pass.

Mark 10 vs 9

Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”. So I should separate myself from her because of motherly love when Bible said "no one".
When you know that your mother'slove is enough for you,why do you have to leave your mother to marry another woman?

Pls don't ever insult me again,your life can become miserable if you don't yield to my warning. Pass your message without insult.

I knew it, i told my colleague now that if you responded you were gonna quote the Bible.
you are so full of it junior! please go and entertain lil toddlers with this your wanna be compassionate fraud of a make believe married man.

Rubbish!!!
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by bukatyne(f): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
Clicked the link and while others slimmed him for saving his mother, One Adeyemo Afeez supports his decisions....

Would it be a leap to say Adeyemo Afeez is a Nigerian man.? grin

@OP:

The story is not clear....

The flood was spreading to his village (so their house was not yet flooded and the danger not imminent?)

He told his wife and kids to climb the roof while he took his mother (to where?)

Was the plan to come back for the wife and kids and he stays with his mother at wherever while wifey and kids stay on the roof?

Honestly, I can't get the meat of the story.

P.S.: Is the man standing on a plank the same man? Who took the pictures? Where is the family on the roof? Where else could he have taken mama to?

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by trentslawson(m): 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
if you think the mother needs to be save "click" like, if not click share
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by mebad(m): 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
lestat:

Went through your profile and was disappointed finding out you an old man with little sense . You don't necessarily have to subscribe to my opinion but you definetly must respect it . Live and let others live in peace .
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by V0lv0(f): 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
This is a really tough decision but the father was wrong in my opinion. Just because his wife is younger and stronger is not a guarantee that she would survive. He basically put his wife and kids at risk.

His mother is older and has at least lived her life. What if she died tomorrow? The wife is younger and still has a lot to live for. The kids need their mother too. Yes the husband could get a new wife but the kids would never get another mother. This would also cause a strain in his relationship with his kids.

When you get married then your immediate family becomes your first priority. If you are willing to let them die then you don't love your wife and whats the point of remaining married.

1 Like

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
mebad:

Went through your profile and was disappointed finding out you an old man with little sense . You don't necessarily have to subscribe to my opinion but you definetly must respect it . Live and let others live in peace .

WTF? how ignorant are you? guess you wanted my attention? now you got it. so......?
You are a dolt with the IQ level of an earthworm undecided
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by mebad(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
lestat:

WTF? how ignorant are you? guess you wanted my attention? now you got it. so......?
You are a dolt with the IQ level of an earthworm undecided

Keep showing your stupidity.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Femistico(m): 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
wife plenty for town buh momma is just one and I dnt joke with her...infact my sister,brother first b4 any wife
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Swaggygal: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
[i][/i] in Chris Brown's voice
'this gals ain't loyal'.I dey craze make i leave my swt mama.person wey born me,clothed me,feed me,show me natural love,i go come leave,may thunder fire me if i ever leave my mama
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
mebad:

Keep showing your stupidity.

Like i said, its clear you where educated in an institute for children with special needs grin
Frustration is not grounds for you to vent on the internet
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Reference(m): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
grin we've gone over this issue time and again...and my answer remains the same. As a Christian I don't believe I will be faced with such a choice by His mercies but if I have the answer is clear, it is wife first. That is God's will, that is the future, that is my destiny, that is logical. It is everything that should be. The other choice is one of emotion alone, nothing more and I look at it from the other side too. I will not wish my child to choose me over his or her future and destiny, that will be selfish.
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by cococandy(f): 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
lestat:

He didnt leave the kids alone they WERE WITH THEIR MUM!!! AND THEIR MUM IS NOT HANDICAPPED!!!!!
why are you shouting? Dude go sort your issues mehn.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by cococandy(f): 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
The things we will never know. cheesy
bukatyne:
Clicked the link and while others slimmed him for saving his mother, One Adeyemo Afeez supports his decisions....

Would it be a leap to say Adeyemo Afeez is a Nigerian man.? grin

@OP:

The story is not clear....

The flood was spreading to his village (so their house was not yet flooded and the danger not imminent?)

He told his wife and kids to climb the roof while he took his mother (to where?)

Was the plan to come back for the wife and kids and he stays with his mother at wherever while wifey and kids stay on the roof?

Honestly, I can't get the meat of the story.

P.S.: Is the man standing on a plank the same man? Who took the pictures? Where is the family on the roof? Where else could he have taken mama to?

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
cococandy:
why are you shouting? Dude go sort your issues mehn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by dadaijboy: 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
My mum is bae
Re: Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
magicminister:
that was a tough call. I don't ever wanna be in such situation.
I would want my wife to rescue me first so i guess i would have to also rescue my wife and Children before my mom.
Its my dad's duty to rescue my mom.
I would also try to rescue my mom no matter how difficult it gets but my wife and children comes first.

As a child, i don't think i would ever forgive my dad if he rescued my grandmother instead of my mother.

Fresh perspective

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe / I Hereby Denounce Feminism With Everything In Me. / Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.