Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) (52276 Views)

Nigerian Woman Who Many Called Barren Gives Birth At 40 Years Old (photos) / Pregnant Lady Who Survived Fire Burn Shares Lovely Pregnancy Photos / Pregnancy Photos Of A Woman And Her Oyinbo Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by dre11(m): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2016
by Tajudeen Adebanjo,

19-year old woman Mutiat Abiona has given birth to a baby girl without knowing that she was pregnant all through nine-month pregnancy period.

She delivered the baby at Ilu Iboro, on Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway when she went to visit a relative. The baby weighs 4.0kg.

According to an eyewitness, Mutiat at the relative’s place complained of stomach pain and before the people knew what was happening, signs of a baby’s impending arrival were seen.

“They quickly partitioned a side of the house with clothes and delivered the woman of the baby.

She gave birth to the baby beside the wall there. In fact, they used blade to cut the umbilical cord,” he said.

Neighbours, who were surprised by the development called for a nearby doctor’s assistance.

Before the doctors’ arrival, she was attended to by some midwives.

“On arrival, two doctors just cleaned up the baby. They were from the General Hospital. I was with her when she had the baby. They went to greet someone there when she started having contractions. She had a baby boy and he weighed 4.0kg.

It was the women who live in the house that attended to her when the contractions started,” he said.

She denied having knowledge of the pregnancy but admitted having a boyfriend who she gave his name as Lekan, a 20-year-old brick layer.

According to her, she usually met Lekan at Akeola Street on the Expressway whenever she visited her Aunt on weekends.

“You can imagine, neither she nor her Lekan boyfriend knew about the pregnancy. This is surprising,” he said.

Mutiat’s mother, who was at the scene, corroborated her daughter’s claim, saying they had gone to do some tests in the hospital and they were told that there was nothing in her womb.

“From my investigations, she told me that she always met the guy every weekend when she went to her aunt’s place. She lives with me and throughout these last nine months, there was no sign of the pregnancy. She still wrote the last November/December West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE).

She did not know that she was pregnant,” she said.

However, a medical doctor Monsurah Kadri described the incident as nothing new.
Dr Kadri said “it is not a new occurrence.”

“We do see it. It is possible that her stomach would not bulge. She would notice some bodily changes but the fact that she does not have people who are really observant would not make her think along that line.

“When some people despite being pregnant, still see some blood, they may think they are on their period but it is not.

“She also did not go for ante-natal. So, there would be no cause to screen her. There was a case we had when I was still in the university.

The patient denied all the questions posed to her. It was when her stomach was opened up that we saw uterus bulging. Nobody thought of pregnancy. Her parents were worried about her because nobody knew what was wrong. Unfortunately, they didn’t do pregnancy test.

“Since she didn’t have older people experience enough to notice those subtle changes, she could not have known. Also, being a teenager, it is common among them. Even if she notices that she is getting fatter, she may be doing many things to hide it. It is not strange,” the doctor explained.

http://thenationonlineng.net/woman-gives-birth-without-aware-pregnancy/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by DanceVille: 8:07am On Jul 28, 2016
Lol! She be witch?

The girl must have watched a lot of yoruba movies for her using that excuse...

"I never knew I was pregnant"..
#Shoroninyen?...

And the mother be like "I know she's seeing a guy at her aunty residence"...

I didn't blame her sha since the bricklayer dude is giving her #500 everyday.
.."Just my thinking"

#Orisirisi...

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by Nickymezor(f): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2016
Wat weird tale undecided... hmmmm I'm astonished shocked

1 Like

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by Benjom(m): 8:15am On Jul 28, 2016
She's a strong woman without issues with 'body sensitivity'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by Exponental(m): 8:16am On Jul 28, 2016
"I never knew I was pregnant"- Nigeria version just made. For those that have watched different episodes on dstv, this is not new to us.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 28, 2016
Hmm
No baby bump √
No morning sickness √
No baby kick or something √
And her period(s) was observed √

The toddler deserves the name MIRACLE. undecided

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by TheArchangel(f): 8:23am On Jul 28, 2016
The patient denied all the questions posed to her. It was when her stomach was opened up that we saw uterus bulging. Nobody thought of pregnancy. Her parents were worried about her because nobody knew what was wrong. Unfortunately, they didn’t do pregnancy test.

This report above doesn't make sense nor corelate with the body of the piece of sh!t 'journalism' report I just read. We delivered the baby at home by neighbours then midwives... then cleaned by two doctors at General Hospital ..questioning where? Then stomach opened up and the uterus was bulging horseshit....

Somebody should please explain this. Thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by Mikylopez(f): 8:24am On Jul 28, 2016
its been happening she's not the first

4 Likes

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by montezz(f): 8:36am On Jul 28, 2016
Na lie. Even Mary knew she was gonna have Jesus.
The girl jux dey code ni.

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 28, 2016
TheArchangel:
This report above doesn't make sense nor corelate with the body of the piece of sh!t 'journalism' report I just read. We delivered the baby at home by neighbours then midwives... then cleaned by two doctors at General Hospital ..questioning where? Then stomach opened up and the uterus was bulging horseshit....

The doctor said “There was a case we had”

He was narrating an incident of another patient.
Settle down and read again. It's self explanatory.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by veekid(m): 8:53am On Jul 28, 2016
How's that possible? Babycherry you hear?
Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by thorpido(m): 9:14am On Jul 28, 2016
TheArchangel:

Read the whole report again.....slowly

13 Likes

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by TheArchangel(f): 11:33am On Jul 28, 2016
VolT0xic:

The doctor said “There was a case we had”

He was narrating an incident of another patient.
Settle down and read again. It's self explanatory.
thorpido:
Read the whole report again.....slowly
Sorry sirs. I feel nauseated when i saw the heading so I peruse through without assimilating a damn thing.

1 Like

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by DONSMITH123(m): 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
End time
Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by veekid(m): 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
Iro nla, I don't know I'm pregnant how's this possible Babycherry?
Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by anochuko01(m): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
It happened to a South African friend of mine...I never believed her o!
I'm sure they would have known if the girl had told them she had been doing stuffs outside the housegrin but she didn't tell coz of fear. the parents too...they never thought of it, why? they over trusted the girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by Sijo01(f): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
Incredible!
Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by neweraomo: 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
so the baby didn't kick?? at all? throughout the whole pregnancy?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by 0955eb027(m): 12:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hmmmn! Nothing wey we no go hear.
Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by kaen1317: 12:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
Virgin Mary? Please check if her name is Mary
Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by tintingz(m): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Better talk true.

5 Likes

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by freshness2020: 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by DONSMITH123(m): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
TheArchangel:

take your time to read again dear.
Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by cruzita(f): 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
grin
na do we dey take produce lai Mohammeds

4 Likes

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by OscaZee: 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
That's one hell of a baby,4kg? wow..

1 Like

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by Cherishing(f): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
Bubu's change taking place in a angles grin
Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by joecooper(m): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
In Lai Mohammeds voice "The current dollar price must have made her not to have notice the pregnancy" grin

9 Likes

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by WHOcarex: 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ifa hear

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by pdudy: 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
She sure don't look like a teenager to me o. That one na aunty grin

6 Likes

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by johnstar(m): 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
undecided

Nigerian gals and unwanted pregnancy

1 Like

Re: Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) by miracle001(f): 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
VolT0xic:
Hmm
No baby bump √
No morning sickness √
No baby kick or something √
And her period(s) was observed √

The toddler deserves the name MIRACLE. undecided

Nooooo..... Not miracle But magic wink wink cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Friend’s Wife Is Cheating / John Triplets: Cute Identical Triplet Guys / Apetamin Weight Gain Syrup 200ml For Children And Entire Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.