Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria (47698 Views)

5 Duplexes In Gowon Estate On Fire In Lagos (Photo) / MODERN SEMI-DETACHED DUPLEXES In OSAPA (pictures) / Building Detached Duplexes In Lekki (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by twinskenny(m): 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
Boss good luck on this one... Benin is a lovely city

1 Like

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abouzaid: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
abdulwastecx:
More updates
nice work but you didn't state your foundation depth.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
abouzaid:
nice work but you didn't state your foundation depth.

Ok boss.
Minimum depth of strip = 900mm below ground level
Depth of isolated pad footings = 900 +225 = 1125mm

1 Like

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
twinskenny:
Boss good luck on this one... Benin is a lovely city

Thank you sir.... How is our baby doing?
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by johnson232: 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
these works are extremely neat i must say... i thought the plinth beam is only for the exterior walls?

1 Like

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 6:31am On Jul 29, 2016
johnson232:
these works are extremely neat i must say... i thought the plinth beam is only for the exterior walls?

Plinth beam can both be for interior and exterior walls.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by twinskenny(m): 10:49am On Jul 29, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Thank you sir.... How is our baby doing?
fine thank you sir
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by johnson232: 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Plinth beam can both be for interior and exterior walls.
ok sir... maybe cost restrict people.

don't know if u will be kind enough to recommend a good waterproof cement, want to use it for my sceptic tank plastering.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
johnson232:

ok sir... maybe cost restrict people.

don't know if u will be kind enough to recommend a good waterproof cement, want to use it for my sceptic tank plastering.

Gbadesy is an expert in that regard... You can contact him for help sir..
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by johnson232: 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Gbadesy is an expert in that regard... You can contact him for help sir..
thanks
cc: Gbadesy any recommendations about water proof cement for sceptic tank sir...
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by olumz1: 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Foundation block work
Foundation block is 9 inch or 225mm thick (450 x 225 x 225).

Height of block work up to dpc level = five courses of block work.
Mix ratio of mortar 1:6

Hi abdulwastecx, please can you confirm hoe deep the foundation is, if you had steps in the digging and if you had 5 courses all around.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 7:11am On Aug 02, 2016
Dominionng:
Front seat taken!
You just dey fast abi angry grin
In other news the back seat at angle 90 taken at least I can see and hear all the noise makers from there.
These days I ha e upgraded I write with iPad grin grin
@abdulwastecx
More oil in your works fire down nothing do U. grin
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by 4nobody4every1: 7:14am On Aug 02, 2016
cool
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 7:15am On Aug 02, 2016
abdulwastecx:
I am opening the thread to showcase different method of duplexes construction in Nigeria.

So many of our job underway in different part of the country will be showcased here.
Like how much can some one keep for a good duplexes ?
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by Oguieke(m): 7:20am On Aug 02, 2016
your works here are generally poor starting from foundation excavation, blinding, bar placement, the oversight concrete, to the d.p.c block work,also your mix ratio is something else even when you claim its 1:2:4,the work here are generally poor.next time try to consult an experienced and COREN certified structural Engr to guide you properly to avoid hard I known. thanks.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by Ahmed0336(m): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2016
ihedioramma:
Like how much can some one keep for a good duplexes ?
there are many things to put into consideration. Location, soil type, cost of labour, building design, type of finishing etc. Op ll brief you more

1 Like

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by numen(m): 7:27am On Aug 02, 2016
Oguieke:
your works here are generally poor starting from foundation excavation, blinding, bar placement, the oversight concrete, to the d.p.c block work,
It's not fair to castigate someone's work without good reasons. Mind you, not all reading and following this thread have eagle eyes sharpened by experience and knowledge. Please what made his works poor?

Oguieke:
also your mix ratio is something else even when you claim its 1:2:4,the work here are generally poor.
Again how where you able to deduce the mix ratio is something else other than 1:2:4 by sight? Please explain.

Oguieke:
next time try to consult an experienced and COREN certified structural Engr to guide you properly to avoid hard I known. thanks.
Had I known?

2 Likes

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by bablononi(m): 7:40am On Aug 02, 2016
Nice one, following . Please that camera you used in between, don't use it again. Thanks
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by segneyukk(m): 7:42am On Aug 02, 2016
Nice thread...let me pitch my tent here.
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by Bondesniger(m): 7:44am On Aug 02, 2016
Nice one there

1 Share

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by yousee(m): 7:50am On Aug 02, 2016
Oguieke:
your works here are generally poor starting from foundation excavation, blinding, bar placement, the oversight concrete, to the d.p.c block work,also your mix ratio is something else even when you claim its 1:2:4,the work here are generally poor.next time try to consult an experienced and COREN certified structural Engr to guide you properly to avoid hard I known. thanks.
I wish you had given reasons or at best the correct works he should have done.
Pls be constructive.

2 Likes

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by initiate: 7:56am On Aug 02, 2016
where is the floor plan?
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by awakeuche(m): 8:01am On Aug 02, 2016
Oguieke:
i disagree with you sir, as a coren registered engineer, you should know that there are a number of ways to build a strong foundation without necessarily spending so much on steel and cement. His mix ratio as he said is 1:2:4, which is as strong as any mix and which also cannot be discerned by mere eyesight alone. He mentioned foundation width using a textbook formula, which i myself dont bother with, as i have learnt that the size of block x 3 will give u even better result. The blinding from what i saw there is at least 100mm thick which in our climate is proper, about bar placement, mr op i concur with the coren guy, at least take pictures of properly tied reinforcements as i saw one of the plinth beams had very minimal amount of links than it should have, sagging everywhere. As for the oversite concrete, op i didnt see any form of reinforcement or hardcore before the picture, did you skip. As for the plinth beams holding the columns above grade, i would have cast someway and then use steel mesh to run on the oversite to transfer all loads evenly. This is not really necessary though if you dont have the cash. My contribution all in all is that for our climate this foundation will serve properly, its not the strongest foundation but it will serve.
The dimensions of your pads are big enough to withstand any extra dead load, the depth is standard, plinth beams were introduced, proper cold rolled steel were used, and mix ratio is the best grade, alll and all a sound work. Carry on mate, i have officially signed up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by ages2020: 8:02am On Aug 02, 2016
great work
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by ThundrCork(m): 8:06am On Aug 02, 2016
Folllowing
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by skup008(m): 8:08am On Aug 02, 2016
Following.....
Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 02, 2016
Many at time, we waste so much materials on building in Nigeria, yet without realizing structures that can stand the test of time - citing the number of caved building stories that abounds.

In the cause of my globetrotting, I have realized that in many countries they do not waste money on german floors for residential duplexes and even in some industrial buildings as we do in this country, yet you will never see or hear about buildings collapsed stories like we have in this country.

We sure have shortage of qualified indigenous professionals and quality raw materials.

2 Likes

Re: How We Build Duplexes In Nigeria by Lolostical12: 8:23am On Aug 02, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Foundation footings concreting work:
The foundation foot was casted with the following aggregates :
19.5mm coarse aggregates (ganite/gravel)
River sharp sand and ordinary Portland cement.

Mix ratio was 1:2:4 by weight
There is noting like casted.Cast is cast

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria's Women Private Jet Owners / Eko Atlantic City,lagos, New Constructed Artificial Water-way / Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.