Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

How Far Can You Go? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Far Can You Go? (338 Views)

How Far Can I Boost My Cgpa At This Level / Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / How Far Can Someone Go (i.e Use)nin Slip, The Temporal Id Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Far Can You Go? by cliffuniben(m): 8:44am On Jul 28, 2016
Memeh Street, one of the adjoining streets at Agbor Delta state was temporarily suspended of both vehicular and pedestrian movement on the 16th of September 2013 for more than an hour. The incident /event that culminated into the temporary closure of this busy road had since been dubbed “ Man’s ultimate sacrifice”. This story always makes me feel sad, guilty and sometimes with some measure of anger---you will soon know why!
It all started when Chinyere, the first daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ehiedu ignited a fire in their kitchen unknowingly to her that the gas cylinder they filled a day before had almost totally evaporated. Before she could drop the match box, fire has engulfed the whole kitchen, but thank God she managed to escape unscathed.
The magnitude of the fire was beyond measure—people started scampering for safety. Neighbours and sympathizers exerted their utmost strengths and within a short time they were able to evacuate many occupants to safe areas but nobody dared to tempt the fire, if anybody has tried that, it would have been tantamount to a full-fledged suicide mission. There was agony, wailing and interminable weeping over the millions of properties that would be destroyed.
They watched with desperation and exasperation as fire wrecked an unthinkable havoc to a building that was housing a little more than 18 tenants. Fire fighters were nowhere to be found, everybody was helpless, hapless and hard-put to help.
In a sudden twist of events and to the shock of everybody, a known tenant in that building screamed aloud rolling on the ground almost immediately; her 8months old only boy child was lying in their bedroom deeply asleep just near the beehive of this great inferno. The fire in its avalanche nature was progressing very fast to every nook and cranny of the building. She wailed, she wept and she rolled bitterly on the ground as the fire engulfed their apartment. Oh!!! Her only male child was going to die, his first birthday they have started planning towards can’t and won’t happen anymore----why me? She asked thin air and wept the more--Sympathizers, neighbours and onlookers could not control their tears---oh oh why is this life unfair? Cried an aged woman who has learnt of the number of years it took her to conceive the little boy.
The father of the child through the help of some men tried to enter inside the building but he turned back immediately, having seen clearly that his own death was inevitable, if he continued-----It was truly a bitter but a right decision!
The street was blocked at both ends by crowds and vehicles. Men and women were trooping in to catch a glimpse of this teary scene---in fact it would have been a big sin and even nature himself would have judged anybody that had dared to cross to the other side.
As fire invaded the room, were the little boy was fast-asleep, a helper came.
A 27 years old man named Vincent, an accounting graduate from Delta state University Abraka moved towards the building with his parents watching and shouting his name from the crowd. Vincent did not listen to anybody, the shout of fire and death couldn’t deter him, he vowed to enter into the building and save the little boy’s life---he pulled his shirt, ran inside and he never looked back.
He threw the little child through the window, and the child was immediately taken to central hospital Agbor, Vincent also managed to come out; he was rushed to the same hospital brutally and murderously wounded. The doctors confirmed he had a fourth degree burns and that his internal organs were affected. When news crew visited him on his sick bed, he said with every bit of conviction that there was no regret to what he did for the little boy; he said he was ready to sacrifice even worse to better the life of his fellow man.
A month after he was rushed to the hospital, He died; yes he gave up the ghost and was unable to sell death with his good heart. But two days after his death, the little boy he saved was discharged from the hospital. Vincent death shook the whole Agbor to its foundation and his parents were left totally crestfallen.
The little boy he saved has now started school but the man that saved his life has long been forgotten.
But if I ask, how far can you go?
I was proud of Vincent, not only because he thought me to always be good to my fellow man, but for his illustrations and exemplary life style, he died a hero and his good works will always remember him as the best.
He died for the course he believed in, which is to be of help to the helpless!!
You that is reading this, what are you doing to better the life of your neighbours? Just look by your side you will see souls languishing in abject poverty and pains, or you feel it doesn’t concern you? My dear it does! You may not sacrifice like Vincent but the little you can do will go a long way. Life is nothing without a friend---your friends need your help dearly.
Politicians what will you again by embezzling our national wealth, a man like Vincent lived in the same country with you before his demise, please amend your ways. Know it today that life is more than money—make an impact in people’s lives, let the masses be proud of you and you won’t regret you did!
You will only be remembered by your sacrifice and the help you rendered to the vulnerable! Let’s be our brother’s keeper, let’s sacrifice for one another, show selflessness and shun selfishness, make Vincent proud wherever he is-----
It’s only one life and surely you can make it count!!!! Thank you
Re: How Far Can You Go? by youngest85(m): 8:55am On Jul 28, 2016
ok

(1) (Reply)

Http://myschoollatest.net/index.php/2016/07/29/ncce-accredits-17-academic-progra / I Need Your Help! / I Need Clarity On This....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.