Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood (3216 Views)

Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption / Woman Dumps Her Husband Over Short Manhood / Woman Dumps Her Husband After He Lost Bank Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Ishilove: 10:39am On Jul 28, 2016
Mother will always be mother...

A man trapped in devastating floods in China was forced to make a split second decision - whether to save his mum or his wife. And now, he's in big trouble for it.

At least 112 people died, 91 others have gone missing as torrential rains swept through China.

According to MirrorUK, the man's village was almost completely wiped out when he got faced with the terrible choice and he abandoned his wife to dash across town and save his mother.

The man left his home, where his wife, two kids and ailing father live, and bolted across his village to
save his mum, leaving his other family members to fend for themselves.

Gao Fengshou, the 39-year-old husband, had known that a serious storm was on its way to Daxian Village, in Xingtai City of North China's Hebei Province.

But while the rest of his family stayed up worrying, he made no plans and went to sleep instead until he was woken by his wife, Zhang Xiaoyan, aged 30.

But instead of getting Zhang, his children and his elderly father out of the house, he left the home in a hurry and dashed across the village to save his mum, whose old family home was already waist-deep in water.

Gao successfully saved his mum, but then found out he could not return to his home as the floodwaters were already up to his chest.

After waiting several hours for the water to recede, he rushed back to his house and was relieved to find Zhang, the kids, aged four and two, and his dad huddled on the roof, having survived the flood.

Reports said his wife who had been married to him for five years immediately took the kids and what little remained of her belongings and left the village.

She apparently felt betrayed by her husband, who chose his mum over her.

Zhang reportedly returned to her parents' home in East China's Shandong Province, where Gao has now gone to beg for her forgiveness.

If you were Zhang, would you be mad that your husband abandoned you like this to go save his mum?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/07/woman-dumps-husband-of-5-years-after-he.html

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by DanceVille: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2016
This is really a hard and puzzling event..

Seriously.. If I were in that situation.. Mehn! I don't know what to do..

I'd rather split myself into two..

A part for my mum and a part for my wife...

That's gonna be the time you'll wish you're a SUPERMAN..

Buh, I'll rather save my mum first before my wife because atleast she's still strong to fight for herself..

3 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Flexherbal(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2016
What a difficult situation!

1 Like

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 28, 2016
Ishilove:

this is one decision I never pray to come across in my life.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by EMMYLBANKS(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2016
abeg 5years and 39years na d xame...if am in his shoes i will do the same i only knew that lady for just five years but that woman 39years,am sorry to make this statement ,that mum i can only have her once but wife and children i can still have them again

3 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Heshei: 11:05am On Jul 28, 2016
Its a simple equation ... the chances of the wife to survive is higher than that of the mother. S he did no wrong. She has enough years to still enjoy him. make she chill biko

3 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 28, 2016
EMMYLBANKS:
abeg 5years and 39years na d xame...if am in his shoes i will do the same i only knew that lady for just five years but that woman 39years,am sorry to make this statement ,that mum i can only have her once but wife and children i can still have them again
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by yvelchstores(f): 11:19am On Jul 28, 2016
CANT U GUYS READ . HE LEFT HIS WIFE AND children TO SAVE HIS MOTHER...haba,what is that Na? the children meant nothing to him? haba

9 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by byvan03: 11:36am On Jul 28, 2016
What a shame, protector of the home indeed!! You left your young family to save a woman that has seen her grand kids. Good none of his family member died though . Certainly the wife now knows where his loyalty lies, so it's time to adjust hers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Pidggin(f): 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
If he doesn't love his wife and kids more than his mother then he should marry his mum.

6 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Cadamlk: 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
Once upon a puzzle turns reality.

The guy messed up real bad.

He had the chance to save four people under the same roof but abandoned them to save only one person elsewhere.

Taking a critical look at the situation,it was his wife that technically saved his life by waking him up. So,what will cost him not to move his wife,children and ailing father to a safe place first before going after his mother?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by An0nimus: 12:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
It's a gamble guys. At that point, the odds of losing his mother was way higher than that of losing his wife and kids. His mistake was not securing his wife and kids first or at least giving them instructions on how to do so. It was a split decision thing so that is understandable. Not like he didn't try going back to save his family.

7 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Ranchhoddas: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
Double post
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Ranchhoddas: 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
Why the wife dey complain na? It turned out well eventually. If I be the man I go lie say angel appear for my dream tell me say na my mama make I save, say the wife and children go survive last last. If na Nigerian woman she go believe me, follow me dey thank God sef for the revelation.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2016
yvelchstores:
CANT U GUYS READ . HE LEFT HIS WIFE AND children TO SAVE HIS MOTHER...haba,what is that Na? the children meant nothing to him? haba

The guy doesn't have fear of God at all. He would have considered his kids, if at all the wife means 'nothing' to him.
Why is it always men saying this no one like my mother, my mother first... shii, are they the only one born by a woman? Did the wife fall out from a coconut?
Do they suddenly know the importance/pains of motherhood more than women that actually experience it?

16 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by iebanehita(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
While I don't expect an monicker with the (f) sign/ the females to take sides with the guy, What he did was inhumane.

They say, whoever gives birth doesn't 'die'

Only if the man can see himself and his future through the eyes of his children.

The mother has lived her life, its time for his family to live theirs.

1 Like

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by ademoladeji(m): 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ishilove:

Ishi, this is very serious to say the least.

1. The wife could be agile n strong enough to save herself, the kids n the fada-in-law while the man left to save the mum.
-No life lost

2. Imagine the man staying back to be with the immediate family. The mum could have been towed away by the flood.
-a life could have been lost

3. Ditto 1. above but imagining the man unable to get to the mum.

- 2 lives could have been lost

What a scenario!!!

2 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Ishilove: 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
southniyikaye:
this is one decision I never pray to come across in my life.
My dear ehn...

I don't begrudge him going to save his mother. Haba, I will be someone's mother one day so I'm looking at it from the POV of his mum.

1 Like

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Ishilove: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
An0nimus:
It's a gamble guys. At that point, the odds of losing his mother was way higher than that of losing his wife and kids. His mistake was not securing his wife and kids first or at least giving them instructions on how to do so. It was a split decision thing so that is understandable. Not like he didn't try going back to save his family.
Exactly. He may have seen that they were not in immediate danger that's why he rushed to go save his mum
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Adesiji77: 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ishilove, eleyi gidi gan o...
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by justwise(m): 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
The man made the right-difficult decision, you can only have one mother but marriage can end and you marry again, the same can't be said about mother

The wife has the right to be angry but leaving her husband because he went to save his mother is silly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by ogawisdom(m): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
Everyone survived d wife shld thank God joor d aged mother would have died if nt dt he made her a priority knowing his wife n kids r pretty safe cool

Judging frm d outcome d man made d right decision undecided
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Ishilove: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
Adesiji77:
Ishilove, eleyi gidi gan o...
Egbon, you can say that again
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Despirado121(m): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
Chai!! Eleyi critical oo. I dnt even knw wat to say. Baba God, plz dnt let me fall into dis kind of dilema o amen/amin o
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Adaeze003(f): 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ya'll should chill... maybe the storm was more intense in some areas than others? Maybe his mom was completely helpless and alone? There's a lot of reasons why he'll just dash out and head for his mom and I don't think he loves his wife and kids any less.

I don't know the full story sha but the chances of a 30 year old surviving on her own with kids beat that of a 60-70 year old alone.

Then again, if you think he was too hard on his family, how did they survive it? She most likely used her God given brain to think up a solution and acted on it like a normal human being is supposed to instead of lying helplessly waiting for superman to save her. Thinking again sef, he might have trusted that she could handle the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by MRBrownJ: 12:43am On Aug 01, 2016
he did what he thought was necessary at the time, and although it was the right choice (nobody in their family died), he has to live with the consequences of leaving his wife and kids when they needed him the most. wifey cant be blamed for her decision, as it is understandable.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by uboma(m): 4:44am On Aug 01, 2016
Ishilove:

My dear ehn...

I don't begrudge him going to save his mother. Haba, I will be someone's mother one day so I'm looking at it from the POV of his mum.

lol.

Good to know that you are on the side of the mother.
the mother was vulnerable and needed help more than his immediate family at the time.
I would do the same if I was the one.
The man should give the wife sometime, she will retrace her steps...

1 Like

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Fkforyou(m): 6:47am On Aug 01, 2016
His only mistake was not making adequate preparation to ensure his family were safe as he went to sleep the night before.

But on a second thought. Is the life of 1 person worth the lives of 4?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Acidosis(m): 7:30am On Aug 01, 2016
New generational women like the wife believe in gender equality so she's equal with the hubby, and should be strong enough to save herself.

The man did no wrong. The woman would act in the same manner if the decision involves her husband and her father.

A typical Nigerian woman will save her father before the husband.

1 Like

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by bukatyne(f): 9:17am On Aug 01, 2016
Acidosis:
New generational women like the wife believe in gender equality so she's equal with the hubby, and should be strong enough to save herself.

The man did no wrong. The woman would act in the same manner if the decision involves her husband and her father.

A typical Nigerian woman will save her father before the husband

Even you knows that is not true

And this gender equality reference in unrelated topics is not necessary; or did Gao's wife tell you she believed in gender equality.

6 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by bukatyne(f): 9:22am On Aug 01, 2016
@Topic:

Now we have the full story, I don't see what the husband did wrong. His father was even with his wife and kids so he did not 'neglect' them because he thinks they are less important.
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Adaeze003(f): 9:34am On Aug 01, 2016
Acidosis:

A typical Nigerian woman will save her father before the husband.

I'm sorry but I have to call you out on your hypocrisy. If any other person had said this, I woulda been all for it but You? Gender equality? You believe a woman is equal to a man in marriage? Because your other posts on here say otherwise.

You shouldn't form opinions based on convenience(typical Nigerian man attitude). Pick a side and stick to it... or not, I can't tell you what to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

5yrs Old In A Boarding School / My Wife Has To Pack Out Of The House If She ..... (photo) / Why Do Some Women Deny Their Husband Sex After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.