Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood (3215 Views)

Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption / Woman Dumps Her Husband Over Short Manhood / Woman Dumps Her Husband After He Lost Bank Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Acidosis(m): 9:37am On Aug 01, 2016
bukatyne:

Even you knows that is not true

And this gender equality reference in unrelated topics is not necessary; or did Gao's wife tell you she believed in gender equality.
grin grin

So now you agree men and women are not equal?
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Acidosis(m): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2016
Adaeze003:

I'm sorry but I have to call you out on your hypocrisy. If any other person had said this, I woulda been all for it but You? Gender equality? You believe a woman is equal to a man in marriage? Because your other posts on here say otherwise.

You shouldn't form opinions based on convenience(typical Nigerian man attitude). Pick a side and stick to it... or not, I can't tell you what to do.

I know men and women are not equal in marriage. That's my believe and I will stick to it forever.

But seeing the hypocritical complaints on this thread from women who advocate equality in anything and everything got me wondering. If you as a lady believes men and women are equal in everything, then you have no moral and ethical ground to blame the husband for "neglecting" the woman to save herself.
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by bukatyne(f): 9:51am On Aug 01, 2016
Acidosis:

grin grin

Did any of my posts infer that?

I asked you if the disappointed wife told she believed in gender equality.

And I honestly wonder what gender equality has to do in this matter.
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Acidosis(m): 10:09am On Aug 01, 2016
bukatyne:

Did any of my posts infer that?

I asked you if the disappointed wife told she believed in gender equality.

And I honestly wonder what gender equality has to do in this matter.

Analyse the issue from the viewpoint of an observer.

Actually, my post is indirectly directed to the hypocritical responses from self-acclaimed gender equality advocates on the thread. Why has it suddenly become the duty or a man to rescue a woman?

I had to bring in gender equality into the matter as everyone expects the man to save the woman for whatever reason.

The woman has the right to leave the marriage if she feels threatened. However, I see no wrong in what the man did if he believes women and men deserve equal treatments under equal circumstances.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by bukatyne(f): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2016
Acidosis:

Analyse the issue from the viewpoint of an observer.

Actually, my post is indirectly directed to the hypocritical responses from self-acclaimed gender equality advocates on the thread. Why has it suddenly become the duty or a man to rescue a woman?

I had to bring in gender equality into the matter as everyone expects the man to save the woman for whatever reason.

The woman has the right to leave the marriage if she feels threatened. However, I see no wrong in what the man did if he believes women and men deserve equal treatments under equal circumstances.

And what does 'equality' have to do with a woman expecting her husband to rescue her or be there for her?

Let me guess, the wife is inferior because she expects him to 'rescue' her right?

Does the husband expecting the wife to cook for him also make him inferior?

Whatever rocks your boat Acidosis....

4 Likes

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by TV01(m): 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
The man took a calculated risk. It's unlikely his aged mother would have been able to make it onto the roof of her home, or otherwise save herself unaided. Knowing his wife, children and father were in no immediate danger, he elected to ensure his mother was fine first. Eminently reasonable one would think. As it turned out, everyone was ultimately saved.

Indeed, he ostensibly treated his wife equally (as many would likely demand), instead of specially (as they all really want). What pained her was the realisation that he would not simply act in a manner pursuant to her best interest regardless of other considerations, but rather act rationally, and in a risk based manner.

Applause sir. Real man dat cool.

TV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Acidosis(m): 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
bukatyne:

And what does 'equality' have to do with a woman expecting her husband to rescue her or be there for her?

Let me guess, the wife is inferior because she expects him to 'rescue' her right?

Equality preachers say it is not the duty of a woman to cook for her husband. According to these "people", a man has 2 hands, hence, he should be able to do the dishes, laundry, etc.

I think something is wrong with 'these people'.

See, I will never subject my wife to such torture, I only have to find a way to see that my Mom, wife and children are all safe. I will do that because my wife looks up to me as her MAN (to protect her). The same way we look up to God in times of trouble is the same way a wife should look up to her husband (her little god on earth) in times of humanly-resolvable troubles.

Women who do not subscribe to such idea should not blame the man because they have no moral ground to do so. It is a very simple principle.
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Adaeze003(f): 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
Acidosis:

I know men and women are not equal in marriage. That's my believe and I will stick to it forever.

But seeing the hypocritical complaints on this thread from women who advocate equality in anything and everything got me wondering. If you as a lady believes men and women are equal in everything, then you have no moral and ethical ground to blame the husband for "neglecting" the woman to save herself.

Since that is your belief and you stand by it, why did you choose now to talk about gender equality? You claim it's because of the other comments on here by women who preach it but if you ask me, the woman on the story sounds like someone who got stranded after looking to a man probably in submission (the same submission that you all preach on here). Why didn't you see it that way? Why didn't you give your opinion based on that since its what you believe?

If we're to call a spade a spade, going by what you believe, the man was dead wrong and failed his family but that's too hard for you to say innit?

Speaking from both sides of the mouth has never been flattering.
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Amicable24: 1:42am On Aug 02, 2016
[size=15pt]Our one time puzzle turns Reality indeed...
Our men supporting Gao's decision 100℅ like the wife means nothing to them.. Haba, make God help us for our marriage sha.. It's a difficult situation but let's also put ourselves in his wife's shoes, how are u going to feel if u are in d wife's position and ur hubby did that to u.. I bet most ladies will be badly hurt by the husband's actions...
Nevertheless, I dnt pray to be in such position anyday.. Even if I shud be, I pray God Almighty gives me d wisdom to make the right decision..
Most men and their mums be like...
[/size]

Cc.. Danceville, Acidosis, Ishilove, Justwise and others..

1 Like

Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by CaraJewel(f): 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
You all forgot d ailing papa..datz a sick man ryt
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by eyinjuege: 8:20am On Sep 14, 2016
I hope he will not start lamenting and opening threads in the future on how his children love their mother more than him, and that she has "poisoned " their minds against him.
They learnt it from him.
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 31, 2018
bukatyne:

Acidosis is right.

You're confused. Sometimes I wonder the kind of gender equality you people are clamouring for.

Why will the wife expect him to save her? Read what you even typed.

The woman is a full grown ass human just like the man so why can't she save herself?

If I was the man I'd have save my kids and my mom.
Any full grown ass woman expecting another human to save her is a coward who isn't fit to get married in this 21st century.
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 31, 2018
Acidosis:

grin grin

I'm even dissapointed with the comments.
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 31, 2018
justwise:
The man made the right-difficult decision, you can only have one mother but marriage can end and you marry again, the same can't be said about mother

The wife has the right to be angry but leaving her husband he went to save his mother is silly.

Now I understand the saying that you can't have it all. You're a good travel moderator but a lousy misogynist.

Why did he go to beg his wife if he can always remarry? And when something happens and the second wife leaves, he will keep remarrying abi?

Why get married in the first place if marriage is so disposable? Why not stay single?

Now who is silly?
Re: Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
kneehighbootz:

Now I understand the saying that you can't have it all. You're a good travel moderator but a lousy misogynist.

Why did he go to beg his wife if he can always remarry? And when something happens and the second wife leaves, he will keep remarrying abi?

Why get married in the first place if marriage is so disposable? Why not stay single?

Now who is silly?

kneehighbootz

(1) (2) (Reply)

5yrs Old In A Boarding School / Please Help Me Before I Die / Why Do Some Women Deny Their Husband Sex After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.