Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,807 members, 7,798,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi (4328 Views)

Atiku To Critics: Prove I Am Corrupt Or Shut Up Forever / N3.1trillion Fraud: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money - Amaech / There’s No Proof I Stole Rivers State Money – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by Limitednow: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
The Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, has denied allegations of corruption against him.
Mr. Amaechi says as governor of Rivers State for eight years, he was transparent and did not embezzle money meant for the people.
He denied receiving over N3.1 trillion naira as alleged by his successor, Nyesom Wike.
Mr. Amaechi spoke at a stakeholders’ forum on corruption organised by the Federal Ministry of Justice in Abuja, Thursday.
He said Rivers State became the first to implement the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) act in Nigeria during his tenure as governor of the State.
“If you had followed the Rivers State government when I was governor, we were the first state to introduce the Public Procurement Law in the country. The state cabinet used to call the Director General of Public Procurement in the state as an alternative governor, that they wanted an amendment to that law. The reason they wanted amendment is that he (DG) refused to increase the threshold to one hundred million naira, per ministry, instead he reduced it to 10 million naira.”
“I had a battle with him (DG BPE) and the world bank who insisted that we should not go for an amendment but should persuade him to increase the threshold. I remember the cabinet tried to go to court against him and I remember that he was also trying to go to court against Commissioners. In fact, the procurement DG wrote a memo that I felt was very incriminating requesting that since the law requires the governor to take any commissioner who doesn’t comply with the public procurement law to court, I should please take the commissioner of education to court for not complying… Everybody in the cabinet felt that he was an alternative governor, they felt that he was slowing the process,” he said.
Mr. Amaechi said transparency in the use of public funds was key to his administration as governor, and that the Rivers community was fully briefed periodically on how funds were being utilised.

“Within that period we insisted on engaging the indigenous communities on how much we received and how we spent the money. That is why I feel that after this ministerial appointment, I should do everything possible to stay away from government because in spite of all the forms of transparency I introduced in government, one man could begin to tell lies to Nigerians and Nigerians believe him.
“The governor of Rivers State said I squandered N3 trillion naira. I did not receive up to N1.8 trillion naira as governor both from IGR and funds from federal allocation. So, how could I have squandered money I did not even receive in the first place? You can see the politics of lies and lies,” he said.
“As Minister of Transportation, I run an open and transparent system. I believe in name and shame. What name and shame does is, if you name and shame those of them who don’t have conscience they won’t come to public functions. I do have conscience. In fact, it was the word corruption that brought me to this occasion because I wanted to see who will get up and say to me, ‘this is evidence that you are corrupt.’
“We went to court against the Rivers State government on their allegation of corruption against me. The Court of Appeal said, produce that document that found this man (Amaechi) guilty of those crimes and up till today he (Wike) has not produced it,” Mr. Amaechi said.
He urged the audience to draw closer to government, pay more attention and engage political appointees to an open government.
“Please come to all of us in government, all the ministers in government and engage us on open government. For me, for ministry of transportation any information you want please write to us we will not only give you, we will give you on time. This is because all of us that have become ministers have been entrusted by the President. His first policy is corruption; the second one is economic development. We have been appointed by the President to go and do those following things to ensure that there is fund that we save from the people’s money to develop the community and the community we have is the Nigerian community.
“Indeed you are our leaders, we are here by the grace of God and by your grace and we believe that you have the right to ask questions. We believe that you have the right to demand accountability from ministers. We believe that nobody has the right to rise from just being an ordinary graduate of a university by courtesy of holding public office, he now owns mansions, cars…” Mr. Amaechi said.

http://.com/no-one-can-prove-i-stole-rivers-state-money-amaechi/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by exclusive87(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
Mr. Ameachi I Believe you.... My instinct to deceive me...
Not everyone will understand you..
Continue, You Are A Great Man..
God Bless you and Also bless my country(NIGERIA)

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by exclusive87(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
Mr. Ameachi I Believe you.... My instinct don't deceive me...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by youngeagle(m): 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
Smart criminals do cover there tracks...but dear Amechi don't live a zombie life we know u more than u know ur self.

4 Likes

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by midolian(m): 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
I like this... If you are sure Amaechi stole, come forward to prove it cool

I pray a day comes when the likes of Saraki/Dasuki will be bold enough to say a thing like this.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by mazichika: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
exclusive87:
Mr. Ameachi I Believe you.... My instinct to deceive me...
First class zombie.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by nke001: 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
Amechi is politician and all politicians are honorable men. grin
Amechi is a Nigerian, and Nigerians are "fantastically corrupted". grin grin
ApC now wailing.
Well, innocent until proven guilty.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by nke001: 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
midolian:
I like this... If you are sure Amaechi stole, come forward to prove it cool

I pray a day comes when the likes of Saraki/Dasuki will be bold enough to say a thing like this.

The judiciary is an APC puppetry and anybody going to seek for justice in this current regime will be wasting his or her time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by myforexsolution: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by richidinho(m): 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
Sharp guy welldone, but the evidence is with God

Spending 4bn to conduct LGA election 6days to the end of ur tenure is corruption

5 Likes

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by Abagworo(m): 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
I will say it a million times over that what Amaechi left on ground in Rivers State is almost equivalent to the entire funds he got in 8 years. His profit cannot be more than 10billion.

4 Likes

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by id911(m): 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
This Ameachi is a comedian!Ameachi didn‘t allow our ears to rest by always coming on TV and Radio from 2007 that he was saving N1billion monthly for his successor that when he hands over power in 2015 his successor would have already saved N96 billion from his one billion a month savings. But during the run up to the 2015 elections, the money disappeared.

Amaechi is an award winning criminal

7 Likes

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by james078: 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
I like this man ask me why
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
If they really have evidence against him, let them forward it to the EFCC.

All na for the growth of our nascent democracy.

If Amaechi is prosecuted and found guilty, it's Nigerians, Riverians, that benefit.

But shouting him down without providing copious and coffin nailing evidence isn't the way to go.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by pythonkid(m): 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
we all know ameachi , buhari and all APC members are gay lovers and sadists

2 Likes

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by ddippset(m): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2016

2 Likes

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by Abagworo(m): 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
id911:
This Ameachi is a comedian!Ameachi didn‘t allow our ears to rest by always coming on TV and Radio from 2007 that he was saving N1billion monthly for his successor that when he hands over power in 2015 his successor would have already saved N96 billion from his one billion a month savings. But during the run up to the 2015 elections, the money disappeared.

Amaechi is an award winning criminal

You are not based in Rivers State because if you do you would have heard during one of Amaechi's community interactions when he admitted deficiency in funds has made him start using the savings. He could not save up to that because of economic situation and Rivers State's high recurrent expenditures.

2 Likes

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by GoodofNaija: 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
Wailers....you see this is how you'll know our man. Instead of wailing witch hunting, he'll rather dare you to come out with proofs. However, if truly there's something to charge him for but he's enjoying d protection of fg being in govt, all you have to do is wait for your time. Though I know it's painful, but you know you had your chance to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by HopeAtHand: 10:15pm On Jul 28, 2016
The best Rivers governor of all times. Amaechis name peppers IPOB, of which im glad.

2 Likes

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by phemmyutd(m): 10:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
#Copied

Far before he became minister, he has been investigated by security forces and found not culpable. This exercise was done for all would be ministers of the Republic. Petitions written against him were found to be baseless lies not worthy of the paper it was written on.
Secondly wike almost a yr ago promised to prosecute Amaechi claiming he has all the documents implicating him in his disposal. The question u should ask is what is stopping wike from instructing his AG to commence prosecution against Amaechi? Does Amaechi has immunity? Could it be that the documents he claimed he has are are documents only seen in his imagination that won't be tenable in court? Ur guess is as good as mine.
Wike remains a bastard if he doesn't commence Amaechi's prosecution.
Lastly, amaechi was in the senate during his screening with a copy of omereji report wike claimed indicted Amaechi. He demanded to the entire world that anyone should pinpoint where he was indicted in the document. Till date, no one Has been able to take up this challenge. Not even wikes minions who were in the senate chamber that day took up that challenge.
The moral of my epistle to u is stop succking wikes cocck. He is nothing but a shameless murrafucker. That he said so doesn't mean it is so. Use ur brain and stop being gullible.

#Copied

3 Likes

Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by judecares1(m): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
Wike ve evidence against u
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by coolscott(m): 1:01am On Jul 29, 2016
ddippset:
hehehehehehehehe. Integrity Group. Livinstone Nweche. The confirmed PDP member. Hehehehehehehehe.

[size=13pt]How do your statements magically transform the evidence (with account numbers and everything else provided) into a lie?

Based on what you say, we may as well all laugh and say about Dasuki and the Buhari administration "hehehehehehehehe. Mr. Buhari, Confirmed APC Member. The man he helped overthrow years ago even if he, Dasuki was junior officer" and automatically, all allegations against Dasuki become a lie. smiley[/size]
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by coolscott(m): 1:08am On Jul 29, 2016
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by coolscott(m): 1:15am On Jul 29, 2016
richidinho:
Sharp guy welldone, but the evidence is with God

Spending 4bn to conduct LGA election 6days to the end of ur tenure is corruption
[size=13pt]He did that in the midst of the pensioners crying out to be paid their remunerations.
That was in the heat of both workers and pensioners being owed months of salaries.

If he wasn't just an oafish thug, he would not have insist there was no money to pay them,
then because he had seen Wike had won the electios (which he said never held) rush
off to conduct LG elections to ensure wike has people working against him in all LGAs across the state.
even though LG elections are clearly stipulated to be conducted
after a certain number of months after gubernatorial elections
by our constitution.
[/size]
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by coolscott(m): 1:21am On Jul 29, 2016
[size=13pt]So what business has Mr. Amaechi engaged in in order to amass all the money he is said to have.
What kind of product or service has he sold to or offered the public with any kind of consistency for any number of years to lead to his acquiring the kind financial strength it is agreed he has?
[/size]
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 29, 2016
When pple talk as though they are owners of the next day... Mr Amaechi shebe to you APC will be in power forever??

Kip deluding yourself....
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by blackpanda: 3:34am On Jul 29, 2016
nke001:

The judiciary is an APC puppetry and anybody going to seek for justice in this current regime will be wasting his or her time.

The same judiciary that confirmed governorship of rivers and akwa ibom for pdp Be quiet.
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by blackpanda: 3:36am On Jul 29, 2016
coolscott:
[size=13pt]So what business has Mr. Amaechi engaged in in order to amass all the money he is said to have.
What kind of product or service has he sold to or offered the public with any kind of consistency for any number of years to lead to his acquiring the kind financial strength it is agreed he has?
[/size]

Did he tell u he amassed wealth?? Or u have any proof other that roadside gossip?
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by blackpanda: 3:38am On Jul 29, 2016
coolscott:
[size=13pt] Bolustic, Please examine some of the evidence already gathered here. Bolustic[/size]

Proves notin.
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by Tokety7: 7:51am On Jul 29, 2016
This is no brainer. Even the thug wike over a year ago promised to prosecute Amaechi but till date the coward hasnt even deemed it fit to do so despite Amaechi not having immunity.
Only fools continue to say that Amaechi stole rivers money.
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by Tokety7: 7:54am On Jul 29, 2016
The same way he stood before the senate of the FRN and demanded while raising up the omereji report for all to see that anyone should pinpoint anywhere in the report omereji indicted him. wike touts in the senate chamber couldnt. infact they were silent throughout.
The best Rivers state Governor in her history is truly an honorable man.
Re: No One Can Prove I Stole Rivers State Money – amaechi by Tokety7: 7:56am On Jul 29, 2016
crixtex:
When pple talk as though they are owners of the next day... Mr Amaechi shebe to you APC will be in power forever??

Kip deluding yourself....

APC isnt in power in Rivers. what is wike doing? what is delaying Amaechis trial as promised by wike? Was ACN in power at the center before they made sure Bode George found himself in kirikiri for an alleged crime he committed in a federal agency?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING - Intelligence Report On Ozubulu Church Massacre / Nigeria Gets N400m Assistance From EU To Tackle Flood / Hilarious PDP Sign To Counter 4+4 Sign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.