Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court (35185 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Abuja High Court In Handcuffs Ahead Of His Bail Hearing.PICS / Show Justice Okon Abang Way Out, Fayose Urges NJC - Vanguard / A Rejoinder On Justice Okon Abang Ruling That Recognizes Sheriff Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Splashme: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
Many have described him as controvercial. Others (especially the PDP) see him as a stooge of the rival APC party planted in the FCT court to do hatchet jobs for the ruling party.

Below is his CV. Not so impressive if you ask me

[b]
NAME: Abang ,Okon Effreti

DATE OF BIRTH: 10h January, 1961

PLACE OF BIRTH: Oduo – Ebughu

SEX: Male

LOCAL GOVERNMENT: Mbo L.G.A

NATIONALITY: Nigerian

MARITAL STATUS: Married

INSTITUTION ATTENDED WITH DATES:

Central School Ebughu Mbo L.G.A. (Akwa Ibom State) – January 1968 – June 1973

St.Vincent’s Secondary School Oti – Oron, Oron L.G.A (Akwa Ibom State) – September 1973 – June 1978

School of Basic Studies Akampa, Cross River State- September 1980 – June 1982

University of Calabar – October 1993 – June 1987

Nigerian Law School Victoria Island, Lagos – October 1987 – June 1988

QUALIFICATIONS:

F.S.L.C.E - June 1973

WASC/GCE – June 1978

HSC (3 papers) at a sitting – June 1982

LL.B Hons (Second Lower) – June 1987

B.L (second Lower) – June 1988

Date of call to Bar – 3rd November 1988

JOB EXPERIENCE:

Clerical Officer Cross River State Housing Corporation – Dec.1978 – September 1980

Teaching Appointment, secondary School, Mbokpu,Eyokan,Oron L.G.A. Akwa Ibom State – January 1983 – October 1983

Secondary School, Old Ntekim, Akampa Cross River State – November 1983 – July 1984

N.Y.S.C – October 1988 – September 1989

Private Practice – September 1989

Judge – Federal High Court – 22/06/2009

HOBBIES:

Reading and Research[/b]

http://www.fhc-ng.com/abang.htm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Splashme: 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
***Modified***
[b]1) Nigerians should know that Justice Okon Abang is deliberately engaging in acts of derailing the Country’s democracy given the fact that his Court is not an Appeal Court that can set aside any Judgment. He has penchant for abuse of court processes and actions of legal impunity.

2) This Judge Nigerians will recall, issued Judgment against the Governor of Abia State that led to INEC re-issuing another Certificate of Return to a man who did not contest election thereby causing unnecessary hardship on the people of that State.

3) He also issued an Order to INEC to recognize Senator Sheriff’s candidates in Edo and Ondo states before they could even plan their purported congress in Edo.

4) In today’s Case, this same Judge out rightly denied the PDP representation in Court which is unheard of by serving the Plaintiff (Sheriff & Co.) who instituted the Case also as PDP (defendants). His excesses are extremely absurd, strange and unbecoming of a Judge who enjoys putting the Judiciary on the spot. [/b]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by ShowYourCertificate: 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
The supreme court or appeal court will nullify his ruling. I'm not bothered.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by saintkel(m): 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nonsense Judge, his ruling most time seems to favour APC

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Tolexander: 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
Never knew this Judge is also an "Afonja"!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by eph12(m): 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
Any info on cases he had handled in the past?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by id911(m): 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
I am from Oron, the same place with the Hon. Justice Okon Abang. Mr Abang needs to know that these politicians using him now for their selfish interest wld later dump him and possibly rubbish his name when he is no longer willing to do their biddings.

Some of his rulings are controversial and questionable. I think the Edo State guber election is their target; they want to destroy the opposition camp and have easy ride on September 10

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by mazichika: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
Op, we need to see previous cases he has handled. That guy is a disgrace to nigerian judiciary.

23 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by mazichika: 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
id911:
I am from Oron, the same place with the Hon. Justice Okon Abang. Mr Abang needs to know that these politicians using him now for their selfish interest wld later dump him and possibly rubbish his name when he is no longer willing to do their biddings.

Some of his rulings are controversial and questionable. I think the Edo State guber election is their target; they want to destroy the opposition camp and have easy ride on September 10
they can't try it.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by bendutch(m): 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
APC @ work.

20 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Splashme: 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
His CV looks dry

51 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by maestroferddi: 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
It is unfortunate that this judge is offering himself as a willing tool in the hands of dictatorial elements trying to scuttle our hard-won democracy.

When his downfall dawns, he will discover to his chagrin, that there would no-one to sympathize with him on the cinch of comeuppance.

25 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Goke7: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
maestroferddi:
It is unfortunate that this judge is offering himself as a willing tool in the hands dictatorial elements trying to scuttle our hard-won democracy.

When his downfall dawns, he will discover to his chagrin, that there would no-one to sympathize with him on the cinch of comeuppance.

What about the judges that have been doing pdp's bidding especially in the supreme court, are they not scuttling our democracy too?

Why must it always conform to our own desire for us to agree on fairness.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by maestroferddi: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
Goke7:

What about the judges that have been doing pdp's bidding especially in the supreme court, are they not scuttling our democracy too?

Why must it always conform to our own desire for us to agree on fairness.
Can you mention one judge doing this kind of hatchet job for the PDP?

The decisions given in favour of of the PDP in the Supreme Court were unanimous decisions of panels of judges.

This Okon Abang is unashamedly and blatantly a pawn in the hands of APC puppeteers. He makes no attempt to disguise/hide the authorship of the script he is acting.

36 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by id911(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
maestroferddi:
Can you mention one judge doing this kind of hatchet job for the PDP?

The decisions given in favour of of the PDP in the Supreme Court were unanimous decisions of panels of judges.

This Okon Abang is unashamedly and blatantly a pawn in the hands of APC puppeteers. He makes no attempt to disguise/hide the authorship of the script he is acting.

Don‘t mind am, dem dey support evil na dem make dis country be like d way it is. na justice me dey after not PDP or APC

9 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by iflywithbuhari(f): 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
Justice Abang is a great judge. Just look at his statements. He criticised the makarfi group for trying to discredit his judgement and causing friction between the high courts. But your Makarfi had one chance to do the right thing. And what did he do, he allowed thieves like Dokpesi hijack the party

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by maestroferddi: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Justice Abang is a great judge. Just look at his statements. He criticised the makarfi group for trying to discredit his judgement and causing friction between the high courts. But your Makarfi had one chance to do the right thing. And what did he do, he allowed thieves like Dokpesi hijack the party
The last time i checked, you were neither a fan nor a supporter of the PDP.

One would have expected that you displayed the merest honour of eschewing intrusion into PDP matters. I daresay that PDP dont need the input of people like you so keep your views to yourself.

I know this is the social media where almost anything goes, but there should be some honour among...

17 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Splashme: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
bendutch:
APC @ work.
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by babyfaceafrica: 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
So?...who CV epp?

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by psucc(m): 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
The judiciary, expectedly is the last hope of the common man. But with the likes of Abang this hope us dashed. The worst is that when his utterances indicates his judgments.
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by veekid(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2016
What should we do with this?
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by kgr8mike(m): 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
The way your are going, Mr Oken Abang, is not good for you. Your judgments are putting Nigeria into more confusion. It is not good for you.

Why become a master of confusion, why Mr Okon Abang?

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Generalkorex(m): 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
who e epp
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by babdap: 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
I won't comment because I don't want to be sued.
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by blazetitov: 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Am sorry ooo, but the man looks like corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Pidggin(f): 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Just take a look at his miserable life. Old hag.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by PriNceNova(m): 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nonsense
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
maestroferddi:
The last time i checked, you were neither a fan nor a supporter of the PDP.
One would have expected that you displayed the merest honour of eschewing intrusion into PDP matters. I daresay that PDP dont need the input of people like you so keep your views to yourself.
I know this is the social media where almost anything goes, but there should be some honour among...

So he doesn't have the right to express his political opinions ba? Yet you can dabble into APC issues when they start with Saraki abi? Hypocrite.!!!

12 Likes

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Abukc(m): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
Who won comment again
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by atirolu(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
Is this cv?
A judge in nigeria ?
Shaking my head for nigeria

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by Emmaoga: 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
have seen it now...
publish buhari's CV...I want to check something pls.
Re: Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court by blazetitov: 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
bendutch:
APC @ work.
How

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘The North Is Not Bleeding’ Protest Hits Kaduna Streets / Boko Haram Is PDP & PDP Is Boko Haram- Gen Azazi / “human Flesh All Over My Car” -eyewitness Account Of This Morning’s Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.