Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,168 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Hardworking 54yrs African Immigrant Brutalized In Memphis, TN (video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hardworking 54yrs African Immigrant Brutalized In Memphis, TN (video) (823 Views)

Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hardworking 54yrs African Immigrant Brutalized In Memphis, TN (video) by fittty(m): 4:53am On Jul 29, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm-xVv2bhsk

Mamamdou Bah an immigrant from West Africa and an ice cream truck driver is now unable to earn a living. Tuesday, a group of young men attacked him while he was working. Mamadou regularly sold ice cream to families all over Memphis. On 7/26/16, Mamadou pulled into an apartment complex where a group of guys attempted to rob him. He sped away and crashed his vehicle into a wall. A man used Facebook Live to record a group of men beating the ice cream truck driver at Bella Vista Apartments in Memphis on Squire Court.Police were called to the scene just before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday where the driver told officers a man opened the ice cream truck's passenger door and jumped inside.

After causing the truck to crash, another man joined in on the assault.

The driver was pulled to the ground, punched, kicked, and beaten with a weapon that appears to be a baseball bat.

“I need justice, because I didn't do anything to them,” Mamadou Bah said.

The men took off with cash from the Bah's pocket. Bah also had to go to the hospital to have doctor's treat his injuries.

Bah is now at home, all bruised up and nursing a broken arm.

“Like five people jumped on me, take my money, and beat me for no reason,” Bah said. “I can't move these arms. This one is broken and this one is—hardly--I can't lift it.”

Bah, 54, was left helpless as people watched.

“They pulled me out of the truck and said, ‘Give me the money; give me the money; give me the money,’” Bah said.

Bah said he thought his life was over.

“They beat me until I fell on the floor,” he said.

Helen Knight, who lives nearby, said she heard about the attack and will soon be moving.

“I don't think anybody deserves to be beaten up like that at all,” Knight said.

Bah, a father of three, said he may take months to recover, and he wants to know why he was assaulted.

He said driving the ice cream truck is how he makes a living, but because of his injuries, he can't do that anymore.

During the Facebook Live video, as the beating continues, no one tries to help. A man walks past Bah, who is lying on the ground injured, but he never stops to help.

Minutes later, a woman can be seen trying briefly to stop the attackers, but she also refuses to help Bah.

“Somebody at least could have came outside and tried to scare him away, anything,” neighbor Jocelyn Baymon said.

Bah said he moved to Memphis from West Africa to find a better way of life and support his family back home. Now that he cannot work, he says his bills are already stacking up. He said doctors think it could take months for him to recover.

“I have to pay almost $600 with the lights,” Bah said. “If I don't have and can't pay, they're going to put my stuff outside.”

If you know any of the men seen attacking Bah in the video, call police.

Source: http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/32555797/ice-cream-truck-driver-recovering-after-vicious-attack
Re: Hardworking 54yrs African Immigrant Brutalized In Memphis, TN (video) by dannyben5: 4:59am On Jul 29, 2016
Kai! pple wicked o....

Re: Hardworking 54yrs African Immigrant Brutalized In Memphis, TN (video) by Flexherbal(m): 5:23am On Jul 29, 2016
What could he have done to those men!
The worst was that no one was ready to rescue him.
Re: Hardworking 54yrs African Immigrant Brutalized In Memphis, TN (video) by justwise(m): 6:57am On Jul 29, 2016
Black live still matter in this case? This is group of young black boys carrying out this barbaric act

1 Like

Re: Hardworking 54yrs African Immigrant Brutalized In Memphis, TN (video) by RedCapChief(m): 11:24am On Jul 29, 2016
justwise:
Black live still matter in this case? This is group of young black boys carrying out this barbaric act

Exactly why white people see 'Black Lives Matter' as a joke. How can we demand respect from others if we don't respect ourselves

2 Likes

Re: Hardworking 54yrs African Immigrant Brutalized In Memphis, TN (video) by fittty(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
RedCapChief:

Exactly why white people see 'Black Lives Matter' as a joke. How can we demand respect from others if we don't respect ourselves
justwise:

Well said! BlackLivesMatter can never be taken serious until the black community work on making themselves better. Statistics shows majority of those incarcerated are blacks, majority of those that live in neighborhood prone to crime are blacks. Blacks are most likely to commit a crime than the white man. How on earth is the whole BlackLivesMatter movement going to be taken serious? What makes this all sad is the innocent black man thats doing something positive with his life will have to face the stereotyping that comes with all these.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Import Kolanut, Get Death Sentence – Saudi Govt Warns Pilgrims / Which Country Is Closer To Hell Fire / Truck Crushes Final Year Female Student To Death In Ogun State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.