Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

For Standing In The Way Of Islam, Germans Won't Sleep Peacefully (bar Bomber) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / For Standing In The Way Of Islam, Germans Won't Sleep Peacefully (bar Bomber) (504 Views)

The Germans Are Angry With The Syrian Refugee Living With 2 Wives, 6 Kids / Female Suicide Bomber Strikes In Cameroon, Killing Scores (Graphic Photos) / Man Ejaculates On Woman's Leg While Standing Behind Her On Queue In Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Standing In The Way Of Islam, Germans Won't Sleep Peacefully (bar Bomber) by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 29, 2016
The Syrian man who blew himself up outside a bar in Ansbach vowed the people of Germany "won't be able to sleep peacefully anymore" in a video filmed before the attack.

Investigators said the suicide bomber, known only as Mohammad D., had declared loyalty to Islamic State in the recording - and announced "a revenge act against Germans because they are standing in the way of Islam".

Further details have emerged about the 27-year-old, who injured 15 people - four of them seriously - when he detonated a backpack filled with explosives and shrapnel after being turned away from a music festival being attended by thousands of people.

The attacker had been denied asylum in Germany because he had already been accepted in Bulgaria, and immigration officials had ordered him to be deported there less than a fortnight ago.

Mohammad D. was also known to police after repeated run-ins for drug offences and other crimes.

A person who knew the bomber has been arrested, as detectives try to determine whether he had received help to make the explosive device.

Extremist videos have been found in Mohammad's apartment, and Nuremberg police have also uncovered diesel, paint thinner, pebbles, hydrochloric acid, batteries and alcohol in his room - all materials which were used to construct the bomb used in Ansbach.

The terror group has described the attacker as "one of (their) soldiers".

Interior minister Thomas de Maiziere has ordered an increased security presence at airports, train stations and other public places following the bombing, which was the fourth attack to happen in Germany in a week.

He added: "Naturally people are concerned and are questioning whether they should change their routines. We should not … We should continue to live our free lives."

Federal authorities say they have more than 400 lines of inquiry relating to fighters or members of Islamist groups who are among the many hundreds of thousands of people offered refuge in the country over recent years - with Mr de Maiziere describing that as a tiny minority.

Eyewitnesses have described the panicked aftermath of the Ansbach attack, and said people covered in blood had streamed into a nearby cafe after a "very loud bang".

Claudia Frosch said: "Obviously we now have more fear, but I don't have anything against foreigners, asylum seekers.

"I don't feel anything more against them but obviously if I saw one with a backpack I would have more fear … I would be more cautious."

An Iranian asylum seeker has said the attacker had denounced Islamic State during conversations at their shelter, and had insisted the terror group was not representative of Islam.

"But I think he had some issues because, you know, he told lies so often without any reason," Alireza Khodadadi told the Associated Press.
Re: For Standing In The Way Of Islam, Germans Won't Sleep Peacefully (bar Bomber) by HungerBAD: 6:45am On Jul 29, 2016
Religion?

One topic i am not comfortable talking about in real life, neither am i comfortable talking about online. As a Christian, i have always wondered how people can kill in the name of Religion, i mean cause massive harm.

There is a reward for evil.

2 Likes

Re: For Standing In The Way Of Islam, Germans Won't Sleep Peacefully (bar Bomber) by ChappyChase: 6:49am On Jul 29, 2016
Islamabad!!!!
Re: For Standing In The Way Of Islam, Germans Won't Sleep Peacefully (bar Bomber) by Firefire(m): 6:50am On Jul 29, 2016
Germany now to blame for accepting the Syrians and other refugees into their territory. cry

Oore ni won.

One need to be careful now, walking in the street. Na wa oooo. embarassed
Re: For Standing In The Way Of Islam, Germans Won't Sleep Peacefully (bar Bomber) by Candyrain(m): 7:03am On Jul 29, 2016
Germany and Europe by extension is fast becoming a red spot zone. The earlier they realise dat letting Syrians and other Muslim refugees in was a mistake, the better for them.

All Muslims are not terrorist
But all terrorist are Muslims

A once very peaceful country, now citizens are scared to walk in the streets for fear of attack.

ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE INDEED.

1 Like

Re: For Standing In The Way Of Islam, Germans Won't Sleep Peacefully (bar Bomber) by Chanchit: 7:20am On Jul 29, 2016
When una ready, una go deport their sorry ass to where ever you picked them from.

1 Like

Re: For Standing In The Way Of Islam, Germans Won't Sleep Peacefully (bar Bomber) by nonjebose(m): 9:44am On Jul 29, 2016
I can imagine Hungary thanking their gods for being hostile and uncomfortable towards the refugees. These guys are so ungrateful. Germany was so nice, maybe too nice, in begging other european nations to accept these guys.

(1) (Reply)

No Wonder! Clinton Media Aide Edited A Radical Islamic Journal In Saudi Arabia / Saudi Burns Through Reserves As It Faces Economiic Issues / Vladimir Putin Arrested In United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.