Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC (17611 Views)

APC Leader Behind Attacks On Kyari, Daura, Group Alleges / NDA Split, Breakaway Faction Promises To Expose Those Behind Attacks On.. / Shocking Details About Those Behind Attacks By Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by princetom1(m): 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This deliberate attempt by a group with strong backing of the media to tarnish the good image of Ijaw nation and denigrate her people will be stopped. We have cohabited with the Yorubas, we have Ijaw Kingdoms in part of Ondo, though like neighbours we have had some misunderstandings in the past, we can NEVER descend so low to turn into terrorists. NEVER

Tonye, don't verred into topic u don't know, that part u mentioned ondo. U know nothing about it at all. If not for the resistance of Aiyetoro people, ondo state will be history by now. Oh, and thanks to Obasanjo for levelling ALABERE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Cyberclint: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

As for Buratai, I don't blame him. I blame those idiots NDA that engaged in economic terrorism thereby inviting the unprofessional Nigeria Army on our soul to inflict pains on innocent Ijaw people.

I denounce ANY Ijawman that is part of NDA
LOL, LOLER, LOLEST.
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by topsam1(m): 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
If they are not ijaw militants who dem come be?? Na now wey dem don dey open fire on them una com dey talk abi....wetin I dey talk sef? Come to igbo olomu ikorodu, an outskirt of lagos make you come see film for yasef...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by akinszz: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
Yesterday pounding was just tips of the iceberg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by rigarmortis: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
Sheggy13:

You can't speak on behalf of millions of Ijaws with different moral, social and educational backgrounds. It's just like an Igbo person saying Igbos cannot traffic drugs. You're not in the head of every Ijaw man in Nigeria to predict correctly what they can do or cannot do. Because you're civil and peace-loving doesn't mean every Ijaw man out there is, ditto other ethnic groups. There are good and bad elements in every tribe. The IYC President is also saying the NDA guys are not Ijaw guys when they have come boldly to identify majority of themselves as Ijaws. Just check out some of their names. You don't make categorical statements like the militants are not Ijaws. Those are mere emotional and sentimental statements. What if they're caught and found out to be Ijaw. That's one good thing about Yorubas. They're the ones that denigrate and insult their own sons more when he misbehaves, even before other tribes do. I can give you many instances.

its just like a yoruba person saying yoruba people are not fond of ritual killing and deep forest human organ trafficking.....how does that sound?

you cant actually make your point without this billboard display of your stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by rigarmortis: 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
RIZLER:
dont you have a daughter to rape or something?

he doesnt, but im sure he has a head to behead?.....or a breast to debreast.
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by olukenny: 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=47995881]I have always kept mute waiting for the response of IYC over the baseless allegations and accusations by some people and group ascribing the criminality of some idiots in Ogun and Lagos states as that perpetrated by "Ijaws".

For the record, it is unfair to even assume that Ijaws will be interested in crises on Yoruba soil. We are a peaceloving and law-abiding group.

It is incumbent on the Police and other agencies to fish out perpetrators of those heinous crimes irrespective of their ethnic affiliations, and deal decisively with them.

As for NDA, as long as Ijaw nation is concerned, they are on their own.

............Am not here to argue with anybody but to tell you some fact,those people behind the attacks in ikorodu lagos and ogun are the ijaws.They live in those area for many years before they start the oil vandals business,most people in the area knows them.Try to read todays punch it mention some gang leaders name OC and alagbala.Most people in those area know them and am confirming to you that they are ijaws,try to visit area like elepete,igbo olomu ,ishawo in ikorodu and do little investigation then you will know the report that this people are ijaws is right.I think I nid to stop though there's still more fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by vislabraye(m): 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I have always kept mute waiting for the response of IYC over the baseless allegations and accusations by some people and group ascribing the criminality of some idiots in Ogun and Lagos states as that perpetrated by "Ijaws".

For the record, it is unfair to even assume that Ijaws will be interested in crises on Yoruba soil. We are a peaceloving and law-abiding group.

It is incumbent on the Police and other agencies to fish out perpetrators of those heinous crimes irrespective of their ethnic affiliations, and deal decisively with them.

Exactly.... . So Anyone who uses speed boat must be Ijaw ? Then anyone who eats ewedu is Yoruba or anyone who imports is Igbo

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by OlujobaSamuel: 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

they are militants from the Niger delta region, they don't speak yoruba, I understands ibibio, efik, annang when I hear one, so they don't speak that either, they don't speak igbo, we can all see them, they relate with the good ijaw citizens with the community in terms of communication, if you want physical confirmation, you can go to these areas to confirm yourself, just note that you can't make calls in their presence nor can you raise your phone in such a position that enables recording.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by pepigeorge(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
baby124:
Are they not militants and Ijaws? When you groom a monster it will come outside one day and disgrace you. You think Yoruba's will say they are Ijaw without confirming that they are? We don't make emotional outbursts.

Stop making allegations u dont have substantial proof of. The militants are SOMALIANS after all the dullard PMB said the fulani herdsmen are lybian terrorist and you all knowing yoruba kept mute...

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Yinkay: 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

And who told you they are ijaws? Did you carry out DNA[b][/b] on them or do they write Ijaw on people's foreheads? Treat criminals like criminals.

Izon means truth, we can NEVER shield criminality

Never knew DNA can identify one's ethnicity apart from some physical features,name,intonation and language,etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by treasuremi1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
You are just being theatrical. NO single Yorubaman will be killed in Ijawland without perpetrators fished out by Ijaw people and dealt with.

I recall before the election when people were spoiling for war, I said Whether jonathan wins or not, NOTHING will happen to non-Ijaws on Ijaw soil be it Fulani or Efik. Election came and nothing happened.

our strong value as ijaw people is the respect and value for human lives, we only respond in retaliation to attack on us... But again, we don't pray nor wish for such because the lives of the victims from either side are of great value.

Deal with the criminals, but it won't be appropriate to terrorise innocent Ijaws in yorubaland to prove a point.

Note very well. Yorubas are not extremists who will terrorise innocent ijaws living in yorubaland. But posters above have proven beyond doubt that these militants are ijaw youths. Just as The boko haram terrorists are hausas and fulanis. They are meeting their water loo already and same thing will happen to these ijaw militants terrorising Yorubas on yorubaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by QuotaSystem: 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
cktheluckyman:

help me tell the useless Burutai and his fellow useless officers to do their jobs and stop pointing fingers

For the record.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Sheggy13(m): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
rigarmortis:

its just like a yoruba person saying yoruba people are not fond of ritual killing and deep forest human organ trafficking.....how does that sound?

you cant actually make your point without this billboard display of your stupidity.
You're a blockhead if you cannot see the reason why I included that analogy. You gave a similar analogy to buttress my point with that of Yorubas. Same mistake Barcanista is making in this thread that I'm pointing out that you do not try to defend a group of people with different good and bad elements as if they are all upright. I know if I had used Yoruba as my initial analogy, you wouldn't have called it stupidity but rather cheer me on. That's the hypocrisy of you lots. Now common eff off my mention.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
Sheggy13:

You can't speak on behalf of millions of Ijaws with different moral, social and educational backgrounds. It's just like an Igbo person saying Igbos cannot traffic drugs. You're not in the head of every Ijaw man in Nigeria to predict correctly what they can do or cannot do. Because you're civil and peace-loving doesn't mean every Ijaw man out there is, ditto other ethnic groups. There are good and bad elements in every tribe. The IYC President is also saying the NDA guys are not Ijaw guys when they have come boldly to identify majority of themselves as Ijaws. Just check out some of their names. You don't make categorical statements like the militants are not Ijaws. Those are mere emotional and sentimental statements. What if they're caught and found out to be Ijaw. That's one good thing about Yorubas. They're the ones that denigrate and insult their own sons more when he misbehaves, even before other tribes do. I can give you many instances.
What we are saying is that irrespective of their tribe, the media should stop ascribing Ijaw to the crime.

it is like he saying "Yoruba man sold baby for 1500 Naira" or Ijaw man was caught trafficking drugs.

The median should drop tribal coloring.

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by modath(f): 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
AgentOrange:

My dear,

I do not support violent agitations like employed by the NDA but I just want to ask you one question, how do you advise the people of the ND to go about their struggle that will yield results?

In Nigeria, it looks like the only language understood is violence. embarassed

I'm going to list a few things.

1. The kidnap and harassment of expatriates in the ND drove the corporate offices to the SW, mind you the exploration and extraction of crude didn't stop.

2. Odi was levelled to the ground. .

3. Some foot soldiers of militant warlords were sent abroad on training

4. Militant warlords are as rich as croesus

5. ND politicians have deemed elective office as personal ATM (at the detriment of their people) ,made it a do or die affair & see nothing wrong in arming their army of employed youths for their own selfish purposes....

Pray tell, in what way has violent agitation improved the "personal" fortunes of the average Tamuno, Preye or Fyneface?

Answer that first then we can discuss...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by tinktanker: 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

http://punchng.com/ijaws-not-behind-violent-attacks-lagos-ogun-iyc/
my ppl are too blind to c the divide n rule techniques been played out here by the northern govt
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by IamAtribalist: 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I have always kept mute waiting for the response of IYC over the baseless allegations and accusations by some people and group ascribing the criminality of some idiots in Ogun and Lagos states as that perpetrated by "Ijaws".

cool But wait Is NDA Ijaw or NOT? Yes or No?
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by tdayof(m): 6:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
NDA- IJAW Militants and whatsoever others are also called are all cowards. Always denying everything when the military takes huge action against them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by dadaijboy: 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by IamAtribalist: 6:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Which ammunition?? Are Ijaw people manufacturers of ammunition or sole distributors? Did the indigene carry out DNA test? What concerns militants with Ogun state or Lagos state?

Simply put, those guys terrorising your people are CRIMINALS. They are NOT Ijaw people and do NOT represent Ijaw nation

Tonye you are been too emotional about this. Nobody says they are NOT criminals - they just happen to be criminals who are IJAW.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Abagworo(m): 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ijaws are intelligent and are trying to avoid the death of millions of Ijaws while Igbos are begging death to come. What the IYC President said is like Ohaneze youth President saying IPOB are not Igbos.

Ndigbo should now be wise enough to understand the antecedents. It's obvious that should any war start Ijaws will immediately declare their support for one Nigeria while Igbos will die naively. I pray for my people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Newmanluckyman(m): 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
joeyfire:
So besides ppl coming to self-service out their bigotry and racism on this thread their is NO sensible, concrete pointer to the source of this "Ijaw militant" story.

Just like how they claimed Ijaws/Igbos were behind boko haram and foreigners were behind the killer herdsmen. The day this country will fall apart it will be silent and swift. All this dangerous tribalism will be the deathblow to a weakened country.
... Good point. Today, Hausa and Fulani hate been tagged "bokoharam" , fulani disassociates herself from the violent herdsmen, ijaws from the deadly militants.The same OP and his likes here have consistently use the word "fulani herdsmen" to condemn their heinous activities,uses the word "IPOB" to tag anyone that has a different view about APC govt. In those instances, the OP and his likes never care to subject anyone to a DNA or forensic test before ascribing all of them to be fulani herdsmen, IPOB, Wailers, Zombies, etc. But now that it concerns them, they have all resorted to cherry-picking and window-dressing.The same manner in which an unfortunate coup that took place in 1966 by nigerians from all shades was tagged an IGBO coup. What a tribalistic and hypocritical country is this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by Tunagee(m): 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by IamAtribalist: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
Abagworo:
Ijaws are intelligent and are trying to avoid the death of millions of Ijaws while Igbos are begging death to come. What the IYC President said is like Ohaneze youth President saying IPOB are not Igbos.

Ndigbo should now be wise enough to understand the antecedents. It's obvious that should any war start Ijaws will immediately declare their support for one Nigeria while Igbos will die naively. I pray for my people.

cool Finally an Igbo man with sense. May the gods bless you Abagworo. I was surprised to find out after I joined Nairaland that even the Ijaws are seeming politically more astute than the Igbos - I would not have guessed that in a million years! cool

1 Like

Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by SaffronSpice: 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
pepigeorge:

Stop making allegations u dont have substantial proof of. The militants are SOMALIANS after all the dullard PMB said the fulani herdsmen are lybian terrorist and you all knowing yoruba kept mute...
undecided
Re: Ijaws Not Behind Attacks On Lagos, Ogun – IYC by chilltoo(m): 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
Time will tell if they are Ijaw or not,most people affected had described them to be majorly Ijaw people.
Military bombardment of the creeks has begun today at Arepo and its environment killing a lot of militants that can't be numbered as at d time of the report.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Can Rule Nigeria From Anywhere In The World - Presidency / Makinde Araoye: Fayemi’s Aide Appoints ‘62 Personal Assistants’ / What Recent Surrender Of Boko Haram Members Means For Nigeria’s Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.