Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club (8223 Views)

Latest Book On Amazon.com / Author Of Say You're One Of Them Visits Usf On Wednesday, November 18, At 4 Pm / What Is John Grisham's Latest Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club by bawomolo(m): 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2009
it didn't take long to bring ethnicity and religion into this.
Re: Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club by africhika(f): 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2009
i HEART this book cool
huge kudos to akpan
Re: Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club by viee(f): 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2009
this is far by the best African book i have read in a while (havnt read much thou).
have to say i rate it better than Chimamanda Adichie's 2 books i have also read. . . personal opinion

different languages/ diff settings- countires/ fanatastic stories/ a wonderful narration!

thump up man!
Re: Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club by rasputinn(m): 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2009
Very refreshing,as I thought the only thing oprah had to say about all Nigerian is that we're all corrupt
Re: Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club by Ndipe(m): 2:10am On Sep 24, 2009
The man's novel and his selection/induction into Oprah's book club, I think, would lead to an interest in Nigerian literature again.
Re: Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club by Gamine(f): 2:27am On Sep 24, 2009
The man's novel and his selection/induction into Oprah's book club, I think, would lead to an interest in Nigerian literature again.

yeah, i thought so too

These are good times for writers, i think i should hurry up and finish that book ^_^
Re: Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club by opad(m): 3:16am On Sep 24, 2009
Who the hell is Oprah? I detest her ever since she made those remarks about Nigeria and asked the American govt to sever relationship with 9ja. Suddenly evryone here praise her, good one for Akpan though. Her show used to be my favorite cos i was proud of the fact she's black doing magnificient things o'er there, but i was devastated when she made those Ugly defamating statements on Nigerians. Too bad im not in US.
Re: Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club by Orikinla(m): 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2009
Uwem's book has jumped from the rank of about 6, 000 to the 30th position on Amazon's Best Selling books within 24 hours.

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #30 in Books

Do more by digging it on http://digg.com/world_news/Say_You_re_One_of_Them_Is_a_Must_Read
Re: Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club by chienigma(f): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2009
opad:

Who the hell is Oprah? I detest her ever since she made those remarks about Nigeria and asked the American govt to sever relationship with 9ja. Suddenly evryone here praise her, good one for Akpan though. Her show used to be my favorite cos i was proud of the fact she's black doing magnificient things o'er there, but i was devastated when she made those Ugly defamating statements on Nigerians. Too bad im not in US.

I'm with u joo. Oprah lost me as a fan of her person and her show when she went on that anti- Nigeria campaign of hers. I couldn't care less what she thinks of anything now.[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club by Orikinla(m): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2009
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #19 in Books

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buchi Emecheta, Exit Of A Rock Of Feminism / 16 Notes On How To End A Life By Akachi Chukwuemeka. UNN Suicidal Student / Rhoda Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.