Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

"Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. (26175 Views)

Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?” / Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? / Why Should We Hire You? The Answer To The Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by nmreports: 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hi folks,

Trust your day is going fine.
Like some of you are already aware of how I am passionate about knowledge sharing and self improvement, I am compelled to bring up this discussion because of something that happened at my workplace.

So, one of the historical HR questions that have stood the test of time during interviews is "Why Should We Hire You?".
It is an age old inquiry skill that illuminates how you view yourself and how smartly you can convey that message across.

For example, you are at an interview with Guranty Trust Bank and you were asked this question, the foregoing answer should help you in forming your own answer.

Interviewer: Why Should We Hire You?

Interviewee: I believe one of the greatest gift any employer can get is to have employees who are reliable and can be counted on to do their jobs when you turn your back. I am a positive, self motivated individual who is passionate about whatever i put my mind into. If I do not believe in a thing I do not get involved in it. I believe in Guaranty Trust Bank, I have always wanted to be a part of the family and you can count on me to do a good job.

Kindly share how you answer this question and let us learn. Most especially let new graduates and those who are searching for same question learn.

You can read some more interesting stuff on www.nairamode..com

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by nmreports: 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
You can look at some of my past threads for other threads that could help.

3 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by pepigeorge(m): 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
Gtbank interviewer: why should we hire u
Me: I can get ur bank 1billion naira in 3 month. I know people alot. My brother is the comissioner of finance in delta state.. Hon mike....... the comissioner of work is my friend, I was his bestman

If they believe ur boldness..they will gv u the

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by databoy247(m): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
pepigeorge:
Me: I can get ur bank 1billion naira in 3 month. I know people alot. My brother is the comissioner of finance in delta state.. Hon mike....... the comissioner of work is my friend, I was his bestman

grin grin

Sometimes straying away from the norms might actually be your saving grace and land you the job.

Recently I was reading what a recruiter posted on LinkedIn. He said during an interview he asked a young man;

Recruiter: "why should we hire you?".

Young man: "You test dating apps don't you?"

Recruiter: "yes, we do. But what has that got to do with my question?"

Young man: "you are hiring me because I would ensure the dating apps you test come out error free and works perfectly. I want to use the perfect dating app the find the perfect woman of my dreams".

Recruiter: "You are hired!".

grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by pepigeorge(m): 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
databoy247:

grin grin

Sometimes straying away from the norms might actually be your saving grace and land you the job.

Recently I was reading what a recruiter posted on LinkedIn. He said during an interview he asked a young man;

Recruiter: "why should we hire you?".

Young man: "You test dating apps don't you?"

Recruiter: "yes, we do. But what has that got to do with my question?"

Young man: "you are hiring me because I would ensure the dating apps you test come out error free and works perfectly. I want to use the perfect dating app the find the perfect woman of my dreams".

Recruiter: "You are hired!".

grin

They want to see something that is different and bold
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by Omobarca: 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
Recruiter: Why should we hire you?
Me: Because you are hiring.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by Manamax(m): 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
Point out how your assets meet what the organization needs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by dreamwords: 2:04am On Jul 30, 2016
Because i have what it takes to do the job and deliver exceptional results

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by nmreports: 8:26am On Jul 30, 2016
Great update guys.
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by madenigga(m): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2016
pepigeorge:

Then what happens after u re hired and ur assertion is false?

2 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by pepigeorge(m): 10:22am On Jul 30, 2016
madenigga:

Then what happens after u re hired and ur assertion is false?

The same thing dat happened wen PMB told us b4 election that he wud make $1= N1 and after electing himm
$1=N345....... did anything happen. ... is he not still d president. .....
Nothing will happen. ...

163 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by kachimor(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2016
I undoubtedly will be the most productive asset to our establishment".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by EdoBoy90(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by nmreports: 7:11am On Aug 01, 2016
kachimor:
I undoubtedly will be the most productive asset to our establishment".

I personally think what you said is good but doesn't really spell out why exactly you should be hired.

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by nmreports: 7:05am On Aug 06, 2016
Happy weekend guys.
Let's keep answers coming.
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by onward4life(m): 6:07am On Aug 11, 2016
nmreports:
Hi folks,

Trust your day is going fine.
Like some of you are already aware of how I am passionate about knowledge sharing and self improvement, I am compelled to bring up this discussion because of something that happened at my workplace.

So, one of the historical HR questions that have stood the test of time during interviews is "Why Should We Hire You?".
It is an age old inquiry skill that illuminates how you view yourself and how smartly you can convey that message across.

For example, you are at an interview with Guranty Trust Bank and you were asked this question, the foregoing answer should help you in forming your own answer.

Interviewer: Why Should We Hire You?

Interviewee: I believe one of the greatest gift any employer can get is to have employees who are reliable and can be counted on to do their jobs when you turn your back. I am a positive, self motivated individual who is passionate about whatever i put my mind into. If I do not believe in a thing I do not get involved in it. I believe in Guaranty Trust Bank, I have always wanted to be a part of the family and you can count on me to do a good job.

Kindly share how you answer this question and let us learn. Most especially let new graduates and those who are searching for same question learn.

You can read some more interesting stuff on www.nairamode..com

Brother thanks i appreciate your nice write up, but please i need your assistance on something that keep leaving me any time i put my mind on something else. It is about this question sir. MAY WE MEET YOU. PLEASE HELP ME PROFER SOLUTION TO THIS ,but i dont konw if u have treated this particular topic bfo sha .just kill it once and all. Thanks

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by Mynd44: 6:41am On Aug 11, 2016
Interviewer: Why should we hire you?
Me: Because I need the money so as not to starve to death. It is not so difficult

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by RichYoungNigga: 6:42am On Aug 11, 2016
Interviewer : Why should we hire you ??

Me : Because i voted for an ignorant man who promised to make $1 to be 1 naira, promised us free 200 thousand naira every month, i just realized i made the worst mistake of the century, i need this job so i can be able to at least buy garri to drink, if i don't get this job, i will rob you today.

Interviewer: Fam, say no more, you got the job, when will you start work ??

Me : I started my work right from when i came for the interview and i have been here for 5 hours, add the 5 hours to my monthly payment

17 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by lonelydora: 6:42am On Aug 11, 2016
Bank interviewer: why should we hire you?

Me: Because i have rich uncles in different industries, I will make sure they bank with your bank.

Meanwhile

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by Talius(m): 6:43am On Aug 11, 2016
The answer isn't supposed to be a crammed epistle, but a passionate statement as relates to the applied job's interview at hand.

Meanwhile, today's my birthday, it won't hurt you all to wish me a happy birthday.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by veekid(m): 6:44am On Aug 11, 2016
sad

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 11, 2016
Hire me because I NEED A MUTHAFVCKING JOB AND YOU NEED A MUTHAFVCKIN EMPLOYEE.

1 Like

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by kaen1317: 6:46am On Aug 11, 2016
Hire In this era of layoffs and firing? My answer would be, "am willing to do volunteer service"
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by okonja(m): 6:47am On Aug 11, 2016
Speak like a boss cheesy Because I have what would be of value to this company. cool

2 Likes

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by idris4r83(m): 6:48am On Aug 11, 2016
Think of this question as an invitation to sell yourself. You do not get many chances to tell the interviewer exactly why you are the best candidate, so do not waste this opportunity. What unique benefits will you provide if you are hired? What makes you stand out from the other candidates?
Points to Emphasize
Even though this is a great opportunity, selling yourself can be a daunting task. Not only do you need to choose your words carefully, the tone and attitude you have also speak about who you are.
You should be unique. More than anything else, you should have a unique thing to say about yourself. The last thing you want is to blend in with the other candidates. Be confident in yourself. If you believe your qualifications are more than enough, the interviewer will as well. Adding a personal touch can be effective. Outlining previous success will make the investment of hiring you more appealing. You can show off a little. It is okay to be bold. Selling yourself is most effective this way.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by samx4real(m): 6:48am On Aug 11, 2016
Because am here to work, its either u hire me now or never!

#gbam
#That's all grin
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by Flexherbal(m): 6:49am On Aug 11, 2016
It is just an opportunity to sell yourself.
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by Emeca: 6:49am On Aug 11, 2016
-

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by Toluwani111: 6:49am On Aug 11, 2016
Because I have two legs
grin
Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by aspirebig: 6:52am On Aug 11, 2016
The question gives you the opportunity to sell yourself. Talk more on your strength,past achievements,successes especially if you have years of experience. Let the HR guys know the value you are bringing on to their brand,your worth,how you can use your knowledge,experience and skills to turn things around practically and also increase and improve on what you met on ground.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 11, 2016
I'm here to learn cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Salary For Non-medical HND Graduate At A University Teaching Hospital / N-power Batch C: Unsuccessful N-power Batch C Applicants Moved To Stream 2 / Reconfirmation Of (nis) Immigration Application Form 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.