Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia (42618 Views)

German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x / Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by annnikky(f): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
WomanWrappa:

Wanna give you a pm please I will be highly dilighted to see your reply
Hmmmm undecided
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by WomanWrappa(m): 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
annnikky:

Hmmmm undecided

Can I??
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by MoyoGENERAL: 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheModsAreMad:
What he created is a walkie talkie, and it's mostly used in the military/paramilitary. He can't commercialize it, infact he can only use it within his domain.

there are stringent laws binding radio frequency allocation/usage, due to interference issues. He will need a license to operate it in a public domain.

"If you think you can improve on that, Ogbeni go Invent something too na".
Even though it's a one way comm....that boy deserves a great applause!
At least Namibia knows him, Africa knows him, Now you and I know him!
I think He had made His Mark! Walkie talkie, or talkie walkie, be it any, surely this lad has made his mark! And definitely He will go Places!
As I respect your constructive criticism, you need to always add few lines of commendation before that!
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by macaranta(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
Okay
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
Can one make calls without Sim card?
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by billyG(m): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheModsAreMad:

Bro, stop dreaming. It's a walkie-talkie and it's mostly used by law enforcement agencies such as in the military and police and some other special organizations that has been authorized to use it.

It has a relatively short range of communication and limited channels.

You can't just make use of the radio spectrum anyhow without obtaining a license unless you will restrict/limit it's usage to a confined area and not a public domain.
DId Radio biafra apply 4 license?
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Kingosytex(m): 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
HOW....................?
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
billyG:

DId Radio biafra apply 4 license?

Lol, this your comment is very funny and it reeks of ignorance. You can go and ask NCC.

The fact is that before you can make use of the RF spectrum especially if it will cover a wide area, you must obtain a license else you are operating illegally and you will be tracked and shut down by the governing bodies incharge of RF spectrum management.
In Nigeria we have; NCC, NFMC, and NBC
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by billyG(m): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheModsAreMad:

Lol, this your comment is very funny and it reeks of ignorance. You can go and ask NCC.

The fact is that before you can make use of the RF spectrum especially if it will cover a wide area, you must obtain a license else you are operating illegally and you will be tracked and shut down by the governing bodies incharge of RF spectrum management.
In Nigeria we have; NCC, NFMC, and NBC
u are d 1 that is ignorant they are operating illegally without a license or ethics of broadcasting.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by sabyjunior(m): 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
Serious pikin, I pray u go far
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by BushDoctor123: 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
lonelydora:
The boy invented a walkie talkie and not a phone. Walkie talkie is what we call a ONE-WAY communication gadget. Two people cannot speak at the same time, one must speak and wait for the other to speak.....reason the communication goes thus:

Me: come-in Lalasticlala, Over
Lala: Yea bros, Over
Me: snake topic no dey 2day? Over
Lala: I never see anyone ooooo, Over
Etc....

He needs licence to operate a telephone communication.

All the same, congratulations to the small boy.

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step"
This guy bad no be small.

1 Like

Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by anigold(m): 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
dridowu:

http://cctv-africa.com/2016/07/29/schoolboy-in-namibia-invents-phone-that-doesnt-use-airtime/

Before you know Samsung or Microsoft will hijack this talent away from Africa..
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Biospnx(m): 12:44am On Jul 31, 2016
Tintinnoty:
Op pishure plssss
adonbelivit
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Slimflame(m): 1:36am On Jul 31, 2016
eunisam:
picture or......
u don bilivit
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 31, 2016
saintneo:
that's how Mark Zuckerberg started.

That's not how mark Zuckerberg started AT ALL. He didn't take components of existing devices, couple them back together and Call it an invention..
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Gimdan(m): 6:09am On Jul 31, 2016
OK o....plz,I need the kogi list of shortlisted DSS/SSC for Nigerian army..plssssss
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:39am On Jul 31, 2016
lonelydora:
The boy invented a walkie talkie and not a phone. Walkie talkie is what we call a ONE-WAY communication gadget. Two people cannot speak at the same time, one must speak and wait for the other to speak.....reason the communication goes thus:

Me: come-in Lalasticlala, Over
Lala: Yea bros, Over
Me: snake topic no dey 2day? Over
Lala: I never see anyone ooooo, Over
Etc....

my brother, its not a ONE WAY gadget, its a TWO WAY- HALF DUPLEX. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by lonelydora: 11:08am On Jul 31, 2016
pinkyruledworld:

my brother, its not a ONE WAY gadget, its a TWO WAY- HALF DUPLEX. Enjoy

I didn't want to go further. I just explained to laymen. Thanks anyway
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by pinkyruledworld(m): 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
lonelydora:

I didn't want to go further. I just explained to laymen. Thanks anyway

Oh, u welcome tho

1 Like

Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by aghocourage(m): 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=Gimdan post=48044459]OK o....plz,I need the kogi list of shortlisted DSS/SSC for Nigerian army..plssssss[/quote

Please someone should help with thr list for Edo ssc]
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by Temiwrites(f): 10:33am On Aug 12, 2016
Stop putting people down...whether it is a walkie-talkie or not, he has done something real and he needs to be commended.
Re: Simon Petrus Invents Simless Phone That Doesn’t Use Airtime In Namibia by tck2000(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2019
Great

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Data Charges: 10 Things I Will Start Doing / Q&a: Why Airtel's BB Subscription Would Stop Working On Other Devices By 3rd Dec / Bluesky: Jack Dorsey Launches Twitter Alternative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.