Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks (1151 Views)

Google Adsense Invalid Traffic Adsense For Content (all You Need To Know) / Blogging: How Google Meta Tags Affect SEO / How Google Detects Invalid Clicks And Causes Of Adsense Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
How Google detects fraudulent clicks

1. The clicker’s IP address matches the one on your adsense account. It’s a no-brainer. Don’t click on your own ads.

2. Suspiciously high CTR According to a report I read, anything above 10% will be flagged, but 6% or 7% would probably be a safer limit.

3. Clickers’ IP addresses come from the same geographical area This is for those who think they can get away with clicking on their ads from their friends’ computer, their grandma’s computer, and their neighbor’s computer. It just ain’t gonna work.

4. Cookies Most users don’t use the same IP address everytime they login. That’s why google stores the IP addresses related to a particular user in a cookie. If you thought using a proxy clicker bot was gonna make you an adsense millionnaire, don’t quit your day job.

5. Short-stay pattern Usually, visitors on your site take a few seconds to check out your content, and then maybe they’ll click on your links. Google doesn’t like it the other way around, i.e. if they only stay a few seconds just to click on links.

6. One-site pattern Google compares different users’ activities on different sites. It will ask: why is this user clicking on ads on site X and not on any other site?

7. Direct-access pattern Google doesn’t like it when one category of users clicks on your ads more than another. In particular, they don’t like it when users who access your site directly (i.e. no referrer) click on your ads but no one else does. So much for click exchange forums.

8. Big Brother Google doesn’t just own adsense. They also own gmail, google earth, and a host of other applications. They WILL track your IP accross these applications so don’t think that just because you don’t use an IP to login to adsense you can use it to click on your ads.

9. The invisible website If your website doesn’t rank highly on google’s search engine, they may get suspicious if you get an insane amount of traffic and clicks. The traffic won’t get you banned, but all those clicks better be legit.

10. Begging the click Don’t write stuff like “please visit our sponsors” on your webpage. You have to be a slowpoke to think that Google can own a search engine and not find out about this sort of thing.

11 Conversions I’m not sure how they verify this one, but it’s obvious: if your clicks don’t convert, it don’t look good.
How Google detects fraudulent clicks

1 Like

Re: How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks by gidimasters(m): 9:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks by industrious: 3:41am On Jul 30, 2016
Everything was insightful and going fine until you started duplicating it to 3 post

1 Like

Re: How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 30, 2016
Thats very Good
Re: How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks by bet9ja(m): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
Very educative, Please edit the triplicate
Re: How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks by fineyemi(m): 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
Good 1 there.
Re: How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2018
bet9ja:
Very educative, Please edit the triplicate

Done, fix your blog
Re: How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2019
industrious:
Everything was insightful and going fine until you started duplicating it to 3 post

meaning?
Re: How Google Dictates Adsense Invalid Clicks by umarfaruqu: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2019
Pls help me on how I can register my ATM card to make Google payment

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Mark Zuckerburg Running On A Bridge In Lagos / Get Awesome Web Services With A Difference At Yemlat / Buy Iptv With 5000+ HD Channel 4500+ Vod Talentiptv.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.