Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. (18368 Views)

An Atheist On Judgment Day / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / 13 Interesting Ways To Become An Atheist On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
The atheist logic:

[b][/b]

Well in your attempt to get your message across clearly, you slured other religion making it seem christianity is the one and only pure religion.

Now, putting aside the fact that I'm an atheist. Let's talk about your bible...

Tell me, from genesis till revelation, where God said ' I bring to you, a new religion called CHRISTIANITY'?
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I've made it a point to ignore you from yesterdays evening on, you ALWAYS pass insults and I won't keep up with you on that

Just passing the message across, kindly get it straight

Even the "King of Trolls" carries conversations better
Don't take this as a personal attack, please don't

If there's anyone else interested in my answer to the question, kindly copy paste it and I promise to answer

So this question is now an insult mr guru Landlord? Ok o. Pls winner01 or kingebukanaija help me and copy the question and ask him directly so he can answer.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by hopefulLandlord: 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
You dont have an answer do yhu? grin
If you're really interested in an answer, you'll copy and paste it

Truth is my conversations with Naijadeyhia is never 2 adults talking
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jadonjack:

Well in your attempt to get your message across clearly, you slured other religion making it seem christianity is the one and only pure religion.

Tell me, from genesis till revelation, where God said ' I bring to you, a new religion called CHRISTIANITY'?

CHRISTIANITY is not a religion. You Atheists call it a religion not us. We call it a way of life. CHRISTIAN means "like christ" so CHRISTIANITY means LIVING LIKE CHRIST. Its not ritualistic but is one life with the follower of its teaching. In essence its something you practice with the Help of the spirit of Christ until the message becomes your very life. Preach it! Walk it! Live it! ITS IN THE CHRISTIAN!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by hopefulLandlord: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
Ive been to reddit severally and ive spent a very long time there.
Trying to look for what can shake my faith. But its a shame. 80% of their threads are anti christian and lack content.

I was just replying someone who says American atheists and theists don't argue on internet
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

If you're really interested in an answer, you'll copy and paste it

Truth is my conversations with Naijadeyhia is never 2 adults talking

Yeah its always one elder (naijadeyhia) and one zygote (hopefulllandlord) yapping. I must say I experience a lot of face palm moments with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jadonjack:

Na wa oo.

This thread is about atheism not the Bible.

I dont think you will accept my discussions about the Bible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I was just replying someone who says American atheists and theists don't argue on internet

okay.

Are you an Atheist? If yes, pick the category you belong below;

1) Intellectual atheist/agnostic

This type of nonbeliever seeks information and intellectual stimulation about atheism.

They like debating and arguing, particularly on popular Internet sites.

They’re also well-versed in books and articles about religion and atheism, and prone to citing those works frequently.

2) Activist

These kinds of atheists and agnostics are not content with just disbelieving in God; they want to tell others why they reject religion and why society would be better off if we all did likewise.

They tend to be vocal about political causes like gay rights, feminism, the environment and the care of animals.

3) Seeker-agnostic

This group is made up of people who are unsure about the existence of a God but keep an open mind and recognize the limits of human knowledge and experience.

They are the people who regularly question their own beliefs and “do not hold a firm ideological position.”

That doesn’t mean this group is confused, they just embrace uncertainty.

4) Anti-theist

This group regularly speaks out against religion and religious beliefs, usually by positioning themselves as “diametrically opposed to religious ideology,”.

“Anti-theists view religion as ignorance and see any individual or institution associated with it as backward and socially detrimental,” the researchers wrote. “The Anti-Theist has a clear and – in their view, superior – understanding of the limitations and danger of religions.”

Anti-theists are outspoken, devoted and – at times – confrontational about their disbelief. They believe that “obvious fallacies in religion and belief should be aggressively addressed in some form or another.”

5) Non-theist

The smallest group among the six are the non-theists, people who do not involve themselves with either religion or anti-religion.

In many cases, this comes across as apathy or disinterest.

“A Non-Theist simply does not concern him or herself with religion,“Religion plays no role or issue in one’s consciousness or worldview; nor does a Non- Theist have concern for the atheist or agnostic movement.”

“They simply do not believe, and in the same right, their absence of faith means the absence of anything religion in any form from their mental space.”

6) Ritual atheist

They don’t believe in God, they don’t associate with religion, and they tend to believe there is no afterlife, but the sixth type of nonbeliever still finds useful the teachings of some religious traditions.

“They see these as more or less philosophical teachings of how to live life and achieve happiness than a path to transcendental liberation, “For example, these individuals may participate in specific rituals, ceremonies, musical opportunities, meditation, yoga classes, or holiday traditions.”

For many of these nonbelievers, their adherence to ritual may stem from family traditions. For others, its a personal connection to, or respect for, the “profound symbolism” inherent within religious rituals, beliefs and ceremonies.

So Mr Hopefullandlord which one are you?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by hopefulLandlord: 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
okay.

Are you an Atheist? If yes, pick the category you belong below;

1) Intellectual atheist/agnostic

This type of nonbeliever seeks information and intellectual stimulation about atheism.

They like debating and arguing, particularly on popular Internet sites.

They’re also well-versed in books and articles about religion and atheism, and prone to citing those works frequently.

2) Activist

These kinds of atheists and agnostics are not content with just disbelieving in God; they want to tell others why they reject religion and why society would be better off if we all did likewise.

They tend to be vocal about political causes like gay rights, feminism, the environment and the care of animals.

3) Seeker-agnostic

This group is made up of people who are unsure about the existence of a God but keep an open mind and recognize the limits of human knowledge and experience.

They are the people who regularly question their own beliefs and “do not hold a firm ideological position.”

That doesn’t mean this group is confused, they just embrace uncertainty.

4) Anti-theist

This group regularly speaks out against religion and religious beliefs, usually by positioning themselves as “diametrically opposed to religious ideology,”.

“Anti-theists view religion as ignorance and see any individual or institution associated with it as backward and socially detrimental,” the researchers wrote. “The Anti-Theist has a clear and – in their view, superior – understanding of the limitations and danger of religions.”

Anti-theists are outspoken, devoted and – at times – confrontational about their disbelief. They believe that “obvious fallacies in religion and belief should be aggressively addressed in some form or another.”

5) Non-theist

The smallest group among the six are the non-theists, people who do not involve themselves with either religion or anti-religion.

In many cases, this comes across as apathy or disinterest.

“A Non-Theist simply does not concern him or herself with religion,“Religion plays no role or issue in one’s consciousness or worldview; nor does a Non- Theist have concern for the atheist or agnostic movement.”

“They simply do not believe, and in the same right, their absence of faith means the absence of anything religion in any form from their mental space.”

6) Ritual atheist

They don’t believe in God, they don’t associate with religion, and they tend to believe there is no afterlife, but the sixth type of nonbeliever still finds useful the teachings of some religious traditions.

“They see these as more or less philosophical teachings of how to live life and achieve happiness than a path to transcendental liberation, “For example, these individuals may participate in specific rituals, ceremonies, musical opportunities, meditation, yoga classes, or holiday traditions.”

For many of these nonbelievers, their adherence to ritual may stem from family traditions. For others, its a personal connection to, or respect for, the “profound symbolism” inherent within religious rituals, beliefs and ceremonies.

So Mr Hopefullandlord which one are you?

I'm more of a seeker agnostic

But also part activist
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
Na wa oo.

This thread is about atheism not the Bible.

I dont think you will accept my discussions about the Bible.

The thread is about atheism yet yu talked about other religion

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

But also part activist

So you have an activists side and you seek the truth. So if Christianity is one out of the many truths you seek why attack it? Wouldnt it be better for you to just passively observe or you ask the right questions that actually seeks knowledge rather than bashing the very knowledge you seek?

Acrivists are known to be passionate people so you ought to be passionate about this truth you seek but each time on every thread you do the direct opposite. How then do you want to know when you do not position your heart and mind to know?
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by hopefulLandlord: 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
Winner01

Is that good enough for you?
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by realmindz: 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I've made it a point to ignore you from yesterdays evening on, you ALWAYS pass insults and I won't keep up with you on that

Just passing the message across, kindly get it straight

Even the "King of Trolls" carries conversations better
Don't take this as a personal attack, please don't

If there's anyone else interested in my answer to the question, kindly copy paste it and I promise to answer
I thought it was just me that felt KingEbukaNaija has better conversation than his twin warrior
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

But also part activist
I think you are far from a seeker agnostic.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by realmindz: 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:

Ill keep on doing it here my brother. grin
and that's why I said u are a zombie..

pls, u were given a book which u put ur entire life on. u did not bother to do a proper search on its truth and foundation.

I have an advice for u, spare a day and be 100% sincere to ursef, determine within u that u want to take the challenge to know the truth about what u ve based ur whole life on, I think it's worth it.

Find out how d bible was compiled, try to fix the puzzle of the time line, when did christianity begin, where? when was jesus born? even julius ceasar has a known birthday on the calender but somehw we can't fix that of Jesus.

Then ask further questions about ur bible and the contradictions in it, the issue of races, adam and eve is a clear prove to make u see between the lines...but somehw u ve chosen to lack knowledge and ur life is 100% based on book of myths.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by hopefulLandlord: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
I think you are far from a seeker agnostic.

I just picked one that's close

I'm agnostic atheist
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by hopefulLandlord: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
realmindz:

I thought it was just me that felt KingEbukaNaija has better conversation than his twin warrior
I tell you

KingEbuka trolls with sense

One or two lines of trolling and many lines of good points unlike this other guy that just gives 3 lines of insults and 2 lines of conjecture

I was at first going with the flow, thinking he'll soon slow it down or stop but it just kept getting worse

If I were here primarily to insult, I would've carried on but I'm not

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by honourhim: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
Weah96:

I sense anger in your tone of voice. Is it because I exposed your faith charade for what it is?

You speak to the creator who sees everything. You know he's real. You know that he roasts criminals in a special fire eternally.

Why then do you commit sin? Do you just like to smell the aroma of your roasting corpse?

Do not be offended, I mean no offense. I'm just confused how humans like you can be so courageous and bold to defy a verified authority figure on camera.

This thread is about the behavior traits displayed by atheists on NL.

Well, who is an atheist? The fact that you dare to defy an omnipotent creator with whom you have spoken is a sign that you're either a mad person or you are telling lies about communicating with the creator. If you're telling lies then you too are atheist. You're just an atheist who has gotten comfortable with telling lies.

Human criminals fear the police with their limited scope of vision. Bank robbers cover their faces during heists to avoid detection by police.

Are you saying that you fear the police more than the supposed all seeing creator?

Obviously you are shamefully trying to redefine atheism so as to enlarge your number. Go and read the bible again and see what God talked about man,sin,repentance and God's,grace, mercy and forgiveness.

Stop fooling yourself here. If you want to be sincere in your judgment on us Christians then don't misrepresent the bible. For now you are just messing up yourself. When you are ready to talk bible then we take it up.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
realmindz:

and that's why I said u are a zombie..

pls, u were given a book which u put ur entire life on. u did not bother to do a proper search on its truth and foundation.

I was not given a book, I found a book.
I searched for truth and what I got led me back to scriptures.

realmindz:

I have an advice for u, spare a day and be 100% sincere to ursef, determine within u that u want to take the challenge to know the truth about what u ve based ur whole life on, I think it's worth it.

I spared years doing this and im still doing this.
One thing you dont know, I don criticize christians and christianity pass all of una.

You people here are specially weak and shallow especially when you try to debunk christianity.

realmindz:

Find out how d bible was compiled, try to fix the puzzle of the time line, when did christianity begin, where? when was jesus born? even julius ceasar has a known birthday on the calender but somehw we can't fix that of Jesus.

Christianity began with Christ. Christ existed too.
Even secular sources have confirmed that severally.

realmindz:

Then ask further questions about ur bible and the contradictions in it, the issue of races, adam and eve is a clear prove to make u see between the lines...but somehw u ve chosen to lack knowledge and ur life is 100% based on book of myths.

I dont claim to know all the answers, and neither can anyone. I still have serious questions about life.
But the Bible has consistently proven to be infallible even in the face of centuries of scrutiny.

It does not give us all the answers to science, arts, philosophy e.t.c But it records for us a serious message that can only be decoded by a mind that is honestly open.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I tell you

KingEbuka trolls with sense

One or two lines of trolling and many lines of good points unlike this other guy that just gives 3 lines of insults and 2 lines of conjecture

I was at first going with the flow, thinking he'll soon slow it down or stop but it just kept getting worse

If I were here primarily to insult, I would've carried on but I'm not

I wish you say the same when atheists start to troll.

Myself, KingEbukaNaija, Naijadeyhia and others are just returning the favour.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by hopefulLandlord: 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:
I wish you say the same when atheists start to troll.

Myself, KingEbukaNaija, Naijadeyhia and others are just returning the favour.

There's a difference between trolling and insulting

Trolling when done right is fine and can help conversations

However that guy can't troll properly without straight up insulting all the time, I had several times told him I'm not a fan of such, you can go through my posts and find that out yourself

KingEbuka knows how its done, if you keep insulting with every comment of yours (not once in a while and when proper) it becomes a case of trying to outwit with bigger insults

I'm a grown man with huge trolling experience in soccer websites and chatrooms (WhatsApp BBM) but one thing I try to do is not to make trolling an insult on my opponent, if that happens, it ceases to be trolling done right but a case of what I'll call "Newbie" trying to troll

Hence, it only makes sense for me to ignore him since we can't exchange up to two posts without him insulting me

If there's an insulting atheist, you can also play the ignoring card, you're not obliged to talk to anyone

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster"

Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

There's a difference between trolling and insulting

Trolling when done right is fine and can help conversations

However that guy can't troll properly without straight up insulting all the time, I had several times told him I'm not a fan of such, you can go through my posts and find that out yourself

KingEbuka knows how its done, if you keep insulting with every comment of yours (not once in a while and when proper) it becomes a case of trying to outwit with bigger insults

I'm a grown man with huge trolling experience in soccer websites and chatrooms (WhatsApp BBM) but one thing I try to do is not to make trolling an insult on my opponent, if that happens, it ceases to be trolling done right but a case of what I'll call "Newbie" trying to troll

Hence, it only makes sense for me to ignore him since we can't exchange up to two posts without him insulting me

Listen very carefully. I do not troll you. I know you wish I did but hey my life does not revolve around you.

I only tell you what you have said with your own mouth and you call it trolling? You also say I insult you.....I thought everything was moraly okay with an Atheist so why do my words offend you? Is there a law in the Atheist code book that I broke?

When I want to jab with u I use a meme and you have also began borrowing my own memes in your responses so why don't I get upset? I guess I am more laid back than you are.

If you call my words insults then I wonder what the words of your partner weah96 are or those of other atheists who call us crazy, stupid and fools... words which I have never used on you...so where are the insults? Show me a single post of mine that insulted you or forever hold your peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by realmindz: 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
winner01:

One thing you dont know, I don criticize christians and christianity pass all of una.

You people here are specially weak and shallow especially when you try to debunk christianity.

I dont claim to know all the answers, and neither can anyone. I still have serious questions about life.
But the Bible has consistently proven to be infallible even in the face of centuries of scrutiny.

It does not give us all the answers to science, arts, philosophy e.t.c But it records for us a serious message that can only be decoded by a mind that is honestly open.
I appreciate your response bcus u claim to be open to learn.
I op u find the truth.

Some years back, I wud ve sworn I'll never doubt the bible, but as I studied more and more, I saw the flaws, then the flaws of the concept of religion as a whole.
life is in phases, and depends on choice, one day u may make a choice to rly be sincere about the beliefs u ve held on to for years...

#Man tend to stick to what is closer to their reality...but only the brave can take up d challenge to see that which is truly real.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by virginboy1(m): 7:25am On Jul 31, 2016
Anas09:

Pisssst. Atheists are a confused bunch. They are only brave as long as they live a crisis free life. (I mean the ones who are lured into this trap gullibly). Why did i say this? It's because the principal atheist Campaigners are satanists. They actually are not in charge of thier senses, they are hosts to demons who speak through them. Those who don't know follow on like sheep to their slaughter. When crisis comes, prolonged crisis is when you see them go to pieces.

A friend had me reading Hardly Chase's books again (My Teen years favorites). Last night i finished "No Ochid for Miss Blandish".
Let me quote miss Blandish, Although i know its a messgae Chase was trying to pass across to us his audience.
She says and i quote, " This is something i should be able to work out for myself, but the trouble is i'm not fitted to cope with any major Crisis in my life. I have never had any reason to cope with anything. I have never had any SENSE OF VALUE. I have just enjoyed a good time until this happened...
... Am shamed of myself. Am a person without any background, any character,or ANY FAITH. SOME PEOPLE COULD COPE WITH THIS BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN GOD, BUT I HAVEN'T BELIEVED IN ANYTHING EXCEPT HAVING A GOOD TIME.
At this point she killed herself.
(Blandish, 91).

Who says atheist do not beleive there is God? They do quite alright, its living up to his rules they are against. Satan can't submit to God.
They just have to be here for two reasons if you ask me.
1. Yea, the voice in their heads tells them there's no God and so should go out and convinced others to follow suit. So they are here.
2. Although, the voices say there's no God, the little supressed humanity left in them is asking them some salient questiins, hence; they are here bantering with us to convince themselves that the voices speaking in them are right. But, Alas, they know God exists, but still cant accept it,because they have willingly sold their will to satan.
Read what Chase said through the voice of 'Miss Blandish', the power to be able to cope with challenges were taken from her, how? She was fed wrong information. She was told Rights and Wrongs are what you call them. She had no sense of Value. She merely existed, just like atheists claim, we merely exist, no purpose. So she lived with no purpose, no depth, no background, no faith, nothing to fall back to when crisis comes (because crisis is inevitable in life).
She was empty until she was hit. Then realized she was helpless. Her atheism couldnt help her out of her predicament, her father, the Rich Milloniare couldn't help her out. Then she said, "People who believed in God are those who could come out of such crisis, WHY?

Atheism is Satan's own religion, he leads you on until you can't come back, like" Miss Blandish".
Let's us Christians open our eyes and see.
For those of us who say all the religions of the world are different routes to the Eternal God, Ask yourselves, why is Atheism agaisnt the Christians and Jews alone? Why aren't they as fierce agaisnt Islam with all the atrocities Islam is committing around the world today? Why the anger against Christ?

Yesterday, I had a discussion with a stunch Mary Worshipper (A Catholic). He just came back from the US. He was telling me how bad it is in America. He said he went to Mass and in the whole gigantic Cathedral, they were just 5 of them who went to church on Sunday. And he was the only youth in their midst, and he is in his early 40s. All the others very old folk.
I responded by saying "But for the Evangelicals, Christianity would have been wiped out completely from the world today". He said to me, that's not true, "Catholicism gave the world Christianity. Then I asked him, there was a time Europe was called the" Catholic Europe", does it still apply? Today it's Atheist Europe, why?
Believe it or not, Catholicism has always been on the side of Satan, working out to unfold a satanic agenda stage by stage. Just like atheism. Almost all the world's atheists who came from religious homes were Catholics.
Catholicism set to turn the world's Christians over to Satan with time. Little wonder they fought so seriously to keep everyone bound, just like Islam is doing.
Check out the Romance between the Pope and Gay and Islam.

[b]
Anas09:

Pisssst. Atheists are a confused bunch. They are only brave as long as they live a crisis free life. (I mean the ones who are lured into this trap gullibly). Why did i say this? It's because the principal atheist Campaigners are satanists. They actually are not in charge of thier senses, they are hosts to demons who speak through them. Those who don't know follow on like sheep to their slaughter. When crisis comes, prolonged crisis is when you see them go to pieces.

A friend had me reading Hardly Chase's books again (My Teen years favorites). Last night i finished "No Ochid for Miss Blandish".
Let me quote miss Blandish, Although i know its a messgae Chase was trying to pass across to us his audience.
She says and i quote, " This is something i should be able to work out for myself, but the trouble is i'm not fitted to cope with any major Crisis in my life. I have never had any reason to cope with anything. I have never had any SENSE OF VALUE. I have just enjoyed a good time until this happened...
... Am shamed of myself. Am a person without any background, any character,or ANY FAITH. SOME PEOPLE COULD COPE WITH THIS BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE IN GOD, BUT I HAVEN'T BELIEVED IN ANYTHING EXCEPT HAVING A GOOD TIME.
(Blandish, 91).

Who says atheist do not beleive there is God? They do quite alright, its living up to his rules they are against. Satan can't submit to God.
1. Yea, the voice in their heads tells them there's no God and so should go out and convinced others to follow suit. So they are here.
2. Although, the voices say there's no God, the little supressed humanity left in them is asking them some salient questiins, hence; they are here bantering with us to convince themselves that the voices speaking in them are right. But, Alas, they know God exists, but still cant accept it,because they have willingly sold their will to satan.
Read what Chase said through the voice of 'Miss Blandish', the power to be able to cope with challenges were taken from her, how? She was fed wrong information. She was told Rights and Wrongs are what you call them. She had no sense of Value. She merely existed, just like atheists claim, we merely exist, no purpose. So she lived with no purpose, no depth, no background, no faith, nothing to fall back to when crisis comes (because crisis is inevitable in life).
She was empty until she was hit. Then realized she was helpless. Her atheism couldnt help her out of her predicament, her father, the Rich Milloniare couldn't help her out. Then she said, "People who believed in God are those who could come out of such crisis, WHY?

Atheism is Satan's own religion, he leads you on until you can't come back, like" Miss Blandish".
For those of us who say all the religions of the world are different routes to the Eternal God, Ask yourselves, why is Atheism agaisnt the Christians and Jews alone? Why aren't they as fierce agaisnt Islam with all the atrocities Islam is committing around the world today? Why the anger against Christ?

Yesterday, I had a discussion with a stunch Mary Worshipper (A Catholic). He just came back from the US. He was telling me how bad it is in America. He said he went to Mass and in the whole gigantic Cathedral, they were just 5 of them who went to church on Sunday. And he was the only youth in their midst, and he is in his early 40s. All the others very old folk.
I responded by saying "But for the Evangelicals, Christianity would have been wiped out completely from the world today". He said to me, that's not true, "Catholicism gave the world Christianity. Then I asked him, there was a time Europe was called the" Catholic Europe", does it still apply? Today it's Atheist Europe, why?
Believe it or not, Catholicism has always been on the side of Satan, working out to unfold a satanic agenda stage by stage. Just like atheism. Almost all the world's atheists who came from religious homes were Catholics.
Catholicism set to turn the world's Christians over to Satan with time. Little wonder they fought so seriously to keep everyone bound, just like Islam is doing.

[/b]
Anas09:

(Blandish, 91).

Which church do you attend?

Mr Best Religion
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by virginboy1(m): 7:38am On Jul 31, 2016
Anas09:

Thank you sir. I pray for my folk in Catholic. These people are doomed. All of them feel free to consult other powers because Catholicism offers no spiritually. Ask a Catholic the difference between Spirituality and Spiritualism, they will tell u it's the same thing.

It is obvious you hate Catholics.

Why the stereotype?

I need to know where and who you worship with?
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by dalaman: 8:09am On Jul 31, 2016
naijadeyhia:

CHRISTIANITY is not a religion. You Atheists call it a religion not us. We call it a way of life. CHRISTIAN means "like christ" so CHRISTIANITY means LIVING LIKE CHRIST. Its not ritualistic but is one life with the follower of its teaching. In essence its something you practice with the Help of the spirit of Christ until the message becomes your very life. Preach it! Walk it! Live it! ITS IN THE CHRISTIAN!

You can't live like Christ. You can't ever, no matter how you try you can't. You can't do any of the things they said he did despite him promising you people that believe in him the ability to do greater things than he did. You personally can not do even one of the things they said he did. We can easily test it and we'll see that you will fail on every level. You can not go about healing people at will as Jesus did. You can't do that. If I slap you, you will not turn the other cheek, if I forcefully take your shirt, you will not give me your coat as Jesus urged you to do, you do not love your enemies, instead you pray to God to protect you against them, you do not love your neighbour as you love your self. It is actually impossible to do that. No body can live the life of Christ as portrayed in the bible that is why christianity has always been a mess and has never been any different from any of the world's religion. Take a look at the church in all countries and tell me how it stands out from the normal unbelieving society at large. No body can be like Christ as described in the bible because that type of life is fictional.

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 9:08am On Jul 31, 2016
dalaman:

You can't live like Christ. You can't ever, no matter how you try you can't. You can't do any of the things they said he did despite him promising you people that believe in him the ability to do greater things than he did. You personally can not do even one of the things they said he did. We can easily test it and we'll see that you will fail on every level. You can not go about healing people at will as Jesus did. You can't do that. If I slap you, you will not turn the other cheek, if I forcefully take your shirt, you will not give me your coat as Jesus urged you to do, you do not love your enemies, instead you pray to God to protect you against them, you do not love your neighbour as you love your self. It is actually impossible to do that. No body can live the life of Christ as portrayed in the bible that is why christianity has always been a mess and has never been any different from any of the world's religion. Take a look at the church in all countries and tell me how it stands out from the normal unbelieving society at large. No body can be like Christ as described in the bible because that type of life is fictional.
And so because the standard is perfection, we should not strive towards perfection?
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by dalaman: 9:20am On Jul 31, 2016
winner01:

Same can be said for Muslims, Hindus etc. Muslims on nairaland say the same thing too. They'll tell you that they honestly search and studied all religious scriptures and they discovered the Koran to be the best and the greatest. Nothing comes close to the Koran they claim. They see light and life in the Koran that they sometimes cry when reciting it because it fills them up with awe.

That is just the way you see it. You just criticize members of the religion that belong to other sects and nothing more.

How has the bible been shown to be infallible? There are some scientific errors, historical errors and clear legend and mythical narratives in the bible. To deny that is to deny reality.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by dalaman: 9:24am On Jul 31, 2016
winner01:
And so because the standard is perfection, we should not strive towards perfection?

Which elusive perfection are you talking about? It is just an impossible and unattainable position. If it is attainable we would have seen it. It is the same thing as Jesus promise to answer ALL prayers that are said with little faith as that of a mustard seed. It is not possible.
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 9:31am On Jul 31, 2016
dalaman:

Same can be said for Muslims, Hindus etc. Muslims on nairaland say the same thing too. They'll tell you that they honestly search and studied all religious scriptures and they discovered the Koran to be the best and the greatest. Nothing comes close to the Koran they claim. They see light and life in the Koran that they sometimes cry when reciting it because it fills them up with awe.

That is just the way you see it. You just criticize members of the religion that belong to other sects and nothing more.

How has the bible been shown to be infallible? There are some scientific errors, historical errors and clear legend and mythical narratives in the bible. To deny that is to deny reality.
Yawn!!!

What exactly is your point?
Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by winner01(m): 9:32am On Jul 31, 2016
dalaman:

Which elusive perfection are you talking about? It is just an impossible and unattainable position. If it is attainable we would have seen it. It is the same thing as Jesus promise to answer ALL prayers that are said with little faith as that of a mustard seed. It is not possible.
It is almost impossible for you to become as waelthy as John. Rockefeller too...
Why bother earning money and doing buisnesses?

1 Like

Re: How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 31, 2016
dalaman:

Keep messing yourself around. The life of Christ is 100% possible. What are Christs work really...

Righteousness? His blood and his spirit perfects that in me.

Love my enemies? The easiest of them all because ignorance is what makes one anothers enemy but replace ignorance with Knowledge and you have a friend.

Tolerance and temperance? Equally easy. Still boils down to ignorance

Miracles? God has used me to raise the dead, cast out demons, heal sicknessss and diseases and if He can heal one he can heal all. By the way 2 Nairalanders I have never met but who reached out to me...one with HIV and another with fibroid have been healed simply via prayer over the phone....doctors report (before and after) are with me but I will respect their privacy...

If you have issues with living the life of Christ then you have an inherent problem that needs to first be fixed before you can.

Beaides I thought you Atheists say you can also live the same life Christians live without being a Christian and can pray to anything and get same results...I think you need to ask hardmirror this afterall he said it.

So why claim we cannot when you guys say you can even without Christ.... I guess Atheists are just ao messed up with their reasoning that they just say anything in order to compare with Christians which unfortunately is not possible.

What is a coat? Only those who attach value to material things would hold back from giving..FYI I have given out my car to someone as far back as 2002 and if I could give a car is it a coat I cannot? If you are selfish and greedy I am not.

Why not bring me a mad man or an HIV patient and see if they would not be healed. Better yet, why not take out just 1 week and genuinely ask God to reveal Himself to you. Ask Him 10mins a day for 1 week since you enjoy proof and see if He wouldnt show you proof by Himself. But you wouldn't not because you cannot but because you will not.

Keep on being bitter with God...it does not diminish His glory or His power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Slams Critics, Says God Deserves Money And Will Punish Them / Easter: Bishop Ezeokafor Gifts Bags Of Rice, Others To Over 300 People / Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Islam: Boko-haram Caused It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.