Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? (5691 Views)

It Wasn't A Lie- A Novella By Kayode Odusanya / A Novel by Kayode Odusanya: In The World Of Three / Bisi Ajala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by dejiolowe: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2005
I am a sucker for 'true life' stories which makes it anathema for me to miss saturday and sunday Punch editions .

I am especially fond of Kayode Ajala's  (does anyone remember Hints?). However some of these stories are so unreal that I wonder if they are all made up. Of course, a 'true life' story loses its appeal once it is suspected to be cooked.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by Oracle(m): 2:21am On Dec 20, 2005
well i dont think iv read any of his stories
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by Farriel(m): 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2006
I've read some stories of his, solely due to a female friend giving me Hints magazines to while the time away with, while I wait for her. It's logical to understand that he being a writer, he's bound to inject some bits of fiction to spice up his column. If he's not feeding you entire fictions, that is.

That been said, if you believe all of his stories, Deji, you'd believe anything.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by bolaoni(m): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2006
Kayode Ajala! hmmm. His stories to me are mere make-believe. Those stories are 2 good to be true and right from his days with Hints, you will know he is nothin more than a fictional writer. cool

Wonder if he has published any book yet.

Bola
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by Farriel(m): 8:58pm On Jan 25, 2006
From the little I read of his articles, it's very hard seeing him write a book. The book would just be downright unreadable.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by dejiolowe: 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2006
i guess that is why punch dropped him.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by Farriel(m): 11:51pm On Jan 30, 2006
He had once worked for them?
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by dejiolowe: 8:00am On Jan 31, 2006
He was writing a page on sundays. then it becomes 1/2 page then bam, he was gone. i guess they sold his page for obituaries...
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by bolaoni(m): 11:47am On Jan 31, 2006
dejiolowe:

He was writing a page on sundays. then it becomes 1/2 page then bam, he was gone. i guess they sold his page for obituaries...

Bros! Ha na wa for you o. I sure know he was writing for Sunday Punch, but did not notice he has been off.

Please what is Kayus email so I can forward your comment to him. You deserve a blow man. wink
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by dejiolowe: 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2006
olofofo!!!!
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by IAH(f): 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2006
With all the true stories on NL, do you need anymore? grin Kayode Ajala's stories are all lies. You can see through them, if you believe his stories then you probably believe this guy that tells fake stories on TV too. Can't remember his name. Kola or Kunle something
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by dejiolowe: 6:57pm On Jan 31, 2006
the one that sent ayefele on erand when his back broke?
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by IAH(f): 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2006
Yes! You got it.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by Ynot(m): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2006
IAH:

With all the true stories on NL, do you need anymore? grin Kayode Ajala's stories are all lies. You can see through them, if you believe his stories then you probably believe this guy that tells fake stories on TV too. Can't remember his name. Kola or Kunle something

Kayode had a good thing going for him when he was at Hints. He decided to bolt out and start his own publication. Money issue (i guess) Do you guys remember Hearts magazine? I think Hints sued him for using their stories or he ran outta money or something but, Hearts went down the drain. I didn't know he was employed by Punch too. Anyway, even if his stories are fiction, he had a way of making em sound real, kinda. This is another wasted talent for whatever reason. I won't be surprise if he turn out as a cab driver somewhere in surulere.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2006
his tales are full of lies and make belief!
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by ocho(f): 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2006
ooh! if only i know about this Kayode guy sad
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 31, 2006
ocho:

ooh! if only i know about this Kayode guy sad

where were u in the days of hints and hearts?
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by ocho(f): 11:02pm On Jan 31, 2006
i didn't read so much of them those days coz my mum was strongly against my reading them i some how manged to read a few without her knowledgebut anyways, was he the guy who wrote all the stories(ok, maybe most) on hints/hearts or something?
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2006
sure, i guess he wrote majority of those stories and then there were contributors like Tony Khan (i loved that guys's tales most) and the hospital nurse and then that last page tale by that LovePeddler. was it in hearts or hints? i forget
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by ocho(f): 11:16pm On Jan 31, 2006
ooh!so i might know who he is afterall.Those stories ruled my young mind then,................so, do they still exsist? i mean the hints and hearts?
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 31, 2006
i don't think u'll get them anymore these days. they've been off the stands for quite a while except in some areas in lagos like oshodi where u might still get some old copies. newayz me signed off reading those things long ago for their corrosive effect on the young mind.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by NSNA: 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2006
Whoever you are whatever you do you’ll get sucked up in it once you get into it.
You can catch up on these stories every Sunday @ www.punchng.com.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by bolaoni(m): 4:48pm On Feb 02, 2006
Ynot:

This is another wasted talent for whatever reason. I won't be surprise if he turn out as a cab driver somewhere in surulere. shocked

Is this a prayer or what? Na wa for you o Bros.

Where ever he is, I am sure he will bounce back. No matter what anyone think of him, Bros Kay is a star in his own niche. At least he is living his passion.

dejiolowe:

olofofo!!!!

Thanks, but he must hear sha.

grin grin grin
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by dude(m): 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2006
bolaoni:

Is this a prayer or what? Na wa for you o Bros.

Where ever he is, I am sure he will bounce back. No matter what anyone think of him, Bros Kay is a star in his own niche. At least he is living his passion.

Thanks, but he must hear sha.

grin grin grin

@ Bola,  i remember Kayode at numerous times told  His readers then in heart Magazine that his wife's name is Bola. of course i know it's not u coz u are a male(morever gay marriages is not a norm in naija). but i like u sha oh, defening someone u barely know with all your typing skills, or am i wrong? just messing around.how u dey? grin
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by geton(m): 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2006
yes really i have not read his story either but i do believe that sometime stories that are made up to be true might seems false to people but it might be true is then left for you to decide and see to it, if you can fine it out to be true.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by bolaoni(m): 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2006
dude:

@ but i like u sha oh, defening someone u barely know with all your typing skills, or am i wrong? just messing around.how u dey? grin

Meaning? angry angry angry

tongue

dude:

@ just messing around.how u dey? grin

I dey kampe my guy! cool grin cheesy
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by monie0078(f): 7:56pm On Feb 06, 2006
Hey. First of all, that's AWESOME that you brought up 'Hints'. I was addicted to it for a bit way back in the day. Anyway, it's unfortunate, but his stories are NOT true. Well at least not all of them. How do I know this? Well, a while back, I stumbled on a foreign romance magazine that had a story in it that matched one of the stories in Hints. The only things changed in the article were the names, locations, and dates. Everything else was verbatim. It was really disappointing for me, and I sort of stopped reading his stories after that... You do have to admit that they were freaking hilarious though, huh? LOL... This was eons ago, though.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by dejiolowe: 8:14pm On Feb 06, 2006
monie0078:

Hey. First of all, that's AWESOME that you brought up 'Hints'. I was addicted to it for a bit way back in the day. Anyway, it's unfortunate, but his stories are NOT true. Well at least not all of them. How do I know this? Well, a while back, I stumbled on a foreign romance magazine that had a story in it that matched one of the stories in Hints. The only things changed in the article were the names, locations, and dates. Everything else was verbatim. It was really disappointing for me, and I sort of stopped reading his stories after that... You do have to admit that they were freaking hilarious though, huh? cheesy... This was eons ago, though.
the guy must v been a dummy
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by ocho(f): 10:38pm On Feb 06, 2006
the kayode guy right? tell me about it!
@monie: lol I can imagine your dissapointment.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by pete(m): 2:08am On Feb 07, 2006
I did read a few of his writings back in the days. I must admit that the guy is good. Well pretty strange that a nairalander just admitted seeing that some or one of his story is copied from another source.Even professors from Havard University do copy and paste.There was a recent case.
I want you guys to please allow me to admit that, that guy was good and he ruled the heart of many readers back then, especially the young female family.He was pretty swell.
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by bolaoni(m): 11:28am On Feb 07, 2006
pete:

Well pretty strange that a Nairaland user just admitted seeing that some or one of his story is copied from another source.Even professors from Havard University do copy and paste.There was a recent case.

Please tell us about this case. Just curious not an olofofo o. cool wink
Re: Are Kayode Ajala's stories true? by dejiolowe: 11:37am On Feb 07, 2006
plagiarism is frowned upon everywhere. copy but say the source

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Money Ain't Loyal: A Hard-boiled Crime Fiction By Daniel Junior / Yoruba Language-history

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.