Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe (61058 Views)

The University Graduate Who Got Stranded In Libya While Traveling To Europe / Cameroon Army Vessel Capsizes At Sea, Dozens Missing: Security Sources / Two Nigerian Men Fight Inside Airplane (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by damiloladuke: 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
Two Nigerian children were pictured crying profusely in photos gone viral after losing their mum on their way to Europe from their overcrowded boat off the coast of Libya while trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea into Italy.

In a bid to escape the crippling economic conditions in Nigeria, countless Nigerians on a daily basis embark on a journey to Europe, through the back door, and while many make it, for many others, it is their last journey before finding cold solace among the sea beds of the Mediterranean sea except if their corpses are recovered.

In some heartbreaking photos making rounds online and social media, two Nigerian siblings aged 10 and 11, recently lost their mother on one of those ill-fated trips embarked upon by African migrants to Europe.

The pair, whose collective anguish, was captured on camera, were among 150 migrants recently rescued from an overcrowded rubber boat along the coast of Libya as they attempted to transverse the Mediterranean into Italy.

The heartbreaking photos shows the sibling's pain as they cried their lungs out just as they sought to console one another.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/07/heartbreaking-photos-of-two-nigerian.html

9 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by damiloladuke: 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
so heartbreaking

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
This route has caused so many deaths but then again countless people still try to cross it everyday, things are hard here, yes but then again ask yourself

Are greener pastures worth dying for?

May their souls R.I.P
angry

162 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
sad
Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by phrancys001(m): 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
Why politicised everything, crossing to Europe cos of the economy you say? If only you know the huge some of money they give out to cross is enough to start reasonable business here. Europe no be by force.

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by Gidoka(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
. cry cry
Nigeria is sinking fast
If you can afford 2 square meal in this present Nigeria Economy
you are BLESSED... sad

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
Crossing to Europe to do what? for greener pastures?

The money she used in boarding that boat with her kids would have been able to start a petty business here in Nigeria and slowly but surely, God would pick her call

Please Africans, please Nigerians we don't need to travel abroad to make it, we just need to think broad.

May her soul rest in peace.

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by Raydos: 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
Huh!
Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by PissedOffWeed(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
cry Arrgh......!!!! Damn!
She must have promised those kids a better life, 3 square meals when they get to Europe...
But Alas!! Death has snatched away that dream and even stopped her of fulfilling the basic promise every mum makes to her kids which is "I will always be with you"
She must have fought for her breath...and at same time shielded her children from being suffocated or pushed down and matched to death from the surging crowd....
As she dies...her dim eyes still sees the crystal clear tear drops from the heavy of her children
"mummy mummy mummyyyyy" the children screams
Trying hard to reply ..her lips gets stiffer....
Deep within her heart she says "Am sorry dearies, sorry I couldn't make it...sorry for not getting to Europe with you...forgive me for putting you through all the sufferings but for your own good I started this journey"
"mummy we love you don't die" the kids scream..
She feels her lips and voice come alive again...
She replies "I love you too"
But the kids don't hear her
Wait
Wait
Wait
She's dead already...Death was so impatient for a final good bye

200 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by opeyemiieblog(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
eeeyah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by Eleganza33(f): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
Chei am speechless

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by MzDesire(f): 4:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
Eeyah....so sad

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by cirmuell(m): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
Just like the drug pushers, these people are aware of the risk involved but just won't stop.

The amount of souls that Mediterranean Sea don claim bah, only God knows. Not to talk of the ones that die in the deserts.

#R.I.P sad

13 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Africa is doomed, I look at the stats yet see no positives.
Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Na wa o. What are these people looking for up and down. Europe has her own full grown problems that even those with valid documents still have many challenges talkless of immigrants. Economic situation in this country is worse but not the worst. At least people can still do menial bussinesses here and there for daily food compare to many other black or asian nations .Taking deadly risks and yet you get their, they treat you like pooo. See what these parents put their kids to because I learnt that it was dad and mum killed in the storm.

6 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by yeyeboi(m): 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nigeria Hard But Such Risk To Greener Pasture No Make Sense, E better Make I suffi dey drink my garri for here

4 Likes

no thanks to this horrible govt
Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by AlphaCentauri: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
Gidoka:
. cry cry
Nigeria is sinking fast
If you can afford 2 square meal in this present Nigeria Economy
you are BLESSED... sad
just negodu ? just buy one sack of rice and one sack of gari and beans. that will feed you for a whole year. stop being an alarmist

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
cirmuell:
Just like the drug pushers, these people are aware of the risk involved but just won't stop.

The amount of souls that Mediterranean Sea don claim bah, only God knows. Not to talk of the ones that die in the deserts.

#R.I.P sad
if the economy was fair, ee won't av situations like dis

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by Flashh: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
Vanquay16:
Africa is doomed, I look at the stats yet see no positives.
You just typed rubbish.

25 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by passionate88: 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
angry
Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by omas1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
cry there is nothing like a mother's love.
She could have stayed back But she couldn't Bear to watch her kids go hungry, they needed a better life the life she never had, alas she couldn't make the trip.
R.I.P ma'am , God bless and provide for the kids.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by neweraomo: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
Buhari why??
Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by khaymillers: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
How did their mum die. Full story please

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by lielbree: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
The kids are aged 10 and 11. It's just heartbreaking cry cry

Lord please send them a helper

If it were abroad, someone would open an account and folks will start donating money. I wish that could be done here..

7 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by NairaMaster1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
Wrong step gone fatal... RIP
Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by IamQuins: 6:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
S
Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by omonla555: 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
Na today?

Is it because of economic situation in Nigeria that caused people traveling to Europe? I hate these IPOB saying nonsense on Nairaland every second.
What about the Benin ladies traveling to Italy? Now that data is cheap, some people can be politicing every topic on Nairaland.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by shamecurls(m): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
cirmuell:

#R.I.P sad

And some will still embark on the same voyage tonight..........

5 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by rantmoniker(m): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
People perish for lack of knowledge. Always painting Nigeria like everyone begs for food. Government is only a means to an end but never an end to our means of survival as a people.

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by NairaMaster1(m): 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
bjhaid:
if the economy was fair, ee won't av situations like dis
How does that becomes an answer now? From frying pan to fire!

2 Likes

Re: Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe by JonSnow(m): 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
Special thanks to buhari's wonderful economic policies

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap Bus Passengers Along Benin-Ore Road / Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG / Bridge Collapses In Kwara After Heavy Rainfall, Four Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.