Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers (56351 Views)

Innocent Nigerian Man Freed In Malaysia After Being Arrested For Cultism. Photos / Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke Mistakenly Executed In Indonesia Over Drugs / Photos Of The Men Who Killed An Uber Driver In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Acidosis(m): 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2016
I would rather farm to death in my village than go to Indonesia.

There's more to life than travelling to useless countries.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Chinom(m): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Drug dealing is not a petty crime in any civilized country.

Know the laws of the country you're traveling to.

Stop selling drugs and ruining lives. Your selfish and greedy mentality ruin lives. Do you think your drugs are used in cements?

You need to learn how to relate issues. These guys were not moving dope in containers. They were no Escober or El Capo. One or two were killed for about 1kg or less of Meth. In places like Holland and Germany, you will be out within a year if caught.

What makes you think they don't know the laws in Indonesia. They have lived there for quite a long time. Jefferson runs a restaurant there. It's not for me to advice a grown man with family how to live his life. What Indonesia did is despicable. These brothers were not thinking right.
You can remain as holy as you wish to be, but bear in mind that drugs are sold to people who are willing to buy. I am not here to preach the gospel.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
Originalsly:
Really?...do you know the death penalty still exist and is carried out in America?
.. do you know Texas.. the state with maybe the largest concentration of Nigerians is the #1 execution state?.... do you know death by firing squad in Indonesia is not as bad as the inhumane and torturous methods used in the US?... do you know how many totally innocent Blacks in particular have been put to death?... persons who had absolutely nothing to do with or in any possible way connected to the crimes? .... do you know how many more are waiting on Death Row ?.... and how many have been set free as a result of investigations carried out by The Innocence Project? Hurry and get to America. ... should you be picked as the perpetrator of a death penalty crime...I hope you would reflect on this your comment.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Smileprince(m): 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
Originalsly:
Really?...do you know the death penalty still exist and is carried out in America?
.. do you know Texas.. the state with maybe the largest concentration of Nigerians is the #1 execution state?.... do you know death by firing squad in Indonesia is not as bad as the inhumane and torturous methods used in the US?... do you know how many totally innocent Blacks in particular have been put to death?... persons who had absolutely nothing to do with or in any possible way connected to the crimes? .... do you know how many more are waiting on Death Row ?.... and how many have been set free as a result of investigations carried out by The Innocence Project? Hurry and get to America. ... should you be picked as the perpetrator of a death penalty crime...I hope you would reflect on this your comment.
You don't seems to understand me. I know all these happens in all countries. But I'm saying when you're an American citizen you don't get to be treated that way. You'll be protected.
Many Nigerians you are saying lives in America are just migrants. And no country respect migrants, not until they are citizens.
We're on the same page here. Just that I'm saying there's no country that protects it's citizens like US.
Please understand me

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by eleko1: 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
Dis gentleman look innocent to trade/Market dat stuff sad embarassed.No thanks to those Ipodians criminal there.It seem Indonesia Police/narcotics agency don identified those F-Heads pipu as "DRUGBAS" sad. Kwe Kunu embarassed ya! lipsrsealed shud stop disgracin Ikemba,Azikwe(IGBO) name. May the bastard dat frame Jeff up rot in Hell angry
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by bittertruthz: 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

What if he was innocent and was wrongfully killed, in that case, do you agree that his purnishmemt be your portion and that of people you love?

He is not innocent. Quote me anywhere. A black jew can never be innocent of drugs.
If its terrorism, i will deny for him but for drug matter? NO WAY.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by eeeeeee: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
bittertruthz:

He is not innocent.
He was not proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

There are so many cases like that.

One cannot say for sure he is guilty.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by banmee(m): 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
Domislaz:

You are simply an insecure and Unstable fellow whose childhood had been sabotaged with inconsistent parentage. You whimsical creature. Didn't you compare Nigeria with Indonesia in your previous post that I quoted? My bad I never knew that you are a superficial attention seeking fellow. Fvcck off. Eeeddiot like you.

By comparism, you mean Nigeria is corrupt where justice is hard to come by and indonesia seems to be not? What is it about that is a lie? I am beginning to ask too many questions again ooo.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by henries246(m): 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
Honestly does men are insane.... RIP Mr Jeff.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by raf2angel: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
And his country could not rise up for him
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
Chinom:

Ms Prettiepearlz, you sound like a nice, non prejudiced person. "Black lives matter" well tell that to those Asians. They are one of the most racist people on the planet. I had no time to respond to your response to my post on the other thread where one "tobimillar" was gloating about Titus Igwe's killing and the fact that he is Igbo. Let me make it clear to you that I neither condone nor support drug biz. I was just pissed off about the tribal tone of that guy's post. These Igbos were killed for what I consider petty crimes in a civilized country that respects human right and the rule of law. I am more angry at these my brothers for choosing to do their trades in such a country knowing fully well what the consequence would be if caught. They are adults and are fully aware of what they were doing. That's why any phony sympathy like 'tobimiller's' is annoying.
I am convinced that Jefferson is innocent. But, he still got killed. We all should condemn that and not jubilate because he happens to be an Igbo man. Drug biz, though illegal, is a mature business for very mature and brave men. They buy and sell their goods like any other business man. However, it's not worth your life. That's why I was angry at Titus Igwe et al.
The execution is totally wrong on all levels.

From the reports, Titus Igweh was innocent before his unfair murder. He was there was no evidence of him a drug dealer and no one caught him drug dealing.

Please this is a sensitive issue. These men lost their lives due to unfair and bias treatment.

All they needed was a fair hearing.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by brain247(m): 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
This is a sad story,I must confess. Drug peddling is a very serious issue,that must be stopped,because so many brilliant people have lost there sanity to drug abuse. It is a shame now,that people no longer have human conscience all because of fast money,and we all know that Asian countries are very hostile when it comes to criminal activities of immigrants leaving in there country,they believe that death punishment is the perfect way to punish a criminal,expecially the immigrants. All am sayings is this,weather the man is innocent or not,the deed had already been done,and we the living have to move on by preaching against drug trafficking,and the Asian countries need to slow down on this harsh punishment on immigrants. Rip JEFFERSON
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
Smileprince:

In all this I'll not blame the Indonesia government. Our media is not doing enough job. If an American citizen is arrested in any country you'll the news will surface immediately and American Gov will start looking into the case and to ensure they are not vindicated of what they know not.
Meanwhile not until now of the prosecution before we Nigerians heard about it. It's now that this case is suddenly a news. So are you saying if the judgment was life imprisonment that's how we won't remember him for life?
We definitely have no excuse, Nigeria as a country don't protect its citizens.
Do you know how many Nigerians are in prison all over the world for a crime they know not?
It's only when they are about to die we can get to know. That's very bad of the media we have in this country.
So whatever have to be done was supposed to be done earlier than now.
I don't see any agency fighting against illegal imprisonment of Nigerians in foreign countries. So blame your country and not Indonesia for not taking action as at when due.

I respect American till today and I'll do all I can to become a citizen of America. God help me.
This country is a pure joke.

BoboYekini:
What are our Ambassador to Indonesia and our Foreign Affairs Ministry doing? This is grounds for a full blown diplomatic row.

These guys would execute any one irrespective of your country of origin if you are caught. Australians were executed last year. British the year before. How much more a Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by bittertruthz: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
eeeeeee:

He was not proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

There are so many cases like that.

One cannot say for sure he is guilty.

Check his name and where he came from, you will be convinced that he is not innocent.................. This has to do with DNA, you cant cheat nature.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
Chinom:

Ms Prettiepearlz, you sound like a nice, non prejudiced person. "Black lives matter" well tell that to those Asians. They are one of the most racist people on the planet. I had no time to respond to your response to my post on the other thread where one "tobimillar" was gloating about Titus Igwe's killing and the fact that he is Igbo. Let me make it clear to you that I neither condone nor support drug biz. I was just pissed off about the tribal tone of that guy's post. These Igbos were killed for what I consider petty crimes in a civilized country that respects human right and the rule of law. I am more angry at these my brothers for choosing to do their trades in such a country knowing fully well what the consequence would be if caught. They are adults and are fully aware of what they were doing. That's why any phony sympathy like 'tobimiller's' is annoying.
I am convinced that Jefferson is innocent. But, he still got killed. We all should condemn that and not jubilate because he happens to be an Igbo man. Drug biz, though illegal, is a mature business for very mature and brave men. They buy and sell their goods like any other business man. However, it's not worth your life. That's why I was angry at Titus Igwe et al.
The execution is totally wrong on all levels.

[b]Speaking before Indonesian Attorney-General, Muhammad Prasetyo, the Nigerian (Titus Igweh) said, “I was constantly beaten and my genitals electrocuted until I was helpless.

“In fact, I was threatened to be shot,” Igweh added.

His lawyer, Sitor Situmorang, said Supreme Court judges should try cases based on the law and not to achieve popularity or appear tough.

He said, “Mr. Igweh’s conviction was based on the testimony of two alleged accomplices, Marlena and Izuchukwu Okoloaja, who died in police custody and could therefore not testify in court.

“We believe Marlena and Okoloaja gave Michael’s name just so the police would stop torturing them.

“They were healthy when they were arrested, they had no history of illness, they all just suddenly died while in police custody. We all know what that means,” Igweh’s lawyer told the court.

“We accepted Michael’s (Igweh’s) case because we saw it had merit. Out of the many requests from prisoners on Nusakambangan, we only took this,” Situmorang added.[/b]

http://dailypost.ng/2016/07/26/police-electrocuted-genitals-forced-confess-drug-possession-indonesia-nigerian-man-cries/
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by irondome: 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
Smileprince:

In all this I'll not blame the Indonesia government. Our media is not doing enough job. If an American citizen is arrested in any country you'll the news will surface immediately and American Gov will start looking into the case and to ensure they are not vindicated of what they know not.
Meanwhile not until now of the prosecution before we Nigerians heard about it. It's now that this case is suddenly a news. So are you saying if the judgment was life imprisonment that's how we won't remember him for life?
We definitely have no excuse, Nigeria as a country don't protect its citizens.
Do you know how many Nigerians are in prison all over the world for a crime they know not?
It's only when they are about to die we can get to know. That's very bad of the media we have in this country.
So whatever have to be done was supposed to be done earlier than now.
I don't see any agency fighting against illegal imprisonment of Nigerians in foreign countries. So blame your country and not Indonesia for not taking action as at when due.

I respect American till today and I'll do all I can to become a citizen of America. God help me.
This country is a pure joke.

In this case, Indonesia wouldn't bulge to any country, irrespective of the status and plea. This same Indonesia rebuffed all plea to execute some Australians a couple of years ago. Australian government kicked and kicked to no avail.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Kings2rule(m): 5:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
MEDICINE AFTER BURIAL. I love that tu-pac's song titled.... Bleep ALL Y'ALL.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Yehman(m): 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.No UK or US citizens were involved in the case

2.Indonesia does sentence Western citizens....see the Lindsay Sandiford case...
Check again
Possibly, the whole Drug related cases in Indonesia
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
tetengi4life:
We protested against it at the front of Indonesian embassy before the executions, alas they didn't listen. Amnesty international

Well Done and God Bless to you and your friends.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Originalsly: 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2016
Smileprince:

You don't seems to understand me. I know all these happens in all countries. But I'm saying when you're an American citizen you don't get to be treated that way. You'll be protected.
Many Nigerians you are saying lives in America are just migrants. And no country respect migrants, not until they are citizens.
We're on the same page here. Just that I'm saying there's no country that protects it's citizens like US.
Please understand me
US executes it's own innocent citizens. I guess you mean US protects it's own citizen abroad. Yes...we do hear the extent to which they go....they have the power and can bring harm to the country if the country does not cave in. But I ask of you.... have you ever...ever once heard the US trying to protect a Black citizen?

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by eeeeeee: 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
bittertruthz:

Check his name and where he came from, you will be convinced that he is not innocent.................. This has to do with DNA, you cant cheat nature.
OK
The problem you have is his tribe not any evidence against him.

I see.
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
...and many non-Igbos rejoicing here since thought this man boarded a flight from Nigeria to Indonesia with drugs in his bags or body and got caught at the Indonesian airport, and got arrested and later got sentenced to death and shot finally....but many of them now are feeling bad because they have now realized that this man was an employer of labor, a big man, a rich man in Nigerian term.....but because one of his stupid employees helped some drug barons to hid drugs in his room, this man's life got snatched from him for a crime he never committed.

To all those rejoicing and saying its good....think about this....you don't know where life would take u to tomorrow...you may travel out of this country to study, to work, to open a company...and maybe your roommate, your colleague, your employee or friend commits a crime and you get arrested and viola, you get killed because of the crime of someone else you never know about.

To those saying the man ought to know what his employees do in the rooms he gave them, how Even your parents, your siblings don't even know what and what you keep in your room...some of you ladies hide intimate machine in your room, some of your guys hide condoms and even cigarettes in your rooms away from your parents and siblings, so if one day Police comes and finds these things in your room, so your parents and siblings deserves to be killed for what they didnt know right

Karma is watching....let's all be careful with what we say or wish others in this life.....it may be him today, tomorrow maybe you or your loved one.

RIP Jefferson
u hit the nail on the head but then the best thing to do is avoid these asian and middleeastern countries where a foreigner has no right to protest his innocence when accused of being guilty.

2 Likes

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
What pises me off is that for 13years, this evidence never came up. Now some lawyers need the lime light and some dust is being raised..smh
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by rawgame(m): 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
banmee:

Really? Who are you to say it was without fair hearing? The law is the law. You break it, you pay. This is rich coming from a Nigerian who is used to injustice talking about fair hearing. Lol. Jefferson was not dealing with Nigerians where you can bribe, cajole, threaten or blackmail your way out of justice. You call it murder, normal people call fair and equitable justice. I am against death penalty for any crime, but if it is the law, then guess what? It is the law.
Put down these stereotypes it's not making your life any better. Besides, you are not a lawyer in Indonesia so you don't know if they don't do same. Don't celebrate bad news like satan
Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by AlphaCentauri: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
Prettiepearlz:

Wow, but did you really have to do this? Now this will take another turn now. Be ready for a whole lots of mentions, but what happened to intellectuals from all tribes that we used to have on nairaland?
they all turned to tribalists lolzzz . its only so many insults you can take before deciding to join in. even the funny guys on the forum got turned to tribalists. yuzedo and mr cork lol. they both turned to anti-igbo tribalists. in fact almost everyone turned to anti-igbo tribalists because the igbo guys were annoying the hell out of everybody after jonathan lost. all we hear 24 7 is how yoruba are cowards and ugly and slaves blah blah blah. hausas are gworo chewing kunu sipping almajiris blah blah blah. igbos are the best thing since slice bread and bravest blah blah blah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Might Have Killed An Innocent Nigerian, Jefferson Eleweke - Lawyers by bidahjay: 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
This is just the beginning as thousand of my country men are travelling in droves to Asian countries for drug related biz because they want to make it big, big ,big and paint the whole village and town red with drug money,with all the goodies that comes with it.

Such news would always be around us until we decide to develop the right philosophy that values, godly characters, principles weigh far more than money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Guy Cheats And His Girlfriend Sets His Range-Rover Ablaze (photo) / Youths Snatch Riffle From Policeman For Collecting Bribe In Cross River / Prince Gwamnishu Harrison Kidnapped, Cries, Says He's Leaving Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.