Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. (36310 Views)

See 2017 Top 10 Countries With Fastest Internet In The World / The Fastest And Most Economical Network For Data / Pictures: Is Airtel The Fastest Network In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Chudichu(m): 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
Countries with the fastest internet

Electronic devices are things that we use every day and has a huge influence on our daily life. Especially the Internet is becoming more and more important for nearly everybody, probably more important than the devices themselves, and is now our most preferred means of everyday communication.

However, to enjoy the uninterrupted services of the internet, you need to have good connectivity. There are two important metrics in bandwidth allocation (measured in Megabits per second or Mbps): download and upload speed, denoting the speed of inbound and outbound data respectively.

The average web page loads at 6.3 Mbps universally, a number that denotes how many million bits of data can be moved in a second.

While 6.3 mbps is quick enough to send an email or watch a Netflix show, it’s still very slow.

Akamai Technologies, a Massachusetts-based internet provider, did a study on how the internet speeds measure up in countries worldwide. The company releases a report every quarter that ranks countries as per their internet speed.

According to them, here are the top 10 countries, which are mentioned in descending order of net connectivity.

1. South Korea

According to the Akami report, people in South Korea enjoy the fastest internet in the world. The country’s average internet speed measures 29 Mbps, which is 4.6 times as quick as the global average.

To put things in perspective, the average HD film is about 5,000 MB. A computer could download that in a little over two and a half minutes at 29 Mbps speed.

In spite of more than 80% of South Korean households have access to some of the world’s fastest internet connections, they face usage limitations. Several internet users have to face strong internet censorship in South Korea, according to a report released last year by the nonprofit Freedom House.

2. Norway.

Norway witnessed the biggest growth (68%) in internet speed at 21.3 Mbps since last year in comparison to any other country in the top 10. At this speed, a computer could upload or download about five high-quality photos per second.

3. Sweden.

Sweden’s internet offers an average of 20.6 Mbps, which means that many people hardly face any experience delays, even if they have multiple applications running that use a lot of bandwidth.

Since last year, the country has noticed a 32% increase in speed.

4. Hong Kong

Hong Kong was the first country in the world to hit 60 Mbps in 2013. Today, its residents enjoy an average internet speed of 19.9 Mbps.

5. Switzerland

The internet in Switzerland rises at an average 18.7 Mbps, a 25% increase from last year.

http://gadgetshost..com.ng/2016/07/countries-with-fastest-internet.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by AngryNigerian(m): 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
Na which 1 Naija go come 1st 10 sef? Maybe 10 most suffering-and-smiling people abi

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by dmorf: 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
AngryNigerian:
Na which 1 Naija go come 1st 10 sef? Maybe 10 most suffering-and-smiling people abi

Very soon we go make the List of 10 most suffering and smiling nation with BuBu as our president

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Naijji: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
To put things in viewpoint, the average HD film is about 5,000 mb. A computer could download that in a little over two and a half minutes at 29 Mbps speed.

Error. Rookie error

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Flashh: 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nigeria must be in worst top 10.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Chudichu(m): 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
Flashh:
Nigeria must be in worst top 10.
Hahahahaha, I have gotten 11mb per second on MTN once.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by CashNaira96: 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
Chudichu:
bros smal smal na... Chai

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Legitbaba(m): 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
So Hong Kong is a country too??...

7 Likes

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by pussyeater(m): 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
Legitbaba:
Don't mind the Op, the screw for his head have lost. undecided

3 Likes

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by rummeh: 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
where Nigeria dy for the list .... 222kb

Glo come and see your mate

10 Likes

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by blaquemyc: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
Legitbaba:
Hong Kong is an autonomous territory south of Mainland China. Hong Kong maintains its own executive, legislative and judiciary powers, including an independent legal system, public security force, monetary system, customs policy, and immigration policy while the State Council of China is responsible for military defence and foreign affairs. And if you follow football closely you'll notice that they also play world cup qualifier independently. So i'd say it's safe to refer to them as a country.

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by wayne4loan: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by sheddy03: 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
Chudichu:

its not about getting better speed just once.

1 Like

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by sheddy03: 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
Chudichu:

its not about getting better speed just once.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Wiztek(m): 11:14pm On Jul 30, 2016
Naijji:
To put things in viewpoint, the average HD film is about 5,000 mb. A computer could download that in a little over two and a half minutes at 29 Mbps speed.

Error. Rookie error
Abi o Ahn ahn se na season film u dey talk about ........
Unless it's a 4k movie which is actually much bigger but hd and full hd movies sholdnt go over 2gb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Wiztek(m): 11:14pm On Jul 30, 2016
Naijji:

Error. Rookie error
Abi o Ahn ahn we na season ful u dey talk about ........
Unless it's a 4k movie which is actually much bigger but hd and full hd movies sholdnt go over 2gb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by pussyeater(m): 11:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
blaquemyc:
Hong Kong is an autonomous territory south of Mainland China. Hong Kong maintains its own executive, legislative and judiciary powers, including an independent legal system, public security force, monetary system, customs policy, and immigration policy while the State Council of China is responsible for military defence and foreign affairs. And if you follow football closely you'll notice that they also play world cup qualifier independently. So i'd say it's safe to refer to them as a country.
Kontinue with your "copy and paste" undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
Very very old list.

Copy and paste bloggers everywhere.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by mindtricks: 12:20am On Jul 31, 2016
I may so wish, yet I do not expect to see Nigeria on this list.

1 Like

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Chudichu(m): 12:42am On Jul 31, 2016
CashNaira96:

bros smal smal na... Chai
I actually did get that speed at night, but like someone said it's not just about getting that speed and service just once.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Birniwa(m): 1:33am On Jul 31, 2016
dmorf:

Very soon we go make the List of 10 most suffering and smiling nation with BuBu as our president

Not when we continue to call the likes of MTN, GLO as our ISPs and NCC as our telecommunication governing body.

3 Likes

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by freshkik(m): 2:04am On Jul 31, 2016
Where is the remaining 5

2 Likes

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Zeolite09: 2:33am On Jul 31, 2016
Don't be worry it's a matter of time, 9ja wil b among top 5 soon.

3 Likes

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by HyDef(m): 4:21am On Jul 31, 2016
Wiztek:

Abi o Ahn ahn we na season ful u dey talk about ........

Actually, he's not wrong. Depending on the codec, whether the video is compressed or not, and especially the bit rate, a 1080p video could hit as high as 8GB.

In fact, a Blu-ray disc can hold up to 25gb, and they are used for full HD videos. A typical DVD does 4.7, so it shows that some full HD content surpasses 5GB.

9 Likes

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Chudichu(m): 6:06am On Jul 31, 2016
HyDef:

Actually, he's not wrong. Depending on the codec, whether the video is compressed or not, and especially the bit rate, a 1080p video could hit as high as 8GB.

In fact, a Blu-ray disc can hold up to 25gb, and they are used for full HD videos. A typical DVD does 4.7, so it shows that some full HD content surpasses 5GB.
Exactly.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Naijji: 7:33am On Jul 31, 2016
Chudichu:

Exactly.

I'm not talking about the size of the hypothetical movie file. It could be more, could be less. I'm talking about his conversion. He's made the rookie error of equating Mbps with MBps.

Notice the case of the "b". Lower case "b" is bits, while upper case "B" is bytes. 8 bits = 1 byte.

So, getting an average of 29Mbps doesn't mean you'll download a 5gb file in less than 3 minutes. It'll take more than 20 minutes at that speed. Do the maths wink

Like I said, rookie error wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by blaquemyc: 8:07am On Jul 31, 2016
pussyeater:

Kontinue with your "copy and paste" undecided
did the copy and paste achieve it's aim or not?

20 Likes

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Mologi(m): 10:00am On Jul 31, 2016
OYO teachers are.suffering...AJUMOBU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by unklrukus: 10:32am On Jul 31, 2016
All Hail the White folks.. What haven't they achieved, fast internet, unlimited download speed. Most countries on the list are that of the white folks, except for that of the yellow niggers who are equally Negros with a different skin.
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Chudichu(m): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2016
Naijji:

I'm not talking about the size of the hypothetical movie file. It could be more, could be less. I'm talking about his conversion. He's made the rookie error of equating Mbps with MBps.

Notice the case of the "b". Lower case "b" is bits, while upper case "B" is bytes. 8 bits = 1 byte.

So, getting an average of 29Mbps doesn't mean you'll download a 5gb file in less than 3 minutes. It'll take more than 20 minutes at that speed. Do the maths wink

Like I said, rookie error wink
Acknowledged smiley
Data transfer rate is usually in Mbps smiley
Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by endtimeshit(m): 11:25am On Jul 31, 2016
Naijji:

Error. Rookie error
Yes oh, dat's an error there. 29Mbps is different from 29Mb/s. The first means 29Megabits per second, while the second is 29Megabytes per second. 29Mb/s is between 4G range, and is very fast, if you know what I mean. So OP, come and correct yourself

2 Likes

Re: See The 10 Countries With The Fastest Internet In The World. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 31, 2016
Wiztek:

Abi o Ahn ahn se na season film u dey talk about ........

Who told u that? I have full HD movies of above 4gb on my laptop. Do u think it is all those compressed movies u download online. A 2hrs full 1920x1080 resolution movie should be above 3gb. Don't even start with 4k. I have a 1 minute 2k video (not even 4k) on my phone and the size is about 120mb.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Mtn Caller Tunez / People Are Already Queuing Up For Iphone 7 (photos) / Tecno CAMON 16 Premier (N116k) Vs Redmi Note 9S (N97,000): Full Comparison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.