Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) (108929 Views)

Korede Francis: New Photos Of The 9-Year-Old Boy Chained By His Pastor Dad / FCMB: Olisa Nwakoby Committed Suicide Over Personal Challenges / Lagos Big Boy Oliseh Nwakoby Shoots Himself Dead Over #350million Debt[pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Adesiji77: 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
We may never know the real story...such a pity
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by aim14(f): 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
rafcrown:
B.Sc.Microbiology-a Bank Manager ?
Neva seen DAT before? I know of a friend who's a bank manager and studied biochemistry
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Angrymode: 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
RIP to the dead cry but how did a micro biologist qualify to be a bank loan approval officer 9ja I hail o and I smell illegal connection in his appointment.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by harffie(m): 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
Trunaijian:
There is no excuse for such.

So in fear of spoiling the family's name he committed suicide?

Well, he just damaged the family name by commiting suicide. He is a coward leaving his wife and kids to bear the brunt . he is a weakling!
Very easy for you to say @a weakling, when you don't have #350 Millz debt on your neck, I am not in SUPPORT of him killing himself tho.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Tungy(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
So sad but I must say,It was really wicked and selfish of him to take his own life. RIP
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by stane007: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Eshence:
Bank and dere wahala self u no give loan problem, u give loan problem RIP to d dead

Sincerely, you can't blame the bank at all. There are laid down rules before you can't give out loans or anything. Why didn't he follow the procedure laid down by the bank? or is he the only branch head in all of fcmb? why didn't he follow due process?

He obviously cut corners maybe because he'll even gain millions out of the illegal loan.. Unfortunately it now went bad.

May he rest in peace. I weep for his wife & daughter.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by caprini1: 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2016
Remote controlled to kill himself,has nothing to do with the loan, what a wicked world.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by dinma007: 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Bank job sucks!

Meanwhile, I'm sure it was the same bank that preasurised staff to take or give out loans to increase their risk Asset.

Its a pity what Nigerian banks have turned into.

Nigerian banks, FCMB has not turned into anything evil! The problem with bankers believe me, you guys see all their suits and think they are so rich. As a branch manager, i am very sure expectations from people around him must have pushed him into seizing an opportunity he believed will fetch him some good cash. it has NOTHING to do with his employer. Nothing at all.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by akintho(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
Trunaijian:
There is no excuse for such.

So in fear of spoiling the family's name he committed suicide?

Well, he just damaged the family name by commiting suicide. He is a coward leaving his wife and kids to bear the brunt . he is a weakling!

so easy for you to judge him, though not the best option then again you are not him, am sure you don't know half of what he went through...it's quite unfortunate to his family
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by ifreshanyi: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
People are so quick to judge and its funny because we all haven't heard the complete story both from the man's side, his manager in the bank, the borrower and the bank themselves. I think the Bank shouldn't be blamed though as I believe there are procedures in place for everything. Secondly, I think its a lesson for everyone especially for married couples. Two heads are better than one. If the man had sought the advice of his wife before approving or collecting the loan and when things got sour and if she was a very understanding woman I believe this thing may not have happened. Couples should not hide anything from each other. That was why God gave Adam Eve to help him.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Mikun001: 8:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
Guess he must have been going thru some family issues. He wouldn't have shot himself cos of the loan considering the fact that he was described as a brilliant and vibrant banker. RIP Oliseh
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
Foolish man, with all his education he choose to be foolish...who told him he can't get out of it... Now he has killed himself, his children will live with the stigma and the truth might never be revealed, and the wife he thinks he love will look for a younger lover to service her and his children suffer for it. He just messed up everything he built with his time and effort.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by otokx(m): 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
FCMB has fallen my hand, how can you give loan with little or no collateral?
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Dminister(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
The reason why you should not envy anybody. Everyone is one way or the other having some problems.

I always pray to be genuinely rich without problems so God help me Amen.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by elegushichilling: 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
I think there is more to dis newspaper story. There are certain fact, not in dis paper page. Who kills himself cos of family name, an adult? Too sad nd thou shall nt judge, all for God. The deceased might actually be guilty of certain things he thought can't be undone, just thinking.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ronaldinnioh:
When the bank manager was told to pay the jamb lesson tutors were busy asking me if Kim karashian was among the choir members who sang at deeper life champ ground at Lagos but instead she was among the Niger delta avengers that she was not in a hurry to follow chibok girls move to the front seat and allow Buhari's daughter not to pick her Law bar coat. Am not okay with the way tomatoes dropped that it heavily affected Dangote from making sure his Dollar transactions was depicted in Euros that Arsene Wenger was not among those who decided to sign C Ronaldo when he wanted to make a move to Aso rock and vote for APC members who were not paying attention when Patience Jonathan shouted their is God ooooo that made all ISIS members decides to take a selfie with Obama who wasn't ready to see that Donald Trump even voted for Hilary Clinton who was not running against in at the Peoples Democratic Party.

are you on drugs?
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by tonygee88(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ronaldinnioh:
When the bank manager was told to pay the jamb lesson tutors were busy asking me if Kim karashian was among the choir members who sang at deeper life champ ground at Lagos but instead she was among the Niger delta avengers that she was not in a hurry to follow chibok girls move to the front seat and allow Buhari's daughter not to pick her Law bar coat. Am not okay with the way tomatoes dropped that it heavily affected Dangote from making sure his Dollar transactions was depicted in Euros that Arsene Wenger was not among those who decided to sign C Ronaldo when he wanted to make a move to Aso rock and vote for APC members who were not paying attention when Patience Jonathan shouted their is God ooooo that made all ISIS members decides to take a selfie with Obama who wasn't ready to see that Donald Trump even voted for Hilary Clinton who was not running against in at the Peoples Democratic Party.
NONSENSE!!!
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Otegiri04: 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
Too bad he had to take his own life and I think the heading should have been banker takes his own life and not olisa nwakoby of FCMB commits suicide. Why drag the banks name into this?
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by omojeesu(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
No, he shouldn't have done this!

He has compounded his problem for eternity because he has no right before God to take his life.

What pain to the family!

May God comfort them.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by elegushichilling: 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
Angrymode:
RIP to the dead cry but how did a micro biologist qualify to be a bank loan approval officer 9ja I hail o and I smell illegal connection in his appointment.

That is Nigeria for u. Things are nw upside down bt I don't care as long as it is employment. The picture of dis country even make people to cater for d well being of their generations unborn. D future is so unsure cos of shitty mess of dis country. But instead of turning to d One who have answers nd solutions to d mess, pple are taken d bull by d horn, thinking they will prefer a solution, unfortunately majority are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Otegiri04: 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
Too bad he took his own life. But the heading should have been banker commits suicide and not olisa nwakoby of FCMB. Why drag the bank into this heading
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by shukuokukobambi: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
ordinary 350million he dey kill himself, wetin Ben Bruce with debt of 11Billion go do na?

bury himself after suicide? angry

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by kay29000(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2016
hungryboy:
you are in no position to judge,
Suicide is not an easy way out,
Is always the last option for the depressed and hopeless,
A mistake, a bad moment of judgement,
A trusted friend betraying his trust etc,
Could be one of the things that led him to this point.

Thank u jare. Too many insensitive people on Nairaland.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Bimpe29: 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
Olisa simply brought unending sorrow to his wife and little daughter. His act wasn't only ungodly but highly uncalled for. Tough time never last long, but tough people do.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
WinningSun:

why don't you re negotiate the loan.
i am working towards that they ve agreed to accept %60 but i am still trying to see if they can accept atleast &% 45 or 50 or i can just declare bankrupt.

What i am not ever going to do is to go down the suicide route like this banker. Infact his case if true was just a mere approval of a loan he didn't need to worry.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by lordkhalifa(m): 9:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
I rather commit suicide than to kill my self

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by chidozieikeji2: 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nonsense wich name is he protecting which name is clean in this country dis man just wasted his precious life because of a chicken change oh he shud have faced court and declared bankruptcy highest two years or 3 he will be free pple steal billions and go free and he stole little change and killed himself chai I pity his family
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by kk4kiss(m): 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
RIP but it's so stupid for one to take his or her life, it's a big sin before God and humanity no matter what it doesn't worth it, I can never do a bank jod or police work till I die.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by knxpin(m): 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
AntiWailer:
Spoilt coward.

Tough times don't last, only tough people do.

Even if he stole the money, he should be brave enough to face the consequence.

He just put the wife in sorrow after probably spending chunk of the money on ladies and frivolities.

I do not think or believe he killed himself cos he approved loan. Nobody does that as long as you follow Governance.

From a reliable family source, He was setup by his colleagues because he was promoted to a higher level than his mates in Lagos for his hardwork and the mates ganged together and wants to put shame on him by setting him up with some bad transaction to rope him in and as such he could not bear the shame. The big question is who is Mr or Mrs integrity in Nigeria when all our past and present lawmakers are criminals with bold faces.
Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by opribo(m): 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
Going by the story he only approved the loan he is not the end beneficiary. If that is the case where are the others who authorised the loan, the chief credit officer, the financial controller, the chief auditor, the internal control chief and others. Unless there is something missing in the story the man has no reason killing himself, a good lawyer could have defended him perfectly well.

The banks in Nigeria are just murderers, they pursue you to go out and get liability assets and deposits through any means just get it to keep growing in the bank and retain your position, after if anything goes wrong they will still sacrifice that same one.
When I am the finance minister there will be only four big banks that will acquire all these mess called financial institutions. Those four banks will be fully strong financially, rich network of branches, incredible IT infrastruture, excellent internal controls, perfect credit analyst and above all sound professional bankers and not engineers or doctors or anyother career professional branching off into banking due to lack of job.
RIP to the dead, though a cowardly act, if politicians can steal and remain confident how much more a worker who's only offence is giving out a loan that went bad.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Nwakoby Of FCMB Commits Suicide In Front Of His Pastor In Lagos (photo) by ckmayoca: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
jerryfisher:
dead body no dey pay person money!!!RIP man,u took a wise decision

But his landed properties may be seized

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ilekura Samson Ajayi Is Soldier Who Killed Joseph Pessu In Warri, Delta / Abiodun Egunjobi, 'Godogodo', Armed Robber's Fall (Photos) / UNIZIK Graduate Dies After She Was Poisoned By A Guy She Turned Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.