Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,956 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) (3288 Views)

Hnd Conversion To Bsc Cost At Kwasu / Nairaland Interschool debate: Equating HND with BSC: Winner: OAU / How To Upgrade Your ND And HND Certificate To BSC - See Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by gedtalks(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2016
Buhari said he is willing to end Bsc, HND Dichotomy, however he has not considered that:

1. It is so much easier to obtain admission into the Polythecnics than Universities. Therefore the products cannot be the same. I f he said improve the standards first, then he will be making more sense. But like someone rightly said how do you expect him to know "anything" about higher education when his O'Levels is even questionable.

2. There is already so much competition for white collar jobs. If you feed a Nigerian Poly Graduate that his qualification is same as the B.Sc ....trust me (with our Nigerian mentality) nobody will want to work in the Nigerian technical industries; for eg. A poly graduate will want to sit in the office instead of soiling his hands with the machines.

3. B. tech is normally issued in industrialized countries where technical jobs are paid as well as or even better than the B.Sc's because they MANUFACTURE. Technological PRODUCTION/ MANUFACTURING = FINANCIAL capacity to pay B.tech graduates well...and even better. CAN our POLY graduates MANUFACTURE "ANYTHING".. even as little as a pin B.tech should be the peak of productivity. FOR INDUSTRIALIZED countries ONLY

4. Bachelors degree system is already being flooded with low standards.. such as the part timers, the online universities, and the continuing education center, etc... where admissions are just by fees payment and an "expo-ed" WAEC result.

The summary of my points is that the qualities are not same yet. why does he need to kill BSc further rather than improve the quality of HND. Nigeria technological system does not equate to B.tech qualifications. FULL STOP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by kishimi8(m): 8:36am On Jul 31, 2016
Bro, nobody gives jobs based on degrees only government jobs do that. If you have the skills needed for a job you will get it.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by nnachukz(m): 8:43am On Jul 31, 2016
A fake WAEC holder can never understand the difference between the two certificates.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by ITbomb(m): 8:49am On Jul 31, 2016
All these certs will not matter in the future where your technical skills will be assessed and recommended

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by orisa37: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2016
The Society is sick. He is working for the North. The Banking system is already destroyed. He will destroy Education and everything else if the NASS remains thiefry and lackadaisical as they are presently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by Ddy(m): 10:26am On Jul 31, 2016
Why all this bsc,hnd Wahalla.I see some bsc holders shouting against hnd been equal to them. Where have the certificate u have now taken u to. most of us that have Msc even going for Phd are not complaining na just ordinary 1st degree u dey shout for inequality.Go upgrade urself,get a skill and the sky will be ur starting point

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ddy:
Why all this bsc,hnd Wahalla.I see some bsc holders shouting against hnd been equal to them. Where have the certificate u have now taken u to. most of us that have Msc even going for Phd are not complaining na just ordinary 1st degree u dey shout for inequality.Go upgrade urself,get a skill and the sky will be ur starting point

God bless....... YOUR FATHER

Na only you Don talk sense for this matter!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by shigo20(m): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
Why are people shouting abt this matter.I guess its only those looking for white coler job that are making the noise.I ll graduate as a poly student but am not bothered by this cox I was trained 2 be a job creator not a job seeker.it is also only poly student who are not sure of their self in the labour market that are getting scared.the only difference I found is that of going for masters,but for me professional courses are more than masters.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by waterfas: 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2016
gedtalks:
Buhari said he is willing to end Bsc, HND Dichotomy, however he has not considered that:

1. It is so much easier to obtain admission into the Polythecnics than Universities. Therefore the products cannot be the same. I f he said improve the standards first, then he will be making more sense. But like someone rightly said how do you expect him to know "anything" about higher education when his O'Levels is even questionable.

2. There is already so much competition for white collar jobs. If you feed a Nigerian Poly Graduate that his qualification is same as the B.Sc ....trust me (with our Nigerian mentality) nobody will want to work in the Nigerian technical industries; for eg. A poly graduate will want to sit in the office instead of soiling his hands with the machines.

3. B. tech is normally issued in industrialized countries where technical jobs are paid as well as or even better than the B.Sc's because they MANUFACTURE. Technological PRODUCTION/ MANUFACTURING = FINANCIAL capacity to pay B.tech graduates well...and even better. CAN our POLY graduates MANUFACTURE "ANYTHING".. even as little as a pin B.tech should be the peak of productivity. FOR INDUSTRIALIZED countries ONLY

4. Bachelors degree system is already being flooded with low standards.. such as the part timers, the online universities, and the continuing education center, etc... where admissions are just by fees payment and an "expo-ed" WAEC result.

The summary of my points is that the qualities are not same yet. why does he need to kill BSc further rather than improve the quality of HND. Nigeria technological system does not equate to B.tech qualifications. FULL STOP
OP, B.Tech is higher than B.sc in a real sence, just only in Nigeria we take them as the same. It is easier and cheaper to obtain a Bsc even in Nigeria. Get your info right.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by Mustack: 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2016
gedtalks:

op get your fact right oh... it is easier to get ND admission to HND..

you want to tell that b.tech in accounting should rather soil his hand or his profession is ment to be in workshop
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by successnd(m): 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
bros u still have a long way to go. Hnd is descriminated too much here in Nigeria. moreover who told you HND is easier to. obtain
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by DesChyko: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
Who B. Sc help? Make I hear word jare. All these degrees are nothing if they have no place in reality. About 400,000 degree holders are being graduated yearly, where are the jobs? You'ld simply gp further for Masters only to see there's still hectic competition up there.. A Rat Race.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by BlackBaron: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
OP sounds like someone with a chip on his shoulder because he has a B.Sc degree.
He writes like poly students sit all day in a workshop with no class based activities.
It's your type that becomes Manager and swiftly discriminates a degree at first sight without actually knowing if one's the right fit for a job

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by gidimasters(m): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
Here to read comments
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by DabuIIIT: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
One can only hope the nepa bill certificate holder knows what hes doing...
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by chudyprince: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ddy:
may God bless your heart bro
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by Enrichlee(m): 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2016
Seems OP is obviously misinformed. B.Tech has always been in Nigeria, I'm a B.Tech holder from a Nigerian University. Yea. I spent an extra year in the uni to obtain it unlike those who get a B.Sc in my discipline from a conventional University
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
The hypocrisy of some people is very alarming, so ugrading HND to Btech is what gives you sleepless night right?
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by sylvez(m): 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
gidimasters:
Here to read comments
me too
n I've read yr comment
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by harsysky(m): 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
Please, let them be. I was joyous when I heard that. It's a great news. Everyone should be given equal rights. If a poly student is good, no p. It even helps the bsc guys buckle up.

I'm a B.eng graduate, so poly bring it on, jaree. You guys will make us work smart, now
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by ibnjarir93(m): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
OP is pathetically insecure.
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by kennyland1(m): 4:29am On Aug 01, 2016
Op u just need to change ur orientation, u re a pathetic discriminator
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by Mustack: 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
harsysky:
Please, let them be. I was joyous when I heard that. It's a great news. Everyone should be given equal rights. If a poly student is good, no p. It even helps the bsc guys buckle up.

I'm a B.eng graduate, so poly bring it on, jaree. You guys will make us work smart, now
I gbandun u.....
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by tosyne2much(m): 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
OP, I still don't know the morale of this ill-thought write-up you drafted. First and foremost, I want to correct your perception about lif. You don't need to be a university graduate before your senses can work right. However, the fact that Buhari does not hold a degree is not enough reason to rule a conclusion that he can't resolve educational conflicts in Nigeria

At least from the crap you posted, obviously, one can deduce that you're a Bsc holder, does that change the fact that your write-up reeks of ignorance and irrational thinking?

I'm not here to defend HND certificate nor give glory to Bsc holders, what I'm trying to say is that, always try to be very thoughtful before posting
Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by fineyemi(m): 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
OP is wrong about somethings which i wanna clarify.

1. Obtaining a BSC as a full-time student and Part-time is the same. NUC now monitors Universities selling part time degree to make sure they have high standard doctorate lecturers lecturing them.

2. If a university is caught collecting bride from part time student for marks or scores the University will be disaccredited from selling part time form. Ask Lagos state university(LASU) and Afe babalola university(ABUAD) (They were banned By NUC for part time misconduct)

3. If u say Buhari is making B.tech to be more higher than BSc by scapping HND then its gonna favour me because I have OND from Yabatech and BSC from Uniosun. Therefore i already have a B.TECH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[b]YABATECH [/b]Changed me and made me discover my potentials.

Re: Buhari Will Further Destroy The Bsc By Introducing B.tech..(equating It To Bsc) by fineyemi(m): 4:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
gedtalks:

OP is wrong about somethings which i wanna clarify.

1. Obtaining a BSC as a full-time student and Part-time is the same. NUC now monitors Universities selling part time degree to make sure they have high standard doctorate lecturers lecturing them.

2. If a university is caught collecting bride from part time student for marks or scores the University will be disaccredited from selling part time form. Ask Lagos state university(LASU)and Afe babalola university(ABUAD) (They were banned By NUC for part time misconduct)

3. If u say Buhari is making B.tech to be more higher than BSc by scapping HND then its gonna favour me because I have OND from Yabatech and BSC from Uniosun. Therefore i already have a B.TECH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

YABATECH Changed me and made me discover my potentials.

(1) (Reply)

Drunk Female College Student Urinated On Herself / Help Help Help...biochemistry Or Geology / JAMB 2018 Registration: Steps To Create Profile And Get Epins​

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.