Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,055 members, 7,807,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? (929 Views)

Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft / Suffer Suffer For World, Enjoy For Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by YoBoyfwend(m): 10:40am On Jul 31, 2016
Its always bugging me to ask this question. Why should it be so?

At least, on the day of Judgement, we would be alone. Why must we be made to suffer the sins of our parents? Isn't that wickedness?

Most of these parents have done grave things, wicked acts.. And children still suffer the punishments.

What do you all think? A vivid explanation please... 'cause i'm starting to think life is unfair.
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by fbtowner(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2016
on judgement day everyone will carry their sin

but on earth children will pay for the sins of their father. and vice versa

its very logical. u carry their face around and u answer their name they are reference to ur existence

its simple. don't complicate it for ur self
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by YoBoyfwend(m): 10:55am On Jul 31, 2016
fbtowner:

its very logical. u carry their face around and u answer their name they are reference to ur existence
facial look and name isn't enough reason why we should....suffer for their sins... Some have been dead for long and eventually, tribulations occur and its always attributed to sins of their parents.
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by yomi007k(m): 10:59am On Jul 31, 2016
My dear lets look at it from this angle.
If a man got a job and all he does is drink, chase women, lies, steals , does not plan and neglect the family.

The children may be less successful or productive....Although its not the kids fault but they are a part of the man n will always share in his pain. Its automatic.

Its always good to be cautious of our actions.

Im a doctor in the north n I try to counsel parents on lifestyle management and to restrict thier kids number to what they can manage but they pull out religious scriptures (both christian n muslim alike).....

The truth is always there, we only choose to look away.
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by Jack65: 11:12am On Jul 31, 2016
fbtowner:
on judgement day everyone will carry their sin

but on earth children will pay for the sins of their father. and vice versa

Its very sad to see you trying to justify this. "It's logical" according to you because they carry their parents faces around and answer their name. Meanwhile according to the bible: Exodus 20:5 . . . for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; (KJV)

[b]1 Samuel 15:2-3, 32-33 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. . . Then said Samuel, Bring ye hither to me Agag the king of the Amalekites. And Agag came unto him delicately. And Agag said, Surely the bitterness of death is past. And Samuel said, As thy sword hath made women childless, so shall thy mother be childless among women. And Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the LORD in Gilgal. (KJV)
[/b]This revenge upon the nation of Amalek came about 380 years after their ambush of Israel, long after the perpetrators had died (see Exodus 17:cool. Can you also justify this?
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by firstking01(m): 11:31am On Jul 31, 2016
YoBoyfwend:

At least, on the day of Judgement, we would be alone. Why must we be made to suffer the sins of our parents? Isn't that wickedness?

Most of these parents have done grave things, wicked acts.. And children still suffer the punishments.

What do you all think? A vivid explanation please... 'cause i'm starting to think life is unfair.
The scriptures cannot be broken...read exodus 20, from verse 4, 5, 6 and beyond.
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by firstking01(m): 11:31am On Jul 31, 2016
YoBoyfwend:

The scriptures cannot be broken...read exodus 20, from verse 4, 5, 6 and beyond...that answers your question.
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by fbtowner(m): 11:38am On Jul 31, 2016
YoBoyfwend:
facial look and name isn't enough reason why we should....suffer for their sins... Some have been dead for long and eventually, tribulations occur and its always attributed to sins of their parents.

think of it this way. ur father was once a wicked lecturer he sleeps with female student. and fail a lot of students.

now u been his child after many years later seeks employment in an organization and the employer happen to be one of the student ur father had maltreated. so tell me won't u reap what ur father sow. remember same happens if ur father was a good man. even grand father.

i still say it is very logical
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by YoBoyfwend(m): 11:55am On Jul 31, 2016
fbtowner:

think of it this way. ur father was once a wicked lecturer he sleeps with female student. and fail a lot of students.

now u been his child after many years later seeks employment in an organization and the employer happen to be one of the student ur father had maltreated. so tell me won't u reap what ur father sow. remember same happens if ur father was a good man. even grand father.

i still say it is very logical
too much Nigerian films!
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by YoBoyfwend(m): 11:56am On Jul 31, 2016
firstking01:
The scriptures cannot be broken...read exodus 20, from verse 4, 5, 6 and beyond...that answers your question.
explain it plainly.
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by christinnah(f): 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2016
read this! DEUTERONOMY 24 vs 16

"parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents, each will die for their own sin"
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by firstking01(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
YoBoyfwend:
explain it plainly.
....I the lord i'm a jealous God, visiting the iniquities of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate ME(GOD)...From verse 5b of exodus 20.
Re: Why Do Children Suffer For The Sins Of Their Parents? by fbtowner(m): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
YoBoyfwend:
too much Nigerian films!

really ? is that what u think? i give up

(1) (Reply)

Church Building Collapse In Uyo---(graphic Pics) / Jesus Christ Is NOT Coming Back To Save Black People / Rccg Sunday School Manual Lesson,30th April,2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.