Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others (22922 Views)

The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics) / JAMB To Validate The Admission Lists Of Various Tertiary Institutions This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by callydon(m): 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has withdrawn the list of recommended candidates for admission earlier sent to the tertiary institutions, the Board said in a statement on Sunday.
“This is to ensure that the University Senate perform its statutory responsibility of conducting the selection of candidates and refer it to JAMB for confirmation in line with the admission criteria of merit, catchment and educationally disadvantaged states as directed by the Hon Minister of Education at the policy committee meeting,” Fabian Benjamin, the organisation’s head of media, said in a statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES.
“The earlier list was sent to help fast track the process of admission so as to allow other tiers of institutions also conduct their admission.
“Candidates should not panic because this is part of the process of the 2016 admission exercise. JAMB regrets any inconvenience this decision would have caused the tertiary institutions
“The Board regrets any inconvenience it’s proactive step would have caused the tertiary institutions.”

SOURCE: http://www.fullgist.com.ng/2016/07/breaking-jamb-withdraws-2016-admission.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Taeewo(m): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
Few hours to August 1st and am still seeing the south south and easterners here, when are they travelling as directed by their OGA AT THE TOP?

Taeewo - Emeka, how fa?

Emeka - Ahh Tayo, how fa na?

Taeewo - My name no be Tayo, i be Taiwo

Emeka - Anyhow jare

Taeewo - When you dey travel na, abi u don forget wetin una oga tell una (Ichorilulo)

Emeka - Travel ko, na their papa want feed me..

14 Likes

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Make i book space
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Abdul8quite(m): 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
Good decision

1 Like

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by ikbnice(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
JAMB seems confused.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by callydon(m): 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2016
Lol...
It seems like CONFUSION shud be their middle name these days.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by saintkel(m): 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2016
JAMB has joined APC o, confusion everywhere

3 Likes

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Iscoalarcon: 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nawa Ooo for this people
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Gabbyblinks(m): 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
beta......
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Gabbyblinks(m): 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2016
beta......I knw God will not allow any policy dat did not favour me....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by ojun50(m): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
See now i once told some1 that student we be @ d receiving end bt he was here talking plenty like a woman.
This is wht happen wen u hv a president who present nepa bill has certificate.
The jamb coordinator is also a big fool, u can nt jst bring policy with in a year u expect thins to work out fine most in dis case.

6 Likes

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by claremont(m): 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
This looks like a good development. The universities will submit their list to JAMB, JAMB will check to see if list conforms to the criteria they have, and JAMB will grant admission letters to the ones they deem are qualified to attend the university. So basically, if a university submits a candidate that is not qualified to JAMB due to the ''Nigerian factor'', JAMB is the final arbiter and will act accordingly to remove such a candidate and replace the name will a suitably qualified one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Lordgel: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ok
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by maxdozie(m): 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
Confirmed!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by afanide: 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2016
confused set of pple
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by holywota: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2016
i nearly fainted a few hours ago for not finding the 2016 jamb admission e-facility,this is a miracle,i knew the Pprophesy my pastor made last week was mine.Thank you my jesus!!

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by akpananiefiok(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nigeria is confused, buhari is confused, adamu adamu, students are confused, universities are more confused, and finally parent are super confused....

7 Likes

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by druxy(m): 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
maxdozie:
Confirmed!!!!!!!
still trying to figure out what the screenshot has to do with the postundecided

7 Likes

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2016
so this change has gotten into our education sector, the change is very real, now everything is going from bad to worst, who will even deliver this country?

God most high please in your infinite mercy please grant me the opportunity to leave this country, Amen
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by FuckTheM0ds(m): 12:25am On Aug 01, 2016
Gabbyblinks:
beta......I knw God will not allow any policy dat did not favour me....
same her ooo bro.
UI all the way
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Toria4sure: 12:36am On Aug 01, 2016
Thank you God
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by cyberguy72(m): 6:13am On Aug 01, 2016
claremont:
This looks like a good development. The universities will submit their list to JAMB, JAMB will check to see if list conforms to the criteria they have, and JAMB will grant admission letters to the ones they deem are qualified to attend the university. So basically, if a university submits a candidate that is not qualified to JAMB due to the ''Nigerian factor'', JAMB is the final arbiter and will act accordingly to remove such a candidate and replace the name will a suitably qualified one.
Jamb is no final Arbiter,rather the universities are.Any list submitted to Jamb is final

1 Like

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Toluwani111: 6:32am On Aug 01, 2016
When i saw it at http://dailyschoolgist..in/2016/07/unbelievable-jamb-withdraws-list-of.html i thought it was a lie.
MAY GOD HELP US.
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by jazinogold(m): 6:33am On Aug 01, 2016
Jamb n the ministry of education have been confusing Nigerian Students lately.... dy need prayers!

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by veekid(m): 6:33am On Aug 01, 2016
Jamb dey confuse jamb, im sorry for this country
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by legendary4luv(m): 6:34am On Aug 01, 2016
ok
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Flexherbal(m): 6:34am On Aug 01, 2016
Is this body confussed?
They do not even know the next step to take.
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Mopolchi: 6:35am On Aug 01, 2016
Na waoo
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Donprayer(m): 6:37am On Aug 01, 2016
Both jamb and nuc are confused government bodies
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by LMAyedun(m): 6:37am On Aug 01, 2016
JAMB is officially going the way of INEC.. always confused.

Which sector of this country is even working under Buhari?

Agriculture - 0%
Education - 0%
Petroleum - 0%
Electricity - 0%
Economy - 0%

God, help us rescue Nigeria from this clueless set of people presently in Gov't

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by Rhotiz: 6:37am On Aug 01, 2016
Jamb z so confused
Re: JAMB Withdraws 2016 Admission Lists Sent To Universities, Others by talktrue1(m): 6:38am On Aug 01, 2016
Confusion everywhere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD THE FULL PTDF SCHOLARSHIP PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS HERE / Nairaland Interschool debate Elimination stage Winner 1: Unijos / Subsidy Removal: Public Institutions To The Rescue As Parents Dump Private Schoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.