Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,478 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:14 PM

Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke (25414 Views)

RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) / Vivian Okeke And Ibrahim Isah Fail To Recite National Anthem & Pledge (Video) / Vivian Okeke Fails To Recite National Anthem, Pledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by NaijaRevolution: 2:23am On Aug 01, 2016
The Career Diplomat Mrs.Vivian Okeke who recently made waves in the media over her National Anthem singing. Recently was endorsed by United States Ambassador Perry for her excellent accomplishment while representing Nigeria as Director Of International Trade Relations working with the United States Government and the Obama Administration.

United States Ambassador and former US Secertary on African Affairs stated that

"The first time I worked with Mrs. Okeke was on CCA’s March 2011 Nigeria Investment Power Forum co-hosted with the Embassy of Nigeria. Mrs. Okeke was the Economic, Trade and Investment Minister Counselor at the Nigerian embassy in Washington, DC, under the late Ambassador Adebowale Adefuye. We worked closely as a team to plan the Forum, and Mrs. Okeke followed up relentlessly to ensure the participation of senior Nigerian government officials and business leaders to tell the story of investment opportunities in Nigeria’s power sector. The success of the March 2011 Nigeria Investment Power Forum planted the seed for the February 2012 power sector trade mission led by the Africa Bureau of the U.S. State Department and CCA to five African countries, including Nigeria."

Some of Notable Trade missions she has championed for Foreign Investment in Nigeria are:

Mrs. Okeke also played a vital role in the Nigerian Embassy’s coordination of other events with the Corporate Council on Africa to promote American investment in Nigeria. Her understanding of the multi-cultural dynamics in the U.S. and Nigeria, and her calm, quiet speaking style uniquely enabled her to be a trusted and valued advisor to Ambassador Adefuye as they jointly crafted Nigeria’s story as a premier investment destination to American audiences, and gained the participation of Nigerian Ministers, Governors, Members of the National Assembly, and business leaders on the stage. Key events included:

• April 2012: The Transforming Nigerian Agribusiness through Investment Forum in Washington, D.C. led by H.E. Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development;

• October 2012: Investment Forum on Nigeria’s Infrastructure in Washington, D.C. led by H.E. Mr. Mike Onolememen, Minister of Works; and

• March 2013: CCA’s Infrastructure trade mission to Nigeria hosted by H.E. Mr. Mike Onolememen.

By the time President Obama first announced his Power Africa Initiative in August 2013, Nigeria was the most prepared out of the first six focus countries, with a robust in-country private sector ready to take advantage of incentives.

In the last five years since our first event together, CCA has hosted 10 high-profile events to promote U.S.-Nigeria trade and investment. These have included presidential dinners with H.E. Muhammadu Buhari and Former President Goodluck Jonathan; high-level trade missions from the United States; and most recently, the U.S.-Nigeria Institutional Investor Roadshow & Business Forum in March 2016, that CCA hosted with the Nigerian Government and the U.S. Departments of State and Commerce. In a letter to H.E. Geoffrey Onyeama, Minister of Foreign Affairs after the event in March, CCA President and CEO, Stephen Hayes specifically mentioned Mrs. Okeke. “I would like to take this opportunity to praise the tremendous work and effort Mrs. Vivian Okeke, Director, Ministry of Foreign Affairs put in to coordinate this program. She has been invaluable to the success of the event. This was one of our most successful Nigeria events and we hope it leads to increased U.S. investments in Nigeria.”

As a retired career diplomat, I also think Mrs. Okeke’s 33-year career in the Nigerian Foreign Service is important to note. Although each new president brings change in respect to policy, and ministerial and other senior appointments, career diplomats provide continuity and seasoned experience to support the priorities of the new administration. The importance of this cannot be overstated. Imagine if governments had to re-negotiate trade deals, re-sign MOUs and build new relationships every four or eight years when there was a change in power? Career diplomats work in the interest of country first and they are instrumental – especially to new administrations – because they know the political and economic ‘lay of the land’ in each country to which they are assigned. Their experience guides national policy so that new administrations do not have to learn from mistakes, the hard way.

Mrs. Okeke is one of the most qualified and professional diplomats I have worked with in my 34-year diplomatic career. Her nomination is merited and if she is approved by the Senate, her title as Ambassador will be a position that she has truly earned.

Amb. Robert C. Perry (Ret.) is the immediate past vice president of the Corporate Council on Africa. He has served as the U.S. Ambassador to the Central African Republic and as Deputy Assistant Secretary in the US State Department’s Bureau of African Affairs.

http://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2016/07/31/vivian-okeke-make-great-ambassador-robert-c-perry/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by TheBiafran(m): 2:41am On Aug 01, 2016
her business
the zoo is falling
why nominate 5%?
bubu is SCARED!
but the zoo must fall!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Nobody: 3:39am On Aug 01, 2016
Typical Nigeria anti Igbo mentality....how do we destroy this overly qualified Igbo woman? The only way is to find something that all of us can not recite with full competence...that is the National Anthem. I wish I was her aid behind her when the wicked anti Igbo beast posed her that question...I'd have told her in her ears, don't recite nothing instead ask him to recite it first to embarrass the i$diot. This is how qualified people are bypassed in this country out of envy, instead you have uneducated, dummies running our country into ditches.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by MadCow1: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2016
This is no big deal jare.

A Large percentage of Nigerians can't recite the National Anthem. Battabox (a street camera show) proved it when they randomly interviewed Nigerians on the street and asked them to recite the National Anthem to which they failed. And its not peculiar to Nigerians alone, the world over, it's the exact same thing. Many People just can't cram shiit.

I can bet my bottom dollar that some people here cant recite 'our lords prayers either' yet they are in church 8 days a week.

Many Nairalanders cant recite the National Anthem either.

If the Woman's only flaw is her inability to recite the National Anthem then by all means let her become an Ambassador.. An Ambassadors job is not to recite national anthem but to establish and maintain diplomatic relations between Nigeria and other nations.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by lonelydora: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2016
HAPPY NEW MONTH TO ALL NAIRALANDERS!!!

Failing to recite National Anthem is no big deal and doesn't make him unintelligent.

Reminds me the story of one certain rich man who was asked "Who was the president of US in 1923 or so?" The man said "A $1 encyclopedia will answer that" that he doesn't need to know it by heart because he has more important thing to think about.

Just ask Dangote to recite the National Anthem. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by BIGTinfotech: 9:07am On Aug 01, 2016
USA would always act in their best interest and not in the interest of any country.

*Always remember that*

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by DropShot: 9:07am On Aug 01, 2016
[s]
TheBiafran:
her business
the zoo is falling
why nominate 5%?
bubu is SCARED!
but the zoo must fall!
[/s]
I've been hearing this long before Dilector Kanu was caged in the zoo.

More than ten months after, his gullible followers are still making the same empty threat. grin grin grin

@ topic, in an ideal situation, anyone who fails to sing the national anthem should be disqualified.

22 Likes

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Beremx(f): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2016
Not everyone can recite National Anthem. Me sef don forget too. From her interview, she's over qualified for the job.

1 Like

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by arobest10(m): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2016
Alright
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Udmaster(m): 9:09am On Aug 01, 2016
Who is above mistake? Leave the woman jare.. She is fucated and competent.
65% of Nairalanders may fail to receite 36 states and capital correctly offhand.

4 Likes

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by charlydot(m): 9:09am On Aug 01, 2016
quote author=NaijaRevolution post=48072330]The Career Diplomat Mrs.Vivian Okeke who recently made waves in the media over her National Anthem singing. Recently was endorsed by United States Ambassador Perry for her excellent accomplishment while representing Nigeria as Director Of International Trade Relations working with the United States Government and the Obama Administration.

http://opinion.premiumtimesng.com/2016/07/31/vivian-okeke-make-great-ambassador-robert-c-perry/[/quote]that's good, the almighty God is on her side...
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by argon500: 9:09am On Aug 01, 2016
Na national anthem we wan chop or performance.. I doubt if our president can recite the national anthem correctly..

Next
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Integrityfarms(m): 9:10am On Aug 01, 2016
To be sincere PMB, can't recite the national anthem. Even 60% of the m holding ministerial positions can't!

So that's no big deal!
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 9:10am On Aug 01, 2016
In Nigeria elephant can fly.
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by free2ryhme: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2016
Well

Her Cv finaly speaks for her
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by kossyablaze(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2016
Cool..... I understood also that she spent most of her life outside Nigeria. Not enough excuse really, she can do better. But wait o... I just finished serving last year, don't think I can recite nysc again

1 Like

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by kossyablaze(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2016
free2ryhme:
Well

Her Cv finaly speaks for her
lol
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by jammani(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2016
Uduak2019:
Typical Nigeria anti Igbo mentality....how do we destroy this overly qualified Igbo woman? The only way is to find something that all of us can not recite with full competence...that is the National Anthem. I wish I was her aid behind her when the wicked anti Igbo beast posed her that question...I'd have to her in her ears, don't recite nothing instead ask him to recite it first to embarrass the i$diot. This is how qualified people are bypassed in this country for envy, instead you have uneducated, dummies running our country into ditches.

Gibberish
Your people cant chant the national anthem
Cover your face

5 Likes

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by free2ryhme: 9:11am On Aug 01, 2016
BJAYADEMOLA:
In Nigeria elephant can fly.

And cockroach can be high chief
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by salabscholar01(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2016
ok
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by DammyGbade(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2016
I am so sure that most of them in NASS cannot recite the National anthem right... Kettle calling pot black
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by kossyablaze(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2016
argon500:
Na national anthem we wan chop or performance.. I doubt if our president can recite the national anthem correctly..

Next
Bro I no concur o...This is no excuse. Do u know what national anthem is? For a sensitive post as that
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Rex123(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2016
Not being able to recite the anthem is devastating! A career diplomat! I still think she should be appointed! Better her than those old fools that knows nothing about the international politics and how to represent their nation!
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by free2ryhme: 9:12am On Aug 01, 2016
She made a simple mistake on reciting the anthem and we already want her dead? Nigerians are mean sha!
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by kossyablaze(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2016
DammyGbade:
I am so sure that most of them in NASS cannot recite the National anthem right... Kettle calling pot black
So we should be proud of it?

1 Like

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by free2ryhme: 9:13am On Aug 01, 2016
kossyablaze:
lol

The oyinbo don yarn on her behalf

What better CV can be more than that
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by NameChecker: 9:15am On Aug 01, 2016
ok
Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by bittertruthz: 9:15am On Aug 01, 2016
Igbos. I trust them................ They will do everything to paint this woman good. If she is from other tribe, we will be seeing different names. Biafra radio will not report this.

Unable to recite the national anthem is a shame but have nothing to do with her working ability. WILL THE IGBOS ACCEPT OR DOWNPLAY SUCH IF IT HAPPENS TO OTHER TRIBES?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Emeritusseun(m): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2016
Uduak2019:
Typical Nigeria anti Igbo mentality....how do we destroy this overly qualified Igbo woman? The only way is to find something that all of us can not recite with full competence...that is the National Anthem. I wish I was her aid behind her when the wicked anti Igbo beast posed her that question...I'd have to her in her ears, don't recite nothing instead ask him to recite it first to embarrass the i$diot. This is how qualified people are bypassed in this country for envy, instead you have uneducated, dummies running our country into ditches.

it is beta to keep mute wen u av no idea of wat u are saying...it is wholly wrong for u to conclude dat we all dnt knw hw to recite d National anthem boastfully....if u dnt , it doesnt mean odas cant

9 Likes

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by Lifestone(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2016
Uduak2019:
This is where I have serious disputes with people like you who cannot for once call a spade a spade. Recital of national anthem has become very synonymous with screening of both ambassadors and would be ministers. The thing had embarrassed so many people in the past and it beats my imagination that any smart person will go to the floor of the Senate without asking his primary school son or grandson to teach him or her.
Madam OKEKE goofed and should blame herself for poor preparation instead of turning this into an ethnic issues by some ethnic bigots.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Perry Endorses Vivian Okeke by StOla: 9:18am On Aug 01, 2016
Uduak2019:

Typical Igbo hypocrisy. When a Northerner could not recite the anthem earlier at this same screening, he was found unqualified by the Igbos who made a mockery of the North. When an Igbo could not, the anthem requirement became irrelevant to the same Igbos.

Only the Igbo is qualified by merit to hold every position available, any other tribe gets it by quota?

The 1st Republic comes to mind. Only Igbos everywhere using their position in the ruling government to help themselves to federal offices, even wailing about the Northern region not allowing them to dominate, when their own Eastern region gave nothing to anyone that wasn't from the region.

You have been condemned by the very standard you set. I'm sure many Igbos are embarrassed that this woman put their arrogant tribe to shame by failing to attain the standard for which they had already crucified the Northern nominee with much pleasure.

Egg on your face.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov El-rufai, Yari, Other APC Governors Meet With Buhari / List Of Nigerians Shortlisted For National Honours / 18 Female Soldiers Feared Kidnapped In Baga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.