Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) (62924 Views)

Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Develop A Pot Belly Stomach So Early? / Recent Pictures Of The Nairalander That Got Burnt While Using A Pressure Cooker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by lirusehn(m): 10:28am On Aug 01, 2016
Mods abeg endeavor to move this to the right section undecided

If you are expecting the Chinua-Achebe's kind of write-up 'You are on a Long thing undecided.

STRAIGHT TO THE POINT undecided

It was around 4PM on Friday after a long hectic journey,having to leave Lagos for Kaduna was one hell of a nightmare undecided.

Left Lagos around 9 PM on Friday and unfortunately the bus Bleep*d us all up before getting to Lokoja, we wasted like 5 hours and after much ado I got to school around 3:30PM with my tommy requesting for executive restoration.

The first thing to know about me is the fact that I can't stand hunger for 10 minutes as i may end up crying out loud like a kid undecided and funny enough my desire for food is always on a zero level while traveling,Irrespective of how far the journey could be i can't stand eating nor drinking anything.

My girlfriend came to meet me on my way to my lodge,I had scanned her hand hoping to see a food warmer or food flask but I only could see her hand bag 'WTF' i screamed inside of me.undecided

FAST-FORWARDED TO MY ROOM.

It was already some minutes to 4 o'clock and my stomach isn't helping matters, I needed to eat something but ain't gon' start walking to community market which has always served as my 'Mr Biggs' cool. The distance alone would only provoke those precious worms inside of me who had almost finished my tiny intestine.

Need i tell you my worms are like snakes??undecided Mehn!! You won't believe ryt?? Trust me these niccurs got no chill undecided They can finish one bowl of garrri within 5 minutes undecided. Don't even tell me to de-worm, can't stand to loose them. undecided

Back to the topic, My GF advised
me to cook sad it came as a shock as i smiled like a wounded ant. Cook?? You mean puke?? undecided. Where would i get foodstuffs from? undecided

She explained how she got 3 bowls of rice from a friend who stays somewhere around my lodge and how she couldn't take it home.

Blah blah blah!! The rice has so far been in my room since then. Glad she has a spare key to my room,hehe!! If not i for no get hope.

We agreed we gon' cook. Won't that take like hours?? I might not make it i thought undecided .

The only pot i have should do the magic,' My almighty PRESSURE POT' sad . To whom it may concern, I bought this pot 2013 and have not used it more than 7 times despite being my only pot and my gas cooker is all repping. The gas no one finish 'Edakun help me!!'sad after 3 Yrs?? undecided

Who's gon' stop this cooking? i asked myself. Calm down my spirit said!!!
Post Malone wasn't helping matters too, I had sworn to disturb the whole lodge with my newly downloaded Post Malone songs. This guy na fire AhswearuGod!!!

¿“Cigarettes and a headband. Commas¡ commas in my head man. Slumped over like a dead man...¡”. Mehn!! Nawaoo sad sad Post Malone is gon' kill sombori undecided

She brought out the rice and was shocked to see Ofada rice, 'plz sombori call 9 1 1' this black thing?? undecided undecided why not Kuku kill me na. sad . Not like I had any other option so I just couldn't stop her from cooking it.

Wey pepper and tomato na? She gave me this nasty look like she was gonna stop cooking if I hadn't shut up.
Can't sombori play with you again? undecided Action speaks louder than voice obviously!!!

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! The pot popped out pressured vapor as usual, I knew the food was on the come. I noticed starch oozing outa the vent tube.was this normal?? IONO. Less than 7 minutes the food was to be parboiled, i removed the weight valve and ssshhhh again the pressure escaped. Little did I know the worst was about to happen. The whole pressure had escaped and it was time for me to open the pot.

I sang the last verse of the then playing tear$ by Post Malone. I Was so ready to open the pot but like the pot was stiffened by those who wanted me to die of hunger. As a typical yoruba guy, the first thing that came to my mind was 'My Village people don come'. If not why would this pot start playing pranks all of a sudden?? I had no kola to offer gods nor Palm wine so I was so ready to give the pot all that it demanded.

' Post Malone - whatever' was already playing and this had given me more strength. I garnered my last strength and force opened the Pot. Lo and behold i met my doom. sad

I shouted JESUS CHRIST but it was already late, God isn't a magician. The pot exploded with full force and the explosion boomed and the final attack was on my face. sad My average-looking-face?? Why not my chest na sad. Before I could say 'MEHN' my whole face had turned red and had blanched.

Face wey i dey manage b4 naim come spoil so??
After 30 minutes the whole face don turn something else,i barely could see people around. Syto yaff die o.

I begged my Gf to stop the music or even delete all my Secular songs if possible undecided, I remember say na God i need cheesy. Everybody in the lodge had gathered in my room,different voices of friends and foes all echoed in my head. I kept hearing 'sorry o' 'pele' haba'. Almost everybody around turned Doctor all of a sudden as they kept telling all sorta ways to treat the burn.
Imagine Ahmed a Political scientist even prescribed drugs for me. It was until then I knew I was hopeless.

Indeed it was so painful and my face would prolly never remain the same. Whichever way am glad it didnt get more than this. All thankz to God,Thanks to y'all for reading too. Never forece-open your pressure pot so as to avoid stories that touch. smiley smiley

Pics before the burn

108 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by lirusehn(m): 10:30am On Aug 01, 2016
Pics after the burn undecided

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by madridguy(m): 10:30am On Aug 01, 2016
Sorry bro

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by cruzita(f): 10:32am On Aug 01, 2016
chai !!!

bros sorry o

see as the thing come make u resemble HELL BOY

345 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by zeetyzin(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2016
eeeyah.sorry o..
itll heal tho, it isnt really serious....myt take weeks tho...
pele.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2016
shocked shocked cry bro sorry ehn,the face go normal with time.I feel for you

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by maynation(f): 10:43am On Aug 01, 2016
Aaaaaaahh!!! Sorry o

8 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by DrRasheed: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2016
Congrats sir This is an opportunity to be featured in Nollywood horror film.
Sorry sir... I feel for u

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by robosky02(m): 10:45am On Aug 01, 2016
SORRY DEAR

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by lirusehn(m): 10:53am On Aug 01, 2016
DrRasheed:
Congrats sir This is an opportunity to be featured in Nollywood horror film.

Sorry sir... I feel for u

Bros you wicked o cheesy undecided

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by lirusehn(m): 10:57am On Aug 01, 2016
cruzita:
chai !!!

bros sorry o

see as the thing come make u resemble HELL BOY.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

30 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2016
daddy, you can lie o. why didn't the burns affect your lips and your akpaboyo? you sure this is not photo shop?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by Teniolasmart: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2016
ehya...........................sorry heh.......................it shld be back to normal in less than 2 months time

3 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by Kenneth205(m): 11:12am On Aug 01, 2016
shocked
Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 01, 2016
Too much smileys in your story
Op Pele.
That's why I never go near pressure cookers. Those things scare the crap outta me
From the shrill piercing noise it makes and how it releases steam undecided
I've always known those things are evil

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by esejessy(f): 11:21am On Aug 01, 2016
khalifahsparkles:
daddy, you can lie o. why didn't the burns affect your lips and your akpaboyo? you sure this is not photo shop?
Doubting Thomas!

3 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 01, 2016
Actually grin grin grin
cruzita:
chai !!!

bros sorry o

see as the thing come make u resemble HELL BOY
Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by Sexytemi(f): 11:44am On Aug 01, 2016
Eyaaa, Pele o....e wo bi pressure pot shey so eyan di hellboy in just matter of seconds... Chaii, Ndo o.

4 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by RichieDaVinci01(m): 11:46am On Aug 01, 2016
When you were snubbing that girl because you were feeling yourself you didin knew abi
She naw came to spoil your fineboy

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by robosky02(m): 11:55am On Aug 01, 2016
Sexytemi:
Eyaaa, Pele o....e wo bi pressure pot shey so eyan di hellboy in just matter of seconds... Chaii, Ndo o.

iya mi bawoni

mboluwa?
Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by khristals(m): 12:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
a sad funny story I must say... I like that u haven't lost ur sense of humour as a result of it!

but I can only imagine the story if it was your girl who got burnt.. I wonder what she'll say to her parents/guardian and most importantly I wonder if you'll stick to her despite the facial changes!

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by lirusehn(m): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
khalifahsparkles:

i reserve my comment undecided

7 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by lirusehn(m): 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
khristals:
a sad funny story I must say... I like that u haven't lost ur sense of humour as a result of it!

but I can only imagine the story if it was your girl who got burnt.. I wonder what she'll say to her parents/guardian and most importantly I wonder if you'll stick to her despite the facial changes!

he he!! Bros!! You knw maybe she go soon leave me? tongue

4 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by lirusehn(m): 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
RichieDaVinci01:
When you were snubbing that girl because you were feeling yourself you didin knew abi
She naw came to spoil your fineboy

me never once snub her o. This one na devil's handwork sad
Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by lirusehn(m): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2016
Sexytemi:

you sef ndo!! tongue

Eshe

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by lirusehn(m): 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
Teniolasmart:
ehya...........................sorry heh.......................it shld be back to normal in less than 2 months time

Bross 2months shocked shocked. You wan kill me finish?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by maggilove(f): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
Ehya sorry o, I wish you quick recovery.One has to be careful with some of these modern things. Personally I use to be scared of a pressure pot maybe that's why I don't have one.

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by robosky02(m): 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
AbroadBabe:
Robosky02

Today is the vote..
Pls follow this link..

https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination

babe how you doing

you don reach abroad you no tell me hmm grin
Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by prinx55555(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
Mehn!! Brother mi. Sorry

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander's Face Got Burnt While Using Pressure Pot (PICS) by lirusehn(m): 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
prinx55555:
Mehn!! Brother mi. Sorry

cool i sight you blooder mi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dead Body In Yobe Transported With Wheelbarrow From Hospital To Deceased Home / Let's Get To Know More Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf(vernonia Amygdalina) / Ewere Onyekpe: UK Authorities Punish Nigerian Doctor Over Sex With Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.