Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp (2875 Views)

Easiest Way To Schedule Text Messages To Send At A Later Date / How To Send Android Application Through WHATSAPP / How To Send/transfer Airtime On All Network [glo, Mtn, Etisalat & Airtel] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by henryobinna(m): 5:43am On Aug 02, 2016
[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/mp86vbELnqLi2FzvhiKdPX31_oiTRLNyeK8x4IIrbF5eD1D5RdnVwjQP0hwMNR_JdA%3Dw300[/img]

Hi,
as I've always been doing, sharing with y'all awesome Android tips n tricks. Today I'll show you how you can share Apps or any unsupported file type through WhatsApp.

How To Send Apps Through WhatsAppWhile this is not entirely new its just alittle trick you could apply to send apps or any other unsupported file through WhatsApp.
Here's How To Send Apps And Games Through WhatsAppIf the App we're about to send through WhatsApp is name 'game.apk' we change the name to 'game.docx'.That's how simple it is to change the file extension of a file or app. Once done the system would see our app as a doc file, from there we can select it and send through WhatsApp. But this only works if we have the apk file of our app in our phone or memory card, in a case where we don't have the apk of the app stored in our device memory, all we have to do is make a back up of the one installed on our Android with the use of ES File Explorer. After making the backup we can proceed to changing the file extension of our app to '.docx'

source http://www.legitstuffs.com/2016/08/how-to-send-share-apps-through-whatsapp.html
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by Xhaka(m): 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
Can iPhone do this too
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
Xhaka:
Can iPhone do this too
hahahaha..... Lolz
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by henryobinna(m): 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
Xhaka:
Can iPhone do this too
no, this trick is for only Android.
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by Justiyke4u: 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
Not working
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by henryobinna(m): 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2016
Justiyke4u:
Not working
did you try it?
what problem did you face?
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by Justiyke4u: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2016
henryobinna:
did you try it?
what problem did you face?
yes I did and after that it will still show e.g like.docx.apk at the end
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by henryobinna(m): 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2016
Justiyke4u:
yes I did and after that it will still show e.g like.docx.apk at the end
I believe you didn't do it well,

use es file explorer, locate the apk file rename it removing entirely the .apk entension and replace with .docx you should be asked a question you'll accept and from there the file would be seen as a doc file
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by Justiyke4u: 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
henryobinna:
I believe you didn't do it well,

use es file explorer, locate the apk file rename it removing entirely the .apk entension and replace with .docx you should be asked a question you'll accept and from there the file would be seen as a doc file
I should use es explorer to do the renaming?
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by henryobinna(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
Justiyke4u:
I should use es explorer to do the renaming?
yes, but make sure you clear the existing file extension i.e .apk
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by jjenva: 8:04am On Mar 14, 2017
that was a problem with whatsapp i was also looking for apk files but you may find some sites provides free android apks you may find and share form those that helped me alot
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by princemillla(m): 9:04am On Mar 14, 2017
To make it simple download apk extractor. Open it and extract the app. Go to es file and select extracted app then select the app and open with editor to remove the. Apk and replace with .docx then go to whatsapp and select the file or share to whatsapp from es file.

The receiver need to rename it back to .apk
Re: How To Send/share Apps Through Whatsapp by Oscarpraise(m): 10:07am On Mar 14, 2017
I have been waiting a long time to share apps on whatsapp, thanks a lot for the info. I hope it works on my itel S31

(1) (Reply)

Letv Leeco Cool 1 Dual. Unboxing and First impression / Mtn Ipulse #25 For 500mb / Are Gaming Phones Really Worth It?: The Truth....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.