Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? (4702 Views)

For Music Producers: FL Studio Or Reason? / How Much Do Them Top Nigerian Producers Charge On Average / Music Producers! How Much Do You Charge? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by maree7(f): 12:49am On Sep 21, 2009
What software do you prefer for audio recording or sequencing/programming?

And why?

lets discuss . . .
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by Dalimits(m): 8:53am On Jan 06, 2010
Sonar makes me sick cos its not user friendly unlike Cubase, FL Studio, Reason and Live
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by DLloyds: 8:06am On Mar 18, 2010
Im pretty cool with using Nuendo/ Cubase Sx , the GUI is cool, flexible to use.

the only snag in it is how it rewires with Reason which is why Im now stuck on the new Protools 8. PT 7 doesnt really cut it for me in terms of GUI and plugins but PT 8 is a monster and for the fist time Im begining to see why its the most preferred DAW internationally.
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by ElRazur: 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2010
Producers?

Audio engineer?

Really? On nairaland? Half of these folks just knock a beat or two together, but I am not sure they qualify as Producer or Sound engineer.  grin

At the moment I am playing about with PreSenous Studio one. But I prefer the work flow of Ableton live.  smiley
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by DLloyds: 9:59am On Mar 19, 2010
ElRazur:

Producers?

Audio engineer?

Really? On nairaland? Half of these folks just knock a beat or two together, but I am not sure they qualify as Producer or Sound engineer.  grin

At the moment I am playing about with PreSenous Studio one. But I prefer the work flow of Ableton live.  smiley

In my opinion, there are more beat makers than producers. Beat makers of the lowest cadre are the 100% fruity loopers, above those are dudes who's got a hang of the midi controller. On the other hand, there are some great producers who cant even play an instrument but could tell the instrumentalist what to play.

Audio engineers, I mean the real ones really do exist on nairaland. I know some SAE grads, Protools Operators, Live sound engineers here in Lagos and trust me they qualify. How much more of my trumpet should I blow?
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by ElRazur: 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2010
D_Lloyds:

In my opinion, there are more beat makers than producers. Beat makers of the lowest cadre are the 100% fruity loopers, above those are dudes who's got a hang of the midi controller. On the other hand, there are some great producers who cant even play an instrument but could tell the instrumentalist what to play.

Audio engineers, I mean the real ones really do exist on nairaland. I know some SAE grads, Protools Operators, Live sound engineers here in Lagos and trust me they qualify. How much more of my trumpet should I blow?

I agree. I have always shyed away from calling myself the following - a producer, a rapper or singer. I am of the opinion that I am more of a "Hobbyist beat maker". While I have Produced and made my own stuff and released stuff here and there on the net, I am still a Hobbyist and won't even label myself anything.

It is funny how many people call themselves "rapper" but are yet to sell a single CD or have a record deal, or better still recognised as one. [Your best mate calling you a rapper do not count]. grin

There may be well be Producers et al on here, but I think they comprise of very little number.

As per your trumpet, this na nairaland blow am well well. grin grin
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by ElRazur: 1:24pm On Mar 19, 2010
Speaking of music and what not, you may want to post your studio here like some of us have done.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-406062.0.html

smiley
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by ShotCaller: 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2010
I need a very good sound engineer to mix and master our songs,
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by DLloyds: 7:46pm On Mar 20, 2010
ShotCaller:

I need a very good sound engineer to mix and master our songs,

Im may not be the best but I soooooooo darn good at what I do. Holla at us!

ElRazur:

Speaking of music and what not, you may want to post your studio here like some of us have done.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-406062.0.html

smiley

Done!
What you say? Shotcaller is looking for a sound engineer-the real one.

Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by ShotCaller: 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2010
LLoyd. please have u done any works out there, but anyway expect to here from us soon. Rgrds
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by souljahman: 5:02am On Apr 06, 2010
@ d lloyds, wat did u say about fruity loops?, i dnt care wat u use, i just want to hear ur end result. Do u even knw anything about fruityloops or u are one of dose people dat criticise d software cos everybody has access 2 it? Plzzzzzzzzzzzz,

1 Like

Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by DLloyds: 10:48am On Apr 09, 2010
souljahman:

@ d lloyds, wat did u say about fruity loops?, i dnt care wat u use, i just want to hear your end result. Do u even knw anything about fruityloops or u are one of dose people dat criticise d software cos everybody has access 2 it? Plzzzzzzzzzzzz,

Guy! Don't even try! I breathe FL man! Don't get it wrong, its not a hate for FL, i mean if not for image line, a lot of folks would still be finding it hard to make there own songs. Consequently, it stole a lot of cheese from producers who make beats on some serious gear(so i understand why some people are mad at FL) The good thing bout Fl is that its got an open architecture unlike Reason, but the samples are quite lame especially drums, bass and pianos. The most powerful plugin I think, is the Sytrus, its got some killer synths!

Well, to compensate for the weak samples, just rewire Reason or Hypersonic into FL , or get some nice samples online or make yours and free your music from the cliche sound that comes with using FL the way it is.
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by tEsLim(m): 2:18pm On Apr 11, 2010
Get yourself an MPC5000 or atleast Properllerhead Reason4
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by playahP(m): 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2011
1- MY award for best up coming producer: 2010.
2= the studio i work for---- i covered the screen so pple wldnt know my DAW, my studio is located in Enugu for now but i just started working in a place in ikeja lagos.
3- MPc by the right, for those of us who dont know what it is.

Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:26pm On Nov 02, 2011
Acid Pro - Don't like it.
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 03, 2011
Y must der be a bad belle branging fool in a forum??u know who u are bitch.abeltoncmon man
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by Nobody: 6:24am On Nov 03, 2011
Omg!!Which one be real and fake producer again.beat is beat.and FYI fruityloops is a very good software.pls u guys sound like you never touched a pc.

1 Like

Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by SDBEAT(m): 12:14pm On Nov 13, 2011
I use cubase nd fruityloops i use rewire reason i prefer to mix on board my name is SD BEAT u can halla mi on dis num 08060377827 or 07086721987 my studio is located @ orile

Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by enjoy1275: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2011
I use pro tools 9, ableton live and garage band. I bought my pro tools 9 a little too soon. I should have qualified for a free upgrade to the recently-released pro tools 10.
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by JollofNG(m): 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
Which is the best best making software
Re: Producers & Audio Engineers: What Software Makes You Tick? by Jodextunez(m): 5:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
naijaproducers..com

(1) (Reply)

Admission Is On At The Musicians Institute, Festac / The New Facebook Experience / You Need To Listen To This...hossanah High Praise Download It...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.